All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:17 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate closed the book after Trillen made his selections. This was his first time and choosing more outfits would get easier. "Trillen, you have done well, it gets easier. The first time is hard to choose there are so many colors. Now to make you fit in, you need a hat and cloak. Would you like to visit the bakery or walk around. If you find a shop you would like to see, we'll go inside."

Mr. Snead jotted a few notes in a pad from his trouser pocket and looked up at Trillen, "You made some good choices. I will have these ready by next week. If you like, you may take a look around the shop. Just ask if need help."

Mr. Snead turned to Kate, "Will you pay by cash or you father's credit?"

Kate led Trillen out of the dressing room,"Please add this and anything Trillen wants on the house account. Have any new dresses arrived? I have been waiting to see the newest fashions for Spring."

Mrs. Snead walked up, "Katie they are due any day. Amanda has stopped in every day with her ladies."

Kate chuckled, "Amanda would she has to be queen of fashion. I just like looking, I am too active to worry about staying in style. Today is Trillian's holiday and I want him to see the town in style."

Mrs. Snead went to check on another customer and Mr. Snead left to find Trillen clothes already made. "I will be back, sir. Take your time. Would you like a glass of water or wine?"

Kate remained at Trillen's side, "Amanda is the King's daughter. You not missing a thing not knowing her. I am sure sometime you will meet her. The only reason I am nice to her was to help her pass with decent grades. She is better at looking pretty than studying. Come on lets try on hats and see what looks best on you. One thing about living here the weather changes with the wind. Even on the hottest day the wind can turn cold by night fall. You do not want to be in the cold uncovered."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:54 pm 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen nodded slowly as he listened to the exchanges. He had to wonder if Mr. Snead was just agreeing with Kate to keep her happy or if he really though the choices were good. In the end, he decided it didn't really matter. He liked what he picked out and that was the end of that. Like Kate, he didn't see much use in being in with the latest fashion. He was only really wearing the clothes anyway to make Kate feel better and the fact he couldn't deny the logic of it. If he was clothed as a free man, he would raise a lot less eyebrows. And blend in better to boot. Blending in was important to him. After all, a slave that stood out in the wrong ways, did not live very long. "Do I really have to wear a hat?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:40 pm 

Kate had fun placing different hats on Trillen's head. She picked up a black hat with a large plume. "
Now you have a hat like the kings guards. How they keep from poking each others eyes, I have no idea. If you want to keep the sun off you face, I suggest wearing one. You do not have to wear one if you don't want to. They are fun to try on."

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:58 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen shook his head and watched as the feather swung back and forth. Just like he had wanted it too. Grinning at the silly thing, he gave Kate a shrug. "Maybe they have practice sessions. You know. To make sure they don't poke out eyes during some kind of battle. Though I would think if a fight broke out, the hat would be the first thing to go." Lifting his eyes skywards, he shook his head. He wanted the sun on his face. He liked feeling the warmth it provided and at this point, he didn't have to worry about keeping that creamy white skin most of the courts seem to favor. Why anyone wanted to look pale was beyond him. Always had been and he suspected it always would be.

"True. They are very fun to try on. In the end though..." He paused and removed the hat to place it back on the shelf before letting his eyes wonder to find an even funnier ones to try on. "I don't think I would like to wear a hat. I like feeling the sun on my face. It is nice, especially when it is nippy outside."

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:18 am 

"Your no soldier or expected to fight. I want you to be able to protect yourself. Of course you will have training, fighting is not something I like ether. Shopping is mostly for you enjoyment. Trying on a hat is like making your persona. You are starting a new life and this make you the you. Trillan, you have spent your life pleasing others. Now it is time you gave yourself a bit of fun. Today is your time to put yourself first. Everything you puchse is yours to keep. I want you to have a few frivolous things."

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:13 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen made a slight face as Kate spoke. He understood what she was saying. He really and truly did. Now trying to live by what she said...That would be the hard part. He was used to pleasing others and ignoring his own wants. Sitting the hats back down, he let his eyes wonder around all the different shelves. "I do not think a hat is really me. I mean, I like feeling the sun on the top of my head." He shrugged slightly and gave her an apologetic smile. There would be no frivolous purchase of a hat here. Though as his eyes wondered over to the feathers to stick in the hats, he had to pause and think. There were some pretty ones in there and he could always stick it somewhere in his room. Brighten it up so to speak. "What about a feather?" He picked up and held a pretty red and gold one out to Kate, silently asking for her approval.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:01 pm 

Kate was happy to see Trillen was genuinely happy and was trying to take what she said to heart.

