All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:36 pm 

Give a little time to me or burn this out,
We'll play hide and seek to turn this around,
All I want is the taste that your lips allow,
My, my, my, my, oh give me love

The day had started out like any other Sunday. Thirty-four degrees in early February was normal for London and the locals didn't seem to mind one bit. Scarves, heavy coats, and fur (faux or not) lined hats helped keep the cold at bay. Cups filled to the brim with hot tea or coffee kept hands warm. Those not willing to brave the freezing streets sat inside coffee shops, cafes, and pubs, the warm air thawing their bones. Even during the coldest days, the city was still bustling and moving; maybe at a slightly slower pace, but Londoners didn't let the cold stop them.

Especially not Silver Morgenstern. He welcomed the cold with open arms; the heat made him especially grumpy. Come winter, however, Silver was alert, much more active, and a whole lot more willing to be out and about. He absolutely loved winter and the cold days. Weekends were usually his time to wind down for two days; no work, no school, no going back and forth on the tube. At least Saturday had been that way. The previous day had been a calm day with nothing more on the agenda than to do some laundry and just relax. Unfortunately, Sunday hadn't continued the weekends relaxed theme.

The call came from his oldest brother Saturday night just as Silver was about to fall asleep. It hadn't been a particularly long conversation; at least it didn't feel that way to the twenty-year old boy. Hunter had asked a very simple question that took Silver a moment to register.
'We're all going out to dad and mum's for lunch. Do you want to join us?' A pretty simple question that should need much consideration, right? One would think so. Going to have lunch with one's parents and siblings seemed like a perfectly normal thing to do. But things were a little different when it came to Silver's parents.

His mother Sora was a sweet woman who loved to cook and garden. When it came to her three boys, she was such a doting and loving mother; anything her boys wanted, they could have. Originally from Tokyo, a young Sora decided to go backpacking through Europe and England with a close friend. She'd barely made it through Paris before meeting Henry, a young Englishman on holiday. The two fell in love and were married within the span of three years. Each one of her boys gave her so much joy, but Silver was her favorite. She loved all her boys, but there was something about her last that was special; she could feel it.

His father was a different story. Henry Morgenstern came from old money and was raised with old morals. He tried to raise all three of his sons the way his father raised him: work hard, meet a woman, get married, and have children. The key word in that was 'woman'. Silver had always been different and Henry stopped putting up with it when his youngest turned six. The man was more than pleased with the way Hunter and Sebastian had turned out, but when it came to Silver, he barely admitted he had a third son.

At just fourteen, Silver came out as gay. That did not blow over well with his father. It took Sora days to convince her husband not to kick their child out. For an entire year, Henry didn't speak to his youngest, refused to. It wasn't until Silver went to his father (with a little encouragement from Sora), that the man spoke to him. More like yelled. It was a day Silver tries to forget. If their relationship had been rocky before, now it was ten times worse. Henry barely tried to pretend to be civil and Silver tried to avoid his father at all costs. While his father had never been a physical abuser, he was definitely verbally abusive. Any chance he got he put Silver down. It always resulted in tears on Silver's end.

Needless to say, Silver was not exactly thrilled to be going to his parents' for lunch. Hunter and Sebastian being there would soften the blow some. Had for awhile. Lunch had started out normal; everyone spoke about their weekend and what's been going on in their lives. Sebastian and Alice brought up their upcoming wedding; no date had been set, but the details just kept coming. That alone took up the better part of an hour.

Come time for tea in the conservatory, Henry had his sights set on his youngest son. It started out civil: how is work, how is school, etc. Then Sora asked if he'd been seeing anyone; even though her husband despised it, she supported Silver and his choices. That set Henry off. The next half an hour was spent yelling in blind rage, Hunter and Sebastian yelling to try and defend their little brother, and tears pouring down poor Silver's face. When he couldn't stand it anymore, he just left. After taking several buses (Hunter had picked him up), Silver found himself sitting alone in a pub near his house, upset and well on his way to being drunk.

Notes: it's long and a rough. Sorry if its jumbled (I didn't want to make it too too long).

