All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 899 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:30 pm 

Her eyes shot open at Karren's words. Lorraine had left?! Why would she just up at leave without a single word?! Poor Kai was so distraught, for reasons unknown to her at the time, that she didn't even here the other woman's next words. When the paper was handed to her, she snapped out of her trance-like state long enough to take it and read it. Her eyes moved across the page, lips moving as she silently mouthed the words.

The note read as follows:

Kai,

As my alpha, I wanted to apologize to you personally. While I wish I had the heart to do it in person, I just can't forgive myself for what I've done. I know none of you blame
me for what my human did to Warren, what she put him through, but I blame myself. I can never forgive myself for sitting back and letting it happen, watching it all. I should have tried harder to break free, I'm so sorry that I didn't.

With that said, I'll tell you why I left without a word. I just couldn't handle what I'd done, what I'd let happen. Even as I write this, I still hate myself terribly. In order to clear my mind and come to peace with it all - because, lord knows I wish I could go back and change everything - I needed to get away from everything and everyone. I adore you greatly and, while I respect you as my alpha, I'm shutting myself away for awhile, cutting my bonds off until I am ready to come back.

But I digress for the time being. When we meet again, and I know we will, I will give the both of you a proper apology. Until then, tell Warren how sorry I am.

The real reason for this note is what I've left for you. I've packed away all of my research (both handwritten notes and those on my laptop) and even made sure to write it all in a way that you all could understand it. Knowing Brandt, I'm guessing he's found it already. And if you're reading this then someone has found the other thing I have left for you. The serum.

When I took your blood awhile back, I had already started working on a dose for you before even mentioning the possibility of changing. I've tested it multiple times with your blood just to make sure it would work, and it turned out beautifully each time. You have absolutely nothing to worry about when you decide to take it. While I wish I could have altered it to make the change less painful for you, there was no way I could make that possible. Your bones have to reshape and change and reform. It's a painful process, so I apologize for the pain you will have to go through.

On another note. After testing your new 'mutated' blood, I tested it with the sample I took from Warren and....they're pretty compatible. So, I think it's safe to say that you should have no problems when it comes to creating little ones.

I must go now. But when I do see you again, I expect to see your family growing.

Best wishes,
Lorraine

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:29 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Blog: View Blog (0)

Warren watched Kai read the whole note. She just stared at it for a few moments so he took it from her loose grip and quickly read it himself. He was saddened by it. Saddened that the other woman had carried a burden she had no idea how to bear. He sighed. that was why the bonds had been stressed.

"Mom.... This is why Ive felt uneasy lately isnt it? I felt something was wrong since late last night...." Warren was looking at the note thoughtfully as he took Kais hand back in his own. He hoped the contact would help her.

---------------

Karren sighed and nodded.

"Yes Warren..... When i made Kai her Luna, it linked them, and by default you as pack.... Or pride to your own instincts. Shes going to feel the same until she returns to you..... But in her current state of mind..... She might feel she deserves the pain of separation and loneliness...... You see, wolves are social creatures Warren. Very few of us can survive long without a pack. Felines are able to roam alone for great lengths of time, just like their Feral counterparts..... We as shifters are bound by our animal ancestry..... She will feel a longing that will eventually make her return...... Or turn her Rouge......" Karren shook her head sadly at that last part..

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:58 pm 

Kai was quiet as Warren and his mother spoke. After Warren had taken the note from her, her eyes found a spot on the desk and the didn't leave; she couldn't make them. She was unsure of what to do. They couldn't exactly go out and look for Lorraine; she'd left no indication as to where she was going and besides, they'd already sent some scouts out and they could find nothing. And no matter how hard she tried, every time she tried to reach through the bond, she hit a wall. Lorraine really had closed herself off.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she wasn't paying attention to the conversation happening next to her.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:06 am 

Back from hiatus!

After Warren and Karren finished speaking he stood and shook Kais shoulder gently.

"Come on love. Im still tired and so are you. Lets get some more rest and then we can focus on what to do after that."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:15 am 

Nodding almost mechanically, Kai stood and let Warren lead her out of the office and down the hall to their room. Even once they were laying in bed, she couldn't focus on sleep. She lay there on the brink, teetering on the edge of unconsciousness and consciousness but unable to grasp hold of just one. On one hand, she was exhausted; even though she and Warren had slept a great deal the night before, she felt drained without really knowing why. But on the other hand, she felt horrible wanting to sleep when Lorraine was out there all alone...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:45 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warren sighed and hugged Kai close. He knew she was distressed by the last few days. He cast a small spell to make her fall asleep. He spoke as he finished casting it.

