All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:38 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Scott opened the door to the pet store, his 8 foot 9 inch frame not even touching the high and wide door frame, a smile on his muzzle. His canine smile was an exhibition to his all out joy. He had finally saved up enough extra money from work to buy a pet. He walked around, seeing several normal options like gerbils and hamsters, not really interested in them. His pet had to be special. something worth the extra hours he put into his job, not some stupid fuzzball. He was an American Eskimo Dog, and a hard working one at that. those dumb animals would just make him feel like he was buying another mouth to feed. He went over to the pet store owner behind the counter and took a deep breath.

~Calm. Collected. Mature. Don't act like a puppy in a chew toy store~, he thought to himself.

"Can I help you sir?" A Shetland Sheepdog Woman with a nametag that read " Hi, My Name Is Trixie" asked him as he stood there. He looked at all the pets once more and asked what was on his mind. "I'm looking for a pet that isn't ordinary. something that would make me feel like I wasn't alone at home, while also not just being another mouth to feed."

Trixie seemed to perk up at this information. "Follow me sir. I think I have just what you're looking for."

She took a key and opened a door in the back, allowing the curious and excited Scott to follow her into a room with a cage that housed a rather large animal in his opinion. "What is that?" he asked. Trixie smiled. "We call her species 'humans'. This one is the only one we have in stock right now. She seems confused, but they usually get used to you after a few weeks."

Scott approached the cage carefully and squatted down to reach the girls height. speaking in a low calming voice he said, "Hey! don't be shy! I think I'll call you... Rachel. How much for her?" He asked as he stood up. Trixie smiled and laughed goodheartedly. "Already that attached to her huh? $1500. That comes with a book on what she eats and how to prepare it as well as instructions on health care, grooming, and diseases she could get."

Scott handed the woman the money and opened the cage. When she didn't come out right away, he tried coaxing her out. "C'mon, don't be afraid Rachel. I won't hurt you. I just want to take you home, where you can have a nice bath and a place to sleep. It's alright." He reached his hand into the cage and petted her on the head, hoping it would calm her down.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:16 pm 

Medals: 3
Completed RP (2) 1st Year (1)

Inside the cage in the back of the store lay a young woman. 15 in fact. She blinked, opening her bright green eyes at the sound of barking and woofing coming from the other room. She sat up, trying to look around, but it was pitch black in the room, and all she could see was the slight sliver of light underneath a doorway. She scratched her head, trying to remember what she was last doing, when she noticed something blocking the light on the other side of the door. The barking was louder now, and all Dawn could do was squint, calling out "Hello?"

The door opened, and a flood of light blinded the girl. She put an arm up to her face, shielding her eyes, trying to figure out who or what the two hulking figures in front of her were.

Oh, right.... THOSE things.

She rubbed her face with her hand, groaning softly. She'd woken up a few times, and the only other beings that she had seen were massive dog-like creatures, but they stood on two legs and had clothes on, like people. She couldn't understand a word they said, seeing as they talked a different language or something. The fact that she was in a cage was disconcerting, but that was overshadowed by the beings before her, who kept talking.

The Husky squatted down, which made Dawn recoil slightly. She kept forgetting how huge these things were, as they almost never got very close to her while she was conscious. The two dogs kept barking at each other, and the Husky now had the cage open. Dawn scooted back, "Hey, back off. Don't-" Before she could continue, he was patting her head as if she was the pet, and talking to her softly in that odd language. She gave it an annoyed, narrow eyed look. "Pet me again, and I will bite you." She snapped her teeth as an example, though she didn't bite yet.

3DS Friend Code: 1006-0072-9888

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:47 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott's eyes widened at the female human when she spoke. He couldn't understand what she said, but it was clear that she was not happy with being treated that way since she snapped her teeth at him. He drew his hand back and stood up. "I suppose I will need to take her home in a cage then?" He asked Trixie. She nodded. "Don't worry, she'll warm up to you. These things just take a little time." she assured him. Ever the businesswoman, she followed up with, "Her cage for transportation is 50 dollars." Scott sighed and handed the Sheepdog Store owner the extra money.

