All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:47 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

"No more busy than usual," Draco said with a shrug as he looked over the back of the couch to watch Harry in the kitchen. It was nice and calming to get to hang around Harry's apartment and do nothing but talk and drink tea.
"I was actually wondering if you would mind me spending the night," he said in a conversational tone, not wanting to show how much he actually cared about the answer to the question.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:22 pm 

Harry immediately looked up from the task ahead, with an expression on his face that did a poor job of covering his genuine surprise. Pleasant as the surprise was, it took Harry several moments to fully process what Draco had said, and the smile appeared on Harry's features with a considerable delay.
"Not at all," Harry answered, once again looking down at the tea. He did his best to match Draco's casual tone of voice, having a good guess as to why Draco had phrased the question so casually. If Draco didn't want to make a big deal about it, Harry didn't intend to do or say anything that would make Draco uncomfortable.
Moving towards the stove and towards the kettle on top of it, Harry continued as if this wasn't a new part of their relationship. "Teddy's got school tomorrow at 9 so we'll be up early, but of course you can come and go as you need to."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:20 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco hummed and nodded at that, fully well knowing that Harry and Teddy had their routines and thus he didn't want to just assume that he could stay over. It was still nice to know that Harry wanted him around, even for the busy mornings with Teddy. Draco really wanted to be a proper part of Harry's life, but he was also going to take it slow and not involve himself with anything too fast. He wanted their relationship to be genuine and feel natural.
"I don't mind. I am used to getting up early anyway," he said, even if Harry already knew that. It was strange to him, but he was already looking forward to spending his morning with Harry and Teddy; really wanting to be a part of that kind of intimacy. "It's not like I am going to be able to sleep in."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:00 pm 

Harry just chuckled at that, pouring the hot water into the cups. He wanted to say that his room had been magically soundproofed, and that Harry was fairly certain Draco would be able to sleep through whatever noises him and Teddy could make before school - but, on the other hand, Harry would rather have Draco get up with them to fully experience the morning.
"Suit yourself," he added, a vague undertone of a tease in his voice and a grin in the corner of his mouth.
With a cup in each hand, Harry once again crossed the living room, but rather than directly handing Draco the mug, Harry placed both of them on the coffee table. Turning to face Draco, Harry placed one hand on the armrest, before leaning in to plant a brief kiss on Draco's cheek. "I'm sure not complaining."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:45 pm 

"You'd be a fool if you did," Draco said with a warm smile, before leaning forward to take his tea. Even if he already knew that Harry wanted him around, it was always nice to hear the words said to him. He wanted to get to be a part of this after all, even if he might still seem very hesitant about certain parts of their relationship.
He took a sip from his tea as he looked at Harry with a fond smile, not trying to hide how much he felt at ease and how happy he was with Harry. "It's not every day you get free house help after all."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:43 pm 

Harry just grinned at that, but, instead of joining Draco on the sofa, he sat on the coffee table in front of him.
"Oh, so that's what this is about? You want to stay over so that you can do some more chores around the house?" he countered with a surprised, but teasing tone and smile. Harry, too, cupped his mug, before leaning forward to rest his forearms against his thighs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:57 am 

"Oh yeah, you know how I love chores," Draco said with a crooked grin, teasing obvious in his voice. Sure, he didn't mind helping around at Harry's place, especially not considering the fact that he was hanging out a lot at the flat, but he had a flat of his own to clean as well, so it wasn't like he had nothing to do.
"It's not because I like being around you or anything. It's just because I feel like there's not enough upkeep in my own flat."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:11 pm 

Harry hummed in teasing agreement, eyeing Draco over the rim of his mug as he took a sip.
"I should have known that was it," he said as he lowered the mug. His tone of voice leaned closer towards a tease than his expression of grave acceptance would show. However, his follow up comment managed to make his act falter and a grin appear on his lips. "Should have known this was too good to be true."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:26 pm 

Draco hummed at that, unable to stop himself from grinning widely. He really did cherish moments like this one, where he just got to be alone with Harry and they didn't have to think too much about anything. It was just about them being together and not thinking about much else.
"Things that seem too good to be truth most often are, did you never learn that?" He asked with a crooked grin.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:42 pm 

Harry just shrugged at that; given any other context, the gesture might have come across as cocky, but the way Harry adverted his eyes, turning to place the empty mug om the coffee table next to him, he appeared almost indifferent.
"I tend to be unreasonably lucky," he eventually answered, his voice sincere. Harry once again eyes Draco, but as he did, his smile changed character. With a teasing grin, he countered: "Did you never learn that?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:43 pm 

