All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Wolf
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:29 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

"Yes. This is pretty. There is an ancient dragon temple under the lake. The walls are encrusted with gem stones and runic writing. There is a huge hot spring. It is too cold to swim. I found the place as a child. I go the when I want to be alone. You are the only other person I told about it. The walls are to pretty to destroy. I have chizzled a few gems. I will get you ice skates the next time we come here, Skating on ice is fun, once you learn how."

Kate stopped the sleigh and let Horen enjoy the winter scene before him. She removed the flasks of cider and gave him one. The mage opened her flask and took a small sip. "You may come here any time you like."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:02 am 

Back from hiatus!

Blog: View Blog (0)

Horen smiled as he sipped the cider. it tasted of apples and cinnamon. H e was happy for a change. He was actually free. he hadnt realized it till now. He could come and go as he pleased. He knew she might stop him now because he was still weak and it was so cold. But he was free..... It warmed him as he finally realized the truth in her words.

"I would love to swim when it gets warm........ I used to enjoy that long ago with.... My mother.." He went quiet as the memories effected him.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:17 pm 

"Please go on. tell me about her. I would like to know."

Kate reached over and rubbed his shoulder. She noticed he looked happy and relaxed. Whem he thought about her. He was not so sad. His had a glint of sparkle.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:02 am 

Back from hiatus!

"She was a grey wolf..... My father was.... He was a lynx..... Their mating wasnt normal but no one stopped it, or had a right to..... I get my white and brown pattern from him...." He smiled. "They both loved each other. He was a fighter, he helped protect the village, she was a hunter..... When I turned 5 they began to teach me things. I learned we all had magic. Rare in Animalkin...... My mother bade me keep it a secret. She taught me in the ways of the forest and magic. I learned to fight and protect myself from my father..... But then..... the..." He stopped and looked away unable to stop his tears or to continue to speak....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:23 am 

Kate wrapped her arms around him and let him sob. "You can weep Horen let it all out." The mage felt awful for him. Sobbing was the emotional release he needed. Kate knew he had to build a wall to protect his emotions."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:44 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen shook his head and and his mind cleared. it was a habit he had honed long ago..... Showing emotion as a slave only invited more harsh treatment. He shuddered once then sighed.

"I am okay..... I dont think of it often...... Never got to dwell on it...."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:39 pm 

Kate knew he hid his emotions well and most likely his fatigue too. She touched the side of his cloak. "Do you want to stay or go home?"
Three girls noticed Kate and a stranger with her. Kate was never seen without her brother. They approached. "Horen I want you to meet my friends. Before they get to close, do you want to meet them now or later?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:44 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen examined the aproaching girls. He supposed he should get used to the people around Lady Kate.

"It wold be better to meet them now...... Better to meet those who are near you so i know them."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:13 am 

The girls were talking as they approached.Kate let Horen make the decision. They were all about Kate's age. The blond was dressed in pink sweater and darker pink heavy, wool full, long skirt with a hoop, and pink pleated petticoat hem that showed at she walked. Her skates were slung over her right shoulder. She had a velvet pink bonnet over white, rabbit fur earmuffs. "This is Elane Sweeny. Elain I want you to meet Horen. He is newly arrived from battle the Southlands and living with us." Kate squeezed his heft had and whispered. "Take her left hand and kiss the back of her hand. She will adore you."

She gave him a demi curtsey and smiled. "Oh you poor man. Are you hurt bad? Those smelly and horrid orcs in the Barrens; they threaten our borders. I hope you killed a whole lot of them."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:42 am 

Back from hiatus!

"I am fine my lady. And yes, I have killed my share of orcs. its not something I relish or wish on another..... I was good at it though." he kissed her hand and stood straighter.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:18 am 

"You are a very brave. Your a neko aren't you? You fur. May I touch your locks. I love the color. I see a lot of your kind in town but none are like you. Excuse for saying. Your coloring is lovely. I am sure when your healed, you eyes are too. Kate he is gorgeous. How on terra firma did you find him?"

