All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Helping Her Majesty
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:44 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Yosef began his search in the town market. He knew the man he was after was a trader, and that he ran a stand here somewhere. All he had to go on at the moment was a vague description and a coin. He reached into his satchel and brought the coin out, playing with it in his hand while he kept the other hand in his pocket. Someone was sure to recognize it if he asked around a bit.

Sure enough, it didn’t take long for someone to kindly point him in the right direction.

-A few hours later; late night-

The middle-aged merchant grunted as he was thrown to the ground.

Yosef stood over him, his eyes gleaming with malice. “My, you must like pain. I’m surprised you’ve held out this long.” He growled, “Usually, they talk by now.” He added as he cracked his knuckles and laughed softly. Upon his expression, there was a grin which showed the whites of his teeth. “Oh but, please, take your time. I can do this all night.”

“I’ve told you, I don’t know what you’re talking about,” the merchant said, voice high with nerves. “I swear! I don’t know any ‘Trent’.”

“Save it, I know you’re full of ****. The kind man who led me to you said you knew him. Just tell me where I can find him and I’ll let you get back to your business.”

“N-no…”

Yosef reached out for the man’s throat, digging his claws into flesh as he lifted him off the ground. “That son of a ****ing took someone precious from me… I intend to find him, and you’re going to tell me where he is.” His growl was deeper that time, more to intimidate. He was far from losing his patience.

“Ghal… he-he would be in to the Kingdom of Ghal during this time of year. There’s a large underground trading operation.” The man breathed out, trembling in the fox’s grasp. “He runs it…”

“Thank you,” Yosef said calmly, releasing the merchant. The merchant let out a sigh of relief and scrambled to his feet. The fox grinned as the merchant took a few steps, and then he lunged for him, dagger out, severing the man’s head clean from his shoulders. “You were a big help,” he murmured quietly.

Then, he headed for the inn and called it a night, hoping Kyra was already there.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:58 pm 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)

She sits at the inn and drinks for a while and then orders some food, she wonders how Haro is doing so she gets up from the bar and walks outside into the forest and looks after her companion for a few hours.

When night starts to fall she decides to head back to the inn and walks into the bar and sees Yosef sitting at a booth, she walks over to him and sits across the table from him with a small smile.

"So how was your search? I hope you got some where with it." She smiles softly.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:14 pm 

Administrator

Yosef looked up at Kyra when she spoke to him, “Ah, there you are!” He said with a bit of enthusiasm. In spite of being tired from such a long day, he was still pretty energetic. “I hope you’ve enjoyed yourself this evening.” No sooner had he said that, his mood shifted slightly, “My search has gone a lot better than anticipated.” He looked serious, possibly still replaying the merchant’s words in his mind over and over. Ghal… Kingdom of Ghal…

“I went ahead and ordered us something to eat, I hope you don’t mind. I plan to leave a lot earlier than planned and figured a nice, hot meal before resting up was appropriate.” He added. “If you still want to come with me, my next destination will be the Kingdom of Ghal.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:22 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

As soon as he says their next destination her smile turns into a deep frown. The flicker of pain and terrible memories returned to her eyes as she stares at him with fear. As she talks she stutters but attempts to hide it. "Ghal.... The Kingdom of.... Ghal..." Her voice shakes with fear as she attempts to stand up to walk away but sits right back down and puts her elbows on the table and her head in her hands in sorrow.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:53 pm 

Administrator

Her facial expression told Yosef everything. “So… you’re familiar with it then?” He didn’t make any further inquiries. Such a strong, fearful reaction made him wince slightly. He had us suspicions about the kingdom when he had first heard of it, but now everything was confirmed; it was a terrible place. He was becoming more and more determined to head there and find his sister. Who knew what she was going through…

“I said when we met that I wasn’t going to pry into your business,” he informed her, unsure if he was being reassuring or not. “If you don’t want to come with me, I understand. Either way, that is where I need to go.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:01 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

She sighs lightly and figures that he should know what happened and why she dreads to hear the name of that dreaded place. She takes another drink and begins to tell her tale of why she is so afraid of The Kingdom of Ghal.

"It all started when I was a child. My mother and my father had recently taken their vows as King and Queen, afterwards they had me. And well, when word got around the Kingdom that I was born with the ears of a wolf and the power to freeze things with a single touch or step. I was resented for it. Soon after my parents died when I became 15. My father died in the war, and my mother killed herself from depression. I was raised to become a Queen but when people in the Kingdom heard of my early ascendance to the throne, they rioted. They started to burn down the town and castle and chased me out into the forest for me to die. Even though I was young, Haro found me and taught me how to survive on my own. When someone from the Kingdom caught a glimpse of me in the forest, a reward was put up for my death so I would never gain control of my Kingdom."

