All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:04 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Teddy looked at the man in front of him for a long, silent moment, as if he was trying to judge the validity of that answer. When he didn't find anything to question, he just nodded.
"I believe you," he stated, unnecessarily but polite. He then turned towards his half finished bowl of cereal, and as he once again dove into it, it was apparent that he had no need to continue that conversation.
As he scraped the last few flakes together, he glanced up at the man. "Your name was Draco, right?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:50 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco nodded softly at that, confirming the inquiry of the child. He wanted to make better conversation with Teddy, but it wasn't easy when he was focused on not accidentally saying something wrong. It also didn't help that he basically never interacted with children, so the exchange was foreign and strange to him.
"Yes, my name is Draco," he simply stated, figuring that that is a good way to go.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:47 pm 

Teddy hummed at that, as he lifted the bowl to his lips to drink the remaining milk. After a visibly content moment, Teddy pushed the bowl a bit away. "Draco, do you want to watch cartoons with me?"
Harry was usually fairly opinionated as to how much and when Teddy watched cartoons, but the child figured that a morning like this counted as special occasions - especially now that Harry was fast asleep and unable to interviene.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:58 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco smiled softly at the question, mostly out of relief seeing as it had to mean that he was doing something right in this conversation. He had no idea what cartoons were, but he figured that it was something muggle, probably something like the movies that Harry had shown him. Harry had told him that Teddy liked them too after all, so it would make the most sense.
"I would like that," he said with a soft nod. "Why don't you go get a cartoon ready? Then I'll wash your bowl while you do that," he offered, figuring that that probably would be for the better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:50 am 

A frown briefly flickered across Teddy's features, unable to notice Draco's awkward phrasing. He seemed to consider questioning it, but he finally decided against it, and his features once again softened. "Thank you."
Teddy crawled off the chair, pushing it towards the dining table. His movements were followed by a loud, scraping sound against the floorboards, and the child instinctively glanced towards Harry's bedroom door. When that didn't seem to wake him, he puttered off towards the tv, turning it on by the main switch. He stood another few moments changing the channels, until settling on a channel that was showing brightly coloured drawings; Teddy then walked backwards towards the sofa, his eyes not leaving the screen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:53 pm 

Draco listened to what the child was doing as he washed the bowl. Once the voices started and light came on in the kitchen, Draco realised that it was indeed the telly-thing that Harry seemed to like so much. He dried off the bowl and put it back in the cupboard, before going to join Teddy on the couch.
He watched the thing in silence for a bit, not really sure what to think of it. Teddy was obviously really into it, and he guessed that he could see why he would be. It was very bright in the colours and it was easy to follow and understand. However, it still confused Draco that you couldn't interact with the people on screen, but Teddy seemed to really enjoy it nonetheless. "So, you enjoy these... cartoons?" Draco asked, the word obviously foreign in his mouth.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:34 pm 

"Hmmh?" Teddy asked, turning his head towards Draco several seconds before actually looking at him. Once again it was an odd phrasing, and in that moment Teddy seemed to realise, Draco might not know about Muggle things. "Yeah, greatly."
The corners of Teddy's mouth briefly turned upward. He once again looked at the television. "This one's called Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends -" as to clarify his words he pointed at the television "- its about an orphanage for imaginary friends and how Mac - that's Mac - his mum has told him that he's too old for ab imaginary friend so Bluu - that ... thats Bluu, the blue one - has to stay at Foster's, but Mike comes to visit every day so they can keep playing together."

Last edited by Nymeria on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:19 pm 

Draco listened attentively to what Teddy was telling him, honestly wanting to understand what it was about. Even if Harry didn't want him to meet Teddy yet, then he still figured that he could make the best of it and at least try not to make the situation more complicated than it had to be. He would just avoid telling Teddy about what he was to Harry, then they should be just fine.
"But if they're imaginary, why do they need a home to go to?" He asked, not entirely certain that he understood. All in all just not really understanding muggle culture all that much, but he was willing to try for this child.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:28 pm 

Draco had made a valid point, and it managed to silence Teddy for a few moments. He watched the characters play around on screen trying to make sense of it. "I think they're real, at least to the kids. They're left at the orphanage when the parents don't want their kids to play any more. This way a new kid can adopt them."
Though the points Teddy made were grim, there was a trace of optimism in his voice. "But Mac doesn't want another kid to adopt Bluu because then they'll never get to see each other again."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:36 am 

"That makes sense, I guess," Draco stated, wearing a soft between his eyebrows. It seemed like Teddy had a good understanding of what it was supposed to be about, and Draco appreciated how he tried to explain it to him. "So they are real to the kids and when they cease being real, the kids send them to the home?" He offered, not sure if that was accurate, but it would make sense to him. "And then another kid can adopt them, so that they won't have to be ignored."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:02 pm 

