All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:24 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Jack flew quietly over the city, in search of others of his kind. He was a winged human, a genetic experiment, and he had heard of sightings of another of his kind in the area and come to investigate. It was getting close to evening and he had still seen nothing after hours of searching, so, disappointed, he decided to make one last circle before finding a place to sleep for the night. His brother, who had sent him on this quest, would be displeased that he hadn't found anyone, but he didn't really care.
Distracted by his own thoughts, Jack wasn't really paying attention to his search anymore, or even watching where he was going.

[So, he needs a mate. I ask for a girl character between the ages of 16-18 and either his own kind or a normal human. In either case, I ask that she be emotionally sound -I don't want him to have a mate that's more psychologically damaged than he is- and not have been "with" anyone before because the culture of him and his "flock" of friends would frown upon that and distrust one who is not loyal to their mate... Also, for a human, I ask that you post to tell me, so I can go on with this a bit so they can meet. :) ]

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:57 pm 

Jack flew over the city, scanning the area for others of his kind. He had been sent by his half-brother, James, to investigate sightings of another winged person in the area. He scanned the sky and the building tops with his eyes, flying in large circles and covering as much area as possible. He had been at this all day now, and had found nothing so far. He was beginning to become disappointed. It was just then that he saw something flying above the city, too big to be a bird, and too small, low, and moving in the wrong way to be a plane. He flew over, hoping he had found what, or who, he was looking for.
---
Every honk of a car, the groaning of a machine, people yelling out their cheer or rage, and the music that blared loudly in stores echoed and hummed into her ears. Her leg dangled on the edge of the building while her other was propped up for her to hug closely as she looked down at the city lights that tried to fight off the darkness of the night. The city was alive, just the way Audre liked it.

The wind whipped her long black hair around her, but she didn’t care and part of her barely felt the cold as she muscles hummed along with the city in excitement. She took a steady breathe to control the adrenaline that pulsed through her. Standing up and planting her feet at the very edge, a smile spread across her face. Audre’s hands clenched then relaxed as she shook the tension off, and rolled her shoulders in preparation. Finally with one last breath she leaned forward ever so slightly before nothing was underneath her anymore.

Free falling off the building Audre closed her eyes relishing the feel of nothing holding onto her, nothing to keep her from just falling. Timing it out right her eyes snapped open to the streets below and she released her black wings open. They caught the air and she surged forward with a good amount of space still between her and the cars. Even with so many people out she didn’t care about who saw her, at this time of night she would be nothing but a blur, and if anyone did get a good glimpse of her, they would blame it on the alcohol. She flapped her wings to gain more altitude and allowed her wings to guide her in any direction that felt right to her.

Audre saw that one of the tallest buildings had finished making a sort of platform, probably for any aircraft to use for landing. There was a small opening between the landing and the top of the building. A mischievous grin formed on her face as she forced her wings to add more speed to push her forward.
----
Jack flew after her, wondering what the she was doing. He picked up speed as she did, wings moving almost automatically to do so. "Hey!" He called after her, hoping to get her attention so she would slow down, as the place she seemed to be trying to fly into seemed sort of dangerous. At this point, he couldn't tell much about her, only that her hair and wings were black and her clothes were mostly dark. The rest of the details were lost to the distance and darkness, and curiosity compelled him to fly faster and get closer.
-----
The wind whistled loudly in Audre’s ears and her heart pounded in her chest as she was getting closer to the building. She was only a minute from the landing and she had no clue how long it was nor did she really care. She’ll pass through that space, she was sure of it.

Just a second from the gap, she crossed her arms over her chest, wrapped her wings around her body, and forced her thoughts to remain calm as she relied solely on the speed she gained to shoot her through. Like a bullet she pierced through the space and for a second the wind wasn’t howling in her ears and there was a sudden silence. The wind greeted her on the other side of the building and she spun herself to release her wings.

Audre forced out a shaky breath as she begun to laugh out her relief, the gap was smaller than she thought. Trying to regain some calm she turned and flew to the roof of a lower building in hopes to land and take the time to relax. Her feet landed lightly on the roof and she allowed herself to laugh louder. What she did was beyond reckless. By the time she caught her breath and wondered what she would do next, she heard a familiar sound of wings. But she wasn’t flying. Utterly confused and wondering if she was hearing things she turned towards the sound and looked up.
----
When she went through the small space with so little extra room, Jack realized that there was no way he could do the same. He swerved at the last second, turning and rolling in the air to avoid smashing into part of the building.
Instead, he flew around, resuming following her on the other side, his heart pounding after the near-crash with the building. What was this girl doing? He was still following when she landed on another building's roof, and he circled a few times before landing as well, trying to think of what he should say to her.
----
And she thought that people wouldn’t believe their eyes if they saw her, but there was no way Audre could trust her own eyes at that moment. It was another person with wings. She heard the rumors but she couldn’t, didn’t want to hope, and there he was circling around her like a vulture. Was it one of the fliers who tried to escape with her all those years ago? Or were there really more people like her out there? So many questions buzzed through her mind as she continued to stare at this stranger circling around her.

