All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:29 am 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Trudy couldn't make up her mind. Chewing on her bottom lip, she hesitated to ask a question. "Miss Kate...Would it be possible...I mean, could I have them all?" She looked up at Kate waiting to be told no. She really liked them all and couldn't make up her mind. Besides, she saw the little collection of toys as a family. The former child slave would hate to break up a family like that. She had seen it happen way more than she should have and she was only recently reunited with her own family so to speak. She had missed Trillen so much, she had risked a lot just to escape. She would hate to think the toys would have to face the same decisions she had too if she only took one or two. She didn't explain this to Kate though, used to keeping her mouth mostly shut around 'superiors' unless being spoken too or asked questions.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:38 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Kate keeled to her. "Yes. Trudy, you may have then all. That's a lot of animals. They need you to be their mommy. Mistresses and masters are no allowed to live anywhere in the Shire. Slaves are free here. Do you know what being free means?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:07 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

"It means that I can go to school. Right?" She looked into Kate's eyes, a smile on her face. "And it means I can have all these animals and take care of them. It means I can live with Trillen. Families are not separated on a whim. That is what it means." Trudy nodded solemnly as she reached out to pat the doll's head very gently. While she doubted Kate would hit her, she still wanted to test. To make one hundred and twenty percent sure this wasn't a trick. "Can I take them now or do I have to wait for my own room?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:43 pm 

Yes Trudy, you may attend school in the spring. You will have your own room. We will take them together, this is Trudy's room."

Kate bundled the animals in her arms. She opened the door to the room next to Trillen's and was across the hall from Sara. We can go into town and buy you furniture that is for you later. Tonight, where do you want to sleep? You may sleep with...What name would you like to give your doll?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:35 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trudy thought for a long second as she looked about the room that would be hers. So many things were going through her head. She got to start school in the spring. Her room was close to Trillen's. She was going to get new furniture and maybe other things. Not to mention where she was going to sleep. It all a lot to take in for a little girl. Finally coming up with a few answers, she turned a bright smile onto Kate. "May I please name my doll Day?" It was the start of a new day and a new life for her, but to the little girl, Day sounded like a better name than Life. "I can still sleep with Trillen right? I wanna sleep with my brother!" It was gonna be scary and she wanted something more familiar than a new doll to cling too just in case.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:30 pm 

Kate took her hand, "Day is a pretty name. You may sleep with Trillen for this your first night. Everything is new and scary. We are going into town tomorrow and you may choose furniture for your room. Tonight you sleep in Trillen's bed. You had a long journey. Trudy, tomorrow sleep as long as you want. You will nor have chores for a while."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:16 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trudy danced in excitement at Kate's praise. She had done the right thing! Even without actually worrying about doing the wrong thing. That was an amazing feeling. To know she could do right or wrong and she wouldn't be punished harshly for it. She imagine if the wrong thing was a bad thing, there would be a punishment, but it would cause the thing was bad. Not cause of a whim or anything like that. Her eyes widen once more as Kate she could sleep in as long as she wanted. "You really mean that Kate? That is the second best thing ever!" She bounced around in excitement, careful not to jostle the toys she was holding too much. "Can I go tell Trillen that?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:31 am 

Kate smiled and shared in Trudy's excitement. "Yes, it's true and you may see Trillen any time you like."

The mage stood up and let go of her small hand. It was nice to her doll in the arms of a child. *Trudy will be so much fun to buy for, play with, and she will bring life to the old manor. Life is magical through the eyes of a child*

She watch the child bound with excitement. A servant smiled at Kate. "Let her bounce an go where she wants. She more than earned her freedom."

The servant curtsied to Kate, "Yes, me-lady. The girl should be happy."

Kate smiled at the 15 year old former slave, she had brown hair and eyes, "Mina, there is no formality in the manor, please call me Kate. Relax, you need not be perfect. I am approachable. Your keeping thing beautiful. Ann, said your a pleasure to work with."

Kate watched Trudy as she had her arms filled with her doll and two animals, bound towards Trillan's room.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:15 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen wondered in soon after Trudy had bounced away. A confused expression was on his face as he moved towards Kate. "Did you give Trudy a toy? I have just seen her running down the hallway, carrying a doll so close I almost did not know what it was at first." Rubbing the back of his head, looked around the room. "Is this where Trudy will be staying?" He started to walk the room, comparing it to his own and even planning on where to move things. Mostly it was to keep Trudy from getting hurt when she got too hyper.

