All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Harry Potter
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:54 am 

Only limiting myself to one or two roleplays.

Blog: View Blog (3)

King's Cross Station was busy, it was bustling with commoners and... Children? On the first day of September, the train station always had children and teenagers hanging around. And sometimes, they even disappeared without a trace. It was hard to explain why there were children around the station when they should be off to school, maybe they went to a boarding school, who knew? Well, Delia Dawson did. A small plump girl hugged both of her parents tightly, "I will miss both of you very much!" She exclaimed, almost bursting into tears at the thought of leaving them. Delia's parents were both muggles, except her father had a seven greats grandmother who was a pureblood witch. The magic ancestor left the magical world behind after she failed the official test to become an Auror, she blended into the muggle world, married a muggle, and so on. There was more to the story, but Delia didn't want to think about it.

The plump eleven year old turned to her younger sister, she knelt down and hugged her. "I'll miss you too, Mairi," She said as the five year old clung to her and started crying. Delia's parents picked up the crying child and bid Delia goodbye. After they were gone, she turned to the orange tabby cat she received from the pet shop in Diagon Alley. "Well, it's just you and me, Hunter." The muggle born muttered as the cat sat on it's paws with a bored expression. She scooped him up and looked around, hopefully they can find the train...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After asking around for the platform, Delia had found it and was now on the Hogwarts Express. She found an empty compartment, she placed Hunter down right next to her and stared out of the window, hopefully she would make a new friend...

Beta Interest Check! :)

Muh waifs.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:01 am 

Blog: View Blog (42)