~OUTSIDE~

"Come on Rachel. you'll like your new home, I promise!" he said smiling as he put her cage into the back seat of his car. He didn't want to put her in the trunk. He reasoned it would have probably seemed like a kidnapping to her. Apparently she could talk, even if it was a language he couldn't understand. Her expression made him think she'd never seen a car before. After he made sure the cage wouldn't go anywhere, he got in the front seat and buckled up, and made the drive home. Midway home he turned on the radio, and a band he enjoyed enough to sing along came on. when they stopped he turned of the radio and realized Rachel had been giving him a look he couldn't identify. "No one said this would be easy." he mumbled, getting out of the car. Taking her into the house he opened her cage and went over to his phone, calling his best friend.

"Hey Mark! I finally did it!" he said joyfully.

"Did what?" was the answer he got.

"Bought a pet, silly! when can you come see her?" he said, Mark's mood not dampening his spirits at all.

"What kind of pet?" Mark asked him, still a bit disinterested.

"A human female, and she's just sooooooooo adorable!" Scott said.

There was the sound of choking on the other end of the line, like Mark had been eating something. "I'll be right over. Do NOT scare her. the last thing we want is a dead pet on our hands because you decided to hug her or something." Mark said.

"I wonder why he was so surprised..." Scott thought as he hung up the phone. he went over to the TV (twice the size of a large flat screen from earth) and turned it on. It was on an educational channel, but since Rachel was there he didn't mind leaving it on such a puppy related program. "What's with that weird language Rachel's using?" he said as he noticed she was staring at the TV with eyes as big as saucers. "I should probably make dinner for us both now that I think about it." Scott decided. Getting up, he went over to the fridge and opened the book on her eating habits and found a recipe for chicken cordon bleu. deciding it would be best if he made something special since it was her first meal at her new home, he got all the ingredients out and started cooking. Ironically, he noticed that he liked how it smelled and decided to try a bit. as he did so, something told him he wouldn't mind eating it either, so he began to prepare another portion for himself and Mark if his friend wanted to try it.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:04 pm 

Dawn sensed that the dog man was a bit perturbed by the fact that she had snapped at him, but she didn't care. All she wanted to do was get back home. Suddenly the cage was lifted up and she yelped as she slid into the bars when it tilted to the side.

Her jaw dropped as soon as the door outside opened. She was in a city. A legit city. Filled with walking talking animals with clothes on. They were EVERYWHERE. The buildings were huge, the trucks and cars were huge, everything felt very trippy. Dawn rubbed her eyes, wondering if she was having a lucid dream after eating some bad meat.

Soon, she found herself in the back of an oversized car, still in the cage, and now the dog creature was.... singing?? These things could SING?? Well, in all realism, to her it just sounded like howling. She arched a brow at him, but he seemed to notice it and shut up.

Finally, as soon as they got into the dog man's home, he opened the cage door. She let out a groan as she stretched like a cat, finally able to move freely instead of sitting hunched up in that cramped cage. Dawn laid chest down on the carpet, but had to swat at the dog hairs that caught onto her nose. "Ugh... this is why my mom never wanted a pet...." she muttered, looking around at all the stuff this dog guy had. At the mention of her mom, she sighed, resting her chin on her arms sadly. Why couldn't she be home right now?

To distract herself, her gaze turned to the TV- wait, they have TVs here?? She stared at it in confusion, seeing a bunch of cat and dog people -more like children, really- talk in their unusual language and run around in a colorful environment. From the look of it, the show that was on must have been for young kids, or pups, or whatever they called the younger versions of these creatures.

At the sound of something searing, she turned her head over to the dog thing that had bought her. From the sound and smell of it, he must be cooking something. Her stomach grumbled loudly, and she put a hand to it quickly. She got to her feet, and slowly paced over to him, quickly realizing her 5 foot 3 inch frame was tiny in comparison to his. "Whatcha making?" she asked softly, lifting her head to look at the food cook.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:39 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

As Scott cooked, he became aware that Rachel had approached him and was talking to him. Of course he couldn't understand her, but he could hazard a guess. Trying not to make it obvious that he was using his nose to gauge how she was feeling to better grasp the situation, he sniffed the air.