"I really appreciate you for giving Trudy a home here. She is going to be off the walls for the next few days, but really, she is the sweetest little girl I know." He gave Kate a smile, the confusion somewhat gone now. He was pretty sure that Kate had given Trudy the doll and that was fine by him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:37 am 

"She is looking for you. She wants to to sleep with you. I told her it was alright. The first week away from familiar surrounds is hard for a child. Yes this is her room. It need a bit of child size furniture. I don't want to overwhelm her with too much. There is a third floor nursery with more toys. Some of the toys she can have in her room. Every girl needs a dollhouse and carriage."

Kate layed the animals on the bed in a circle. "I used to pretend they were sharing stories."

She placed his had in hers and smiled at Trillen, "The doll was mine. Trudy named her Day. I thought it would comfort her and she wanted to keep the stuffed animals together. She may have them too. It's fun to see them played with again. Childhood is fleeting she has a few years left. She is a sweet little girl and this will become home for her. You feel responsible for her. Relax a child should be allowed to be a child. Winterfest is coming and its a magical time for children."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:54 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen looked at their hands, not being able to resist lightly giving hers a squeeze. "True. I am just glad that Lord Draco had not ruined it already." And he was really glad that he hadn't. That Trudy had gotten out in time. Before anything bad could happen to her and ruin that sweet out look on life forever. "So just when is Winterfest? Is it something that I need to help you set up for?" He had more questions, but felt those were the ones that needed to be answered first. He would have time for the others later. Besides, it would give him a topic they could talk about later if need be.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:41 pm 

"Winter Fest is in two weeks from today. It is celebrated all month long the whole town is decorated in greenery and red bows. We need to decorate the house, tree, buy presents for everyone, and on Festday we open presents and go into town for a big meal and fireworks. For children is a magical time Father Winter or Jack Frost comes into each house and leaves gifts by the tree and in stockings. It happens in celebration of the winter solstice. The shortest day of the year. Have you ever celebrated a holiday or your birthday?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:29 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen thought for a few seconds. The birthday question he could answer with ease. The only thing that ever happened on his birthday was an exam. To make sure he was still fit to work or if Draco should sell him while it was still good to sell. The holidays were a little tougher. The slaves had never really celebrated a holiday. They helped to decorate and such, but they were usually too tired to actually celebrate any of them. Sure, some tired to do so in small ways, but usually most of them just wanted sleep. "Not really Miss Kate. I never celebrated a birthday and holidays were too full of work to celebrate them properly." Suddenly an idea popped into his head and he tilted his head to look at her. "Would I need to help decorate and such?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:18 pm 

Kate nodded, "I would love to have you help. John and Papa get a tree every year from the forest. We doctorate and Ann bring us fudge, gingerbread cookies and hot cocoa with mint, chocolate lequire, and whipped cream with chocolate sprinkles. We have all the decorations in the attic. I'd like to start with your your room."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:49 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

"Why are we starting with my room? And what are we gonna do with my room?" He didn't quite have it how he wanted it anyway and now apparently they were going to change it. So many changes in so short a space of time. He was used to his room rarely changing and now it was changing almost every day it felt like. Not that he was going to complain too much in the end. It was his room and he could always change it back at some point. How hard could that be? He could do it! And even if he couldn't, he could always live with it. "How many decorations do you have?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:57 pm 

"A lot of boxes. You room needs a touch of greenery on the mantle and red and green candles. As we go through the decorations. Any you like, you may have. We have a whole village that goes in the front entrance. Would you like to put it together with me and Sara?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:52 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

"A whole village? Is that not hard to fit into a house?" He was imagining a more or less life size village. Even at half size, he thought it would still be pretty big. That is what Draco had at least. Enough to show off just how rich he really had been. For Kate's family, he would guess they had something so big to have people play around in it. Namely children like Kate had once been. It just seemed like the kind of thing that Lord Lyons would do for his children. Though he was glad that his room would only been getting a little decoration. At least that was the plan as he hadn't seen them yet and didn't know if he would add more than just those to his room.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:12 pm 

"The village is in miniature. There are skaters on a pond that is actually a large piece of glass the snow is cotton. Trudy will love this time of the year. Would you like to help me bring the boxes down? Trudy can help decorate too."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:15 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Oh, so the village was smaller than what he was picturing. It would have to be considering the snow was made out of cotton balls. Unless those balls were a lot bigger than he thought. "I can help with that. It would go by faster if I helped would it not?" He looked at Kate for confirmation. He would do anything to help her out. Especially if it would make Trudy's first winter fest here that much more special. "Should we not eat dinner first? It has been awhile since we last ate."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:33 pm 

At that moment Ann came into the parlor, "Dinner is ready. I have Trudy next to Trillen. Trudy told me some of her favorite foods. I did my best to fix what she likes."

Kate looked a bit concerned and looked at Trillen, "How well were the children treated?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next