All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:36 am 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Scott nodded and went over to prepare the dish, once again filling the room with delicious smells. Clara looked up from her research and noticed he was once again preparing a massive amount of food. "She can't possibly eat all that can she?" Clara asked staring at the huge mountain of noodles and pot of sauce. Scott laughed and continued cooking, but answered in kind. "I want to try eating some of these recipes too, you know. Don't tell me you aren't the least bit curious about this stuff."

Clara shrugged, but went back to studying. "Scotty, how long did it take you to learn this stuff?" she asked, more than a bit curious about it. "Ummm... let's see... 8 hours straight, three mugs of coffee and four energy bars."

Clara was, in a word, speechless. she opted to study harder as Scott started to set the table, and when there was spaghetti at all three places, she sniffed it. "Are you sure we can eat this?" she asked, unsure of herself as she watched Rachel eat it fervently. Scott smiled at his girlfriend and slurped up a few noodles with the marinara sauce on them. "You have GOT to try this! It's like a million tiny rainbows exploding inside your mouth!" he said joyfully. Clara shrugged. "What's the worst that could happen?" she asked as she took a bite. her eyes got as big as saucers and she purred and started eating as fast as she could.

After lunch, Scott wrote on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope, then put it next to Rachel's bed. The front simply said: To Rachel. "She can open it whenever she's more comfortable with her situation." he said to himself. Clara eyed the letter curiously. "What are you up to Scotty?"

He smiled to himself. "Something big. something that will be amazing when she sees it."

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:20 am 

Medals: 3
Completed RP (2) 1st Year (1)

Dawn was relaxing on the couch, but the smells made her stomach grumble. She licked her lips, continuing to watch tv.

As soon as it was ready, she ate eagerly, slurping up the noodles. "So tasty..." she hummed, continuing to eat until she was fully satisfied. From the look of Scott's girlfriend, she must have never tasted anything like it. She smiled, taking a sip of her water.

Once she was done, she excused herself and went over to the bedroom to relax a bit, maybe nap. That's when she noticed the letter. She leaned over and picked it up. "Who is Rachel?" she asked aloud, arching a brow. It suddenly occurred to her that maybe Scott had given her a name, just like she would give a name to an animal. That just made her smile.

On the page, she read "Dear Rachel. I'm sure you would like to be able to understand me and other people here, I would like to be able to talk with you other than writing. Because I'm not sure how I could learn to speak English, I think it would be best if you learned my language. I could get you some books for pups, since they're very simple, and I could help you with speech and everything. Just tell me if you want to."

She smiled softly, folding up the letter and putting it back in its envelope. She then walked over to Scott and held out a piece of paper saying "I'd love to be able to learn your language"

3DS Friend Code: 1006-0072-9888

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:55 am 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott was sitting next to Clara helping her understand English writing better when he was approached by Rachel. Reading the paper she presented to him, he smiled and stooped to her level and did something he was pretty sure she might not be completely comfortable with.

He hugged her.

Clara smiled at him as he did this and read the paper Rachel had written on, albeit with some difficulty. She dropped it and gasped when she finally understood what was going on. "You are absolutely crazy, you know that? She can't understand anything we say! You can't seriously think she can just learn how to-"

"Clara!"

"Speak our language. And not to mention she probably can't even-"

"Clara!"

"Enunciate our sylables, and besides, she's a-"

"CLARA!"

Clara looked at Scott and calmed down somewhat. Scott stood up and sighed. "If she wants to learn to communicate, I won't stop her. In fact, I'll help her, so stop freaking out."

He turned to Rachel and made a "Wait right here" motion with his hands, then went to his closet and got down a software disc entitled "Ruffsetta Stone". walking back to the living room, he inserted the disc into the PC and picked up Rachel and set her in his lap as he knew she couldn't read the letters on the keyboard and would need help for the most part. The program booted up and he navigated to the first lesson, which was simple words like I, me, and a few simple everyday objects. he had to download the "Dead languages" file in order to show English for the program, but Rachel seemed to be too excited for him to care much about his internet bill.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:10 am 

It took her totally by surprise when he suddenly stooped down and hugged her. She squeaked, eyes big, but she smiled softly after a second and hugged him back. His fur was SUPER soft! It felt so nice.

However, Clara seemed to not be on board with the idea of her learning their language. Dawn just looked at her as she rambled, even as Scott tried to calm her down.

She scratched her head, a bit embarrassed at the amount of stress she had caused. She watched as Scott grabbed a CD and suddenly he plopped her down on his lap. She yelped again, blinking, and looked at the laptop that was placed in front of her. Her eyes lit up when she quickly realized what the program was doing. She looked back at him, smiling broadly, and quickly started to study. It was surprising that he even HAD a file to make everything show in English!

After a long while, her excitement about learning the language waned. It wasn't as if she didn't want to learn anymore, she was just a bit tired for the moment. Letting out a yawn, she leaned back onto Scott's chest.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:06 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott was, in a word, stunned. well that lasted for all but a moment before he whispered, "Clara, get the camera, quick! I want to have a picture of this."

Clara did as he asked and before Rachel could realize it, she had taken three pictures of the human cuddling up to Scott's chest. As he held her in his lap, Scott looked to see her progress in the program. She was farther along than he had expected, so he decided to try something.