A young boy and his mother quickly darted through the muggles on King Cross Station. "Now, Akira" She began but her voice faded out as Akira glanced around the station. He saw a few kids around the same age and others not so much but if he had to guess they were like him. Heading off to Hogwarts. "Child, have you been listening? I want you to pay attention so next year you can do this by yourself." His mother spoke in a rather harsh tone. Akira looked down at his at his stuff shaking his head, she gave a soft sigh and pointed to the a wall in between platforms 9 and 10. He looked up at her with the most confused expression. "Just run straight between 9 and 10. It leads to 9 3/4. Come on now, quickly, people before more muggle show up."
Akira did as she said and ran straight at the wall, closing his eyes tightly as he expected to run right into it but when the sudden stop didn't come he opened his eyes.

~~~~

Akira hugged his mother goodbye and boarded the train with his cat meowing endless in her cage. He figured he would the her out once he found a place to sit down. He pace slowed as he looked at the compartments filled with other students and for once, he started to feel a little bit nervous. Finally Akira came across a compartment with only a girl sitting in it. He entered it. "I hope you don't mind, I really need to let my cat out and every where else is full and seeing how you already have a cat I figured you wouldn't mind if I let my cat out." He said. He closed the compartment door before opening the cage and the cat walked out. "Oh, I'm sorry I'm being so rude. My name is Akira Coupe, what's your name?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:39 am 

While Delia was staring idly out the window, she heard footsteps and turned around. The muggleborn gave the stranger a kind smile, the stranger was a boy about her age and he had a cat in his cage, "No, you're not being rude!" She chided in her Scottish accent. "Akira? That's a lovely name, I'm Delia Dawson. Pleasure to meet you."

Delia wasn't one to talk to other people, she was always the introvert in primary school who never had friends or acquaintances, the small girl just stayed away from others because she was afraid to put herself out there. Her cat Hunter's ears lifted in mere curiosity when he saw Akira's cat. "Ah, you have a cute cat, whats his or her name?" Delia bit her lower lip, she didn't really known what else to say or ask, hopefully this wasn't to awkward for the boy...

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:58 pm 

"Thank you...My mother gave it to me my name." He said a bit awkwardly. He reached over and petted his cat on top of her head. "It's a female and her name Tobi. My mother didn't want me to have an owl because she was afraid it would claw my eyes out or something. " He said and gave a small laugh. "Are you a first year as well?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:02 pm 

"Yes, I guess I am a first year," Delia replied a bit unsure of what he meant, reaching over to stroke a curious Hunter's orange fur. "So, what do they do in this boarding school other than magic? I come from a non-magical neighborhood, I guess you're experienced in this magick?"

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:10 pm 

"Yeah, I am. Well it is about the basics, how to control magic, cast spells, counter spells. How to make potions. Of course with each year the lessons get harder. If that makes any sense." He replied.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:13 pm 

"Why yes, that makes sense!" Delia exclaimed in mere optimism, clapping her hands together. The noise startled Hunter and made him scurry under the seats. The train had started moving and Delia was practically bouncing in her seat. "I'm so excited! Aren't you excited?"

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:51 pm 

Akira smirked at her reaction, it was kinda nice to see someone so happy. He felt the same excitement but didn't show it. "Yeah, I am! It's going to be awesome and hopefully we'll end up in the same house."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:01 pm 

"I'm sorry, what?" Delia turned to the boy, tilting her head slightly to the left side. "What's a house?"

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:17 pm 

"My mother explained it to me. Within Hogwarts there is four houses Hufflepuff, Slytherin, Gryffindor, and Ravenclaw. You get picked for one of those houses by a sorting hat. The hat picks which house you are best fit for. " He explained. "It's really quite interesting story about how these four house got started, the creator of the houses were also the founders of Hogwarts. There names were Hegla Hufflepuff, Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Of course the founders didn't always get along. Salazar Slytherin had more of a thing for Purebloods..." He suddenly stopped talking thinking he was annoying her with his announced history lesson. " I'm sorry, look me rumbling on about the history of Hogwarts. I mean that's all I really know about the school." He said quickly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:45 pm 

Delia quickly shook her head, she was rather engaged with Akira's explanation on what the houses were. But the names of the founders were quite odd, Salazar Slytherin? Godric Gryffindor? They were names that you would name your pets maybe but not people, maybe they were common names back then... A candy cart came by with a woman pushing the cart, "Would anyone like some treats?" She asked as Delia slid the compartment door open. The muggle born reached into her pockets and pulled out severals of gold, silver, and bronze coins, she gave them all to the lady. The lady furrowed a brow, seeing that the young girl wasn't experienced with magic currency, Delia took three chocolate frogs and one pack of beans.

The lady turned to Akira, "Would you like to buy some candy?"

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:01 pm 

Akira watched Delia hand over all her money, she didn't need that much. He decided not to question it though but next stop her from spending too much. He looked over to the woman shaking his head. "No, I'm good, thank you." He replied and waited until she before turning his attention back to Delia. "So, you said you came from a Muggle neighborhood, does that mean you're a muggle born then?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:52 am 

Delia unwrapped the wrapper from the Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Beans packed while trying her best to answer Akira's question. "Muggle? Is that what my parents are called? Well yes, my parents are both 'muggles'," She replied with a small chuckle, struggling to get the bean box to open. "My father did have a seven greats grandmother who was a proud pureblood witch. She was popular and wanted to be an Auror, But her social life got in the way and the Ministry of Magic turned her down. Ever since then, she moved to Scotland and blended in as a muggle."

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:38 pm 

Akira raised a brow at this information. "Wow, seven grandmothers that were witches? That's cool. You know, maybe your grandmother made a good choice, being a Auror is a difficult job and a lot of them get killed on duty anyways. Then again, the wizarding world always needs someone who isn't afraid of fighting against the dark arts. Speaking of dark arts, I think that might be the most interesting subject there is. But I don't think I'll become obsessed with it. The other classes have their benefits as well."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:36 pm 

"I don't like the sound of Dark Arts, it sounds very grim, isn't that right Hunter?" Delia lifted her legs onto the chair and sat in a criss-cross applesauce position while her tabby cat meowed in agreement. "Hehe, I think that anything with the word 'dark' in it is ought to be terrifying... Chocolate frog?" The plump girl lifted her hand to give the treat to Akira.

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:53 pm 

Akira laughed at her reaction. "Well, if it has the name dark in it, I don't think it's suppose to be fun. It's more of what to watch out of, how to protect yourself against certain enemies. "
He quickly shook his head. "No, I'm not a fan of chocolate."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:00 pm 

Delia gasped. "How can you not like chocolate!? I love chocolates!" The plump eleven year old pouted and folded her arms. The Hogwarts Express had skidded to a stop A horde of older students passed by their compartment, chatting happily and playfully shoving each other. "Hm, why did the train stop? Where are they going?"

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:33 am 

Akira shrugged. "It's just never been my thing. I like it every once in a while but other than that I can't stand it. " He replied. He looked around and then turned his attention back to Delia. "I think we are at Hogwarts. I guess there is only one way to find out, follow the crowd. Come on!" He said with excitement in his voice as he got to his feet.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:16 am 

Delia grinned and scooped a confused Hunter up in her arms, she slipped an unidentified Chocolate Frog in her robes pocket and made her way to the compartment door. The first year slid the glass door open and hopped out, without waiting for Akira, she ran out of the ogwarts Express and jumped down from the stairs. She turned around and waited for the boy, excited that she had a new friend.

Muh waifs.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:30 am 

Akira weaved through the crowd of students to catch up with his friend. He hopped off the train, coming up beside Delia. He wondered why some of the other students didn't get off, however didn't put much thought into it.