All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:53 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Blog: View Blog (0)

Warren was startled as he heard the voice in his head. At first he thought hed imagined it. Then it called out to him again. He stood and shook away his emotions..... She was following him. But he didnt know why. he had told her how to reach her destination. And he knew the way was safe to travel alone. So why would she follow him? He had left because, in the end..... He would rather not influence her choice.....

~Im here..~ He answered softly. But his voice betrayed his emotional state. He felt her close and knew he should just wait for her. He wiped his eyes and did his best to hide his tears and put up his facade again.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:14 am 

Blog: View Blog (13)

Hearing the emotion in his voice caused Liann to pause in her steps. That and she really needed to catch her breath. She really didn't understand why she was following him. Heck she didn't have a reason to come back for him.

~You are such a pain, you know that?~ Liann asked her voice sounding tired. Gaining control over her breathing she calmly said, ~I want your help. Please.~

Without waiting she continued as she leaned against a tree trying to relax. ~If you can help me. My . . . pack tried everything to get me to change. I have an older brother and sister, and a younger brother, all born human, but able to change. I was also born human, but no matter what I couldn't change. We never were able to figure out why.~

~I'll give you two weeks to help me, It's enough to wait for the full moon to come. I hear it helps with the shifting process.~ She started to walk toward the area she felt Warren call out to her. ~If you can't help me by the end of the second week, I'll head to Haven and try to separate my shifter self from me. Deal?~

She didn't know why she was taking this chance to give her shifter side another go, she's been through so much already. But if there was a reason to remain a shifter, well, he's out there close by. If she were to become completely human she would want nothing to do with shifters, including him. So she'll give him a chance to change her mind, she hoped that Warren can help her.

Last edited by RainAzel on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:54 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warren listened to her speak without interrupting. He knew she was out of her depth here. He was so drawn to her it hurt..... He owed it to her to help her.... If only so he could live with himself again....

~Deal..... Two weeks is more than enough.... i only need a few days..... Maybe a week, You are kind of stubborn you know.... Im in a clearing not too far from you. its a perfect place to set up a camp.~ He slid to the ground and held his head in his hands. He knew he had to do it right this time...... If he didnt...... Then hed not live with the consequences....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:12 am 

Liann couldn't help but smile at his comment about her being stubborn. He was right but at the same time, he was wrong. Something inside her was calling out to him, she couldn't understand it but. She shook her head, it was clear that there was still some pain in his voice, maybe she shouldn't be here and bother him with her problems. Liann started to worry if she made the right choice.

Picking up her pace again she made it to the clearing. It was small but will definitely do. She made her bag containing her tent appear as she went over to Warren. She frowned when she saw his head in his hands, she hoped it was because he was only tired. Touching her scar in thought she asked, ~Hungry? The foods gotten cold, but you can still probably eat it I guess.~ Liann reconsidered this thinking about how the food would be sort of unpleasant to eat, but she hated wasting food.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:32 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warren looked up with a tired face and nodded. he was very hungry about now. He hadnt eaten in longer than a day. It wasnt good for a shifter to go long with out a meal. They all had high metabolisms and need alot of calorie intake to fuel their shifts and healing abilities.

~Im starving. And food is food. Cold doesnt matter to me. I learned a long time ago..... I can eat anything and sleep anywhere...... Combats not a great place for either of those, but you learn those skills fast in a war zone....~ He said as his own bag appeared beside him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:23 am 

Liann looked Warren with concern and worry. Making the plastic bag appear she handed him the plates. "Here, go ahead and eat," she said as she walked off a small distance to start setting up. "I'll start working on the tent."

With her back to him, she got to work, trying to busy herself. She was starting to feel nervous again, she just made a deal with a shifter, right when she was close to her destination that would have changed her forever. Why did she come back to him? Maybe she's really starting to fall for him. Smiling sadly to herself, she knew this was a bad idea and she was afraid to find out what would come of these emotions. Guess she'll find out for herself in the next two weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:54 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Despite his hunger, Warren paced himself as he ate. He didn't want her to think he was a barbarian. It was cold, but the burger wasn't bad. It was a good size burger with everything on it. He still finished it quickly. After he ate he got up and took out his own tent.

He set it up not far from hers. He left enough room to build a fire between them. After he set up his tent he went about trying to start a fire. He gathered dead wood and set it in a pile. Then he used a little magic to light it. He sighed as he sat by the fire. It slowly warmed him before he looked to Liann.

"I can sense your wolf. She deep inside you..... But she is closer to being free than I thought..... It will still be difficult to bring her out. But I can do it....."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:30 am 

It took some time but Liann finished her tent when Warren was halfway through his. Satisfied that it'll hold, she went about eating her meal. She was ravenous but she did her best to not gobble the burger in one go. Still, she ate her fill before she sat by the fire Warren made.

Hearing what Warren said caused every muscle in her body to tense, and that hard edge shined in her eyes again. She kept her eyes on the fire, the light flickering in her eyes making them bright. "I see," Liann started, unsure what else to say. Her eyes lowered and mindlessly she started to trace her scar.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:02 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Warren noticed her reaction. She seemed to be in deep thought, tracing her scar. He knew it was probably a personal memory.