Teddy had to take a few moments to process that. Meanwhile, the characters continued moving around on screen, and Teddy only seemed to regain focus once the first of two mini episodes ended. Then, he looked at Draco with such a pensive expression, it made the young child look serious.
"Yes," Teddy agreed. "I think so. And it's very important that somebody adopts friends who have been left at Foster's orphanage."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:41 am 

Draco nodded softly at that, trying hard to think of some magic equivalent to this, but to no avail. It seemed to just be the result of weird muggle imagination. Those muggles sure did like to believe a lot of odd stuff.
"It's important that they get adopted so that they can feel loved again, yes?" He asked, wanting to be absolutely certain that he understood what was going on.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:25 am 

"Yes, very," Teddy agreed with a solemn nod. His eyes remained on the television screen, as another short started playing, but it only took him a couple of moments to realise that he had already seen this one.
"You know, I'm adopted," he added, not sure if Draco knew Teddy wasn't Harry's son. Teddy turned to slightly to look at Draco in search for a reaction.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:32 pm 

Draco nodded softly at the question, happy that Teddy decided to trust him with the information, even if he already knew it. "Yeah, I know," he said with a warm smile. It was only after he had stated that, that he realised why the show probably was important to Teddy. After all, he could relate to the feeling of being adopted.
"You're very lucky that Harry loved you so much, huh?" He tried, not entirely sure how to handle the conversation, nor what Teddy expected him to say. "I mean, he chose to have you as a son after all."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:32 pm 

Teddy spent a couple of moments looking at Draco, taking his time to process what Draco was saying to him. Eventually he answered with a little frown.
"Well, Hazza is my godfather," as if saying that Harry really didn't have much of a choice. However, Teddy was cut short by the sudden activity in Harry's bedroom.

Harry hadn't even looked at his clock, but he already knew he was late. He had woken up in an sudden, abrupt manner and within seconds, Harry had stumbled out of bed.
"Draco -" Harry called, not even sure if the other had stuck around. He scrambled to get dressed, pulling on yesterdays jeans and whatever shirt was within reach. "- I'm really super late, I have to run, Teddy's-"
Harry was stunned into silence the moment he opened the bedroom door. The sight of Draco and Teddy sitting on the couch was more than unexpected, and with his heartbeat still racing in his ears, Harry didn't know what to say.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:52 pm 

"Goodmorning Harry," Draco said in a casual tone, not entirely sure how Harry would feel about this entire thing. He knew that Harry had been apprehensive about letting him meet Teddy, but now it sorta happened without Harry having any say in it. It was a weird situation for him to be in, but he just hoped that Harry would be okay with it.
"Ginny came by with Teddy, we have eaten breakfast and we're watching-" he looked briefly over at Teddy with a soft frown, wanting to be sure that he got this muggle stuff right, "cartoons?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:44 pm 

Harry's eyes moved towards Draco, but he seemed so exhausted and out of breath that he barely saw the other. Instead, Harry moved towards the couch and towards Teddy. He seated himself on the coffee table across from them, and this time he glanced at Draco before once again turning his attention towards the child.
"Hi, baby," Harry breathed with a soft grin as he cupped Teddy's face between his hands, absentmindedly running a hand through the boy's hair (which, momentarily, made it turn into a streaky brown colour as if Harry was effectively pulling out the redness from it). "I'm so sorry, I overslept."
"It's okay, Haz," Teddy said, turning his head slightly without seeming to mind the touch; he just tried to keep his eyes on the screen. "Draco was awake."
At the mention of Draco's name, Harry's eyes yet again found Draco, this time with a heart felt appreciation expressed in them. "We're so lucky he was, weren't we?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:32 pm 

Draco felt extremely weird about the situation. He felt like he was intruding on something private between Harry and Teddy, especially seeing as he knew that Harry didn't even want to meet Teddy yet. It was probably going to be necessary for them to talk it through, but that seemed extremely scary to Draco, and he would honestly just rather avoid that. He liked what they had and he honestly didn't want them to change a single thing.
Despite the deep turmoil in his mind, he managed to send Harry a soft smile, not really feeling like he had anything to say to the entire situation. He should probably just offer to leave now, but that seemed like he had something to feel guilty about, and he honestly didn't know if he did.
"There's fresh coffee if you want any," was all he actually managed to say.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:12 pm 

"Thank you," Harry exhaled, truly and genuinely thankful for that. He was barely awake but the emotional turmoil made his body ache as if he hadn't gotten any sleep at all.
With a soft groan, Harry got up from the coffee table, reaching out to give Draco's shoulder a reassuring squeeze as he moved past the other.
"Have you both had breakfast? Do you want a cup, too?" Harry added, this time solely directed to Draco, as he poured himself a cup at the kitchen.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:07 pm 

"We both had breakfast," Draco stated. He had gotten into the habit of eating breakfast after being around Harry a lot, seeing as Harry always reminded him of actually eating more than once a day. "But I'd like a cup of coffee, please," he said with a warm smile, feeling comforted by the soft touch on his shoulder. It meant that Harry wasn't all that mad at him after all, and that was honestly all he needed to know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 51  Next