All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
PostThis post was deleted by War'nak on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:46 am.
Reason: It was an inadequate response
 Post subject: Re: The Wolf
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:51 am 

Back from hiatus!

Blog: View Blog (0)

Horen sighed as she worried over him. He supposed he'd better get used to it now that he had both of his mates by his side. He perked his ears at her last words.

~Hot cider sounds nice really.... But what is this popcorn?...~ he lapped at the water in his glass idly. He knew of chestnuts from his early memories with his mother and brother.... But nothing about 'popcorn'.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:18 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Ann knelt next to Horen, "Popcorn is hard to describe, but it tastes good with butter and little salt. When popcorn is cooked, a pan, with butter, is cooked very hot then corn cornals are added. The corn explodes and white soft solids pop out. Then the popped corn in put in a bowl; butter and salt are added."

Kate swallowed her food, "We can have some after we dig our way out. Papa, Horen, cannot do any hard, physical labor. Ann, it is best he help you in the kitchen. I hope you do not mind, Horen, last night tuckered you out. Today you rest; there will be plenty for you to do later."

Lyons drank his last sip of coffee, "Best we get started. We have a wall of snow to tunnel through, so we can get to the horses. It be toward the end of the weak before we dig out. Longer if we have more snow."

Jonn stood up, "I will get the shovels and am sure the guards will help on the other side."

The others finished their food and offered to help. The ladies worked to get the snow in the front. Kate and Sarah used small fireballs to melt the snow. Brevine used her breath melting snow easily. The dragon joined the men to make their work faster. When all had a path to the drive and stalls, the group gave their outer wear to Vincent. The all gather in the living room for music, singing, cooked popcorn and chestnuts in the fireplace. There was plenty of room for all.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:11 am 

Back from hiatus!

(Hello my dear. I sincerely apologize for my long hiatus.... I have read over this a bit and written you a long deserved reply.)

Horen sighed as he was relegated to kitchen duty, soon taking his anthro form after all had finished their meal. He helped Ann prepare the others warm drinks and snacks as they worked through the day. With his mates help it seemed the paths were made much easier.

His siblings had opted to help the guards around the house as they dug out the path all the way around and cleared snow from the windows. They also helped carve a path to the shed and wood stirafe, helping to move much of the wood to a basement area that the helpers had directed them to.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:47 pm 

Kate and the girls worked to melt the snow and all settled into the ballroom. It was bigger for everyone to be warm. Sara and Jon started a fire while Ann and Brevine served popcorn and gingerbread cookies. Kate heated hot chocolate while the men thawed. Kate played the piano and carols were sung. All were having a good time. Brevine swayed her tail though she did not know the words.

After 10 songs Ann stood, "Since we are gathered. It is time for us to prepare for the Winterfest season. Revelers, dancers, and the tree lighting will happen tomorrow. We each buy a gift for the name pulled out of the Festival hat. We go shopping and watch the shows and head for Heidie for apple cider and dinner. Horen and Brevine you are invited. There will be people say close to us and you should have fun. There will be dancers, acrobats, and music from all over the kingdoms. We will have breakfast and all pile in the sleigh."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:55 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen and Brevine had enjoyed the festive atmosphere of the manor, singing along as best they could even if not knowing the merry songs word for word. They both tried popcorn for the first time, Horen left laughing as Brevine took a whole bowl and jealously gaurded her new favorite salty snack.

Horebs ears perked as he listened to Anns description of the next days events. It was all odd to him. As a former slave he had no recollection of dancing or any of the merry goings that seemed prevailing in a festival. It brought him to somberly brood in a corner after her speach, pondering on what other things might have been stolen away from him.

Brevine lowered her ears and soon sought out Kate for comfort, feeling Horens heavy heart and mind weighing upon her through the bond. " Dear sister.... Something troubles our wolf and its a burden he wont share with me... I am worried..." she whispered over a mug of hot cider as she nodded to the corner where their mate had secluded himself. Even his siblings, across the room, were glancing over at him occasionally.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:13 am 

Kate glanced over and saw Horen was in the corner of the room. She saw the worry on Brevine's face. Kate handed her wolf sister her mug, "He was enjoying himself a moment ago. I will meet you upstairs. I feel a sadness in him too. He will be alright again. This festive time can be troubling too."

Kate padded over to Horen and knelt beside him. She placed her hand over his shoulder and whispered in his ear, "You want to come with me upstairs? You always feel better after a private moment. The others will not miss us. How you feel is more important."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:22 am 

Back from hiatus!

Brevine nodded silently as she made her way out of the crowded room, greeting guardsmen here or there as they too seemed cheery in the warmth of the manor. She gave Feras a soft reassuring smile as he quirqed an ear at his brther when he was speaking to another guardsman. He was worried she knew.