This had to be a dream, there was just no way! Audre’s mind screamed out. Everything told her to run from him and know that this had to be a dream, a hallucination. Everything told her to go to him and hug him, to see if he was real, to prove that she wasn’t alone anymore. So she remained still and waited. Feigning indifference as she placed a hand on her hip.
----
Jack folded his wings after landing, looking at her curiously as he walked over. "Hello.. Who are you? Are you new around here?" He said, still not exactly sure what to say. He really wouldn't have any idea whether she was or wasn't new around here, as usually he avoided the city and kept to the less populated areas and forests surrounding it.
----
He spoke to her with obvious curiosity in his golden eyes. Audre looked this guy up and down, it was hard to tell but his hair was definitely some shade of brown and so were his wings. He was lean with some toned muscle, since he was a flyer he should at the very least be able to throw a punch. One clear thought rang in her mind, he’s the one everyone was talking about.

She tilted her head still acting indifferent before she said, “You’re the one new around here. What’s your name?”
---
Jack looked almost amused at that, "I'm not new, unless you just mean to the city. I've been in this area for the past four years. Anyway, my name's Jack. What's yours?" He said, looking at her more closely now. She was shorter than him, thin enough -fliers were pretty much never anywhere near overweight-, and had dark blue eyes as well as her black hair and wings. He actually found her to be pretty attractive, although he made no comment on that. after all, he wasn't here to "pick up" a girl, as a normal person would say, nor were such things really his style. He also noticed the gun holster on her leg, and silently wondered if she had noticed his sword yet, and what she'd think of that.
----
Audre’s smile slipped away upon hearing that he’s been around for four years. If what he says is true, why haven’t they met when she got out? Why wasn’t he there to help their kind to get out of the lab? She shoved those thoughts aside and tried to regain her composure as she answered, “Audre. And sorry I just assumed you weren’t from around here seeing the antique you have at your waist.” The easy smile returned as she quirked an eyebrow at him in amusement.
---
He nodded a bit. "It's a gift from my brother." He said when she called the sword an antique. "And you're alone?" He asked, verifying the rumors. They had always referred to just one other flyer, travelling alone over and around the city.
---
Brother? So there were more of them, of people like her. Why didn’t she find anyone before? The thought of being alone for two years infuriated her. But, is that the reason to why he was here? It wasn’t a stretch to believe that word about her reached him too.

Jack’s question caused her heart to tighten with remorse. She tried to sound fine with it but her voice cracked when she said, “Yes I’m alone.”
---
Jack looked concerned, and frowned when she looked upset by his question. Perhaps she hadn't been alone before, but something had happened to her companions, he thought. That thought upset him further, reminding him of his own lost companion, Rosy. He put the thought out of his mind and focused on the situation at hand instead. "Would you like to remain alone, or join us?" He asked.
---
She did her best to not show too much hope, and tried to believe that this was not a dream. Holding her hand out to Jack for a handshake and she answered, “Sure I’ll join you. The city is getting a little boring anyways.”
---
Jack shook her hand, "Follow me, then." He said, unfolding his wings to take off. "You don't mind meeting many new people, right?"
----
He was real, and she was going to meet more people. She felt a tear trickle down her face and she did her best to wipe it away before Jack saw it. Clearing her throat and taking her hand back she smiled and said, “I don’t mind at all.”
---
Jack was watching her, and saw the tear. "You alright?" He asked, concerned, as he took off to lead her back to his home. He decided to introduce her to the ones that lived with him first, before his brother's group. The group he lived with was smaller, and also less threatening, being mostly children.
---
Audre followed suit flying behind him. She looked to the side embarrassed, she never really realized how much she wished for others like her. This was really starting to feel like a dream to her. She did her best to answer quickly said, “Of course I’m fine, I just had something in my eye. What I did a few minutes ago wasn’t easy I hope you know.”

