All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Wolf
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:45 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Blog: View Blog (0)

Horen wasnt comfortable. He nodded to Lyons.

I think I will go outside Lord. i need some air..." Horen turned and left the room quickly.

Brevine sighed. It would be a while before Horen would come back to normal. She knew that, but she didnt like it.

"Lord, he will be fine. The way we were treated..... His training as a slave fighter..... It weighs heavy on his mind right now. We will go on a hunt. Maybe it will help ease the weight of his mind."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:07 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate took her seat. "Do not let Horen run or exert energy. His lung is still healing. I just stopped the bleeding. A few minutes, Brevine."

Kate began the meal passing food. Ann served honey boar ham, mashed potatoes, carrots, and apple pie for dessert.

Kate looked at her father, "Did you get hurt?"

Lyons shook his head, "Not badly, just stumbled on a few rock debris. Nora did you get hurt?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:27 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Brevine quickly followed Horen as she spoke to Katie through the bond.

-You forget sister, he can heal faster if he changes to his Wolf form. I will be with him. He will be fine, but to hunt we must run.-

------------------

Nora took a drink and spoke.

"I was lightly injured Lord. A few cuts and bruises. A few tender ribs, but nothing broken."

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:33 pm 

Kate nodded her head as she mindspoke to Brevine,"I did forget and you are a very strong healer in wolf form. I know you look over him and have fun.*

Kate looked to her right at Nora, "Do you need to take your she-wolf form and hunt too?"

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:44 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Nora smiled.

"I will shift later. As for hunting..... Most Wolfkin hunt as a family for celebrations or to mourn a loss. I think Horen is needing to celebrate his mates freedom. Being a wolf accelerates our healing, but it heightens our instincts. He will be driven to hunt for his mate."

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:52 pm 

Ferras was next to Nora; Kate added sugar to her tea then took a sip. "Feras, we did fight some getting out of Draco's lair. Are you alright?"

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:57 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Feras grunted and motioned to a bandage barely visible under his armor.

"A deep slash wound that got under my armor. Nothing else really. A few small cuts as you expect from any fight." Nora put a comforting hand on his arm. They had not shifted at the other place because it was no longer safe.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:10 pm 

Kate looked again at Nora and touched her arm, "I want you both to know you may take your pure form and heal. I know you heal faster as pure wolves. You both are safe here. The guards are to protect the family and guests. Horen has taken his pure wolf form a few times. All that are family to Horen are welcome here. I look forward to meeting all of your kinsmen."

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:34 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Nora smiled as feras took her hand.

"We might shift and run before bed. Now that Horen is safe again we can relax, even if only for a short while."

-----------

Horen had shifted the moment he was outside. He shook out his fur and sat taking a deep almost painless breath. Shifting had lealed most of the damage almost instantly. He was surprised by the cold nose that nudged him. He turned and wasnt surprised to see Brevine in the same form. He noticed her fur had more of a blueish tint to it though.

She yipped and waged her tail.
-Come love! Ive always wanted to hunt the way you do..... To experience what you have....- Her voice was filled with excitement.

Horen chuffed a wolf laugh and started trotting towards the forest.

-The let us find some game my mate.- His voice was more primal as his mind receded a little more to his instincts. He reached through the bond as he paused. he wanted both of his mates together and near him. Wanted to hunt with both of them. So he called out to Katie with a howl that only she would understand.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:51 pm 

Kate heard his call that was only meant for her. "Papa, may I be excused? Horen is asking for me."

All at the table heard his howl was more like a sharp bark. Kate pulled back her chair.

Lyons let out a chuckle. "Kate you have your own wolf call. Yes your excused."

Kate changed into her vixen form and noticed Brevine's bluish fur. "Horen you feel like a fox chase?"

She nuzzled both of the wolves. They towered her small form.

She licked Horen's muzzle. "Happy my love?"

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:26 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Feras and Nora chuckled as Katie left. They held each others paw as they finished dinner.

"Wolves can speak to their mates in many ways that only each mate can understand lord. It is my understanding that Kit kin also have a similar way with their own life partners. Is that true? Wolfkin know little of the Kits, we are not enemies, but not close allies either." Feras asked as he finished his meal.

-----

Horen chuffed.

"Yes i am love...... Very, very happy..... Now lets hunt.... Brevine has never had a chance to enjoy the freedom of hunting love." Horen nuzzled both before he turned to lead the way towards the forest.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:39 pm 

Lyons leaned forward in his chair and looked at Feras, "We have more similarities. Your right, ties between your kind and mine have been strained. We must learn to work together. I would like to bring an ambassador into our courts. We will need to make alliances should Horen,Kate, and Brevine's relationship get deeper. I have a feeling there will be wee one padding in the manor again. We have to come together to bring down Draco. He no doubt is allied with the trolls and orcs. We are facing another war."

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:42 am 

Back from hiatus!

Feras nodded.

