All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Wolf
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:56 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate knew he was on guard. She did not touch him. Peel pulled up to the bakery just a block away. The could smell the wonderful aromas of pies, bread, and fruit as they neared the store. Chairs and small iron tables filled half the bakery. In back was the glass counter
filed with cakes and pies. The tops of the counter was marble. The back wall was partitioned with breads. On the counter were domed glass for samples of breads, cookies, and bite sized cakes.

Kate gave him 3 silver coins. "You can get thee or four treats. One for now and take home. You love the hot chocolate here."

The mage ordered Ann's request and 3 pastries.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:04 am 

Back from hiatus!

Blog: View Blog (0)

Horen was surprised. She had given him more coins than he had ever held in his life. He knew of chocolate. He had seen his old Mistress enjoy it on numerous occasions. But he had never tried it himself. As a slave he was never allowed any comforts, including food. He chose a simple chocolate cookie and a small package of sugar cookies. those he knew he would like. Sugar cookies had been one of the very few things he had been allowed to have before.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:21 am 

Kate gave him a piece of her pastry. "This is cherry" and this is hot chocolate. Careful is hot.

Kate walked toward the glass dome and brought to the table a sample. "This is chocolate cake. Ann bakes the best cakes. These are good too."

The mage was happy to introduce him to new tasty sweets.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:55 am 

Back from hiatus!

Horen slowly tasted the new things Kate offered. He liked the cake, but it was so sweet he felt he would not really enjoy it much. The cherry though, it was sweet with a tart he very much enjoyed. He smiled as he finished the small pastry. He decided to buy another with the coins he had left.

"I like this cherry one. The chocolate is good, but it is so sweet." He sipped the hot chocolate and winced. It was very hot. Though it was also good.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:42 pm 

Kate was delighted to see him enjoy the new tastes. She liked introducing him to new things. He was wearing him out. After they were home she helped Horen undress. He was still healing. Mostly he was sore and wounds were scabbed over. He was a wolf and his coat was becoming more radiant. Was not nearly as dull as when he arrived. "Sleep until supper. I will wake you. Do you want me to stay with you?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:37 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen had tried to hide his fatigue. But kate had seen through it. SHe had them go back to the large manor. it was almost a castle to Horen. For all he knew it could have been. When she helped him undress he examined the wounds. The deepest cuts were merely scabs now. he was surprised Kate had not questioned his recovery. But he was tired and didnt care to have a conversation for now. "Its okay. I will rest while you go see your family. I will be fine." he laid on the side of the large bed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:33 pm 

Kate pulled the covers over him and smoothed the hair.fur on his head."You did so well in town. I hope you had fun. Thank you Horen I will come up later to check on you. "

The mage let him sleep with orders no to disturb him. Not even Ann bothered him. Kate greeted her father and brother. She gave details about how she met Horen and visit to town. She knew they were curious about Horen's past. They would have find details themselves. It soon came time for dinner. Kate came into his room to find he just awoke.

"How was your nap? Would you like to come downstairs and eat?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:55 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen had slept. But not well. The nightmares never went away. He had had them for months since the last time he had fought the Master. It had been a hellish experience. And only the mistresses intervention had saved his life. Now it haunted his sleep. He woke but was never rested. He had been sitting for a few minutes when Kate entered the room. She asked how he slept and if he was hungry.

I slept.... and yes I am famished." He answered with a low voice. He deliberately avoided the subject of how he slept. It was his own struggle to get past his nightmares.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:52 pm 

Kate noticed his heavy breathing. There was a pitcher of water by her bed and she poured him a glass. The mage hand it to him. "You look like you're in training for a fight. Your face is covered in sweat. Horen what happened?" Kate walks to basin on the dresser and wets a washcloth and mobs his face gently. He still had bruising on his cheeks and eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:51 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen tried to calm himself. He cleared his emotions as his habits from his slavery kicked in.

"I am fine Lady Kate. Just warm under the blankets." He slowly accepted the glass and sat still as she worried over his face and the sweat soaking his fur.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:07 am 

"Do not lie to me Horen. I see fear in you eyes. Something happened. I will not harm you. Please tell me. Was it a bad dream. I can help keep those demons away." She was careful around his eyes. "You eyes are glazed over. Poor wolf your terrified."

She felt his wrist because if she touched his throat he try to harm her. He think she was trying to choke him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:31 am 

Back from hiatus!