Draco smiled softly at that, fully well realising what Harry actually meant by his statement, but not wanting to think too much of it. Even if they had already come very far in their relationship, they still had a long way to go. He also knew that that was mostly due to himself, but he didn't want to accidentally ruin their relationship by going too far too fast.
"I mean, I am your boyfriend, so I know that you tend to be unreasonably lucky," he said with a crooked grin, purposefully keeping their exchange teasing. It was late after all and the intimacy of their situation, and the fact that Draco was going to be staying the night, could easily put them in a situation they weren't ready for yet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:26 pm 

Harry just hummed at that, a soft smile on his lips as he did. The word boyfriend was still new to their shared vocabulary - in fact, it had yet to be said out loud to any other but Teddy - and in that moment, Harry fully relished having that word to themselves. It felt giddy, almost like having a childhood secret; well aware that it would only remain truly theirs for a brief while before they were bound to share it with the rest of the world.
Finding himself going down a longer trail, Harry decided to cut the trip short and just skip straight to were his thoughts would inevitably lead him. With movements slowed by his tiredness, Harry leaned forward to plant a kiss on Draco's cheek.
"Sure am," he chuckled out, remaining too close to Draco's skin as he did.
Without giving either the time to linger, Harry stood, stretching at his shoulders with a soft groan. There had been no suggestiveness to his kiss, and his following gestures were comfortable but purely domestic. Lazily scratching at his stubble line, he once again eyed Draco. "Do you mind if I take a shower? You can go to bed if you like, I'll be quiet."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:42 pm 

Draco felt warm all over, barely able to believe that he is lucky enough to have Harry in his life. It was something he had to remind himself of often, simply because it seemed too good to be true. He really enjoyed the soft domesticity that followed being with Harry and he couldn't remember ever having anything quite like it. It just had never really been in the cards for him, so he had gotten used to the thought of going without it.
"I won't stop you," he said with a soft smile, looking up at Harry. He was considering going to bed himself after all, so he didn't really mind it. It seemed like a good excuse to actually get himself together and go to bed. "I'll probably bring my book and read some before sleeping, so don't worry about it."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:19 pm 

Harry let out another hum; it came across as a slightly distracted answer, as his hand moved from his jaw to his hair. Pressing down on his scalp as he rain his hand through his hair, he considered whether or not he could even be bothered.
"I'll be quick," he said out loud, as much to himself as to Draco. Regaining focus, Harry's eyes once again found Draco's, a smile appearing on his lips at the sight. Moments after, he turned and walked towards his bedroom.
Harry reappeared into the living room with a bundle of clothes in his hands.
"All yours," he declared, pushing open the bathroom door as he did. "You just help yourself to a change of clothes," he added, figuring it came without saying. Harry momentarily considered suggesting Draco leaving at least a pajamas at Harry's, but eventually decided against it. "I'll be out in a minute."
With that, Harry entered the bathroom, inattentively pushing at the door as he moved towards the sink. Letting the clothes fall on the edge of the tub, Harry ran the faucet, letting the sink fill up. Leaving that be, he pulled his shirt over his head, throwing it into the hamper in the corner of the room. Seeing himself move, his eyes darted back up to the mirror, only now noticing that the door behind him was still ajar.
Turning around, a crooked grin on his lips, he crossed the distance and properly closed the door him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:05 am 

Trying to get himself to get up from the couch and go to bed, Draco looked at the bathroom door, where Harry had just disappeared. He had expected to find the door closed, but that wasn't the case. Instead, the door was slightly ajar, revealing Harry standing in front of the sink, shirtless and obviously preparing to shave. It wasn't something Draco hadn't seen before, but yet he was still stunned by the sight. Maybe it was just the domesticity of the situation, but Draco was suddenly overwhelmed with his feelings for Harry.
It was only when Harry properly closed the door that Draco managed to shake himself out of his reverie and actually get up from the couch. It wasn't really that he was extremely tired, but he knew that he should at least go to bed and relax for a but.
Entering Harry's bedroom, Draco took off his shirt and his jeans, figuring that he would be fine with just sleeping in his briefs for tonight. He was getting more comfortable with partial nudity around Harry, so while it was new that he slept without a shirt at Harry's, then he didn't feel like it was too much.
He snuck into bed with his book, settling in and getting comfortable, while he was waiting for Harry to join him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:54 pm 