Last edited by Raz_Raccoon on Sat May 02, 2015 10:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

Post subject: Re: Give Me Love (open)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:28 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Richard McGregger had broken up with is three year relation with a man twice his age. Rich wanted to start fresh and came to the pub to have a drink and think about his life. He came to England on scholarship and was deciding which college to attend. He wore slacks, a blue polo shirt and his hair sandy brown hair was chin length. His beard was a faint shadow he was nursing a pint and looking at the man that looked like he'd been crying. "You look like you need a drink. People say I am a pretty good listener if you care to talk."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:19 pm 

An empty glass in front of him, Silver stared at the bar top, mindlessly counting the lines in the grain of the stained wood surface. Besides the bartender, no one had spoken to him. Not one 'hello, how are you?' since he sat down. In all honesty, he preferred it that way. He wanted to be left alone to his thoughts even though it was a bad place to be in that moment. All he could think about were the events of that afternoon. He kept replaying his father's words over and over in his head. As hard as he tried to push them away, the more he drank, the more they came back to him, hitting him with more force than they originally had. Was there ever a time that man really loved him? Silver couldn't even remember.

When someone suddenly spoke, he was pulled from his thoughts and back to reality. Blinking slowly, he turned his already red rimmed eyes to the owner of the voice. It took him a moment to register the words. Finally he spoke.
"As nice an offer as that is, you don't want to hear about what's bothering me; trust me," he said. "I could use another drink though. It seems that someone has finished mine for me." He smiled faintly; that was his attempt at a joke. Even when not drunk, he was horrible at them.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:07 pm 

Rich was glad the young made a feeble attempt to joke. Richard tossed three shillings in the counter toward the barkeep. "Matt another pint of Guinness for my mate here."

Matt poured the man a frothy beer in a frosted mug. "Here ya are mate, enjoy."

Richard turned his stool facing the man that was about two years younger and looked ripe for the picking.

"Mate, try me. I know ya need a shoulder. Family, not understood, I know your upset and need to unload or ya'll explode. There are plenty of lovely Dolls in the pub and ya ain't taken your eyes from the counter. I has me a think, ya not into the fair sex. I ain't look'n for a fight. Your just about my type."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 1:18 pm 

As he watched yet another full glass be placed in front of him, Silver had to think for a moment. What was this one? Four? Five? Probably more like six or seven. But did it really matter? No. He smiled in thanks to the man behind the bar before taking the cold glass in his hands and downing a few big gulps before the man next to him started to speak once more. Setting the glass down and using his sleeve to wipe his mouth (he really didn't care anymore), he turned to face the stranger.

In all truth, he was right. This man he'd never met before had hit the nail right on the head with this one. Then again, he imagined that by the looks of him, it wasn't too hard to tell that something was troubling him. The tear stains were the perfect indication that something was, indeed, wrong. But just as he was about to open his mouth, the other's last words took him by surprise. What the-

Now, on any given day, it wasn't too hard to make Silver Morgenstern blush. Vulgar things (in moderation and good taste, if there was such a thing) would most certainly do the trick. But that night, with who knew how many beers and a few shots in him, a little flirting did just the trick. Had he not been more than just somewhat **** (drunk), he might have retaliated and flirted right back. Though for the moment, he pushed it out of his head. There were only so many ways he saw this night ending and maybe flirting with a stranger wouldn't be a bad way to end a horrible day.

Looking down, he took a deep breath. May as well say something. The man had bought him a beer and it didn't look like he would give up until Silver told him what was wrong.

