All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The knight's Favor
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:05 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate was overjoyed to see them united. "I can arrange for you both to return to the farm anytime."

The woman was hesitant. "Will, your father think I'm ugly and clumsy. He doted my having a nice figure and pretty face. I can't face him."

Kate ran out of her tent to her father's driver that was feeding the horses. Breathless she spoke, "Peel drive me and my friends to their farm in back of the pasture and forest behind the 500 acre lake. We will be ready in 15 minutes."

Kate was happy to see mother and son reunited.

"Will, the carriage will be hitched and ready to go in 15 minutes. Do you need help packing? I will send for your mother's things in the morning."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:35 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Will hugged his mother and spoke softly.

"Mother, I don't think Father will hate you. All this time he thought you were dead, and not a day passed where he missed you," he said. Tears formed in his eyes, as he was overjoyed at seeing his mother once more. He turned to Kate.

"Thank you, Kate. Help would be great, but don't worry about it if it's any trouble to you."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:52 am 

(thought my post took)

Adriana embraced her son as her whole body shook as emotions grated her whole being. She held his face and looked into Will's eyes. He was no longer a child. He was a strong and capable young man. "Will, I am so proud of you. You have proven yourself worthy of being a knight. Your father does he know you are here?"

Kate flashed a toothy grin, "The carriage is no problem. I will be outside." She abruptly left the tent and sauntered to the center of camp.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:23 pm 

"Father knows that I am here, but originally he didn't want me to come. He said it would be too dangerous," Will responded and gathered his things. Gesturing for his mom to follow, he exited the tent and walked over to Kate.

"Alright, I'm ready to leave."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:22 pm 

Adriana wrapped her right arm around her son's waist and followed Kate. Kate led them to her father's carriage. "If you need anything let me know. It's been so good to meet you. Please take care you are welcome to the manor anytime. Will, I am here for you. Keep my favor, I hope to see you soon."

Kate hugged them both and stepped back from the carriage. Marie ran towards then carrying a large basket. "Take this for your ride home. There are lots of goodies to eat and cider. All of will miss you milady. Please visit us and share you recipes. They are all tasty. Sir, Congratulations his lordship asked me to tell you please see him anytime and he is happy you found your mother."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:58 pm 

Will nodded his thanks and took the basket. Right now, his life couldn't be any better: he had found his mother, found a girl he liked, and made himself a name within the kingdom. The carriage began to take them back to Will's farm, and Will leaned out the window and waved to Kate. Will felt a strange sensation, as if he wouldn't see Kate again. He shook the feeling off and continued to wave.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:09 pm 

Kate was happy she had a new friend that bested her brother. She would no longer hear him brag at breakfast. *Yippie. Johh going to be mopey a few days. Will deserved happiness that he won and I helped reunite a family.* Kate hopped she would Will again.

She waved back to Will. "I will see you soon. Take care!"

After the carriage was out of sight, Kate returned to her camp and met up with a few of her friends. They walked around the vendors and Kate hoped Will would return for fireworks put on by the mages. The mages gave wonderful firework displays and Kate did not want will to miss it. She sent a curier to Will's house with a letter asking him to meet her at the town fountain at 5:00.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:54 pm 

Will sat back and enjoyed the ride with his mother. Soon, they would be back at their farm, and then they could truly be reunited. There was a sudden lurch that threw Will forward as the carriage came to a sudden halt.

"Hey, what's with the holdup-" he began to say but got interrupted as he assessed the situation. The horses pulling the carts had arrows sticking out of their sides, and so did the driver. Will quickly looked around and jumped back as an arrow whizzed past his ear. What he saw before retreating into cover were bandits. Their carriage was isolated from any large settlements, and no one was around to see. Meanwhile, his mother held her hand over her mouth and let out stifled screams. Will calmed her down and grabbed his sword beneath the seat. The sound of footsteps approached and he took the opportunity. Feet first, he jumped out of the carriage and knocked the first bandit down. Another one, there were three of them, swung a mace at Will's head. He ducked below it and kicked the bandit's feet out from under him. The third bandit, which Will did not notice, bashed him in the head with the hilt of an axe. Will fell to his knees and his vision slowly faded to blackness.

