All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:52 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Blog: View Blog (0)

Warren was tired as he woke. He had shifted in his sleep. He was instantly aware he was in a room. He sat up and tensed. He was sore, especially his neck. His clothes had returned to him. He stood and lloked around. He could smell the woman. He stretched and flexed his power. His bag appeared and he changed into new clothes before sitting back down.

He tried to remember coming back here. He couldn't though. He reached out with his senses and tried to call to her mentally... But he didn't know her name.

~Hello?~ He calmed his sensed and got up as someone approached the door.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:47 am 

Blog: View Blog (13)

Liann was coming back from a food run, she was starving and she assumed that when the shifter woke up, so would he. The call in her mind took her off guard and she tensed, it's been awhile since someone last spoke to her in mind speech. But thinking on it, it sounded like the voice of the shifter, and he sounded tired.

~Give me a second will you? I'm not even through the door yet.~ Liann answered trying to sound annoyed as she opened the door with a plastic bag in her hands.

She looked at him warily as she placed the food down on the small table next to the bed. He woke up sooner than she expected, hopefully he wouldn't smell the blood on her back for the wounds were still healing. "I got some food for us, I didn't know what you liked so I just got you a regular burger," Liann spoke out normally as she faced the man crossing her arms. "But first things first."

Her eyes narrowed and she raised her voice in a lecture as she asked, "Are you crazy?" Without waiting for an answer she continued. "I get that your animal form is huge, but that doesn't mean that you can take on eight wolves at once. You're lucky I was around to save your sorry ass."

She huffed in frustration, she was planning to say something else but she couldn't bring herself to thank him not yet. So she turned away from him and grabbed her plate from that bag. Taking a seat in the chair next to the table she started to eat.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:28 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warren studied her as she came in. He smelled the food but he also smelled a hint of blood in the air. He watched as she sat the food down. Then he was surprised as she ranted at him. He wanted to smile, but he frowned instead. He mumbled a spell and sagged as his power worked. The wounds she had taken returned to him leaving her healed.

"My wounds are mine to bear..... And I would have killed them all without help. It is harder to kill me than it might appear. I do thank you for moving me away from the area..... I'm sure their pack mates have found the bodies. I think it is time I left though.... They will come for me.... Best not to be near humans when they do." He took off the shirt and tore it into a long continuous strip. He examined his scarred chest and didnt notice any new scars. Then he wrapped it around his chest and tied it before putting on his old shirt.

His stomach growled at him as he checked his bag. But he ignored it and pulled out his pistol and holster. He put it on and then took out a few spare magazines before closing the bag and sending it away. He added the magazines to the holster in the empty pouches the went in. Then turned to face her as he put his knife on his other hip.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:28 pm 

Feeling the pain leave her back, Liann stood up ready to argue but he cut her off. She had to admit that she didn't think about the mates. It's been years since she's interacted with a pack let alone be apart of one but she knew that the shifter was right. They'll come for him.

Trying again to say something she stopped, her eyes widened and she felt her cheeks heat up as the shifter took his shirt off. Although intrigued by the scars on his chest she turned away and touched her own scar on her face in thought. She started to wonder if the scars on his chest were only battle wounds.

Her mind came back when he started to arm himself, his shirt back on, and she frowned, feeling a hint of annoyance at this shifter. "You really are crazy," Liann finally said as she stepped between him and the door, crossing her arms. "Just because you're strong doesn't mean you're invincible. Let me. . " She paused as she considered her next set of words.

"Let me help you," Liann said her voice turning soft before her voice picked back up, determination shining in her eyes. "I'm the reason you're in this situation anyways. I know you came back to save me, probably because I'm a woman and you thought I couldn't handle myself. I would have been just fine. But here you are, injured, tired, and hungry. You know what, I'll help you whether you want it or not."

Liann stood there waiting for a response, her eyes narrowed and arms crossed, almost daring him to argue back. Helping a shifter was something she never would have imagined doing, but for the past couple days she's been doing a lot of things she wouldn't normally do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:14 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Warren stared at her with squared shoulders. Her eyes held a gleam of determination, but it was undermined by insecurity. She was in a situation she was very uncomfortable with. He frowned he had gone back for her but not because she was a woman.... It was because his cat had urged him to.