~Well she's not afraid right now... more like curiosity. and judging that look at the food she is wanting to know what I'm cooking for her~

Scott picked up the cookbook and showed her the picture of the chicken in all it's Cordon Bleu-y deliciousness, then he put it back on the stove and resumed cooking the entree. He smiled at the eagerness she seemed to show from that simple action. Ten minutes later, he heard a knock on the door.

"It's unlocked!" he shouted to the door as Mark walked in. As it turned out, Mark was a Doberman Pinscher and was half a head shorter than Scott, which was half a foot by human standards. "So where is the little lady?" he asked as Scott kept cooking. Mark walked over to the girl and was about to pet her when Scott noticed and said, "She doesn't like anyone doing that. She sort of tried to bite me when I did that to her."

Mark's brow furrowed. after a few moments, an idea formed and he asked, "Have you tried shaking her hands?"

Scott paused. "What?"

Mark smiled and offered his hand to the girl. "She does have opposable thumbs. Trust me. When I was a pup my parents bought me a small human boy. He was scared too until we treated him like he wasn't just an animal. wherever these 'humans' come from, they don't think of themselves as inferior." Mark smiled as he awaited the girl's reaction.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:52 pm 

The dog man seemed to notice her curiosity pretty quickly, and somehow he understood what she had asked, as she was shown the cookbook. "Huh... Not sure if I've had that before..." she said quietly. After all, she had grown up in a fairly decent family, but they couldn't really afford something so crazy as chicken cordon bleu. She kept watching him, a bit amazed at how good of a cook he seemed to be.

Minutes later, she heard the knock at the door, and her head swiveled towards the noise. She heard her 'owner' bark at whoever it was, and a dark colored dog came in. A Doberman, she assumed from the coloration. The way he near instantly reached out to pet her made her curl back her teeth, like she might assume a dog would. Maybe, she thought, these dogs would know at least that kind of basic body language.

Thankfully, from the sound of the two talking, it seemed like they understood her dislike in petting. She let out a smirk, glad they understood, and started to move out of the way so the two could chat, like she had expected. But the Doberman held out his hand. She stared at it, then up at him questioningly. Was he trying to do a 'Shake' trick? Or was he actually wanting to shake hands? Every so slowly, she reached her own hand out and shook his. It was furry, but it had paw pads on it, like a normal dog. After giving it a decent shake, she arched a brow at him, "Can I go now?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:18 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Mark nodded to Rachel's question and got up to see what was cooking. Scott looked at him "You understood her?" he asked, impressed at his friend's apparent abilities. Mark chuckled. "No, not really, but it was evident she was wanting to leave by her body language."

Scott said nothing, but thought he would need to ask Mark some pet tips later. Setting the table, he walked over to Rachel to bring her to the table. Remembering at the last minute how she reacted to a simple pat on the head, he tapped her shoulder and pointed to the table to try and tell her dinner was ready. When they were all seated, Rachel in a sort of long legged chair reminiscent of a bar stool with a back on it, He asked Mark a question.

"What happened to the boy you owned?" he asked his friend as he ate. Mark stopped eating for a moment. "I... don't think you want to know..." he said, a dark expression covering his face. Scott knew not to press the matter further, and instead looked to see if Rachel was enjoying her dinner. Then he voiced another concern. "She really needs a bath... and a change of clothes would be a good idea, but where am I going to find human sized clothes?"

He finished his meal and went into the bathroom. realizing he would drown her in a bath normally big enough for him, he opted to use the shower head to bathe her. Then he remembered the sentence his friend had said: "wherever these 'humans' come from, they don't think of themselves as inferior."

He stopped moving. She was definitely not going to be able to turn the dials in the shower, but she was a female and that meant she would NOT let him wash her. He started to sweat. He had fur, so his version of hot was definitely not the same as hers. He finally just brought her to the shower (despite her squirming and clawing at him) and pointed to the shower knobs, turning the hot on and off, then the same with the cold. following up with shrugging to convey he didn't know how she liked her showers and needed some way to do this without actually staying and embarrassing her while she showered.