"Today was supposed to be a lovely Sunday lunch with my parents and brothers," he said. "But when you put me and my father in the same room, nothing can be 'lovely' or civil; not for long anyway. He's 'disowned' me quite a few times for being, well, gay. It never usually lasts long with my mum talking him down off the ledge. But today was an entirely different story. I can usually handle my dad's remarks, I just thank whoever that he isn't religious because then that would be a whole new mess. Today....I'm not even sure what happened. My mum asked if I happened to be seeing anyone, to which my response was no, then he just...exploded. Telling me I was a horrible person for 'choosing' to be the way that I am, that I should be ashamed for disappointing him and not wanting to 'continue the family name'; his words exactly. He loves to turn it around on himself more often than not. And, to be honest, all of that was fine, it's nothing I haven't heard before. But when he told me that...he never loved me, never even wanted me, that, because my mum wanted a third child, that's why I'm here. He's never said anything like that to me before. Don't get me wrong, I know he loves me, well did, and I rarely ever heard it, but to hear him tell me that... Then my mum started to cry and my brothers started yelling. So I left. And that's my sob story of the day."

Looking up, eyes already watering even though he fought the tears, Silver looked at the man, letting out a small sigh of relief. For a moment, he'd thought the man would have left by now. Who wanted to deal with this age old story? Gay child's parents hating them? It was a little over told. True, nonetheless, but still...

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:01 pm 

Rich knew too well the stabbing rejection of one father. Silver was lucky to have such a supportive mum. Being gay in a traditional family was difficult. Rich was kicked out of the house at 16 and being disinherited by a Lord was a blemish and the scandal and hit the papers.

Rich knew Silver was to drunk to walk. Richard put his arm around Silver's shoulders and he smoothed his locks. "A good cry on my shoulder will make you feel better."I'm taking you home with me. Nothing is gonna happen to you. Just sleep this off, you are gonna be in a wold of sickness tomorrow."

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:58 pm 

It was comforting to have someone to just listen to him; to offer to just listen. An unbiased view also wasn't bad. Talking to his brothers was one thing. They knew how their father was and could only give Silver so much advice about the matter. While they were definitely on his side, they seemed to only tell him the same things over and over; it was like a broken record. Quite frankly, he was sick of it. But talking to someone who didn't know him, didn't know his family, it somehow made it easier... He was too sure why, but it helped.

And everything was fine. Some cute guy with an arm around him, offering his shoulder to cry on when he didn't even know Silver... But then the man's next words caught him a little off guard.

Pulling away, he almost slipped off the stool. Had he not grabbed the edge of the bar and steadied himself, he would have ended up on the floor, the wind knocked out of him. Thankfully that wasn't the outcome. Taking a deep breath, he looked at the other, his dual colored eyes* locked onto the other's face.

"A-as sweet as that offer is...." he started to say, his words slightly slurred "I don't want to be an inconvenience to you. I'm such a messy, whiny drunk. Trust me....you don't want to take me home even to sleep this off. Besides, I live just 'round the corner." Even saying that, he looked confused by his own words. It was then that he looked at the door, blinking slowly. ".....I think. Or is it down the road?" He knew he lived close by, that's why he went there; he could get **** and then just walk home. But for the life of him, and with everything else going on, he couldn't remember where home was.....

Note: two things. Sorry that took so long. My muse is having a crisis. And also, his eyes are different colors. One is an icy blue, the other is a light brown. Just so the 'dual colored' thing doesn't throw you off.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:41 pm 

Don't worry... I am patient. His have different colored eyes are fine... Sty niece's eyes ate that way...One eye is brown with anber tints, the other is green with brown tints. They are pretty.

Rich rubbed his back as he cried. "Your to drunk and upset to go home. Stay the night with me. I have a spare bedroom. Let's get you otta here. Your gonna feel like hell in the morn'm. I got a cure for a hangover. Your gonna feel sick soon. No need in bother'n family. Up on ya feet. Here ya go."

Rich helped the man to his feet and straggle him outside and over to some trees. "Puke ya feel better, mate."

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 am 

As much as he wanted to object to what was going on, Silver didn't even have a chance. He wanted to tell the man that there was no family to bother at home; he'd be surprised if his roommate was even home. But he didn't have the strength to protest anything at this point.

The simple action of moving in general made him feel woozy, but actually being lifted to his feet and taken outside? That certainly churned his stomach and there was no stopping the contents from coming up. He'd barely had time to make it to a little patch of bushes before throwing up. After his stomach was emptied (at least for now) and with a few dry heaves, Silver wiped his mother with his sleeve. He'd have to bleach his teeth after that, but he had other things to worry about.