Bring her eyes to look at Jack she started to wonder about the people she was about to meet. What they were like. Her mind was so muddled and confused she was having a hard time imagining, so she’ll allow Jack to take the lead for now.
---
Jack looked back, and nodded to her. "I know. I almost crashed, trying to follow you. That was pretty dangerous." He commented to her. His home was maybe half an hour's flight from the building they had landed on, so he figured they had time to talk before they got there.
---
Audre laughed at Jack and his comment of nearly crashing. “Please, you came out just fine.” She said, before she paused. A question was starting to form on the tip of her tongue, one that came to her the second she saw him flying around her. She would save that question for later, they may be the same but they were still strangers. Instead she went after a simpler question, “How far is your home?”
---
"Yeah, I only almost crashed." He said, nearly pouting. "My home is about half an hour away from here. Any more questions?" He asked as they flew towards his home. He had at least a few of his own questions for her, but he figured those could wait.
---
Where was she going to start? It was obvious that she would have questions, but so should he. Then again Jack was probably used to this. “Let me just take this one step at a time.” Audre answered, she had to admit to herself at the very least that this whole situation was a bit overwhelming.
---
Jack nodded to her, "And that first step is getting there and meeting the others?" He asked, curious as to how this would go. "Have you met others of our kind before?"
---
This time she chose to stay quiet, the regret of leaving everyone back there, in that place. The pain of it lessens every day, but she hasn’t told anyone about it nor was she going to. She still remembered the metal doors sliding down and locking trapping those behind her. There were moments she feared that she wouldn’t make it, that she would end up on the other side unable to get out.
---
Jack looked back at her again, concerned when she didn't answer. "I'm sorry, you don't have to answer, if something bad happened." He said, assuming that that was the case. He was quiet for the rest of the trip, and began to land near a house on the very edge of the populated area around the city, on the border between that and a large forest. "We're here. Would you like to wait a few minutes, or just go in now?"
---
Audre looked around the place. She was cold, tired, and a bit lost. Even though the city was nearby the noise was muffled less familiar. Taking out her jacket from her bag she placed it on to feel warm, and a habit when she entered buildings with people inside. “It’s alright, I’ll come inside.” She said trying to act calm, but she was nervous.
---
Jack nodded to her, leading her up to the house and holding the door open for her. The inside of the house was fairly normal, as the door led into the living room, which was attached to the kitchen and contained stairs leading up to the upper level of the house where everyone's bedrooms were. The room was empty at the moment except for three small children, who appeared to be around eight, sitting on the couch and watching cartoons. Two were obviously closely related, with the same pale hair and eyes, as well as bat wings and what appeared to be cat ears. The third child, who looked almost shockingly different from the other two with her dark red hair and black wings, jumped down from the couch and ran to greet Jack. That being done, she looked up at Audre curiously, "Hi. Who are you?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:28 pm 

Blog: View Blog (13)

Audre studied the home, it was warm and also welcoming, but she never felt like an outsider as she did now. She’s never been in a place where she would call it home, since the day she left her parents Audre never really made the effort to find a home. Seeing the three children before her made her throat tight, they were so young, no older than ten. One of them had dark red hair and black wings, Audre stood still looking at the girl trying to keep from observing her too closely as the girl walked over to her and said, “Hi. Who are you?

Glancing over at Jack she wondered about what impression she gave him that made him believe that she was ever good with kids. It was too late to ask and the little girl continued to stand before her. To keep the silence from turning awkward she knelt to the ground to be at eye level with the girl and said, “My names Audre.” She tried to give a pleasant smile as she shot back the girl’s question, “Who are you?”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:44 pm 

Jack only smiled as he watched them quietly, unconcerned, as Onie was usually good with everyone. "I'm Fiona. But everyone calls me Onie." The girl said to Audre. Besides the wings, her eyes were also unusual for a human, as they were a light, pinkish red, and they were unusual for their kind in that she needed and wore glasses. She looked up at Audre curiously, examining her appearance. "Are you Jack's friend? Are you going to be staying here?" She asked, curious as always.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:08 pm 

Audre couldn’t help but stare at Onie’s eyes. It was such a soft color but the light made them strikingly bright, the oddity of the color reminded Audre of Jack’s golden eyes. She fought the temptation to look back at Jack and his eyes. Instead she shook her head and said, “No I just only met Jack. As for whether I’m staying.” She trailed as she turned taking the time to casually looking up at Jack.

