All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:44 pm 

He took what was offered gladly, taking the aspirin and downing them with whatever was in the glass. Silver made no comment about it; he'd definitely had worse. Half the contents of the glass already gone, he almost choked when he heard what time it was. Screw everything that had been said after the fact. There was no way it was already two in the afternoon!! How could he have slept that long?!

Wiping his mouth, he stared at the other, eyes so wide they looked as if they might pop out of his head.

"It's 2 o'clock?!" he asked. "Two...in the afternoon...?" Slowly, poor Silver was starting to freak out. It was Monday, right? It had to be. Lunch with his family had been on Sunday and....

"....oh fu- I missed my class. A-and work? My shift started four hours ago... I'm so dead... My boss is going to kill me."

Setting the glass down and throwing the covers back, he stood. At least he attempted to. But in his attempt, he got a little light headed and had to grab the nightstand to steady himself before he fell. Hungover, it was almost impossible for Silver to not injure himself. Once, he'd broken two toes from slamming them into his own bed. Talk about uncoordinated.

"Where are we and how close is the Tube? If I can catch a train or a bus, I can hopefully make it before I get in too much trouble," he said.

Finally steady, or at least thinking he was, he turned to take a step, his knees wobbling and his legs all but giving out underneath him. He was a mess.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:11 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Richard felt for him, "Relax, take a sick day. You don't look like you would miss work much. Class you can make up. My uncle is a Doc, I can write you a note. Rest and tell me, about you. Right now your no good to anyone. You want coffee or tea?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:42 pm 

Slowly lowering himself to sit on the edge of the bed, Silver took deep breaths. He thought about the other's words for a long moment. School he could make up; nothing had been going on that day anyway, so he wasn't too worried about that. And work...it really wouldn't kill him to miss one or two days... Granted, he'd never missed a day of work since he'd started, but maybe it was time to take a day off. He'd just have to call his boss later on and try to explain. Maybe taking on an extra shift for a few days would make it up to him. But, Rich was right; like this, he was no use to anyone.

Sighing, he visibly gave up.

"Tea would be nice," he said. "Earl Grey if you have any. Or anything black and strong will do. Please."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:49 pm 

Silver was polite. Richard thought it best his new friend stay in bed. "You should call in a stomach bug. Not a whole truth a good excuse. I will bring you some, do you like cream and sugar? Do you think you could keep down porage and muffin?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:27 pm 

Giving a small nod, he had to agree. It would have been better to tell a little white lie to explain why he'd missed his shift. And it wasn't a complete lie; he felt like ****. He looked around then, looking for his clothes...but he didn't see them. No matter that for the moment.

Food sounded good even though he wasn't sure if he could keep anything down.

"No cream or sugar, please, just really strong," he said. "And I think I might be able to keep something down. Just...maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to eat in here... I'd hate to ruin your sheets or this rug," he said with a sheepish smile. He thought it best if he didn't throw up all over the nice sheets and rug; they looked expensive. While he wasn't worried about having to replace them, Silver would feel horrible for having ruined anything in this man's home.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:22 pm 

"Do not worry mate you need to stay in bed. I will fix you some toast. See how you feel in a few hours."
You head will stop pounding soon. Drink water and the drink has yougert. Puts the good bacteria back in your system. I have a waste can by you bed if you feel sick. I have you clothes drying and you can stay the pj's. I will be back if you need it. The bathroom is to your left."

Richard thought Silver was sweet and he needed a bit of TLC. He was gone a few minutes and returned with toast, butter, apple butter, two coffee mugs, pot of Earl Gray loose tea in a large teapot with a defuser, The tea pot was blanketed with a quilted warmer.

Richard set the items on a large tray; carried to his guest room; and set the tray on a wooden bedside table. "Here you are mate. Feeling better?"

Rich handed Silver a plate with the food then poured him tea.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:03 am 

Simply nodding, Silver slowly laid back down. Pulling the covers over himself, he curled up on his side and closed his eyes. The pounding in his head was slowly dying down to a dull ache, but there was no doubt that it would take all day to disappear completely. In the quiet of the room, he was more than happy to let the grip of sleep pull him under in hopes it would make him feel better even by the slightest. But for some reason, even though he was still exhausted, he just couldn't fall asleep even if it would have only been for a few minutes.

Before he knew it, the soft padding of feet entered the room, causing him to open his eyes and sit up. Leaning back against the headboard, he took the offered plate with a smile of thanks.