She looks at Yosef with saddened eyes as a small tear fell down her porcelain skinned cheek. She quickly wipes it away to avoid embarrassment.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:20 pm 

Administrator

The fox listened to everything Kyra was telling him in silence. Her story had definitely touched him. He could feel resentment burning in the back of his throat, causing him to tense slightly. Suddenly, he no longer had an appetite either. When their food arrived, he didn’t touch much of it at all.

“I’m sorry this has happened to you,” Yosef said, keeping his voice low, his tone filled with sorrow. He glanced toward somewhere in the room out of the corner of his eye, “You know, that sounds similar to the reason I’m on this quest. I’m hunting down a man named Trent… he kidnapped my sister, or rather she was sold to him.” He fell silent, looking down at the table.

After some thought, he looked back to Kyra, “Perhaps we should travel there together. We both have our reasons, think about it… Do you want to gain control of your kingdom?” He paused, and then added. “I’m going to call it a night. I’ll be taking my leave at dawn, just before the sun peers over the horizon. You have until then.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:36 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

She stays silent as he says explains what happened to his sister. "I'm so sorry that that happened to you." She pauses and looks down to the table and sighs lightly with a small nod, she looks out from under her hood at him and sighs once again. "I rented us a room for the night, they only had one but I made sure that they had separate beds." She puts the keys on the table in front of Yosef. "But if you want to be alone then I have no problem sleeping outside with Haro." She goes to stand again and succeeds as she starts to walk out of the doors of the inn and to go outside to sit with Haro.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:42 pm 

Administrator

Yosef stands from the table as well, grabbing the keys, and quickly catches up to her, placing a hand on her shoulder gently, “I’m not going to make you sleep outside. But, if you want fresh air, I won’t keep you from that.” Silly girl, he thought. Though he supposed he understood where he was coming from. She… she was just like her, his sister. Kind yet timid. It made him hope that she did decide to come with him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:47 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

She flinches lightly at the touch on her shoulder and feels her face turn bright red as she blushes. She turns to him and smiles, looking up at him happily and then nods lightly. "If you say so." Her voice is soft like silk as she speaks to him.

My Character's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:24 pm 

Administrator

Yosef nodded and went to their room.

The next morning, just when the sun was beginning to peer over the horizon, he stood waiting for Kyra. He had gotten up pretty early and gone out to get another horse for the trip. He was going to need one for the long trip ahead of him. Riding on the stag had been nice, but he preferred to have his own space. Not to mention it would be easier to have an extra animal for carrying things.

A few minutes passed and still no Kyra. As much as he was driven to help her, he couldn’t wait forever. Word of the merchant’s death had spread. It wouldn’t be long before he was questioned; he wanted to be out of here before that happened.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:30 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

She gets up in the morning and starts for the forest, she whistles lightly. A moment passes and Haro bounds from deep within the forest, without stopping he runs past her as she jumps onto his back and rides to meet with Yosef. It takes longer than she had anticipated and catches him right as he is leaving. "Sorry for the wait. Haro took longer than usual." She emphasizes this statement and Haro shakes his head clearly knowing what she meant by that. "Now then, lets move along, word of a merchant dying has spread and I assume you had something to do with it so come along. I have a Kingdom to take back." Her voice becomes more fiery when she mentions taking back her kingdom, longing for revenge.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:06 am 

Administrator

Yosef smiled widely when Kyra spoke. He was both taken aback by, and admired this determination. “Yes, the sooner we’re out of here, the better,” he said with a nod, mounting the horse. There was no doubt about it. Kyra really was like his sister, especially now that she has showed this side of her. His expression softened a little as he thought of her.

He urged the horse to get moving, leaving the town behind them. They had quite the trip ahead of them.

Once they were a some distance away, Yosef suddenly urged the horse in a different direction. “We’ll need to make a stop prior to heading to Ghal,” he informed Kyra. “To prepare.”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:17 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

She smiles as they wander, thinking of the road ahead and what will it lead her too. A though suddenly came into her head, "What if I don't want this and I'm just trying to convince myself I do...?" She was in deep thought for a while as Haro went on, he knew where he was going so she didn't really have to control him. She just sat on him straight up as normal.

When Yosef turned a different way, Kyra was blasted out of her thoughts and focused on what was happening at that moment. Haro was caught off guard by the sudden change but smoothly caught up after being surprised and making a hard stop that shook Kyra out of her zone.

When Yosef told her that they had to make a stop she was going to object and say that this has to happen now, but her mind was changed when he brought up that they have to prepare. She didn't think about preparing, she was just going to go in and freeze everything in her sight until she got what she wanted. But thought that preparing was probably the better idea.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:24 am 

Administrator

A few hours later, they reached a town.

“Well, here we are,” said Yosef. “I plan on staying here a day or two. That should be enough time to plan our move.” The town was small, small enough to pass as a village. It was a relatively peaceful place. There was no need for the protection of high walls, due to its location being off the beaten path. Not many ventured here, save for the weary travelers occasionally wandering here after losing their sense of direction.