Now that they were in better lighting, she could see that his hair was in fact dark brown, and so were his wings but they had an edge of gold to them. Just like his eyes. He still looked pretty scrawny but there were now shadows detailing a fair amount of muscle in his arms. She had to admit, he was kind of cute. “Well?” Audre asked, almost in a demanding tone, she was tired after all but she toned her question down by adding a smile. “Am I going to sleep here tonight?”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:31 pm 

"Oh, okay." Onie said, shrugging a little and smiling. She noticed Audre staring at her, but didn't seem to mind.

Jack nodded, "Yeah. We have an extra room where you can stay, I'll show you a bit later, once you've met everyone." He said, still watching her. She was prettier in the light, where he could see her features more clearly. He also noticed that her wings had a blue shine to them when the light hit them. "Are you hungry? I could get you something to eat." He asked, unsure if she had eaten recently, remembering that finding food had been a fairly big issue for him and his group before they settled here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:48 pm 

“I'm fine, I eat before I go flying.” Audre said reassuringly to Jack as she returned a smile to Onie and stood up. At the suggestion of meeting more people caused her to look around. Now that she thought about it, Jack is probably going to have her meet the person in charge. Were there any adults running the place? Or were they the oldest of their kind? Audre caught herself from laughing at the silly idea, it would be terrible if she was one of the first to be made, if so a place like this wouldn’t be here for the kids. Still the idea of the experiments starting before her time and continuing on to effect a sweet kid like Onie was heartbreaking. Controlling her bitterness and keeping it from showing, she gave Jack a casual smile as she waited for him to continue showing her around.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:18 pm 

"Alright." Jack said to her, before calling up the stairs to the others in his group. Before long, they came down the stairs. Besides the three kids, there were five more living here. Jack told her their names and a little about them as they came down the stairs.

The first was a young man who looked to be only slightly younger than Jack, with black hair and light blue eyes as well as having dappled gray wings, sort of like those one would see on a pigeon, and furry, pointed, dog-like ears on top of his head that matched the color of his hair. "That's Eli, he runs this place when I'm away."

The next were a pair, who looked to be about fifteen: a boy with lighter brown hair, golden wings, and green eyes, and a girl with bright blue eyes, blond hair, and pure white wings. They were holding hands, "Angel and Brandon, they're always together."

The last to come down was another pair, near identical girls who looked to be about twelve. They both had the same dark brown hair and wings and golden eyes as Jack did, but there was more gold in their wings and also gold in their hair. "Rina and Ren. They're my sisters. Twins."

The group assembled in the living room, looking at her curiously. Jack decided to let her introduce herself to them, not wanting to speak for her while they didn't even really know each other. He smiled at her in a reassuring way as the others still looked at her curiously, waiting for her to speak.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:39 pm 

It took everything in Audre to keep the wave of turmoil from shaking her. Jack was the oldest, and seeing that he didn’t look anything older than eighteen meant that she might be the oldest too. All these years he’s been helping these kids, helping them escape whatever lab made them. And what has she been doing, nothing. Faces of the ones she could have helped flashed in her mind, reminding her of the time that she left all of them, even her parents. She didn’t belong here.

Still Audre continued to nod her head as Jack introduced everyone and she held a casual smile keeping back her negative emotions in check. She wouldn’t allow her emotions to get the best of her, not in front of the kids. “Hey everyone, I’m Audre. It’s nice to meet you.” Audre greeted, her voice light and covering up the amount of self-loathing within her.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:07 pm 

The others nodded to her, most of them saying hello and introducing themselves, unaware that Jack had told her who they all were already. Jack watched over them, making sure everyone got along alright and treated her kindly. He was fairly sure they would, as his flock was rarely unpleasant to another of their kind. Something about what they all were and where they were all from seemed to make it easier for them to trust others of their kind.

Eli, in particular, had moved to stand closest to her of the others and seemed to be trying to sniff her. This was something he did often when meeting new people, having a few dog genes in him as well as the bird genes, as was made obvious by his ears. "You're from the city? Will you be staying here now?" He asked, curious, able to tell where she had been living by the smells from the city that clung to her. When he spoke, it could be seen that his canine teeth were larger and sharper than was normal for a human, another dog trait of his that gave him the appearance of having fangs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:23 pm 

Audre didn’t move away when Eli came by to sniff her, although feeling slightly awkward by the closeness Audre did her best to remain calm. She did raise a curious eyebrow as the boy spoke showing her his sharp teeth, “You’re from the city? Will you be staying here now?”

Thoughts of staying here tonight was starting to drastically change in Audre’s mind and caused her to frown at Eli’s question. Every second she spent in their presence, the more she felt like she shouldn’t be here. So she gave an apologetic smile and confessed, “Actually I might just head back to my place for the night." Her smile widened as she added a little joke, "I wouldn’t want you kids ruining my beauty sleep you see.”

