All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:24 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate listened to him and wrapped her arm over his, "The day is not over. Sure we will decorate your room and set your plants. You can tell me what changes you want. You have you own room and every thing in it should be yours. We can get you different furniture, change the colors of the curtains. We can do lots of things. We can make a list and shop more tomorrow."

Kate knew he had to be overwhelmed. "Rest in the carriage. You had an exciting day and so did I. You did a very good job making choices. You have your very own things now. We will get you more things gradually."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:42 pm 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen looked almost like he saw a ghost as Kate went on and on about how they could change up his room. The look of horror could actually be considered comical as he fought to quell the panic welling up in him. It wasn't a bad kind of panic. Just one where he felt like he was out of his depth. "I think the plants will be enough for now miss Kate. I do not want to put you out too much and right now, I find nothing wrong with the furniture that I have." And he really did not. In fact, it was the most furniture he had ever own. The fact that he had the option to sleep in a bed was fascinating to him. Not that he would ever use that option. He liked the pallets on the floor a lot better, but it was nice to know it was there for right now.

Stepping up into the carriage, he leaned back against the seat and closed his eyes. The rocking motions had him in half way to sleep daze. He wasn't all the way there and if Kate decided to talk to him, he could still respond. He was just very relaxed at the moment.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:13 am 

Kate realized Trillen had fallen asleep. She held him to keep warm. It was a fun day and very exciting to watch his face seeing new wonders. Trillen had to be exhausted, he was trying so hard not to make a mistake. Kate kissed his cheek. "You made today fun and you do not have to be perfect."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:12 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen felt a blush rise to his cheeks as he felt her lips brush his skin. He wasn't actually asleep but apparently Kate didn't know that. Well...He was and he wasn't. Even he didn't know how to describe it. Just that it was akin to what he would do when in boring meetings. If he wasn't needed for entertainment, he would doze off but still keep an ear on the conversation. Just in case he was needed. So needless to say, he heard Lady Kate's compliment about him making today fun. And the fact that he didn't have to try to be perfect. Both statements brought a warmth to his heart and even hope. He could be himself here. It may be awhile till he found his true self, but he needn't be afraid of showing it. To Kate. To anyone really. He felt comfortable for once in his life. Safe. Even loved. In a family way. He could definitely get used to this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:24 am 

Kate felt his body relax in her arms and saw his cheek turn a soft pink. The mage smiled and held him tighter. She snuggled a bit and nodded to sleep as the carriage rode at a steady pace home. Once home, they were greed by Ann. "Oh good your home his lordship wants to see Trillen in his study. Something about his family and a young girl here to meet him. They are in the study waiting."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:30 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

When they arrived home, Trillen didn't want to wake up. He was comfortable. Warm and safe in the carriage next to Kate. It felt like nothing could get him here. As if to prove his point, as soon as he stepped out of the carriage, Anne had a message for them. Something about Kate's father looking for him. That usually didn't bode well in Trillen's past experiences and it was with heavy feet that he moved off after nodding to Anne. He churned the words over in his head as he headed for the study, not expecting anyone to follow him and therefore not really going at a pace where it would be easy to have a conversation. His family and a girl who wanted to see him? But he didn't have any family. Least not family by blood. Most of his family had been the other slaves.

Could that be it? Had one of the other slaves escaped and came to him for help? After all, it was no secret he would have been slave to a king and they probably thought it would be easy to hide among so many of them. It was either that or maybe there was a mistake and he was being sent back. That thought actually had him pausing. He didn't want to go back! Not when he now knew freedom! He almost bolted right then and there and probably would have if the thought of what that would do to Kate hadn't crossed his mind. He couldn't do that to her. To anyone else but her. He would stay and face whatever it was. He just had to pause for a moment and take a deep breath.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:26 am 

As he entered the study a little girl with blond curls in a blue gingham dress and blue penefore ran up to Trillan and hugged him. "Bearman your alive. Soldiers came on griffins and flue here. I told them about you. I missed you and your stories."

Lyons was standing with a soldier dressed in sharp green uniform.

"Trillen, this is Sargent Malloy and he found Trudy wondering the streets of Seville."

The girl looked at Trillen with big sky blue eyes, "I ran to find you. The man says I am free and can go to school. I will have to live in the school. I can see you, right."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:36 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen blinked at the little girl. He was almost unable to believe his eyes. But she was standing here. In the flesh and thankfully not hurt. At least not that he can see and the fact that she was hugging him so hard helped add to that idea. Hugging her back, he picked her up and swung her around. Laughter filled the room as he sat her back down on the ground and got to her level to speak to her face to face without her straining her neck up. "Of course you can Trudy! I am free too now! Are you excited about school?" He couldn't stop grinning. He knew that Trudy would have an easier time adjusting than he was and he was glad for that. Looking up to Lyons and Malloy, he gave them both a nod of thanks. "Thank you. Thank you for making sure she got here safe."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:34 am 

Lyons could not help but chuckle as he placed his hand and patted the top of the soldier's shoulder. "Good job, see that Ann fixes you a meal and hot toddy. The girl's with Trillen and will live with us. She will go to school with Sara."