"Im not sure if I should laugh or just tell you to leave..... You and I both know you dont want to be in this mess, let alone near other shifters. Your attitude earlier proved that. I didnt come back because youre a female, nor because I thought you cant handle yourself. My cat for some damn reason has taken a liking to you and urged me to follow you. I lead the pack away from your scent, smothered your scent with mine. You can walk away and not fight...... What I suffered earlier was nothing.... Im 200 years old.... Ive seen two world wars and many others..... I can handle a pack of rouges....." he stopped and studied her. "You seem to be a strong willed and level headed woman.Its not your fight this time...." He reached out and gently traced her scar as he frowned.

"You have suffered before..... But I wont have you bear wounds for me...... I bear wounds of many..... The magic I know is as old as nature.... Humans would call me a Druid..... If my body should become fatally wounded I will be reborn in a new one. Luckily thats never happened. I bear the scars of many battles.... And these rouges need to be put down.... They attract too much attention. Humans know we exist.... But rouges make them fear and hate us more."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:58 pm 

Liann did her best to not react to the gentle touch of this shifter. So she remained frozen as her mind raged towards doing two things at once. Part of her wanted to pull away and hide, the other part wanted to reach up and touch his hand so she can press her face against it in comfort. No one showed any form of affection to her before. But he continued to talk and what he said sparked her annoyance again.

She pushed his hand away from her as she growled in anger. "Look, mister tough guy," Liann started. "I already said that I'm going to help you. If you don't like that, deal with it." Pausing, Liann reconsidered her words for he could easily outrun her and that alone would keep her from helping him. "And if you try to leave me or pull any stunts to keep me from helping, that injury on your neck will be the least of your concerns."

Gesturing to the food, the stuff disappeared, she really wanted to eat now but he was right about them having to move. "Since we're in such a hurry, we'll eat later," Liann said as she gathered her things. Making her bag disappear she only carried her knife in her belt, bow in hand, and arrows on her back. Without waiting for an answer she headed out the door while mumbling to herself, "I bear the wounds of many, never asked you, ungrateful little. . ."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:02 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Warren smiled as she left. She had a fighting spirit.... He snorted. It was funny a woman like her would attract his cat. He sighed. It didn't matter, she was the same as he was. A loner with little trust for others.

He flicked his hand and sent his bag away as a rifle and a vest appeared. He put on the vest and checked the pouches. They were all filled with ammunition and a few had random survival gear tucked into them. He picked up the rifle and walked out after her. He stepped out on the porch behind the woman.

"If you're going, then you follow me. No questions. I know what I'm doing.... Am no I'm not saying you dont.... But I know what we need to do right now. My name is Warren.... Come on let's go." He stepped off the pourch a d started walking without looking back.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:57 pm 

Liann watched as he kept walking, determined and without looking back at her. She wondered if that is what she'll see when this fight was over. Will he walk away without a second thought? The idea made her frown and she touched her scar as she quietly followed after him. He did say something about his cat side being attracted to her, what exactly did that mean though? A sort of warmth started to form in her cheeks again. Her frown deepened and she buried these unexpected feelings that seemed to pull her towards Warren. She can't allow herself to start liking him.

"Liann," came the reply. "And thank you, for before." Not the most grateful way to say thank you but it's become evident to Liann that she can't think straight when she faces Warren. Every time she looks into his eyes, there's a chance she'll get lost in them. There were a lot of things about him that should make her nervous, scared, distrusting, but everything about him seemed to make her feel comfortable, at home. Liann shook her head, they'll do what they can to avoid or fight the rogues and after, they'll go their separate ways.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:16 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Warren kept walking. He was surprised she said thank you. He hadn't expected it.

"You're welcome." He said quietly. "If we can reach the pack territory of the next town they won't follow us.... Otherwise we'll just have to kill them." His voice held no emotion as he spoke the last words.

