All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Wolf
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:57 am 

Back from hiatus!

Blog: View Blog (0)

Horen had finished eating quickly.

He lead the way to a small abandoned cave. It wasnt very deep, only 10ft or so. But it got them out of the snow and Katie could cook her own food here.

-We can show her the Dragon Cave later love. Lets just cook your meal then get back to the manor before the snow gets deep.- He rested at the entrance while Brevine shifted to her new Wolfkin form to help Katie cook. She was curious about this strange cave they mentioned. But Horen was right. Katie needed to eat so they could return to the manor quickly-

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:05 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate let her food cook. She used magic to start the fire and heat the meat. She was glad Brevine found the cave. Kate had passed the place many time and never thought to go inside. Brevine, Kate thought had never been to Wildwood Shire; yet she knew about the ancient cave. Not many of Wildwood residence knew about the cave. Kate had stumbled to the cave by accident. She cased a catfish into the cave entrance when she was 10 years old. She kept its location secret and carved out many gems for enchanting.

The mage did not want to keep Horen and Brevine waiting and the weather was changing for the worst. "I am taking the rest of the meat with me. The weather looks bad and we do get blizzards here. Horen, Papa and John will need help getting the horses back in the barn and shutters closed in the manor. The boys will have the cider house blizzard proof."

She ran at full speed back to the house with the steak in her sharp teeth. Ann set a light in the attic that Kate and the others followed. The snow fell in sheets thick as fog. "Brevine you will not be able to fly and see us once the storm hits. When we wake up in the morning snows been as much as past the 2nd story. We have had to tunneled our way many times to get out."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:15 am 

Back from hiatus!

Horen made sure that Brevine and Kate mad it into the manor before he went around checking the shutters. Most were closed and secured except one that had blown open. He was still weak, but he managed to force it shut and secure it before entering the Manor himself. He lay by the fire panting and exhausted.

Brevine had changed to wolf again and she came to him and lay beside him. she lay her head across his neck as he shivered, his fur was tipped with ice and she knew he was cold underneath it. She shared her heat with him, getting as close to him as she could.

Feras and Nora were in their room, already retired for the night, cuddling in their wolf forms on the bed to stay warm.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:30 am 

Kate came inside dusting the snow off her clothes. She handed her wet outer garments to Vincent. She helped Peel bring in the horses to the warn, hey infested stalls. The sleigh was brought to the carriage house. The mate was brought to her stall, given oats, and a rub down.

Kate entered the manor's kitchen. She filled three mugs of hot chocolate and marshmallows. The the kitchen filled with the aroma of cooked roast, carrots, onions, and potatoes covered with thyme and rosemary.

"Ann, please carry these to the living room."
"Marie, I need warm towels for Horen and Brevine. I need to find them."

Marie got the hot towels and fallowed Kate. Kate left the kitchen and headed for the stairs near the large open foyer. The mage looked left and right room by room. Kate spotted the two overgrown wolves huddled together by the fireplace. Kate could not help but smile. Marie noticed upon close inspection their bodies quivered. Marie handed Kate a towel.

Kate softly called, "Horen, Brevine it's Kate. I have a warm towel and will bring you a blanket. Ann is coming with hot chocolate."

Post subject: ~
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:08 am 

Back from hiatus!

Brevine stirred and and lifted her head to look at them. She stayed by Horen and put her head on his neck.

~He is still very weak Katie.... The cold was too much for him just yet.~ She was licking the fur on his ears and they felt like chunks of ice.

Last edited by War'nak on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:33 am 

Kate fely Horen's nose, ears, and paw pads. "More towels and a warm quilt. He is so cold his temperature dropped."

"Horen will get you warmed up and dried off. "Lets get him dry and get me socks please, Marie."

Kate placed the warm towel over is head and ruffed his hair-fur on his head. "I know you hate to have eyes covered. Let me get your head dry."

Ann brought a tray of filled mugs the parlor permeated of wet wolf and chocolate. "Ann grabbed a towel and began to dry off Brevine.

"I do not need you to catch cold my dear. Your frozen too. Hot chocolate will warm you too."

Ann followed Kate and ruffled Brevine's snow white head and muzzle.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:34 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen grumbled but let Kate dry his head. He lay still, not really having the energy to move. he felt a little lethargic, he guessed it was an aftereffect of the cold hed endured.

Brevine groaned but let the woman dry her fur. She wasnt happy but at least the ice and water in her fur was gone. She snuggled up to Horen and draped her head across his neck once more.

~I will be fine. Thank you Ann. Horen needs me more than i need the chocolate.~ She sighed and noticed that Horens shivers had lessened some. That was a good sign to her.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:03 pm 

Kate vigorously rubbed her hands together and held them on his ribs. The heat from her hand slowly brought him to 98F. She massaged Horen's back for the first time. She could feel deep scars. Kate remembered him telling her that he was forced to fight in wolf form. She would not want to be at the receiving of his massive teeth and heavy muscled form.
Lying by the fire she held Horen's head in her lap and scratched his ears. She kissed his muzzle. He looked at ease and comfortable. Kate reached over to Brevine and scratched her neck. Marie and Ann covered Brevine in a quilt and left the room.