For a moment, he'd forgotten where he was or even how he'd gotten outside. Carefully yet clumsily, Silver sat on the cold concrete, leaning back against the building and closed his eyes. After that little episode, he felt incredibly dizzy. There was no need to run the risk of passing out by trying to walk.

Note: probably jumbled and confusing, but I feel bad for not posting and wanted to give you something. :(

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:23 pm 

(not at all Raz... you responded well. Thank you. I know your muse and life have been little off. I understand. I takes breaks every now and then. I need rest after too much excitement.)

Rich kept the man stable and sat beside him on the curb. "I will get you water and yogurt when we get home. Rest here a moment let you stomach settle. You will just get car sick. My flat is not far. I do not think I've asked your name?"

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:30 pm 

Pulling his knees up, he pressed his forehead to them and took slow, deep breaths. He felt like he was going to be sick again. Forget getting car sick, he was just trying not to puke all over himself at the moment.

While focusing on his breathing, he didn't really process the man's words. Not the first but anyway. Although, he did catch the last part. Did he ask his name? He couldn't remember.

Turning his head and giving a half smile, he held out his hand (the one without puke on the sleeve).
"My name is Silver," he said. Then, after a moment, as if he'd had to think about it but more like forgotten momentarily, he added, "Morgenstern. My...my last name is Morgenstern." He'd explained that more for himself. Poor Silver was such a mess when he was drunk...

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:54 pm 

The more sober man grasped the drunker man's hand. "I am Richard. Let's get you home n cleaned up. No doubt you had a rough day. Day after tomorrow will be better."

He help Silver stand ad is clear of he pukes again. He takes Silver into his fiat and buckles him in. Richard grabs a trash pail from his back seat and places it in Silver's lap.

"Hold this. You're not the first I have brought home sick."

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:16 am 

Silver let the man- let Richard help him up and to his car. He had to take it a little slow for fear he'd get dizzy and fall. Although, he was pretty sure Richard would catch him before his face became well acquainted with the concrete of the sidewalk, Silver didn't want to take that chance.

In the car, he managed (difficultly) to buckle himself in before closing his eyes and leaning his head back. Inhaling deeply, a faint smile touched his lips. The car smelled nice. While it had a hint of new car smell still lingering somewhere, it smelled more like Richard. Clean, a hint of sweet musk. It smelled wonderful. But he was unable to dwell on that for too long. Feeling the small waste can placed in his lap, Silver clutched it almost gratefully. When the other spoke, he managed a small smirk.

"And here I was starting to think I was special," he said, eyes closing once more.

|| I'm so sorry this took so long. I swear I'm not usually this bad when it comes to posting. Thank you for putting up with it ||

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:35 pm 

(Do not worry. I have my own lateness on CF. I fell and hurt my tail bone and minor skin issues. Other wise I am ok.)

Richard placed a hand on Silver's forehead and feathered his hair with his fingers.

"You will feel better day after tomorrow. I will get you home and put you to bed. Your among friends now."

Richard shifted his Fiat in reverse and cracked down the windows. A bit of fresh air helped nausea. He reached in beck seat and handed Silver a bottle of water.

"Drink this you will not feel as sick tomorrow."

He pulled into the main road and took the most direct rout home. He lived in a flat the overlooked the London's historic buildings. He was able to walk to work if the weather was nice. A small park was with a few blocks. He parked the car after 10 minutes in a covered garage. He walked around his blue car and opened the passenger door. Rich nudged Silver awake and helped the young man with the seat belt.

"I have a keyless entry into my flat and all you have to do is hold on to me."

Rich helped Silver up and straggled with him into his place. The apartment was nicely decorated with contemporary furniture and a few antiques passed down several generations. Richard took Silver into a bedroom om the main floor.
"This will be your room tonight. There is a private bath on the other end of the room."

Richard led Silver to the four poster bed. He propped up Sliver on a post and tuned down the covers. He gently laid down Silver on satin sheets. Rich removed Silver's shoes and coat. He undressed him into a t-shirt and placed his clothes in a hamper. Rich kept the waste can by the bed and covered his new friend.