"We have got to bridge this communication gap." he muttered as he waited for a response.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:16 pm 

Seeing the new dog guy nod to her question, she nodded in return and flopped on the couch, continuing to watch whatever child's program was on currently until the food was done. "Ugh... it's like laying on a fur rug.... but not a nice one..." she muttered, unable to get the smell of dog hair out of her senses. Not that she would be able to, anyways, since she was apparently stuck there.

Feeling a tap on her shoulder, she glanced up to see Scott. She nodded quickly and got up and headed over to the table. She wolfed down the food, surprised how well the dog man had cooked it and how flavorful it was. "Mmmm, so good..." she purred contentedly.

Suddenly, she felt herself being picked up. She yelped, grabbing onto the dog man's shirt in a panic. "What are you doing?! Hey! HEY!" She flailed in his arms with annoyance. Hadn't she made it perfectly clear that she didn't like being petted? He seemed a bit nervous, but she didn't understand why. Finally, she was just plopped down in a bathroom, though it was huge compared to the one she had at home. He started turning dials, turning the water on and off, appearing quite confused. She arched a brow at him, reaching up and trying to turn one of the dials. It was kinda heavy, but she managed and turned on the hot water for the shower. Turning on the cool water, she tested it with her hand, then turned either one of the knobs until it was just right.

She then turned to him, and made a 'shoo' motion, hoping he would get the picture and let her shower in peace.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:28 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott was surprised she was strong enough to turn his shower handles since they reached at least a foot and a half over her head. When she motioned for him to leave, he complied and went out to the kitchen to talk to Mark.

"She seems like a nice enough girl." Mark said, apparently thinking about something. Scott was a little concerned about the tone his Doberman friend had used.

"What do you mean by that? What she seems to do is be uncomfortable." Scott said, a small frown on his face.

"That's what I'm worried about. When was the last time something kept your interest when it seemed to be hard to manage?" Mark asked. He brought his paw up. "You haven't kept a job-excluding your most recent one at the office taking phone calls- for more than three months." he counted to two on his paw. "You have only beaten One video game in your entire life." he counted the next digit on his paw. "Not to mention all the hobbies you never-"

"Alright, Alright, I get it! This time is different though. She won't be ignored. to prove it, I'm going to vacuum the house before Rachel gets out of the shower." Scott said confidently. Mark raised an eyebrow. "And just what, exactly, does that prove about the ability to keep a pet?"

Scott laughed. "You didn't notice her reaction to dog hair all over the place? I mean, we don't mind it, but she has been wrinkling her nose ever since she got here!"

Mark's eyes widened, not out of not having realized this, but simply because Scott was going this much out of the way to make Rachel happy. "Well then... I guess I will see you at work tomorrow. Oh, and try not to yell the news at all your coworkers or shower them with photos of her, ok? We don't need you job searching again." And with that Mark left.

Scott began vacuuming as fast as he could manage while still getting everything off the floor and furniture. as he got the last of the shedding off the couch he heard the shower turn off. Not wanting to seem impatient or too eager to see Rachel again, he simply sat down on the couch and turned the TV channel to an action move, smiling to himself. When Rachel came out of the restroom, he motioned for her to sit next to him. He quickly realized something and went through the TV Guide. "Aha! there we go... maybe this will help a bit."

Subtitles were now appearing on the screen, and there were some humans in this movie that spoke that same strange language Rachel used. there were even subtitles for the humans too. That got Scott thinking. If the humans on TV had a way to be subbed... could he learn that language? and did the same apply to Rachel? He looked down at the girl next to him, wondering if she had the same train of thought.

~Wait... How big is a human's brain capacity?~ he thought turning his attention to the movie again. He decided he would do some research tomorrow right after work.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:24 pm 

Smiling softly as he left, she stripped off her clothes and got in. "Man.... it's like a pressure washer!" she winced, feeling the water spray on her back as she looked around for some kind of shampoo or soap. "Hm.... " she hummed softly, picking up a large bottle of what she could assume was dog shampoo. "It'd probably work...." she muttered to herself, pouring a bit into her hand and lathering it up before scrubbing her hair. It certainly didn't smell like flowers or anything, but it would work. After all, she had been in that cage in the back room for who knows how long.

Grabbing one of the huge towels, she dried herself off afterwards and put her clothes back on. Even though they were kinda dirty, there wasn't any other clothes in the house that would fit her, she assumed.

