All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:46 pm 

Medals: 3
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Trillen looked at Kate, a pained expression on his face. Shaking his head, he turned to look at Ann. A smile graced his lips as he bowed low to her. He didn't have too. He knew that, but he felt like it was needed. "Thank you Ann. I do not know if Trudy has said thank you yet, so I am thanking you for the both of us." He knew sometimes that foods varied from region to region. Just the fact that Ann tried so hard to fix something that very well may not be available in this region put her into his respects even more.

Gathering up his courage, he reached out and offered his hand to Lady Kate. "Would you do me the honor of accompanying me to dinner? I believe that is how I should ask in a polite setting?" Practice where he could. Practice makes perfect or at the very least, it would allow him to do actions without causing embarrassment to her.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:55 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Kate clasped Trillen's hand, "I would be honored. Thank you. Now you are feeling better. Tomorrow would you help Ann, Sara and I decorate the house. Papa and Jonathan will be getting the tree."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:22 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen grinned, happy to have done something correct. Nodding in affirmation of her comment about helping decorate, he followed Ann down the hall. They were heading towards the dining room. He wondered if they were heading for the kitchen or the actual table. He wasn't too sure to be entirely honest. From all that he had saw over the past few days, this was not a traditional household. At least when it came to how they treated servants and slaves. Now he was really glad that Draco had picked him as the 'gift.' Otherwise he probably would have never been free.

"Do not forget that we need to find things for Trudy too tomorrow. Or the day after tomorrow."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:46 pm 

Kate held his hand as they headed for the main dining room. "I think we can plan to shop day after tomorrow. Ann will take Trudy so we can shop."

Trudy ran up to Trillan, "Miss Ann says we are decorating tomorrow and I can help!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:06 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trillen smiled down at Trudy. Using his free hand, he gently tapped her nose. "That we are! Is that not wonderful Trudy?" He couldn't help but be happy that Trudy was happy. It had been awhile since he had seen that much glee on her face. A very long while.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:03 am 

Kate loved seeing the little girl's face light up and Trillen was happy too. The two of them needed to be themselves. Trillen was adjusting to life in the Lyon's household very well. Funny that the weeks he had been convalescing; Kate thought he was a traitor and not a slave.

This was a time of merriment and celebration that lasted all month long and it would began tomorrow for the manor's residences.

Kate leaned down to Trudy, "Would you like to decorate you room for Winter Fest tomorrow? Trillen and I will help. You can tell us where to place the decorations. You may have your own Trudy size tree to decorate. I will show you pictures and we can copy them."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:57 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trudy's eyes widen as did Trillen's. Though Trillen's also held a bit of fear. Not the life threatening kind. More like the kind of fear that one has after being subjected to a young child's creativity before. A very wild and imaginative creativity he might add.

Trudy bounced up and down, careful not to accidentally head butt Kate. "Oh! That would be just wonderful miss Kate! It would be so pretty and sparkling and and..." She kept babbling on, but her words became undistinguished as thoughts and ideas kept colliding together and her speaking just kept getting faster and faster. Pretty soon, Trillen had to pick her up and sling her over his shoulder, much to her delight, to get her to stop.

"Come on Trudy. Dinner time!" He couldn't help but chuckle at the squeal of delight from her as he continued to walk towards the dining room.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:10 pm 

Kate held Trudy's hand as she walked beside Trillen, "The tree will have all the decorations and you can place the snowflake on top. This is a wonderful time for children. Trudy, you can be happy and enjoy being a child."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:17 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

Trudy just looked at Kate with a bit of confusion. She thought she was already doing that? Wasn't she? Shrugging it off, she happily skipped alongside Kate. Trillen understood though and shot Kate a grateful smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:32 pm 

Kate smiled at Trillen as she entered the dining room. She proceeded to assist Trudy with Ann creating a stack of books that totaled eight inches. Seated were Lord Lyons, Jonathan, officers, and retainers. Kate sat her father's left; followed by Trillen and Sara sat next to Jonathan.
Lyons greeted everyone with a warm welcome, "Good morning. I hope all slept well. Today we are all decorating the house, trimming the tree, and after dinner will have music and grog and warm apple cider.
Trillen and Trudy meet my elite officers Captain Artimus, Lt. Sagefield, Sargent. of Arms Gray, and Across from Capt. Artimus is Quarter Master Haley and his son 2Lt. Adam Haley.
Seated at the end of the table are my retainers Ned Appleton, Reggie Hatfield, his brother Sam, and cider master Dwight Hastings and Brand Master Mr. Fontain. The Master Gardener is Alex Holt and his assistants Robert Morris and young Emmet Matthews.
You do not bow to them but if any officer gives an order, you are to fallow it. They do not guard you. They are here to protect the manor and grounds from any intruders.
Should you wish to help my retainers you ask me first and Trillen, you may train with the soldiers to keep you skills sharp. I am sure my men will not mind your accompanying them. You will be expected to fight only if the family is in immediate danger.
Gentlemen you may not provoke Trillen as he is a member of this household. Sara, you will treat Trudy as you little sister. She is the legal ward of mine; that is on paper Trillen. When you are able to provide for the child Trillen, you may accept guardianship. I would prefer to see you properly educated first Trillen. Do you disagree?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:13 am 

Most Helpful Member (1)

There were so many people at the table. Trillen spent most of the time staring at his plate, only really looking up as Kate's father introduced each one and then quickly back down again. Trudy gave each one a grin as she bounced a little on her tower of books. Looking up at Lyons, Trillen nodded. "Yes sir. I understand and do not disagree." It sounded good to him. Lyons would be able to provide for Trudy a lot better than he would be able too. Not to mention, he knew he wasn't ready for that responsibility just yet. He had no job. No education to speak of. All he had was his fighting skills and he knew that wouldn't get him any reliable work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:33 am 

Lyons saw that Trillen was looking down at his plate. The young man had to unlearn habits that were beaten into him. Lyons knew this all to well as he spoke, "Trillen, Trudy, this is your first Winterfest in your new home and if there is anything you want to do; just ask. Tomorrow we will go shopping and today we decorate. Trillen, have you been outside since you arrived?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:26 pm 

Most Helpful Member (1)

"Does shopping with Miss Kate count?" He moved his head to look at Lyons for a few seconds as he spoke before burying it right back into the plate again. He would learn, but as they say, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11