Kate snickered, "O'Mallry brought him. Alright, you fawned him enough. Yes, he is very rare and one of a kind. I am speaking of his personality. Horen is very special."

Another girl walked up. She wore a brown leather short cape with a fur collar. She has brown hair and eyes, and long blue linen skirt with layered wool over skirt. "Horen this is Lady Shirece. We call her Cheri. Cheri this is Horen."

She extends her right hand. "How do you do? He is no neko or house cat. He is a jungle cat very rare indeed. Welcome Horen. Nice to meet you. I hope we will see you often." She smiled at Kate and whispers in her ear. Tell me the real story. "What real story. Is true he arrived by ship."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:46 am 

Back from hiatus!

Horen blushed and stayed quiet. He wasn't quite sure what to say. He was rather embarassed and he looked down as his old habit of avoiding eye contact kicked in. He hoped he wasnt angering the girls by his quietness.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:05 am 

A girl with reddish blond hair walked up. she wore all fur trimmed clothes and muff, noticed Horen was not talking. "You are rather cute. If Katie said he arrived by ship then it is true. Can't you see he's shy as is all males. You just complemented him. Like my brother he can't take one. The all clam up. Pay them no mind. Your a friend of Katie's your a friend to us. What is rare is seeing Katie with a male that is not her brother. Horen you are the luckiest man in the kingdom. I am Liza O'Mally. Me father is the captain of the 'Catelynn', Lord Lyon's trade ship. Welcome."

Liza likewise semi-curtsied and extended her right hand. "You don't have to kiss my hand. I ain't a Lady. Me father's a weathered ole sea salt."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:34 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen smiled and looked up. He liked this girl. Her attitude and personality drew him in. He took her hand and kissed it gently.

"Every Lady deserves respect Liza...... Its the one thing slavery taught me that I don't regret. It is a pleasure to meet you." He had a gleam in his eye. He was genuinely attracted to this girl. But he knew it was just her personality..... He wasn't sure males like himself even had interactions with females.... He wasn't sure what to do about his feelings, so he buried them as he always had done.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:41 pm 

Liza leaned to him,"Ya not go blabbin' ya was a slave. No harm done with us. I am sure there is a good explanation Katie has a slave. They are illegal in this town."

Cheri had a look of surprise on her face,"Katie you of all people have a slave. Does your father know?"

Horen opened a can of worms. "What I am going to tell you stays here. Papa is still in Seville so legally his still a slave. I do not treat him as such. He will be free once Papa draws up papers for the magistrate. I did not buy him if that is what you think. Not a word to anyone. Papa is due back in three days. "

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:39 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen realized hed spoken out of turn so he stepped back and looked down. He was getting too used to speaking freely. He knew he should have just stayed silent.

"I am sorry Lady Kate.... I didnt mean to cause trouble..."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:13 pm 

Kate lifted his chin, "Your safe. My friends will say nothing. They would ask about you anyway."

Cheri picked up a handful of snow and makes a ball, "There are other former slaves here. Your among friends."

Liza saw Cheri make a snowball and Liza does the same and thew it at Kate. Kate laughed and thew snow ay Liza.

Cheri thew her snowball at Liza. The girls were throwing snow balls. One flew over Kate head and hit Horen in the chest. All the girls looked at Horen in surprise.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:45 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen dusted the snow off in surprise but didnt react. He didnt know what to do so he didnt do anything. He shifted from foot to foot as they stared at him.

"Is something wrong?" He looked between them and didnt understand what was wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:15 pm 

Kate shook her head. "No Horen nothing is wrong. You may pick up snow, make a ball, and throw it at us. This how people play in the snow."
Kate showed how to make a snowball.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:29 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen tried to pick up the snow and copy her. It took him a second try to make one. He was unsure of throwing it at them though. His mind was telling him he would be yelled at or beaten. He shivered and shook away that thought. Lady Kaye had yet to harm him. He believed she wouldn't hurt him so he threw it and hit Liz lightly.

"Like that?" His voice showed his hesitance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next