Once she walked back in, she looked down at her feet on the carpet. It wasn't as... furry as before. Her head lifted, and she arched a brow at Scott. However, she suddenly heard a familiar language, and her eyes widened instantly. She was on the couch in a matter of seconds and stared at the TV. "They have people on these shows too??" she asked incredulously. From the writing on the bottom of the screen, she assumed that they had subtitles for the non-human speakers. "Hm... if they just had subtitles for dog language to English..." she muttered, leaning back on the couch.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:29 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott smiled when she seemed eager to watch the movie, and allowed it to finish before turning the TV off. He stood and stretched out before making his way to the bedroom and motioning for Rachel to follow. When they entered the bedroom, he pointed to a small bed (well small to him anyway) that was situated in the corner of the room, then he changed into his pajamas without really caring that she could see him. Getting into his bed, he was fast asleep within seconds.

~T~I~M~E~~S~K~I~P~

The next morning, Scott woke up and noticed that Rachel was still asleep. "So cute!" he whispered as he got his regular clothes on. He ate his breakfast and prepared some porridge for Rachel to eat when she woke up. As he headed off to work, he kept wondering if Rachel would be alright on her own. all day, he kept thinking of situations she might get into that would end up making his boss, Mrs. Patricia, ask what was wrong. He always responded with, "It's nothing, really."

At the end of the day, Patricia came out of the office and gathered the workers together. "Have a great weekend everyone, and don't forget that Monday is bring your pet to work day."

Scott smiled at that. He almost couldn't wait for Monday now.

~T~I~M~E~~S~K~I~P~

"Rachel! I'm home!" Scott yelled as he entered the house. finding her fiddling with the TV remote, he laughed a bit. then he noticed some strange language had replaced the subtitles, and Rachel looked pretty happy with herself. "Huh? I didn't know that language was still programmable. It's a dead language... what was it called again?" he looked at the TV for a moment, then went over to the table and pulled out his laptop, looking up everything he could about humans. one word kept coming up repeatedly. English. He finally found that it was the language used by humans for the most part, and he typed in Doggle(animal Google): English letters and their Animal speak alternatives. He was up so late studying it he didn't see what time it was 'til 11:45. At that point, he had started trying to write the English alphabet, and he had collapsed from the stress and exhaustion that came with working and then studying another language for a collective 14 hours and 45 minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:02 am 

Dawn let out a yawn, covering her mouth with a hand once the movie was done. From how dark it was outside, it must have been pretty late. Drowsily, she followed him into the bedroom, and removed her dirty jeans before crawling into the smaller bed and covering up. "At least...*yawn*... my shirt is pretty long..." she hummed to herself, soon falling asleep.

--------------------------

By the time she woke up, it had been a few hours since Scott had gone to work. With a yawn and a stretch, she soon was up and fully clothed. Out of sheer boredom, she began to wander through the place. It was a fairly nice apartment; single bedroom, the kitchen connected to the living area, a fair sized bathroom, nothing too crazy. However, she soon noticed the porridge, which was now room temperature, but she ate it anyways. She WOULD have washed it, but seeing as she could hardly reach the sink, much less turn the sink handles, she had to just put the bowl and spoon on the counter.

With a soft sigh, she flopped onto the couch, pressing the red button on the remote. On came another movie, but unfortunately, there were no humans in it. "Hm.... I need to find a different channel..." she muttered, pressing another button. Suddenly, a menu screen of some sort popped up over the picture, making Dawn arch a brow. She stared down at the remote, wondering aloud which button she had pressed to make this pop up. She pressed another button, which only made the cursor move on the screen. She kept pressing buttons, hoping one of them would help.

Out of nowhere, the menu was gone, and on the bottom of the screen were English subtitles! Dawn stared blankly, the remote nearly slipping from her hands. "How.... on earth..." she muttered in astonishment. The door suddenly opened, and she turned to see Scott. With a little grin, she pointed to the TV screen and leaned back, smirking. At the very least she could PRETEND she knew what she was doing!

Scott seemed quite surprised, and he soon was on his laptop, searching something. Dawn just kept watching, trying to remember certain words that were repeated, and what they meant in English.