Horen tried to control his breathing as she clled him on his lie. He knew she could sense things about him others couldnt. it intrigued him yet made him on guard. He trusted her. But he wasnt ready to open up to anyone.

"I am fine Lady Kate...... It was nothing to worry over." He knew she had to have suspected for a long while. He always woke early when he slept. He was not sure if she had not noticed or had ignored it. But he didnt want to insult her, but he wasnt ready to face any demons yet.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:29 am 

Kate did not push the issue. He was a male they hate to admit their human. I so hate that. Well Papa and Jonathan suffer nightmares too. In silence too. Why would Horen be any different? "You may be my gift and I don't want you to suffer. Even if they are nightmares." Kate covered her mouth, "Oh Horen, you heard that. I am sorry."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:55 am 

Back from hiatus!

Horen looked away silent. He had known he was hers. It didnt bother him...... But she knew he suffered, even if he kept quiet. He sighed. The Master was only a recent addition to the parade of dark dreams that plagued him. Slaves never had a chance to lay their fears and suffering aside. The dealt with it. And he was no different. He supposed she was not used to a slave and that his quiet suffering might genuinely distress her.

"I have had them a long time Lady Kate...... As a slave comfort is not a luxury we experience. We suffer in silence and continue like it doesnt matter...... Do not worry. i will be fine." He stood tiredly. He was sure his sleep wasnt helping. The dreams kept him from a true restful state. They had been worse and worse this last month. He suspected he would just have to become like the older slaves and adjust to only a few hours sleep a day.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:56 am 

"Horen you brave is no sign of weakness with me. I have a gift a talent. It not magic. I help Papa and Johh after battle. They have horrible night terrors. Especially Papa, he will have dreams of his past. He like you gets little sleep. You need rest. I can keep them at bay and, after a time, you realize you cam escape and dream your in a meadow or by the beach, until you have sweeter, better memories. I tried in the carriage when you arrived; you did not allow me. I will not force you. I want to help. Tonight will you let me?"

Kate got up from his bed so he could dress.

Would you like to go for a walk or sleigh ride?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:03 am 

Back from hiatus!

Horen considered her words. He supposed he had nothing to lose if he allowed her to try.

"You can try my Lady. But the terrors are not easy to see or experience." He shuddered. He stood to dress and decided a walk sounded nice in this cooler weather. "A walk sounds like a good idea for me my Lady."

No matter how much she wanted him to just call her by her name, his years as a slave had enforced habits upon him. He had been trained by severe beatings and pain. He couldnt break the habits easily even if he wanted to. Though he was trying.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:09 pm 

Kate lightly touched his right cheek. "Thank you for letting me. Please call me Kate or Katie. You need not be formal in the manor. Your doing well to talk me. I know a slave is not allowed to speak much. I want to know what you think and feel. Conversation is only human. I know you had a lifetime of humiliation, torture, and pain. I am patient. You have much to over come. You will overcome and learn to be free. I want you to experience fun and know not everyone means you harm. Speaking of fun. Please dress in warm clothes. The are in your room across the hall. Your coat, hat, gloves, and scarf are downstairs with Vincent."

Kate changed into warmer clothes. She met him outside his room. They walk down the alabaster stairs and through the great hall toward the back of the manor. Vincent has their winter coverings. Kate takes Horen into the back gardens that are barren and dressed in snow. "I am glad your getting well. Now you can explore your home."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:22 am 

Back from hiatus!

Horen nodded as he gazed out over the snow. He had seen it before. But only in his nightmares. He hoped his trembling could he atributed to the cold. He waved his hand and used a simple spell to change his vision. He saw the same scene, but in a more summer like setting. It only effected his own vision and he hoped it would help him relax.

"It will be pretty here in the summer" he said to himself as the illusion showed him what the area would look like.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:44 am 

Seeing him tremble, Kat snuggled to him. "Yes this is all green and lush. The gardens are in full bloom. The grove of apple trees are full of fruit. I am taking you to the 500 acre lake. Come Summer it is full of catfish. We will fish and swim. There is a entrance to a old dragon temple under the lake. I will take you, when it warms up."

Kate drove him past a horse pasture, apple grove of over 300 trees, and to a large field that emptied into a 500 acre lake.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:09 am 

Back from hiatus!

Horen absorbed all of the sights as they walked. The pastures, the trees. Even the few horses that roamed in the field. It was a breathtaking sight. Even more so at the lake. It sparkled with its sheet of ice.

"Beautiful..." he mumbled. He had released the illusion as she showed him the land.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next