It couldn't have taken more than 15 minutes for Harry to shower, shave and dress himself for bed. Uncharacteristically, Harry had taken a moment to dry his hair as best as he could, having in mind that somebody else would have to suffer through damp bedding if he didn't; but with only a towel at hand he gave up a couple of minutes in.
His hair was still cool to the touch as he finally exited the bathroom. He was wearing a mis matched set of pajamas - dark blue sweatpants and a souvenir shirt from a visit to Gulliver's World - and crossed the apartment barefooted to check that both windows and doors were properly closed. Finding nothing out of the ordinary, Harry finally turned off the last light in the living room, and pushed open his bedroom door.
Amazingly, Draco's state of undress wasn't the first thing Harry had noticed. Immediately overwhelmed with a feeling of unconditional love, Harry couldn't recall ever having seen Draco so stunning. Seeing the other in his bedroom, in his bed with a book almost had Harry's heart bursting with joy.
Then, secondly, Harry noticed Draco's bared shoulders. In the half light of the reading lamp, the strip of what was visible Draco's pale skin over the edge of the duvet looked almost iridescent. Harry's breath got caught on words he never managed to say out loud, fully realising the immense amount of trust that laid behind Draco's decision to sleep shirtless.
Harry turned slightly to close the bedroom door, before finally tugging the duvet aside and creeping into bed next to Draco. As the distance between them shortened, Harry's smile only grew; by the time he was on his knees next to Draco, he was grinning from ear to ear.
Placing a hand on Draco's wrist, Harry insistingly forced the book away from the other's field of vision.
"No reading past bedtime, babe," he muttered, a breathy laugh, before leaning in to place a kiss on Draco's cheek. When his lips parted from Draco's skin, Harry continued with a grin. "I've already got one kid in this house trying to sneak books to bed, don't need another."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:44 pm 

It wasn’t because his book was particularly riveting or exciting, in fact, it was a medical book recommended by one of his coworkers, so it was quite a heavy read. However, it was still quite interesting and Draco found himself easily engaged in the book, finding the processes described in the book very interesting. They were, however, no more interesting that harry being able to easily steal back his attention.
He grinned softly at the comment as he put the book away, not minding turning his full attention to his boyfriend, especially not when he was freshly showered and ready for bed. It felt really nice and domestic to have been waiting for Harry to get out of the shower and Draco found that he was getting more and more used to being a part of Harry’s life like that.
“I think I speak for both me and Teddy when I say sorry for trying to get smarter,” he said, but the soft smile on his lips clearly indicated that there was no edge to the words. “Also, you weren’t here, so I had to entertain myself, didn’t I?”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:26 pm 

Harry hummed at that, sounding like he didn't fully agree with Draco's reasoning; the smile, however, promised it was all well meant.
"Teddy's usually very good at hiding away his book when he hears me come," he offered, casually, as he reached across Draco's chest in order to take the book from him. Harry only had a single night stand on the bedside closest to the door, and without waiting for Draco's approval, he picked up the book and turned to place it on the sidetable behind him.
He laid further down into te bed, and by the time his eyes once again turned towards Draco, Harry's head was practically on the pillow. "But I guess you couldn't know," he added, in the same light and coquettish tone as before.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:09 pm 

Draco shook his head at that, still wearing a soft smile on his lips. It wasn't that Draco ever really doubted his relationship with Harry, but it was moments like this that made him even more certain that that it was right for him. He loved Harry with everything he had and he was so happy to be a part of his life like this.
"I guess I thought that this was a democracy," he said with a soft smile. He finally got a proper look at Harry and only just then noticed that he had shaved. He reached out to gently run a hand over Harry's newly shaved face, smiling softly at the sensation.
"You shaved," he commented, not sure why it fascinated him so much, but it just seemed nice. "Finally I can kiss you without getting carpet burn."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:27 pm 

Draco's words brought a soft smile onto Harry's lips, leaning slightly into the touch fully relishing it-
"I did," he agreed, gently, as if it was no longer permitted to speak out loud now that he had gotten fully into bed. "I figured I better start off my week looking like I make an effort."
The comment was added with the slightest suggestion of a grin in the corner of his mouth, but he was fully aware that his words were spoken truthfully. It was rare that he shaved more than once a week, even though that mean walking around with an awkward length between stubble and a beard.
"You like it?" he couldn't help but ask, interested seeing that Draco had found it worth a comment. Not certain what answer he preferred, it almost seemed daunting meeting Draco's eyes; instead, he turned his head further towards Draco, pressing a kiss onto the other's bared shoulder. "No prickly bits."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 51  Next