~Sleep love. Things will be ok. We can face them better when we arent exhausted.~ He held her close as the spell started to take effect`

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:24 am 

She tried to fight the onset of sleep, but it was too hard to stay awake much longer. Even thought her mind was racing and she was lost in her thoughts, being in Warren's arms comforted her enough to allow her to let go. But before sleep had a firm grasp on her, Kai turned over and pressed herself against him as much as she possibly could, her head tucked under his chin and her face buried against his chest. Then she let herself fall into a dreamless sleep.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:19 am 

Back from hiatus!

He held her close as she fell asleep. After some time he too drifted off and let slumber have him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:37 pm 

Come the next morning, Kai was awake rather early and managed to sneak out of the room without waking Warren. Leaving him to sleep, she quietly made her way down the hall and to the office, leaving the door slightly open. Setting the small box of things that Lorraine left behind on the desk, she sat down before starting to pull things out. With everything spread out in front of her, the first thing she did was go through the notes. While she couldn't understand most of what was written down, she understood enough to keep reading on. Or at least trying to.

Kai didn't much care for how the serum that had changed Warren was made. What she wanted to know was how it had reacted to the blood sample she had given Lorraine days before. Once found, she set all the other papers aside and read, eyes wide, what had happened in the little test.

At first, it seemed it had had a bad reaction and, frighteningly enough, started to attack her blood cells. After a little altering and two more tests, it seemed to be compatible. While it might not have been the exact thing that made Warren what he was now, the end result would be the same. Once she took it...they would be the same. But there was a small bit of fear stopping her from going to the kitchen in that instant to take it. She didn't want to do it alone but who was to say that Warren wouldn't try to stop her? Seeing how much pain he had been in, knowing that it had to have been ten times worse for him... Kai would certainly understand why he would be hesitant about it.

But it wouldn't be right to not have him there...[/color][/size]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:10 am 

Back from hiatus!

At the bottom of the test was a notation to another page of notes and a computer file. it was simply worded.

Dear Kai, please read page 49 and 50, Then, if you make your decision, Watch Vids 79AM9 in my Notes folder on my Laptop....... I wish you both the best whatever your choice may be.......

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:18 pm 

Reading the short note at the bottom of the page not once, but twice, Kai thumbed through the papers once more, looking for the pages mentioned. Once found, she laid them out on top of the mess in front of her, eyes reading each and every word carefully. It took her a little longer to get through them and just to understand them she had to go over them several times; even then she wasn't sure she understood everything written there.

Setting them aside to return to later, Kai fished the laptop out of the box and turned it on. While waiting for it to power up, her leg started to shake nervously under the desk. Why was she suddenly so anxious? Whatever was in those videos surely wasn't that bad. Maybe it would explain more about what would happen if Kai decided to proceed with the transformation. There was only one way to find out.

As soon as the home screen appeared, Kai quickly and easily found the videos in question and opened them with some hesitation. Remaining silent, eyes glued to the screen, she watched them....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:55 pm 

Back from hiatus!

As the videos started one showed blood in vials being tested in various ways while the other was showed Lorraine talking to the camera.

"Kai, if you're watching this then I wish to apologize for everything that's happened. I wish I could take things back, but what's done is done. So I've tried to make things better for you and Warren. The virus that changes Warren was flawed, that's why his change was so excruciating and its why his body reacted by reverting in age. Every cell in his body was dying and changing at once, but the magic and genes of our shifter DNA kept him alive, by regrowing his cells as fast as possible. That's why he was a child again, because his body was basically replaced from the inside out, rather painfully.....

Ive tried many versions of altered virus and I've finally after dozens of failures found a version which won't kill the cells. It alters them more slowly to prevent killing the cells or damaging the body. Its a slower days long process. Your body will feel hot and you'll feel like you have the Flu for two to four days..... I'm not saying its completely painless, but it won't be agonizing as Warrens own change was.

The changes..... I tested it several times.... The changes will allow you to have children with Warren..... but they also make it impossible to ever have kids with another..... The changes make your body reject regular pregnancy, and only warrens blood was a match for reproduction.

Also.... Youll most likely be able to turn into.... The same creature.... The 'Werewolf' type that Warren became. I'm unsure of the shift process, so he will have to help you.....

I hope for the best for you both..... I'm sorry again.... But I hope my gift helps you both have the family I was never allowed......"