Soon, it was very late, and Dawn yawned, rubbing her eyes. She shut off the TV and glanced over at the dog man, who was still hard at work. "Good night" she yawned, giving him a small wave as she headed off to bed.

The next morning, Dawn rolled over in her bed, blinking tiredly. With a stretch and a yawn, she got up, and headed into the living room. Scott was still out like a light at his laptop, so she walked up to him and started to poke at his fuzzy ear. "Hey... wake up" she said softly. After a moment, she began to feel the ear with her fingers, surprised at how soft it felt.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:29 am 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott awoke slowly, his vision hazy and he didn't realize his tail was wagging until he felt a hand stroking his ear. "Huh? Wuzzat?" he said as he noticed Rachel next to him. it took him a bit to realize she knew exactly where to scratch a dog to make him feel good, and his eyes widened. looking over his research, he picked up a pen and slowly wrote out in English to the best of his ability. holding out the piece of paper, it read as follows:

Where did you learn that dogs like that? Do you need anything, because we are going shopping for some clothes for you after breakfast?

Although it took him a while to write this, he finally decided it was good enough. he handed her a small piece of paper and a crayon, since a pen would be too big for her to handle easily and awaited her response.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:20 pm 

Dawn yelped when he suddenly sat up, and she stopped scratching him. He looked quite startled. "Uhn...." she muttered, watching him scrawl something out on a piece of paper. It took a minute before she realized that she recognized the language. Her eyes widened "You.... can write English?" she muttered in shock. From the look of all the notes he took, at least, that's what she assumed they were, he must have been studying late into the night.

When handed the crayon and paper, she took it and wrote out. "We have dogs where I come from, though they are not like you. They stand on four legs and do not wear clothes." She put the crayon to her lips, thinking, before she tasted it accidentally and shuddered. She kept writing "All I need are clothes. Thanks" It was still very surprising that he had learned how to write English so fast and so soon. After all, many non-English speakers took some time to learn the language.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:12 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott took a while to read the message she wrote, having to constantly go back to his notes for letter references. "So humans are apparently really intelligent! Well this will be interesting." He said more to himself than to Rachel. He began to write again as he thought of something that might embarrass Rachel, once again having to look up at his notes every few letters:

I get the feeling you won't like this, but there are leash laws. The alternative is for me to carry you around in that cage. I really am sorry about that, but I doubt you want to be put down because we didn't obey the law.

He sighed as he awaited her decision. After all, wherever she came from, animals didn't seem to be the dominant specie. That meant that Mark was right about him needing to treat her like she wasn't just a pet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:02 pm 

As soon as he was finished writing, she picked up the piece of paper and read it. Instantly she let out a groan, rubbing her face. Of all the embarrassing things to have to happen to her, being on a leash was one of the worst. Her lips tightened, and she picked up the crayon again, writing "I can wear the collar and leash. Even if I won't like it."

With a small huff, she sat down on the couch, her arms folded in front of her. Why were humans treated like this? Was this really how a pet felt like?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:57 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott nodded and went to get the leash. he came back and gently put it on her. He made sure to leave it loose so she didn't feel too uncomfortable, and they headed out to the mall. Before leaving however, Scott grabbed some paper and writing utensils and stuffed them in a backpack.

When they got to the mall, he wrote on the paper that he would let her pick her own clothes, because he didn't want her to be uncomfortable. He got quite a few stares as other animals noticed he wasn't writing in a language they knew. That didn't bother Scott, though. He was just happy to have someone to interact with other than-

"Scott-yyyyyyyyy! Scott, Is that you?" a Tabby feline yelled, waving at the two. "Oooooo! a human? I see you finally got a pet!" She said. Scott smiled. "Clara! nice to see you! Yeah, I did. Watch this!" He then wrote on the paper he had:

This is my girlfriend Clara. Do you mind if she joins us? I can't really say no to her if she asks.

"Did... did you just write in her native tongue?" Clara asked as he showed Rachel the paper. Scott smiled proudly. "I've been up all night studying English!"

Clara looked on to see what Rachel would do while simultaneously asking, "What's her name?"