Horen almost flinched as her touch and voice brought him out of his thoughts, unaware hed been sitting and staring into his mug for a time. His hot chocolate now merely lukewarm. He offered her a soft unsure smile and nod.
"I... Suppose.... I am sorry... I was lost in thought..." he avoided the real reason of his brooding, still untrusting of voicing his feelings around so many people.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:35 am 

Kate placed her hand on his mug,"Would you like more? Sorry to startle you. Care to share your thoughts? You seem a bit lost. You are alright. All this merrymaking is new. So feeling mixed up is to be expected."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:09 am 

Back from hiatus!

He smiled at her and slowly lifted a paw to stroke her cheek gently, "No... This is fine. I find it is easier to drink if it cools just a little....I was... Pondering on my past and of things I was denied as a slave.... Even the joy of having such company or food and drink was a rarity for me dearest Kate...." he said softly before sipping his mug and following her towards where Brevine stood waiting in the more empty hallway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:24 pm 

"You will feel better. Soon this will become an annual tradition. You will learn all the song of Winterfest. I am so happy your here to share it with. Horen, I love you. Darling, your making new memories, happy ones." She hugged him and kissed his cheek. "All I want is you. I want you to be happy. I like your smile and laughter. You have come a long way in a few weeks. Tomorrow will be spent in town. Does that make you nervous?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:16 pm 

Back from hiatus!

He couldnt help but to smile at his lovers enthusiasm, knowing she undoubtedly believed he would be well. He too wanted to believe such.... But he knew it would be some time before he could truely shake off his past and its ghosts.
He took her hand in his and sipped his mug of cider, "Yes it does.... Ive never been... Free to roam around so many people before... But with all the snow the town does look mysterious and beautiful..."

Brevibe joined them a moment later, giving both a kiss and a smile as she held a mug out for Katie, "Im glad youfeel better bonded... Your thoughts weighed heavy upon us both..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:41 pm 

Kate hugged her back and rubbed Horen's paw, "We have a special bond that nothing can break. Horen was just realizing all new memories will overcome the past. We are together this WinterFest; we are all happy. It could not be better. You are both two treasured gifts. I love you both."

Kate laughed, "You love your bowl of popcorn. Brev, you can always ask for more. If you want you can whisper to me until you get comfortable asking. I am going to get us more cider and we can take a rest. Would you like to decorate your rooms or make a shopping list? You both need practice ciphering. I need you both to teach me wolf. I only had a basic course."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:48 pm 

Back from hiatus!

Horen gave a genuine slow smile as he kissed katies hand, "Gits we may be, but you love? You werea gift from the gods.... And we couldnt be more grateful to have found you..." he kissed her then, despite the group of onlookers around the room, earning a blushing smile from Brevine as she stayed very close to them.

His kiss was met with a proverbial wolf whistle from his happy brother as he and his mate watched from near the window, smiling as they saw him in a happier moment for a change. They shared a kiss as the joyful mood spread to them as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:54 pm 

Kate felt a warmth from him she embraced him and pressed her lips to his. He had accepted his new life. It was easier with Brevine there. She loved him and was so sweet to pick up on Horen's moods. They were both family. "This will be the best Winterfest ever. I am so happy I have you both to share it." Kate reached for Brevine's paw and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Stay and I will get some more cider. You will both enjoy the town. It will be all dressed up for Winterfest and we will see performers, a puppet show, and have lunch. If you want we can stay for the lighting of the town tree and fireworks. I will keep you away from crowds. Would you like to go in the sled or carriage?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:24 pm 

Back from hiatus!

They both smiled at her return of his kiss and the happy mood she exuded. Both were deeply interested in everything she mentioned, especially the fireworks. Neither had ever witnessed them in person. Horen nuzzled Kate's neck as Brevine chuckled.

"We can't wait to see it all with you dearest..... And we've never seen most of the things you mentioned .... These fireworks..... Seem rather interesting to see indeed." He replied softly as Brevine munched on the last of her popcorn quietly next to them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:28 am 

Kate was excited to show her new family members all that Winterfest was about. She gave Horen one last kiss and took his mug. She hugged Brevine and placed her empty mug in her free hand. She stood up and scurried to the kitchen. She rinsed out the mugs and filled them a golden liquid from the kettle on the stove.

The student mage hummed a holiday song as she returned to the parlor.

She handed the mugs back to their owner, "Here you go. Nice Hot Apple Deliciousness. Tomorrow we will take the sleigh into town. Do either of you have a preference of what shop you want to visit first. We can start at the bakery, toy and magic shop, or watch street performers. We can skip eating here. We can arrive in town early and have breakfast at the bakery or eat at Heidi's. What sounds good Brev? Horen, is there a shop you want to visit?"

Sara left her spot and brought more corn. She filled the bottom of the pan with oil. Then began to shake a copper pan over the coals. The room smelled of popcorn.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21