It was, as the fox said, perfect for strategizing.

Yosef led the horse over to the stables, dismounted, and tied him up near the other horses. He then turned to Kyra and said, “Oh, by the way. The person we’re going to meet is a little quirky. Don’t take anything he says too seriously.”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:41 am 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

She casts a weary face around the village making sure nobody seems suspicious, although nobody seems to know what happened to the kingdom she refuses to take her hood down. She gets off of Haro and lets him wander the forest.

She stands close to Yosef, as they walk her hand accidentally brushes against his, she blushes and quickly pulls her hand away in a flurry of embarrassment.

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:10 pm 

Administrator

Yosef wasted no time slipping through town toward their destination. Even though they were completely safe here, his old habits were what made him stick to the shadows of alley ways. He moved quickly and quietly. There were a few ways to go about getting to his old friend, sticking to the shadows was one of the easiest. He wasn’t sure of Kyra’s abilities, and didn’t want to lose her if he were to take an old shortcut.

It wasn’t long before they reached a hut on the other side of town, sitting upon a hill. The fox grinned and shook his head upon taking in the view, “That guy never changes.” There were several trees around it, and a fireplace near one of the stumps. There was also a rock formation around the hut. The formation was unnatural; the hut’s resident purposely set everything up like this.

Looking to Kyra, Yosef said, “Stay here.” He approached the hut and knocked on the door. No answer. He knocked again. Once more, he received no answer.

His ears picked up the sound of movement approaching him from behind, and he smirked. He should have known. The one trying to sneak up on him lashed out. Quickly, the fox reached for his dagger, stepping out of the way simultaneously, and using his free hand to grab the wolf’s wrist. As soon as he had him pinned against a tree, dagger at his throat, he let out a chuckle. The pinned wolf grinned.

“You don’t change, just as sharp as ever, boy!” He said.

“I should have known you’d pull something like this,” Yosef let out a sigh. “I didn’t come here just to shoot the breeze and catch up. I have a lead on where to find Batya, in the Kingdom of Ghal, and…” he looked to Kyra, gesturing for her to approach. “There’s her. Apparently she’s the heir to Ghal’s throne.”

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:27 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

She watches as Yosef wrestles the wolf to the tree, she moves to do something but stops herself before revealing her secret. When Yosef reveals her secret for her she takes off her hood revealing her unmistakably wolf ears and bright blue eyes. Anyone could recognize the heir from a mile a way.

She looks at the wolf named Batya and nods lightly. "I know it sounds insane but it's true. I am the daughter of Balthazar and Hina Oakheart. And I seek revenge on the people who chased me out of my rightful place."

My Character's

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:30 pm 

Administrator

The wolf looked Kyra over carefully, “I like the way you think, girl.” He says with a hardy laugh. “Revenge is a dish best served cold, as the old saying goes. How would you like that dish prepared?” He pounded his fist into his open palm as he made his inquiry. “Medium-well? Or perhaps well done?” He laughed again and grinned widely, looking into Kyra’s blue eyes, “If you ask me, well done is the best way to go about revenge.”

The wolf backed up slightly, holding out his hand, “I’m Orden by the way.”

Yosef kept an eye on his old friend in case he tried anything. For the most part, the wolf was harmless, he wasn’t going to do anything dangerous. But every now and then he would get… odd. That was why he had warned Kyra prior to their visit. He prayed that his friend wouldn’t get into one of his odd moods.

“Oi, Yosef? If it’s a revenge quest we’re tackling, do you want me to contact the rest of the gang?”

Yosef shook his head, as if he had been anticipating the question all along. “No, I don’t think that will be needed just yet.” Typical Orden. He always wanted to take massive armies, and that wasn’t always an exaggeration. Orden liked things to be in large numbers. He always said it was more helpful, but that was where Yosef disagreed. The fox liked to be subtle.

Orden frowned, “Oh, alright then. How long are you planning on staying?”

“A few days at most. I do have a favor to ask of you, though. I need to know where the underground trader’s market is located.”

The wolf grinned, “That I can do. Now, why don’t you come inside? I’m sure you’ve had a long trip.” He walked toward the hut, motioning for Yosef and Kyra to follow.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:45 pm 

College is blah

Completed RP (2)

Kyra watches as the wolf named Orden looks her up and down, feeling a bit odd as he watches her and looks back at him. "I'm sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by well done but I assume it means doing it very well done and possibly killing everyone." She nods lightly as she shakes his hand lightly.

"Kyra... Well soon to be Princess Kyra I guess."

On the mention of a gang she tilted her head. She wondered who the gang was and what Yosef did in his gang. Kyra follows Yosef into the fox's hut staying close to him.

My Character's

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next