Some time later, he guessed it was after 5:00, Will found himself hanging upside down from a tree branch. He was in a forest and found that his limbs were tied, and his mouth was gagged. Next to him was his mother, also bound. Blood was dripping down from a wound on her face. It seemed as if she attempted to resist the bandits back at the carriage. Will didn't know where he was or how he was going to get out. His only hope was if an escape situation presented itself. Saving his strength for later, Will closed his eyes.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:53 am 

Kate noticed the driver had not returned it was mid afternoon. She told several of the knights that guarded her father's estate. A posse was formed and the men came upon the arrow covered carriage and dead horses. The were able to fallow the bandits tracks to a hideout in the forest. The saw a youg man and a woman tide two trees. The knight made their plan and fanned out. One created a diversion by letting loose the corraled horses. Another pretended to be lost. A third attacked and all began fighting. As the fight broke out, Kate morphed out of her vixen form and used her magic to break free Will and Adrianne.
"Will here is your sword." Kate tossed the sword to him with a bit of strain. And she led Adrianne to her horse. "Get on. We'll ride when the knights have subdued the camp."

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:42 pm 

"Thank you, Kate," Will said and steadied himself. The blood had rushed to his head, and he felt a bit dizzy. A moment of rest was all he needed then he began to help the other knights with the bandits. Apparently, there were more bandits other than the three from before. At least 20 of them occupied the camp, and all of them were battle ready. Weapons such as maces, broadswords, bows and arrows, and spears were being used. Will rushed at a bandit using a sword and parried the first attack. He went to thrust at the man's torso, but the blow was deflected. A slash came for Will's head. Quickly, he ducked and use the hilt of his sword to knock the bandit out. Even though the bandits were bad men, Will did not wish to spill blood unnecessarily.

Within the span of just a few minutes, all the bandits were either dead or injured. Or so Will thought. His opinion of the matter changed as an arrow lodged itself in his side. Will gasped and instinctively dropped his sword then reached for where the arrow hit. Blood was seeping out of the wound and he was slowly growing unconscious. The attacker was immediately taken care of, however, as a nearby knight cut him down. Everything was muffled and blurry as Will collapsed to the ground. Hypothetically, Will could probably handle a few more wounds. Being low on stamina from the fight and suffering from a blow to the head earlier caused him that state just after only one arrow.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:56 am 

Kate rode up on the badit camp on her mare. Her satchel was strapped over her right side, she ran to Will and knelt beside him. She looked up at the knight around her.

"Hold Will down."

Three knights held him while Kate applied pressure to his wound and another knight guided the arrow through his flesh. Kate then heated the wound with her mana. The area started to close and the blood flowed to a trickle. The mage gave will a red potion.
"Drink all of this. I had a feeling something was wrong. There is a cabin that Papa uses for hunting nearby. You, your mom, and the knights can rest. The farm is too far for you to travel. Will, you lost a lot of blood."

Kate mounted her mare and two knights placed will infront of her. "Hang onto my horses mane and slump over if you have to. I know you feel very weak."

Kate rubbed his back as hiss mother held his face. "We can see you father later. You and these men need rest."

Adrianne mounted behind a knight dressed in full armor covered in Lyons tabbard. "Burn the place. Ma'am were you harnessed?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:56 pm 

Will shouted out in pain and fought back against the knights holding him down. He was thankful when the wound was healed, but he still felt weak. His skin was pale from the loss of blood, so he took the potion and drank it. Nothing happened, but he expected it to work over time. Once Will was on the horse, he leaned forward and closed his eyes. There was no way he would be able to talk at the moment; he couldn't even think straight.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:25 pm 

Kate rubbed Will's back a she followed the knights to her fathers hunting cabin. Once the group arrived at the cabin, Jonathan carried Will to an upstairs room. The other knights would not allow Kate to see Will until he was striped down to his tunic and covered. The knights set up a room for Adrianna. Kate stayed with Will through the night. The knights and Jonathan maintained watch. They were not about to take any chances for an retaliation from the bandits.