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:33 pm 

Jack seemed concerned at that answer, "You've changed your mind?" He asked, wondering why. Maybe she wasn't comfortable with being around so many people, even if they were just kids?

Onie was the next to speak up, "Aw.. But I thought you wanted to stay. We wouldn't bug you." She said, frowning when Audre said she was going to leave. She seemed to have taken a liking to the older girl, despite having only met her a few minutes ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:51 pm 

Audre gave off a light laugh at Onie’s comment but turned to Jack and paused trying to come up with a reason to why she should go back home. “It’s just I have a place back in the city, so I wouldn’t want to just barge in here, even if you guys have an extra room.” She said almost lamely as she looked to the side, her mind couldn’t process straight when she looked into Jack’s eyes. “Anyways, isn’t it past your guys bed time?”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:10 am 

Jack frowned a bit, but decided not to argue with her. "Will you be visiting us in the morning, then?" He asked. The others looked at her curiously. They all wanted to know more about her, as it had been a while since they had come across another of their kind, especially one that had escaped and lived alone.
Eli had nodded, it was past bedtime for the youngest kids, and he said goodbye to her before going off to put them to bed.
Onie seemed further upset by that, but listened to Eli went he told her to go get ready to bed, "Aw, okay.. Goodnight, Audre."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:26 am 

The once curious stares that didn’t bother her before now caused Audre to shift a bit uncomfortably. Audre hasn’t felt like that since being back at the lab. But she couldn’t blame them, they were in fact very curious especially seeing that she was alone. But if her being alone meant that they would have a friend here, then she wouldn’t complain, no one should feel alone. She didn’t want to be alone too but she could see it in their eyes. The admiration due to her being older and living by herself. How did she do it? Their eyes seems to speak out, she must seem strong to them. But they’re wrong about her if that’s what they really thought.

“Night Onie, night everyone.” She said as she waved at them before turning to Jack, trying again to come up with a reason to why she can’t. Audre had to admit to herself that she was starting to feel overwhelmed by all of this. “Yeah, about that. . .” Audre started to say before she couldn’t help but yawn, her eyes all of a sudden heavy. “I should get some rest. Thank you for bringing me here.” She gave a sheepish grin trying to avoid answering Jack as she started to walk out the door.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:39 am 

The others said goodbye or goodnight to her, wandering off to get ready for bed. It actually was pretty late and they were all tired.

Jack nodded to her, "I'll see you later, then. Unless you'll allow me to fly with you? I'm sure you have at least some questions by now, and flying at night while very tired isn't exactly safe." He said. It was uncommon for any of them to fly at night, as it was generally accepted to be dangerous. To be honest, though, he just wanted to talk to her a bit more. He was curious about her, and didn't want her disappearing completely again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:09 am 

Audre opened her mouth ready to reject Jack’s offer, but as the kids shuffled back upstairs she felt a little more at ease. He was right to believe that she had questions, who wouldn’t? The idea of having the time to talk to someone her age and like her was a tempting offer. But she need to make sure about something herself, “Are you up for that? You must be tired yourself and I’m actually used to flying at night if you know what I mean.” A smile passed over her face before concern towards Jack sobered her. “I wouldn’t want you to get hurt flying back here because of me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:23 am 

Jack nodded, "Yeah, I'm up for that. I've done my fair share of flying at night as well, even if it is dangerous. I'll be fine. So, that's a yes? You do want me to fly back with you?" He said. It wasn't uncommon for him to have trouble sleeping, and when he did he often went out flying instead. This gave him a lot of practice flying at night, even though he made sure to be back in bed before the others woke up to avoid worrying them, so he figured flying to the city with her and back would be no big deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:30 am 

Unable to fight it, a smile spread wide across her face as she said, “Yeah I won’t mind. That is if you could keep up?” She started to head to the door with anticipation. Sure they flew here together but her mind was still grasping the idea of what happened tonight, now that she was sure everything was real she felt ready to learn a little more about Jack. Maybe some time with him will allow her to consider finding a place to call home. Again one step at a time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:49 am 

"Sure, I can. That is, if you don't try to crash me into any more buildings." Jack said, joking a bit and offering a smile in return. Eli, who passed them at that time to get something for one of the kids, gave him an odd look, suggesting that this was not a common thing for Jack. Jack didn't seem to notice the look as he walked to the door to open it to hold it for her. It was darker and colder outside now than it was when they'd arrived at his home, but he didn't seem to mind.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next