Scott smiled. "Rachel."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:00 pm 

Feeling the collar around her throat was weird. She had never worn choker necklaces, so this was a very odd thing. Soon, they headed out, Dawn keeping her strides long to keep up with Scott all the while.

At the mall, Dawn just gaped at everything. She lived in a fair sized city, so just seeing a mall was an unusual occurrence. The sheer size of everything was another matter. She felt like a preschooler in a high school with how big everything was.

Suddenly, a high-pitched 'Mrrooooooow!' made her head swivel in surprise to see a humanoid cat approach them. Glancing over at the piece of paper she was handed, she let out a small sigh. If this gal was ANYTHING like some of the spazzy girlfriends she knew back home, this trip would likely turn annoying really fast. She glanced up at the cat girl, then shrugged, and wrote "That's fine. As long as she doesn't squish my cheeks or something like that"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:33 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott chuckled as he read what Rachel wrote. Clara raised an eyebrow. "What did she just write? Nothing mean about one of us or out of line I hope?"

That made Scott stop laughing. "Maybe if you knew a little more about humans, you'd know they are intelligent enough that she'd be offended if she knew what you just said." he said, writing on the paper that he would let Clara know that Rachel didn't like physical contact.

"What's wrong with what I said?" Clara asked with a very confused look. Scott frowned. "Well a lot actually. firstly, she isn't mean, just a bit scared of like... everything. Secondly, in her mind she isn't a pet, so treating her like one probably seems degrading. Thirdly, 'out of line' is relative because of the communication issues we as a species have with humans, and because of her intelligence."

Clara looked at him for a moment with a genuine look of concern. "You seem stressed. are you alright Scotty?" Scott grimaced. "That's what happens when you learn a new and supposedly dead language in one night." he grumbled. Clara looked between Rachel and Scott several times in shock. Scott noticed. "What is so shocking about that?" he asked her. Clara smiled and hugged him. "You've just never applied yourself like this before Scotty!" she said. "We should get some clothes for Rachel, but I want you to promise me something."

Scott smiled. "And what might that be?" he asked her, still in her embrace. Clara leaned in close to him and said "Teach me that writing so you don't have to play go between. Now then..." She let go of him and grabbed Rachel by the hand, dragging her into a clothing store. "We need to get you something to wear!"

Scott sighed and followed. "Women and clothes shopping!" he muttered.

In a few hours they had several outfits that Scott had personally asked Rachel if she was comfortable with, and Clara was riding home with them. She lived close to the mall, so she had walked there, but had said she wanted to spend time with Scott and Rachel. In the car on the way home, Clara kept looking back at Rachel in the back seat. "Is she really scared of us?" she asked Scott worriedly. Scott nodded and frowned as he remembered Rachel's reaction the first time he saw her. "Wherever she's from, apparently it's very different. She said they had dogs where she's from, but they were the pets! it's like she was abducted from her home... she seems in awe of everything too. Not like she's never seen it before though..." he sighed as they got home and the trio entered the house. "Here's my research. have at it."

He picked up a pen and wrote a message to Rachel. it read:

What would you like for lunch?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:57 pm 

From the way the two animal people talked, it seemed that the cat girl didn't understand something, and Scott was explaining it. Seeing what he wrote, she quickly nodded, understanding what he meant to say to his girlfriend. Soon enough, though, they hugged it out, and she felt a furry paw grab onto her arm and wisk her away to one of the stores. All the human could do was yelp, but quickly follow.

By the end of the trip, she had some pjs, a few pairs of decent clothes, and some everyday lounging clothes. She felt quite satisfied after that, looking at the new adorable T shirt she got. Seeing in her peripheral vision that the cat was watching her, she lifted her head to look her in the eye, a bit confused. Dawn HATED the language barrier! She just wanted to get to know the beings that she would likely be spending the rest of her life with, and being forced to write everything down all the time was irritating.

Once they got back, Dawn read the note. Picking up the Human Caretaking manual, she flipped through the pages, looking for something appetizing, since she couldn't think of anything that he might know about. She tapped her chin, thinking as she scanned the pictures. Suddenly she started pointing at a picture of some delicious spagetti and meatballs, looking like she might start drooling.