"Rachel? Rachel, get up. Can you understand anything I say yet? What have you learned so far?" he asked the tired form of the small girl in his arms. Well small to him anyways. Clara looked on. "You can't expect her to be able to-" she began before she was silenced by shock.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:13 pm 

Dawn blinked, a bit startled at the flashing of the camera. She blushed sheepishly, quickly turning back to the laptop.

She glanced back at him, arching a brow as he attempted to talk to her. At the very least, she understood the word 'up', and she got up off of him. "I... kow... ah bite..." she said very slowly, struggling with the growls and snarls. She rubbed the back of her head. "This is harder than I expected..." she muttered in English.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:12 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott smiled as he heard Rachel struggling with the language. He wrote on a piece of paper:

It will get easier. You just need to practice a bit more. I know you can do it!

Clara had by now gotten a good deal better at reading the things Scott was writing, and she smiled a bit sadly. "It's going to be harder than you think you know."

Scott frowned and turned to Clara. "Humans are smarter than you think, you know. I can't believe you don't support me in this!"

"I do support you Scotty! All I'm saying is that she struggled just saying those four words, and she pronounced three of them wrong." Clara huffed. Scott finally caught on to what was happening.

"I don't believe this! You're jealous, aren't you?" He frowned. He didn't want Clara to be unhappy, but at the same time, he didn't want that for Rachel either.

"Wha-? No! Of course not you idiot! I just don't think this can work! writing is one thing, but for a pet to speak our language? it's crazy!" Clara said defiantly. Scott frowned.

"I think you should go."

Clara was stunned at this turn of events. It seemed Rachel was very important to him. "Fine, I will, but when this-" She gestured to Rachel and the research materials. "All fails, don't come crying to me unless it's to say you were wrong."

Clara gathered her things and walked out. Scott put his head in his hands for a moment before looking at the PC with new determination. "One way or another, I will prove her wrong!" he stated.

"Rachel?" he said, noticing her staring at his downcast demeanor. "Relax, it wasn't your fault." he said hoping she could understand that much.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:35 pm 

She read his note, and smiled softly. She knew that it probably wasn't that good, by the way Clara had looked at her while she said it, but she had only been learning it for a few hours! Learning a new language normally took many many months, maybe even years before they were perfected! All things considered, she was doing pretty well!

Though she could only pick out a few choice words from the conversation now being had in front of her, she could tell from the tone that something was happening, and it probably wasn't good. She swallowed, quickly realizing the snarls and growls were about her. She looked downcast at the computer. Was she really doing that badly at everything? Clara seemed to have a hissyfit and quickly left, and Dawn sat down beside Scott on the couch, still looking down. She hugged herself, not really reacting to him as he spoke. Silently she took a piece of paper and wrote "I'm going to bed" and quickly got up and went into the room, where she pressed her face into the pillow.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:33 am 

The Happy RP salesman

Scott watched as Rachel retreated to the bedroom and sighed. "Clara, I swear, if you come back..." he growled at the door. "You will be apologizing to more than just me!"

After a while of doing his own sulking, he decided he should go find out if Rachel was still awake. it turned out she was moping, probably assuming he was mad at her. Scott walked over and knelt down and lay a hand on her shoulder(and upper back from the size of his hands).

"It's ok, Rachel. It wasn't your fault!" he said soothingly. Knowing he wouldn't be understood if he conveyed the next sentence in words, he got more paper and wrote out:

I have a surprise for you. tomorrow is take your pet to work day. I'll bet you could even find some other humans there if you looked!

He wondered if that would lighten her mood as much as it did his, because it was making his tail wag.

Scott looked up at the clock and noticed it was dinnertime by now. "Must have been sulking longer than we thought..." he mused, then picked Rachel up out of her bed, both because he really didn't want her to be sad, and because he knew they were both hungry. In almost ten minutes, he had prepared to the best of his ability a tray of Pizza that was twice the size of her waist in diameter.

"Come on! the book said this was a staple of Ita-lee or something!" he said, cutting out a huge slice.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:08 pm 

Dawn kept herself quiet. She wasn't exactly crying, but she felt like it. Scott deserved a better pet. One that didn't make him argue with his girlfriend. Feeling him softly speak, as well as the huge hand on her back, she lifted her head slightly, grunting. Though she wasn't yet sure of the exact words, she could assume that it was about her not being to blame for making Clara storm out. Except, she WAS to blame! True, she was doing something that would help in the long run, since she had no way of getting back to her normal world, but it still hurt.

She was soon handed a piece of paper. Scanning the words quickly, she arched a brow up at him. From how his whole butt wiggled with glee, she couldn't help but laugh. "Alright alright, I'm done moping" Smiling softly, she just patted his head.

Before she knew it, she felt the furry paws wrap around her and she was lifted off the ground. "Hey! Not again!" she yelped, grabbing onto his shirt. She was soon deposited onto the floor, where she blew a stray strand of hair out of her face. She wasn't uncomfortable with being picked up, on the contrary, some of her friends did it all the time since she was small. It was mostly being treated like a lesser being that made it awkward.

The human watched as delicious smells filled the apartment, and her stomach growled as she saw the pizza come out of the oven. Getting up, she grabbed her own large slice and cut it in half. It was still hot, so she cut it up with the cutlery and popped a piece into her mouth. "mmmmm" she hummed, continuing to eat until she had gotten her fill. There was still a fair bit left after they had eaten, so she wrote on a nearby piece of paper "Pizza is really good for breakfast too. Just put it in the microwave for a minute"