"The scar...... Someone you knew close hurt you didnt they?" He had a quiet voice as he spoke. He knew she could turn on him at any second if he pushed the wrong button. He didnt want her to turn away. He needed her to open up to him.

"I only ask because..... It might be what drew your wolf closer to being free. Extreme danger or pain sometimes releases a pent up shifter."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:53 am 

Her eyes flicked to Warren before they went to the side as if she just realized what she was doing. She lowered her hand and her eyes went back to the fire, seeing nothing but bad memories.

"You're right," Liann finally said, her voice strained. "And it wasn't just someone close to me but actually my father. I told you before that my pack tried everything, anything they could think of to help me. I tried too because I wanted to change, be a part of the pack. I got hurt plenty of times, even got a few broken bones when they threw me in situations that placed me in danger." Her jaw hardened and her hands clenched into fists.

"Nothing worked and my parents soon considered trying to find a mate for me. If I couldn't shift, maybe I can still provide to the pack in this way," Liann spoke quietly as the tension of hatred and anger left her face and hands, only to be replaced by expressions of hurt and betrayal as her shoulder sagged, her head lowered. "No one wanted me. There wasn't really a guarantee that I would give birth to other shifters other then the fact that I at least had the powers. Even if I could, I was against the plan from the start and for once started to become difficult to everyone but. . ."

Falling quiet Liann turned her head away from Warren. She couldn't bring herself to say anymore and she tried to swallow down the painful lump in her throat. Her eyes started to sting as tears threatened to fall out. Quickly getting up Liann walked a few feet away from the fire, from Warren, from the shifter. She fought against the pain and willed her eyes to keep from spilling any tears.

Liann didn't know why she was about to tell Warren everything. Maybe because she was alone all this time carrying everything and she wanted someone to talk to. Maybe because after so long, he's the first shifter she ever trusted. He cared for her and saved her life even though she was a complete stranger to him. However, no matter what Warren says, Liann truly believed that he couldn't help her. "I was a complete disappointment, and for that, my father tried to kill me. And after all of that. . . I never shifted." She headed for her tent then, keeping her head down and her face hidden from Warren.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:11 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Warren stayed silent as she spoke. It was hard not to feel anything about what shed gone through. His heart ached for her. It had been so similar to his own past. He knew what hate and resentment could do to a family. He'd lost his mother, brother, and father in much the same way. Though not in quite the same way...

"My mother was a wolf.... And my father was the lynx..... My mother had white fur..... A rareity for wolf shifters..... Her pack frowned upon her mating choice. But for her it wasn't a choice. She believed in true mates.... Her pack didn't though. It was accepted, but most mated within the pack...." He paused as he was remembering those long ago memories.

"I had an older brother. He took after my mother except he had gray fur. I took more after my father.... But as you saw I got mothers white fur. When I was born her pack was unhappy with her. In that time, anything different wasn't accepted easily." He looked down sadly.

"It was hard on my family. As I grew up they spent most of their time protecting me...... At least until I was large enough to be on my own and fight for myself....." He wiped his eyes with a shaky hand.....

"They turned on us.... One day me and my brother went hunting..... The whole pack gathered while we were away....." His voice was low... "When we came close to home.... We could smell the blood and smoke....." He paused and was silent a moment.

"They killed our parents...... Tortured them.... Trying to find me and my brother I suppose..... Then they burned our home....." His voice cracked. "We lost everything..... Our home, our parents, and our pack, though we never were part of the pack.... We separated then. We agreed to meet every few years.... But I haven't seen him in twenty years. He just never showed up...... I go there every three years, just like we agreed..... I still hope...... But its hard after twenty years, to not k ow what happened to the last of my family." He stood. He had tears running down his cheeks.

"I understand your pain of loss Liann... Even if my own was different." He walked to his tent and shifted before entering it. He could cry silently then. The first time he'd done so in many years.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:48 pm 

Liann watched as Warren went to his tent and frowned when he shifted. She really hated shifters, that feeling has been natural to her for so long. All shifters, to her, lacked one thing, compassion. Liann knew that she was also guilty because she wanted so badly to be free of her wolf side even though the idea of it is cruel and the pain, Liann imagine unbearable. She expected a little of that before Warren turned on her, telling her that her wolf side was a her, a part of her.

Warren has shown her compassion with his willingness to help her, and even before that he had saved her. But his behavior only scared her. Her thoughts on shifters had been challenged and her initial plans are changing. Liann didn't like how her world seemed to be turning because of this one shifter before her. Life was hard but her perspective on the world was becoming simple and she could deal with that. But ever since Warren came into her life, all these paths opened to her and she had no clue where they would lead.

Going into her tent she got into her sleeping bag and shivered as she tried to settle in. The night was cold and Liann turned on her side trying to curl into a ball to retain any body heat she had. Her mind swirled with everything she told Warren, and thoughts of his own story. They've been place on a paralleled journey of pain and despair, Liann wondered why Warren was so willing to help her, and why she was becoming so attached to him. What would they do if Warren succeeded in helping her shift? What would he do if she failed to shift? Exhaustion was what caused her to finally fall asleep and stilling her troubled thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:14 am 

Back from hiatus!