He'd had to kill many times before. Now he just kind of had a, not immune attitude, just a resigned attitude about it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:36 pm 

Even if he couldn't see it, Liann nodded in agreement. She wouldn't want to kill anymore but being who they are and what they did today, the rogues will no doubt try to kill them both.

Hearing the tone of voice Warren had made her feel for him. He's experienced so much, living a hard almost unforgiving life just because of who he is. Liann started to wonder what it would be like to live for that long, alone. It wasn't too hard to imagine given her situation, but once she reached Haven and the people there can help her. All that will change.

"Lead the way," was all Liann could think of saying before she added with a bit of sarcasm. "You told me before, no questions, so obviously I won't ask anything."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:52 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warren snorted. She had a sarcastic streak, that was for sure. But strangely it didn't bother him as much as it normally did. His cat was comfortable around her. That further confused him. His cat was very picky when it came to new people. They usually fit in two categories. He liked them, or he just ignored them. He seemed to be genuinely interested by this woman. He still couldn't tell what kind of shifter she was supposed to be though.....

"What kind of shifter are you?" He asked as they reached the woods. He wanted to kick himself. His cat had made him ask when he was distracted......

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:07 pm 

Liann smiled to herself when she heard Warren snort, she was glad to get through that stiff side of his. But that smile vanished at his question and she hesitated for a moment. "I'm a wolf shifter," she replied though there was something odd about her tone. "I'm surprised you didn't know. Then again I spent a lot of time with humans, most shifters prefer their animal forms. I guess I'm a little odd for liking my human form more."

Fear started to settle into her gut, causing her to babble and she looked at Warren warily. For a second she forgot who they were and was feeling at ease, which rarely ever happened whenever she was in a presence of another shifter. "What about you?" Liann asked, trying to keep the casual conversation going, trying to calm herself. He still didn't know what she was yet, maybe he won't need to find out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:49 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Warren was silent for a while as he digested her words. He k new the meaning even if shed not said it out loud. Hed known and helped others like her. Some, he had 'Awakened', others he just sent to Haven. The pack elders there knew more on the subject than he did. They had saved many shifters by bringing forth their animal sides.

"Im a half-breed..... Half lynx, half wolf. Though as you saw im not a normal shifter. My bloodline has Druid blood. So im more cat and im larger than normal shifters. Its also why most shifters and packs or clans avoid me. Im too different to most of them. Haven was one of the only packs to accept me openly." His voice was quiet as they walked through the woods. At this pace theyd reach the border in an hour, maybe less.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:28 pm 

Staying equally quiet Audre asked, "Was Haven you next destination?" Part of her wanted him to say no, another part wanted him to say yes and provide a chance to stay with him a little longer. To be honest, she was also curious about him being half-breed. Hearing that he was part lynx intrigued her, the mere idea of half-breeds always struck her interest. She was always told that they were disgusting and weren't worthy of respect, maybe if things were different, she would have followed that same opinion.

But things weren't different, she's grown to sympathize with half-breds because she was treated poorly in a similar way. She left her pack and has been on her own for a while now. Looking back at Warren, she couldn't help but respect him. He's lived for so long on his own, been through so much, yet all he shows is this form of strength. Liann started to feel small next to him and she started to worry again. What would he think of her once he found out the truth? Would he look down on her? After all, she's never shifted before, not once in her life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:37 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Warren considered his words then spoke.

"No it wasnt. But.... I will take you there. They can help you better than I can. If I tried to bring her out on my own.... Wed need an isolated and safe place. Even then it would be painful.... For both of us..... I could keep it minimal, but that would still mean youd have to trust me to do it...." He watched her surprise as he spoke. He knew she was hoping he hadnt noticed. It mattered little to him. Hed never treated another shifter different for what they were, only how they acted.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:59 pm 

There was surprise in her eyes, but it was quickly frozen over. A cold hard edge took to her eyes and her jaw hardened as she looked away from him, her scar hidden. "You can't help me," her voice came out strained and she tried to ignore the painful memories that flashed in her mind. "And even if you could. . . I don't want it."