"Rest easy. You need me holler. I will keep my door open. My room is just above you. Drink as much of the water as you can."

Richard sat next to Silver until Silver went to sleep.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:30 pm 

As soon as he was out of the car, Silver clung to Rich like his life depended on it; he didn't trust his legs to carry him even half a step. He let the other lead him inside and to a room already set up for a guest. Even as he was laid down, his clothes (most of them) were stripped from him and placed aside, Silver couldn't help but wonder how many times this had happened in this room. It was an odd thought and he wasn't too sure why it suddenly popped into his head, but there it was. How many drunken people had been brought home by this man? How many times had he cared for someone who made the stupid mistake of drinking too much? He figured quite a few, but it was really none of his business.

Once the covers were pulled over him, Silver turned to lay on his side, eyes falling shut. He felt the mattress dip then and his eyes opened slightly, a small, tired smile touching his lips. Without even thinking, his hand slipped from under the covers to lightly grip the hem of the other's coat. ...almost as if he didn't want him to go anywhere. In some way it was true. After the day he'd had, Silver didn't want to be alone. At least not in that moment.

"...thank you...for being so nice... I haven't had that...from anyone...in a long...time..." As his slurred words trailed off, Silver fell asleep, his grip on the other's coat not loosening one bit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:50 pm 

Richard knew this mate was in need of someone- anyone who gave a damn. Richard had many friends that got smashed and he brought to his flat. He felt compelled to stay although Silver would just sleep the night. Richard removed his jacket and stayed holding the angelic young man for a bit. Then sleep over to him and it was daylight before both woke up.

Richard woke up first and he was glad he did. He made his fathers recipe for hangovers. He brought Silver the drink.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:29 am 

Much to Silver's surprise, he'd slept through the night. After taking a moment to wake up, he slowly sat up and instantly regretted the decision to do so. It felt like someone was beating his head with a bag of cement, or more like trying to rip his skull in half. Elbows resting on his knees, he covered his face with his hands, a small, pathetic sound leaving him.

He couldn't remember much from the night before; somewhere around drink number five things started to get fuzzy. Unfortunately, he still remembered what lead to his drinking the night before; there was no forgetting that. Taking a long minute, the pounding in his head subsided enough for him to lift his head...slowly. Blinking away the blurriness of sleep, Silver looked around the room, a confused look slowly creeping into his face.

This...was not his room. Or was he still so drunk that he was seeing things? No, that couldn't be it. This room looked completely different. There was no desk full of books and unfinished school work under the skylight. There was no skylight. White curtains instead of blue on windows much taller than the ones in his room. And then his hands moved over his knees, feeling the soft, silky fabric move against his skin. Looking down, he quirked an eyebrow. His sheets were cotton and plaid...not a dark satin. There was no way this was Stella's room (his roommate). So where the hell was he?

That's when he heard the soft padding of feet on hardwood floors just outside the room, his gaze slowly shifting to the door and wondering who would come through it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:29 pm 

Richard left and kept the door open he held a bottle of aspirin and the concoction of his fathers hang over cure that had been passed to him. He knew better to speak at normal range, the man used a softer tone, "Glad your up. Drink this and two of these. Can you have aspirin? I am Richard, we met last night a the pub."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:16 am 

When the man appeared in the door way, a glass and plastic bottle in hand, Silver blinked slowly. Even after he'd said who he was and how they met, Silver was at a loss. It hurt to think and at that moment he couldn't exactly place the face or the name. Yes, he knew he'd gone to the pub the night before, but not much else was very clear. Though, what he did know was that his head was still pounding and he needed something to make it go away.

At the man's question, he nodded slowly.
"I can take aspirin," he said. "Thank you."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:44 am 

Richard moved toward him and handed him the glass and pills. Take these and drink water with breakfast. You slept in till 2:00pm. I know you have no memory of last night. Nothing happened. I stayed with you last night and am glad you slept. I'll get you home when your ready. You may stay as long as you want."