Kate put a straw hat on that had a blue scarf wrapped around the brim. She too like the sun and outdoors. The sun gave her fair skin freckles.

"I thank you have made a good choice. It is a pretty feather. I like this hat. Are you ready to go and see more shops?"

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:46 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen nodded rapidly at Kate's question. "Yes, I am. There are a lot of shops here. I don't think I ever really seen so many in one place. Usually Lord Draco just had all the stuff sent to his house. He claimed it was easier. My personal opinion is that he was just lazy." The former slave gave a half shrug. In the back of his mind he was wondering if he just took a step out of line. Well now would be a good time to find out. Or not. It could have ruined the trip, but he doubted it. Maybe put a damper on it at the worst. Putting the feather somewhere safe, he walked out of the store with Kate and looked along the line of shops. "So where too next?"

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:49 pm 

Kate arranged to have his clothes sent to the manor and on her father's credit. Mr. Snead gave the feather to Trillen for free. The man knew Trillen was not used to shopping for himself. It was fun for the proprietor and his wife to see Trillen at ease and with Kate. Kate had never come in with any male but her father and brother.

Kate smiled at Trillen, he was so excited to explore. "The town is full of shops. Would you like to buy a few things for your room?
There is a shop with all kinds of pretties. You should make you room your own. We will pass several shops on the way. You see on that catches your eyes, let me know."

Kate placed her hand in Trillen's and headed to the left for a novelty shop.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:12 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen looked down at Kate's hand in his. He noticed how much smaller her hand was. At least when compared to his hands. He knew it was just a thing, but it still took him mildly by surprise. Namely cause he rarely held hands with anyone. It was always wrists and being dragged everywhere. "I can decorate my room? Is there any limit on what I can do so to speak? Like if I want it bare, can I keep it that way or if I want flowers can I have them in the window?" He didn't know palace rule here. In Draco's house, it was only the most luxurious or even second best decorations that lined a room. Second best for those less out of favor than the best, but it was all in an effort to show off. Trillen didn't want to show off, but at the same time, he didn't want a bare room either. He wanted a balance and he didn't quite know if he could pull it off. "Can you help me if I do decide to decorate?" He didn't want to decorate unless Kate helped. He trusted her opinion and believed she would knock some sense if he started to lean too far off the non-gaudy path and towards the gaudy and outrageous.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:43 pm 

Kate squeezed his hand and lokked at his face. His eyes were bright and his hair blond and light brown highlights shimmered in the sun, he was handsome and his cheekbones were blushed from the son.

"You may decorate your however you wish. What would you like? New bedspread, curtains, furniture, a new rug, and paint the room. A few plants would be lovely. We will visit the nursery shop. The have all kinds of plants. You can have you own garden if you want. It will be lovely to walk out your room and see flowers, vegetables, and herbs we could cook with."

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:30 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen blinked at that and had to stifle a laughter. "I think most of the things in the room are just fine Miss Kate. But, yes, I would like to add in some plants." He hadn't been thinking of a remodeling, but the more she list off the things he could change, the more he realized he was just happy with what he had. Maybe the light blue bedspread wasn't quite suitable for him, but he knew it was comfy when he made a bed out of last night. Could be, as time wore on, he would find things more to his taste and slowly redesign the room. For right now though, he was just glad to have a room to himself. That was more than he could have ever asked for yet alone dream. "Are there plants that are both pretty and functional?" He wanted something nice and bright. Something like that bright yellow flower he saw a couple of years back or even those pretty, delicate looking pink ones. Then again, he also didn't want to waste space. Even though he had plenty of it, he still didn't want to waste it on something that might be consider frivolous.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:21 pm 

Kate saw happy he looked and seemed to be thinking more about his room.
"I will take you to the shop our gardener goes. I have never been in the greenhouse. It's a place where they grow plants all year around. Some of the plants they start from seeds and people have an indoor garden."
Kate led Trillen to the garden shop. There were Winterfest trees for sale in a large lot next to the shop. The salesman was making wreathes in a large table. He had greenery, red bows, and chicken wore made into circles. A pile of large nuts and pine cones were placed in a large box on the table.