To the other's question, he said,
"Not by much. My head is still killing me, but I'll survive. I've had worse hangovers in the past." Quiet for a moment, he took a small bite of the toast, wanting to see how it settled first before eating anymore. Setting the food down, he spoke again. "I...I really hope I wasn't too much trouble last night. I can be rather annoying and needy and...just a huge mess when I get drunk."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:44 am 

Rich poured his own tea. "You were no problem at all. The best thing for you was to sleep. I stayed with you all night. I am glad you came home with me. Do not let it bother you. I know room mates can be pranksters when your drunk."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:52 am 

Picking up his cup, he took a small sip as if to test it, holding it in his hands as he stared off across the room.

"I wouldn't really know. My roommate is rarely ever home," he said. "Usually I just get **** (drunk) and go home. No one has to deal with me. Well, except for my brothers on rare occasions."

He shrugged then and took another sip of tea before setting his cup down. "Thank you though, for being nice and putting me up. I really appreciate it. If there's any way I can repay you...just let me know."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:12 pm 

"I am glad to have you. I am sure their will come a time and you may. I know you feel crummy."

Richard opened the night stand and handed him three aspirins. "Take these. Stops the pounding."
Rich sat next to Silver and sipped his tea. "I want to know more about you."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:37 pm 

Taking the pills, he quirked an eyebrow as his gaze found the other's.

"More about me?" he asked. "You mean I didn't spew my entire life story to you last night? Because I have a tendency to do that. Or so I'm told."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:46 pm 

"You were too far gone by the time we met. Silver, I am glad you came home with me. I feared someone might hurt you."

Richard feather Silvers hair and smiled, "You needed a friend. Now your sober. Who is Silver?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:04 pm 

Blushing, ears twitching slightly, he looked away. He had to think a moment about that question. While thinking, he got sidetracked for a moment; that was the same question one of his professors asked the first day of school this past year. He'd thought it odd at first, but then it got him thinking. Rather than just spew random facts about himself, it made him think a little more in depth about who he really was. Just like Rich's question made him think now.

He was quiet for a long moment before finally speaking.
"I am....the youngest of three boys. Definitely mummy's little boy. Unfortunately, I come from old money and I loathe it almost as much as I do my father. I love to travel even though I rarely ever go anywhere but school, work, and home. I've been working in the same pub for almost three years. What else? Uh...I'm a film major and to this day I refuse to let anyone film me, including myself. Pausing for a moment, he had to think about what else he could tell this man. For some reason it had been much easier in an entire room full of strangers instead of just one. "....I'm not too sure what else to say..."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:00 pm 

"It sound like your have many interests. I hate to have my voice recorded and played back. It looks like your in a good field. You want to travel. Where do you want to go?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:18 pm 

Well at least they had that in common. Sort of. Silver's reasons for not wanting to be on camera had more to do than how his voice sounded. In all reality, that's not what bothered him at all; he didn't mind the sound of his voice when it was recorded. His reasons were....a little deeper than that. It was a little depressing, which is why he never brought it up and he was actually glad that Rich didn't ask about it. So traveling was a good distraction.

At the question, he thought for a moment.
"There's lots of places I want to go. I've already been to the south of France; my family has a summer home there but I haven't been in years. Family vacations aren't exactly fun. Especially our trip to Italy. But I digress. I'd love to go to Germany one day especially during the Festival of Lights. Uh...one of these days I'll visit Paris and Japan and maybe Australia. But I would really love to go to places like Africa, South America even." Pausing for a moment, he smiled. "Although...backpacking around Europe and Asia is my biggest goal."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:49 pm 

Richard nodded, "I thought of the same thing. Backpacking and taking a motorbike across Europe and in Asia. It would make a fun adventure. I went to Germany one year for Octoberfest with my family. It was crowded and fun. What languages do you know?"

*The trip was the last before I was made to leave home.* Richard did not want to dwell on the past. He wanted learn more about Silver.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:18 pm 

"Aside from English?" he asked. Picking up his cup, he took a couple small sips before answering. "I'm fluent in French; my dad insisted we all take it in grade school and I picked up a lot from our summers there. I know a little Italian. Oh, and Japanese," he said. "My mum's Japanese and she wanted all three of us to learn it. Sometimes I swear I speak that better than English."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:27 pm 

Richard sipped his tea and was nice to find someone well fluent as he, "My mom made me learn several languages too. She was well traveled and me dad his job kept him away a lot."
Rich saw Silver being happy it was a nice change from last night. "Where you going to college?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:16 pm 

"I go to Met Film School," he said. "It's not too far from where I live but it's quite a trek to get to and from. Especially on the crowded Tube. But I love it; it's worth it. My professors are fantastic and my classes are great. So..."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:23 pm 

"You are happy with your studies. That's good, you should be if your going to spent the time and money. What are you planning this summer? I would enjoy a long road trip. Your toast is getting cold. I should let you sleep."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next