"Well, Our territory borders your Kingdom. An alliance between us is a very likely outcome seeing as our families are now joined together Lord. We have heard the Kitkin are very proud fighters and mages. i think an alliance will be good for my people and yours. We have tried to ally with the Humans to the south and west..... But they dont want an alliance, only Peace Treaty's and Trade Agreements." he shook his head and sighed.

"Horen must return to our home for a time. To see his Uncle and show our people he yet lives and fights against Dracos forces...... But even thouh he is free to live where he pleases.... He will be needed to lead us in this war. He is a great warrior, and our armies will want him to lead them as a General, not a Politician...... Katie wont like that. I think its best for now that she not know he will be fighting. I suspect Brevine will also fight at Horens side, unless he orders her not to. In any case.... She will need to be protected. Once Horen begins to fight, his enemies may well target her to hurt him without facing him." Feras sat back and looked Lyons in the eyes.

"If she is hurt or killed.... Horen will lose his mind..... And with his powers I shudder to think what he would do. Or what he would be capable of.... Have you heard of Battle lust? Wolfkin are prone to it when out of control.... They kill or attack until they themselves are killed. Those who suffer it never recover and are killed because they tend to hurt everyone around them, friend or foe alike. I dont want to see Horen become that kind of creature."

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:42 am 

Lyons pursed his lips. "I know battle lust and the effects. I too have come close and seen my brothers in arms succumb to it. The mages are more powerful than the were in the first war. I was forced into battle at 13. I trained to fight as soon as I could hold a wooden sword. Kate would understand Horen's need for revenge. We all want to see the demise of Lord Draco. This time Kate will be needed among the healers. I understand the bond Horen has with Brevine. I am glad to see Kate has accepted the bond. She too has some kind of connection to Brevine too. Nora, Feras, I hope you will stay a few more days before going home. The celebration of WinterFest is here. We exchange gifts and have a town festival."

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:35 pm 

Back from hiatus!

"We will stay Lord. Horen needs more rest before we journey home. And i and Nora could use some rest as well." Feras finished his meal and pushed the plate away before drinking some of the wine that was offered from the maid/

----------------

Horen lead them on the trail of a small herd of deer. He was hungry and needed to take a kill for his mates. He needed to provide for them. He was deathly silent as he lead the way down wind of the herd.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:52 pm 

Kate scampered out of sight. Taking down a stag was more than Kate could handle. She enjoyed smaller prey that swam. Her favorite dish was delish fried in corn meal and wheat flour. She watched as Horen crept down wind the heard. She knew that Brevine would help Horen. This was her first time watching wolves work together. Horen was helped by the dragon.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:32 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen Quietly got them into position. He knew Brevine could take down one of the deer easy. These seemed to be a more relaxed herd, which meant they were vulnerable. He lunged at the same time Brevine did. He hit his stag before it even realized what was happening. In a second he closed his jaws on its neck and cracked it. The stag crumpled with a single whimper. He tuned as brevine dragged down her own target. She finished it off quickly and he yipped and nuzzled her.

Brevine yipped happily as elation filled her. shed hunted! And shed gotten a good kill. But more than that.... She had hunted with her mate in his form...... It was a feeling she couldnt describe. She nuzzled him back as he spoke to Katie.

"I will eat here.... Katie... I know you prefer to cook your kills first.... Come, take some meat from mine and we can cook it in the cave nearby out of the open." he looked to the sky as snow had begun falling again.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:42 pm 

Kate gave both Horen and Brevine a hug and kiss."It is customary to drink the blood of your prey. Every hunter practices the custom."
She took a small slab of rib meat and part of the back to made a steak. She gave the prime parts for Brevine and Horen to share. "Thank you. I do prefer my meat cooked. This was a good kill. I know a good taxidermist in town should you like a trophy."

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:09 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen was still acting more on his primal side.

-I dont kill for trophies mate.... I kill to nourish us, to provide for us. Never for sport....- is ears drooped at his memories of his own torture for others amusement and sport..... He shuddered. Hed never do that. He couldnt hunt for sport after all he himself had been through.

Brevine nuzzled him, sensing his downed mood.
-Its ok love...... She didnt mean anything by it..... Just finsh eating and we will go to the cave.-

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:04 pm 

Kate sensed she upset him. She placed her head against his massive front left paw.

"I should know that keeping trophies is not enjoyable to you. I am sorry. I am happy to see you have not lost your appetite."

Kate let Horen eat his meal. She hated the taste of uncooked meat. Her kind lost their taste for fresh kill years ago.

She pawed at her Sister, "I am glad you know the cave Brevine. What did your ancestors use it for? There is a lot of writing on the wall. The walls are gem encrusted. I only know one way into the cave that is by water. There is a ledge that leads from the water to the cave. I placed furs from rodents in piles. I go there to think and practice spells. I ove the fresh spring that is in the back of the cave. I am sure the dragons used it for its healing properties."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next