The videos end and close themselves after her last words.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:44 am 

Once the videos ended, Kai sat in silence, staring at the screen as if we're going to do something. She'd watched the virus react with her blood, listened to Lorraine tell her what would happen. It would take longer for the changes to fully take over and, to be honest, feeling like she had the flu was better than the pain Warren had gone through. There really was no way he could argue that; if he didn't try to talk her out of it then she would be surprised.

After watching the video, there was no question about it anymore. Yes, she'd show it to Warren and get his opinion on the matter, but with his blessing or not, Kai was going to take the virus. There was more to it than wanting to have a family with Warren. Was that part of the reason? Of course it was. Having a family, the possibility of that being a reality one day, it meant a lot to Kai. But she also didn't want to be different from her mate. With all his talk about wanting to start a pack of their own, it made her think. She couldn't truly be his queen until she was like him. While they had bonded on a different level since his change, become more than just a mates pair, Kai felt...almost useless in a way. That wasn't the right word, but for lack of a better one, that would have to do. She felt weak and inferior compared to him.

In one swift motion, Kai stood and closed the laptop, leaving the office and heading straight for the room she and Warren were staying in. Closing the door, she climbed onto the bed and started to shake Warren's shoulder.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:52 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warren grunted and groaned, stretching and stiffing a yawn as he opened his eyes to the shake of his shoulder. He looked over at his mate and smiled reaching up to caress her cheek.

"Mmmn... Morning love.... How are you ? And why up so early?" He wasnt able to stop the yawn that time, his body's tiredness still making itself annoyingly known.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:58 pm 

With a soft sigh, she leaned into the touch, a small smile touching her lips.

"Good morning," she said softly, turning her head to kiss his palm. "I couldn't sleep," she added after a moment.

Kai was quiet for a long minute or so, her hand coming up to cover Warren's. Finally, she spoke. "I need you to listen for a moment. Don't talk, just...listen and think." Without waiting for a response, she continued. "I'm going to take the serum. I'm taking it whether you like it or not, but....I would really like your support in the whole matter. Lorraine ran a number of tests and she managed to come up with something that...will make me like you. There's no guarantee that it won't be painful; we won't really know until I take it. But I watched how it reacted with my blood and the final time it worked."

Taking his hand away from her face, she held it in both of her own, eyes cast down. "I'm not exactly looking for approval, but...it would be nice to have. I want to truly be your Queen and...and I feel like I can't be that for you, not completely, while I'm stuck like this. That...and I want to give you a family one day." She looked up at him again, eyes already watering. "I can't do that like this..."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:23 am 

Back from hiatus!

His face became concerned as she started to speak. He closed his mouth as she started speaking and kept it closed. His eyes softened as she explained what she wanted to do, what shed like from him. And gripped her hand in his after she finished, quiet for a time as he thought of how to properly answer her, to give her what they both needed...

"Kai.... My Queen, my mate...... I will support you no matter what you choose.... I want you happy.... And if this will make you happy, then you have my blessing..... I want a family too my love.... But I dont want you to feel obligated at all for me....... If you say this is what you want then do it and Ill be here with you, supporting my mate and Queen..." He kissed her paw and then wiped her tears from the corners of her eyes tenderly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:01 am 

Kai's eyes grew wide in surprise; she hadn't expected him to agree to it so quickly. Surely he would have put up some kind of fight. Kai knew how he felt about it; after his change, he hadn't been too keen on putting her through the same thing. It was understandable; the pain he'd gone through had been horrible. But to hear him say what he had...that he just wanted her to be happy... That was all she really needed.

A soft smile touched her lips then. "I don't feel obligated," she said softly. "I want to do this...for us... From the moment I met you...somehow I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you, and I would do anything for you..."

Leaning in, she placed a soft kiss on his cheek, lips lingering for a moment before pulling away to look at him.

"I want to do it now," she said after a moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:14 am 

Back from hiatus!

His eyes tightened a little as he looked at her. The past week weighed heavy on his mind and he lay a hand on her cheek, stroking it with a thumb as he thought on it.

"I dont want you to hurt so..... But..... If that is what you want.... Then this is the safest place to do it love....." He looked into her eyes, worry and love written across his face. As he held her to him and then leaned in to kiss her passionately. Opening the bond to her, flooding it with love and his feelings, his worries and fears, his hopes and dreams for their future.

PostThis post was deleted by Eferhilda on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:30 pm.
Reason: OOC in IC
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 899 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45