If he figured out what's different about her, then the rumors about Haven are true. They do help those like her, but him figuring out the truth and seeing how calm he was about her condition wasn't the problem. It's what she wanted that could still make his opinion about her change. She wasn't even sure how the people of Haven would take to what she'll ask of them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:33 pm 

Back from hiatus!

He stopped as he took her words in. His cat whined and so did he.

"Her..... Your wolf is a she not an it,,,,, They have feelings just like us..... Two minds one body Liann..... You may have never shifted.... But shes there..... Stuck somehow.... Unable to reach out to you......." His voice had a sad edge to it. He was silent for awhile as he continued walking then he spoke sadly again.

"They cant take away what you are. To take her, even if she is dormant, it would kill you both....... iIe seen it happen before.... Shifters cant stand what they are and commit the ritual..... It separates you..... But it destroys your souls to be ripped apart that way......." He spoke with bitter sadness and looked away from her as his facade crumbled and his face fell. He held back the tears and shook away the memories quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:08 pm 

Liann was surprised that Warren stopped walking to face her and even more surprised to see the amount of pain that seemed to almost overwhelm him. "I. . ." Liann sighed as she looked around at their surroundings. "Let's keep moving, we'll talk more later when we're not in some form of danger." Her voice was calm, having lost the will to argue, for now. He may not know her form of pain, but he has definitely faced pain in more ways that she could only imagine, who was she to think that he wouldn't understand her? It was becoming obvious that he has helped others like her. She started to walk again towards the general direction Warren was leading them.

Still, Liann didn't believe that there was a she wolf inside her somewhere. She hasn't believed in that for a long time now. But hearing Warren speak of the pain of losing a part of yourself, was he speaking from experience? The way his very being seemed to crumble, Liann might as well have poked at a festering wound. But her plans to get rid of her shifter self was still in place, it's what she planned ever since she started this journey. To change that plan now, Liann wasn't sure what she would do with herself if she were to change her mind.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:35 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Warren chose not to answer. He had upset her, but hadnt meant to. He sighed internally as his cat tried to reassure him. He kept moving until he sensed the border close by. It took a while longer before he decided they were far enough over the territory line to be safe. He stopped them near a small creek and took out a small cup. He drank some of the cool winter water the sighed. he sent his rifle away and summoned his bag. He turned to her.

"We are safe in this territory. If you head North along this creek until it reaches a lake, then follow the shoreline, you will find Haven. Its maybe a days walk. I wont go with you...... I havent been there since.... it doesnt matter. Good luck to you Liann." He turned and headed east, away from her and his past. He wouldnt face that again. He was using a spell to move as quick as he could to get away from the memories swamping him. He stumbled to a stop in a small clearing and rested near a tree. He looked at the overcast sky as his tears finally fell.
"Elora.....I miss you so....."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:02 pm 

Liann watched as he ran away from her, just like most people did. "What a liar," she said as she turned away the second she couldn't see Warren anymore. "I thought you said you would take me to Haven." She couldn't blame him though, his reason was, it was her fault for upsetting him. They got on each others nerves because they were both loners. It's hard to trust the other after being through so much. She touched her scar remembering how her father gave it to her.

Sitting at the edge of the creek she took a cup of water, the water cold in her hands but felt good as it quenched her thirst. Her stomach growled and she remembered that she hasn't eaten. Bringing the food out, she looked at the plate she got for Warren. Her heart felt heavy. It's been awhile since the last time she felt so alone. Ignoring the feeling she took her food out and started to eat. The food cold and tasteless in her mouth.

Something seemed to tug at her as she was about to take another bite, and her eyes kept going to Warren's plate. With an annoyed sigh, she put the food away, no longer hungry. Gathering her things she looked in the direction where Haven should be. Turning away she headed for where Warren went.

He went farther than she thought and already she was out of breath. Stopping for a moment to catch her breath, Liann was starting to get annoyed at this shifter. "Why do shifters have to be so fast?" She asked herself. Taking a sniff of the air, she was going the right way. Pushing herself forward she went back to running at an inhuman speed. Taking a chance she tried to call out in mind speech. "Warren? Warren where are you?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next