Warren had a fitful rest. That is until his cat took control and moved them to sleep by Lianns tent. He put his fur against the cool tent and went back to sleep. Their rest was much easier and calmer near her. His human didnt see the bond. But it didnt matter. It was there and thats what mattered.

He woke when he heard her shift inside. The tent felt warmer now so he stayed where he was. He knew she didn't sense the wolf he could feel deep within her. He felt her and knew he could help bring her out. But the female was reluctant. He'd have to show her that man and beast were separate even though they shared a body.

He flexed the magic they had to restart the fire. Then he brought forth their pack and it sat by the tent. He stayed where he was as the fire rekindled and slowly flared back up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:43 pm 

Liann slowly opened her eyes and sighed. She slept fairly well which didn't normally happen when sleeping in a tent out in the open but she felt rested. Sitting up she stretched out and rolled her neck. Events of what happened yesterday settled in her mind and she turned to look to the direction of Warren's tent. She nearly jumped but her muscles stiffened as she found a huge shadow near her tent. The shadow rose and fell, breathing at an even pace. Liann relaxed slightly as she wondered why Warren was outside her tent. Did anyone come by last night without her knowing.

She grabbed her boots and tugged them on before she got up and went to the entrance of her tent unzipping the fabric to step out. She made her way over to Warren she spoke up in her usual flat tone, "Hey, are you up? Or did I wake you?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:30 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Warrens cat stretched then sat up and looked at her.

-I was up young one. Did you rest well?- his voice was now more primal, not quite human. It was the voice of a cat using human words. He motioned his head to the fire and the bag.

-There is human food in the pack..... He wont mind if you take some.... I must hunt though.....- He stretched again and yawned a big cat yawn before he lazily stood and began walking towards the bushes. He hadnt seen her face when he spoke.... But maybe his words would strike something in her, or at least shed notice he wasnt the human half right now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:58 pm 

When the cat finally left, Liann realized that she was holding her breath. Releasing it, she did her best to calm down and busied herself with looking through Warren's pack for something to eat. By the time Liann finished eating, she was able to find that she wasn't shaking as much. She should have but didn't expect to face Warren's cat side and was completely taken off guard. Sighing she ran her hand through her hair and then traced her scar.

Maybe she jumped the gun with making that deal with Warren. She had such a negative perspective on shifters that she was ready to run the second she realized that she wasn't talking to Warren. Liann realized that the next few days let alone the next two weeks was going to be incredibly hard. Trusting Warren was one thing, but trusting the other side of him, the cat, all these small reminders of Warren being a shifter, Liann felt like dropping everything and disappearing. Something compelled her to fight against this fear of Warren's cat side, Liann just wasn't sure if she could do it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:41 pm 

Back from hiatus!

He took his time hunting. He found a scent for a buck and followed it. He was careful to avoid noise and to stay upwind. It took him some time to catch up to his prey. It was a large buck.... More than enough to feed him.... But he wasnt only feeding himself, hed take some for her. his human knew how to cook and cure the meat for long term storage. He stalked closer and was finally able to get a chance to bring it down.

he leaped for its throat and latched on as it screamed in panic and reared back. He had a good grip and he quickly jerked his head. He heard the beasts neck snap and it collapsed instantly at his paws. He jerked again to make sure it was dead before he began eating. He enjoyed his fill before he took the large haunch hed saved and headed back to camp. All told hed been gone an hour, maybe less, when he sauntered back into the clearing. He dropped the haunch near his tent then shifted to human.

He was still his cat as he nodded to Liann.
"I brought back some meat.... He learned how to treat the meat and keep it longer. I can smoke it and make jerky that will last for a while..." His voice was a bit deeper as he spoke. He knew she was uncomfortable about him being the cat side of Warren.... but she needed to get used to it if he was to bring her own wolf out.....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:56 pm 

Liann listened closely to his tone and knew that she was still talking to the cat. She looked at him warily or turned her eyes away unable to look him in the eyes, she was clearly uncomfortable. "I see, sounds good," she finally said as she stood and wondered about what she could do. "Are we going to move or stay here?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:09 am 

Back from hiatus!

The cat sensed her discomfort and let his human come back. He wanted her to get used to him, not to resent and fear him.

"We will be staying here. Its a good area, with plenty of game. And best of all there are not any shifters in this valley or the nearby hills.... So we are safe here...... Come here and Ill teach you home to cure and smoke meat for jerky..." His voice was normal again as were his eyes as he looked up at her. Theyd lost the green hue from when the cat was in control.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:23 am 

Again it took her a moment to listen to his tone before she understood that she was talking to Warren now. Her shoulders released their tension and she spared a glances towards Warren. "Alright," she said and she slowly walked over to him. There was a need to apologize to Warren, if he felt that she was being rude when his cat took over, but she couldn't bring herself to say it. Instead she asked, "So what do I need to do?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next