Kate whispered, "For the first time Horton is in a deep sleep. Are you warm enough?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:20 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen was slowly eased into a deep rest. He felt safe and complete for the first time since hed lost his home so long ago. He drifted to sleep without fear for the first time, draped in the company of his mates.

Brevine sighed.

-I am fine. Why dont you join us? Im sure youll stay warmer in your fur with us beside you.- Brevine flicked her ear casually as the fire crackled.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:50 pm 

Kate nodded and morphed easily in a pure red fox. She was swallowed up nestled between the two wolves. She placed her left front paw over Brevines's paw and covered Horen's back with her tail. Kate looked her family mates and slumbered without worry. Her loves dragon mate was unharmed and home. Soon she would have a place for the tree to live. Brevine was a dragon and deserved a place she could roam freely in her natural form.

It was not long before Kate drifted to sleep. The wind howled and the snow began to fall. The mansion was mostly rock and would hold through to long winter. The rest of the family settled in as the blizzard moved in and continued through the night.

The next morning Vincent woke up and opened the front door. The door way a solid wall of snow. The snow piled up to the balcony of the 2nd floor.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:30 pm 

Back from hiatus!

When Horen woke in the morning he was well rested. Hed slept better then he ever remembered. He yawned and moved his head to see Brevine and Katie curled up right beside him. He nuzzled both and tried to stand without waking them. He stretched and padded away quietly into the kitchen following the smells of food. His stomach growled as he neared the still lit oven. He smelled ham and something else that made his mouth water.

Brevine barely noticed anything. The warmth of sleep kept her as Horen moved away. Her tail reflexively moved around and she slightly curled up around Katies warm form.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:51 pm 

Kate slept soundly and felt Horen get up. She opened one eye them both seeing Horen pad to the kitchen. She likes being all snuggled with Brevine. She has a lovely, fill white, wolf tail covering her whole body. She hardly needed cover. The smell of ham and biscuits with cooked apples wafed down the hall to the parlor. Kate licked Brevine's muzzle and nuzzled her.

" Good morning Brev. Wake up. Breakfast is ready."

Kate slowly arched her back, stood up, and stretched out. She was not used to sleeping on the floor. She did not complain. This was the best she got in her life. The mage turned in a human, wrapped Horen's blanket, and stood beside Brevine.

"Come dear, I may have a robe for you. We can shop for you. Do you want you own room or share mine?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:26 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Brevine stood and yawned before stretching. He shook her fur out with a good vigorous shake that only canines and felines seem capable of that shook her whole body.

-Sharing is fine with me sister. I would share with you or with Horen either way- She padded towards the hall following the enticing smell of Ham. But she stopped at the stairs and waited on Katie.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:53 pm 

Kate led her to the stairway, "Do you need to hunt? I know you have been eating people food but I do think it is enough for a full sized dragon. The forest is also on our property. To the East of the manor, go 1 1/2 miles, you will see a 500 acers lake. The lake is iced over and take your anthro form please if there are people. Dragons have not been seen in Wildwood Shire for several generations. This was a sacred place for dragons. This summer I will take to the cave under the lake. If you want you may have breakfast with us then go hunt. Your choice."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:32 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Brevine nods -I actually prefer my new forms.... They the forms of our mate... And he needs us as close as possible sister.- She turned into her anthro form and stretched as her armor returned to her as she had been wearing it when she shifted.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:00 pm 

(Good to see you sweetie, hope you feeling well)

Kate morphed back into her human for and held her "sister hand." I slept so soundly. Tonight, I prefer my mattress to the floor."

The two "sisters" entered the dining room. Lyons, Jonathan Sara, were all sitting at the table. Lyons and Jonathan stood up. Jonathan smiled at Brevine and Lyons smiled "Good morning. I did not wake you, the three of you were so comfortable by the fire."

The men sat after Brevine and Kate sat down. Ann sat as the last platter was served. "Horen, how are you this morning? I checked on you and you were sound asleep."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:26 am 

Back from hiatus!

Horen had just sat on the floor. His body was still recovering even after the healing, so he preferred to stay in his larger wolf form.

~I am well.... Thank you for asking Ann.~ He lay his head in Katies lap and his tail wrapped around Brevines legs as they sat at the table.

Brevine smiled back at Jonathan and Lyons. "Its quite alright.... That was the best rest of my life."

Feras and Nora smiled and nodded to both as they were eating quietly and conversing mentally.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:29 pm 

Ann set a plate for Horen on the table, "You may stay in your wolf for and eat in your chair. Lyons smiled at Horen, "I am glad you rested and feel better. "Do you mind staying in your wolf for and help digging the the snow away from the house. It snowed above the top of the front and back door. I could use all you to tunnel us out to the shed."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:22 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen chuckled and huffed, hoping up on his chair between Katie and Brevine.

~I wouldnt mind helping at all. Snow is the one thing ive missed most from my youth, aside from my family of course.~

Brevine nodded and petted Horen, she alone knew exactly how he had felt all these years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:00 pm 

Kate sat on the opposite side of Horen. "I will help us get dug out too. When you get tired stop and warm up by the fire. There are plenty of helpers. Later we can roast chestnuts and make popcorn in the fireplace. We sing, tell stories, and have treats and hot apple cider.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next