"The man was dressed in a knitted red scarf, an elf hat, and wore a grey coat with large brass buttons. When he smiled he had a front tooth missing and wore a patch over his left eye. "Hiya folks would ya like a tree or wreath for your door."

Kate shook her head, were make our own. I am Kate and this is Trillen. We would like to see some house plants and make an indoor garden."

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:03 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen was wrapping his head around an indoor garden. He was trying to think about where the sunshine would come from. He knew about window boxes. The former slave wasn't that naive, but from what it sounded like, the indoor garden was a lot bigger than a window box. He wondered how people did it if they didn't have glass houses or large windows they could plant in front. He would have to watch carefully then so as to learn. Any questions he still had, he hoped he could ask without sounding too terribly dumb or fresh off the streets.

The scent of pine and soil reached his nose and almost made him sneeze. It was such a change over from the hat shop and even the area right before the greenery shop. "And...And...Um...Maybe something that doesn't die too terribly easily." His voice was soft, but at least it wasn't a whisper soft. He was just more unsure if he could voice the fact that he might accidentally kill the plants and wanted plants that were a bit harder to kill. To experiment a little with and to see where would be a good place for them. He figured he was gonna be doing this mostly on his own, but if he could work it out, he would pump Kate for advice whenever possible.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:53 pm 

Kate took in all the scents of greenery and saw so many trees and plants. "Smells like a forest in here. Do not worry Trillian we will get easy to grow plants that are hearty. This is new to me too. I have not grown ornamental plants before."

Kate looked around and read a few care instructions. The gardener has a whole shelf of easy to grow plants.

"Look, Trillian, the sign says easy to grow."

Most of he plants were from the cactus variety. "They must come from the out lands; where it is hot."

The shop keep look up, "May I help you?"

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:15 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen blinked a little in surprise at that piece of information. He hadn't expected him and Kate to be on the same page in terms of plant experience. Grinning to himself just a little bit, he looked over at the plants she was currently examining. His nose was getting used to the scents that mingled in the air. Which was a good thing as the last thing he needed was to go into a sneezing fit.

Tilting his head as he study the plants, he was surprise to recognize a few of them from his time in Draco's home. "They are from far lands, Miss Kate. Well, some of them anyway. I don't think they much care so long at they are in a warm, dry place."

When the shop keeper spoke up, he moved to stand behind Kate a little. A habit from his former life. Realizing what he was doing, he moved back to stand at her side. He didn't speak though as he wasn't quite sure what he wanted to ask for or even about.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:47 am 

Kate smiled at Trillen as he moved out from behind her. He was adjusting to his new station as citizen. Kate spole for them. "What are pretty plants that are nice for decorating a room and easy for a beginner gardeners."

The gardener motioned them to follow him. He led them to a large table with eight decorative solid glass containers filled with miniature plants of different kinds inside. There was beads of water on the glass.

The gardener held up a glass bowl with succulent plants. "This is a terrioum, a miniature green house. You never have to water the plants. Just set it in a sunny spot."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:35 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen blinked at the plants the gardener held up. Never have to water the plants? But surely they needed water every now and then? What happened when they got too big for the glass houses? Did they just move the plants to a bigger bowl? Just how bid did these things get? He scratched his head over it and decided it would be better to learn most of this from experience. Maybe he could figure it out on his own. It was worth a try that was for sure. Though there was one question he wanted answered now.

"What happens when they get too big for the container?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:16 am 

The man looked at Trillen with a smile, "They are very slow growing and they make their own water. Just by living. Just do not remove the lid. In 5five years years or so. Transplant them to a larger container. Would you like some flowering plant? Annuals live short lives and have to replaced. perennials live all the time and you have to water and keep then in sun or shade."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:00 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen thought it over for a minute. Five years was a long time. At least if you were a plant anyway. Nodding slowly, he turned to Kate. His head tilted slightly as he looked at her. "What do you think? I think a flowering one would be pretty." He also wanted to say he wanted the perennials, but decided that voicing that one opinion was enough for the moment. It wasn't like he couldn't come back here at some point and pick one out. He knew she wouldn't stop him and would probably actually encourage the trip since it would have gotten him out of the rooms. "Maybe something that is both flowering and you can use for the things you make?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next