Ann came running in and grinned, "Trudy, would you like something to eat? Trillen and you are free, you can come to the kitchen any time and eat with the family."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:46 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen blushed at Anne's comment. The fact that he could get food at nearly any time he wanted was something he still wasn't used too. Both he and Trudy often had to deal with the leftovers. Her more than him as she hadn't let matured into usefulness as Draco would say. And now that she was here, he would never see her get to be useful in Draco's eyes. That was a huge relief to him. "Thank you Ann. Come on Trudy! I can show you some of the things I got today. I even got candy and I am sure I could split a few pieces with you." He cast a look at Kate. "In honor of you being here and all."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:30 pm 

Lyons called to him before the left for upstairs, "School does not resume till Spring. Trudy may share with Sara or have her own room. Tonight, she may sleep in your room. I am glad your reunited. Tomorrow you may go into town and take her shopping."

Kate was happy to Trillen and Trudy. "It will be fun to buy her pretty dresses and toys."

Lyons chortled, "Easy on the candy Laddy."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:14 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen blushed a deep crimson at the warning from Lyons. Though it wasn't really a warning. Least not the type he was used too. It was more of a piece of friendly advice. Not that Trillen would know the difference right away. Taking Trudy's hand, he nodded. "Of course. I would not want to spoil her dinner. Anne is an amazing cook!" Though the prospect of another shopping trip so soon almost made him groan out loud. If it wasn't for the fact it was for Trudy, he might have done so. For Trudy he would do just about anything. For Kate too come to think of it. He just had to get lots of sleep tonight. That was all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:03 am 

Kate hugged her father, "That is one happy family. Having a little girl in the house will be fun, Sara will enjoy having her too. I like seeing Trillen happy. He did well for his first time shopping. Tomorrow will get the nursery set up for her. Thank you!"

Kate rushed up to find Trillen and Trudy were finding places to set the plants.

"Trudy, I am Katie, would you come with me? I have a bed full of pillows that look like animals. Would you like to see them? Your not in trouble here. This house has friendly people like Trillen. You can see him anytime you want."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:58 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trudy looked up at Katie and blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "You are a pretty lady!" That was the first thing that left her mouth. The second was a squeal of excitement. "Really! Yes, yes yes! Please? I would love to see the bed!" It was hard to tell as she bounced around what she heard exactly, but that could be worried about later. For right now, Trudy was too excited about seeing the animal pillows. She bounded over to Trillen. "Can I go with Kate, Trillen? Please?"

Trillen laughed and ruffled her hair just a little. "Sure thing Trudy. Just be good okay." He looked over and gave Kate a wide grin. "Careful. She can be quite a handful."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:46 am 

Kate was glad the little girl was happy to go with her. She opened her door. It was all frilly in Kate's room. A canapy bed with a white covering ans pink lace. The bed had a velvet and satin, crazy quilt. The top of the bed has a dog, cat, dinosaur, stuffed animals and a doll with blond curls, a Victorian dress and holding a stuffed tiny bear. "Do you like them?"

PostThis post was deleted by LadyKate43 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:55 pm.
Reason: duplicate
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:46 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen watched the two females leave the room. A ghost of a smile could be seen on his lips as he stood there for a few moments, holding one of the plants in his arms. They looked so sweet together and he hoped that Trudy got to spend a lot of time with Kate. He realized that Kate and her family was becoming very important to him in the short time he had been with them. He wondered if that was a good thing or a bad thing and decided to file that away for later thinking. For now, he had to get all the plants settled so he could actually get something to eat and then maybe head off to bed.

Trudy skipped happily along Kate's side. When they arrived to the room, she paused in the doorway and stared at it in awe. "All this is yours? You do not have to share with anyone?" She looked up at Kate, wonder and amazement in her eyes. If there was a room this size back at Lord Draco's place, it would be filled to the brim with slaves. No one but the family got a place of their own. Well, family and important guests. Otherwise everyone had to share.

Going back to gazing at the room, it didn't take her long to notice the stuffed animals. Squealing in delight, she raced towards them, stopping just short of the bed. Leaning as far as she good, she got as close as she could without touching either the bed or the toys. "They are amazing! You do not have to share those either, do you?" She looked back at Kate, wonder and disbelief in her eyes. The fact of even owning something as simple as a shirt all to yourself was a wonderful thing to Trudy and the fact that Kate had a room and toys to herself? That was nearly beyond belief.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:54 am 

"Yes. Trudy they were mine. I am no longer play with them. The sit on my bed. They are lonely though. Would you like to take of them for me? The little doll, I named a long time ago. Would you give her a name and be gentle with her. She has a delicate head and once cracked, she can't be fixed. Would you take of her for me?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:18 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Lonely? Trudy's eyes took on a wide eye look as she looked back at the toys. "You mean...You mean you will allow me to touch them? I will not get in trouble for it?" She would love to take care of the toys. While a hyperactive child, these would be hers and hers alone and she planned on taking good care of them. Well, as much care as she could give them since she was only about eight years old after all. But first she wanted to make sure she could actually touch them. That this wasn't some trick that someone was making Kate pull. In that child like assurance, she knew Kate was too nice to trick her herself, but if someone put Kate up too it? That was a whole different kettle of fish.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:25 pm 

"Come take the ones you like. You may hold them. I will help carry them."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next