All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:40 am 

Blog: View Blog (13)

"Nope," Audre answered before turning to look at Jack. "No tall buildings for you to crash into."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:30 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Jack smiled, "That's good. I might actually be able to keep up with you, then." He said, "Could you teach me how to fly like that, through the trees and buildings?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:38 am 

Audre stared at Jack at little surprised at his question. Her eyes scanned Jack's build, sizing him up wondering if he was physically able to pull the stunts she has done for years. "I don't know Jack," Audre answered honestly. "It'll be more difficult for you since you're naturally bigger than me, and I don't know if the bird they used to genetically enhanced you with is speed based. And from what I've seen, I can assume that you're more endurance based then speed based."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:52 am 

Jack's build was lean, and others might even have considered him scrawny, but, being a male, he was still noticeably larger than her; something he didn't figure would be great for fitting through tight spaces between obstacles like she did. He shrugged, "I'm the fastest of my group, at least. Does that help?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:58 am 

Audre didn't look convinced, leaning her head back into the grass she closed her eyes again. "We'll see what you'll have to say after the raid. I'll try to teach you then, sound good?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:08 am 

"Yeah, that's good." Jack agreed, "Can't have me crashing into things and getting hurt before the raid." He said, looking up at the sky. "It'll be time to head back pretty soon, the kids will be getting back from school."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:01 pm 

Eyes still closed Audre tried to smile and make a small laugh. The idea of a raid still made her nervous. What if her parents and her friends weren't there anymore? She wasn't even sure if the place was still working. Still she acted casually as she sat up and said, "We can head back now, I'm ready."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:30 pm 

"Alright." He said, standing and unfolding his wings to fly back. "Do you want my help, with teaching the kids?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:19 pm 

Audre tried to not frown at the question, they really shouldn't be exposing the kids to firearms or even the idea that they needed them. She didn't want to imagine Onie having to learn and use a firearms on another person. "No that's alright, today's lesson won't even be that long." Audre answered stiffly as she stood and brushed her self down. Content with the idea that her pants and her back were clear of grass and dirt, she opened her wings up ready to follow.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:58 pm 

"Alright," He said, taking off. "You'll just have the kids who are from about ten to fourteen, so they shouldn't cause too much trouble anyway. I'll watch to make sure they all behave." He added, flying back to where his brother's flock was to meet them for training.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:23 am 

Audre nodded, still wary about teaching kids how to use a firearms. In all honesty, she would like to help those kids live out their childhood a little longer, rather than throw them into the raiding life.

Standing before the kids who stood in a straight line Audre was far from worried, one look at them and she knew that teaching these kids was not going to be easy. Her eyes went to one of the younger kids, Crow, his hair and wings the same black color as the bird he's named after. For a seven-year-old, he already had a strong sense of determination in his grey eyes, Audre had to admit that he had potential but he was still too young.

Audre's eyes then trained on the oldest of the group, Zara. The girl had wild curly black hair and was smart to tie it away in a ponytail, her tan skin spoke volumes of her long hours outdoors. Audre hoped that that meant the girl hard stamina. Still Zara looked to be the quiet type which did not impress Audre in the slightest. Audre has seen a few of the older kids start their training already with James, and Zara listened closely to all her superiors obviously placing all her trust into their words. But to learn how to hold a firearms, Audre needed this girl to be ready to make her own decisions too.

Trading glance between each kid, she knew she'll teach the little ones how to use a knife but nothing more. As for the older kids that already started training, she'll still be the judge on whether she will be their teacher. Audre frowned at those who were extremely eager to get started, no doubt James had told them that she was going to teach them how to hold a gun today and she wouldn't be surprised if most of them believed that they were ready to become those they aspire to be. This could make teaching these kids difficult, the older kids especially won't be too happy to do what she had planned.

Straightening her posture, she cleared her throat to gain the attention of everyone, heads turned to her but she watched how extra time was needed for the kids to get Thomas, Emma, and Adam to behave. She'll need to keep a close eye on them. "Alright, I want everyone to choose a partner, so I better see five groups of two."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:27 pm 

Jack stood by, watching to make sure the kids behaved and did as they were told. They were mostly good kids, and paired up as they were told to do; generally with one older and one younger kid in each pair, as was the way they were usually told to pair up during training. While the younger ones weren't actually going on raids yet, it was still seen as valuable that they learn, and besides the older kids learned even more from teaching their younger partners. The only problem was that Thomas and Emma wanted to be in a group, which generally spelled trouble and left two of the youngest kids in a group of their own without any older partner to help them. Jack solved this easily with a stern glance, as most of the kids either respected or feared him, and then they all waited for Audre to continue her lesson.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:12 pm 

So the kids weren't entirely hopeless but still Audre looked at each pair carefully, her eyes remaining on Thomas and Emma. Both kids fidgety under her stare until she looked up at the sky in thought. Where was she going to start?

Her eyes turning back to the kids she announced, "We're going to play a game."

There were obvious sounds of disappointment, Thomas and Emma ready to argue. Most of the voices silenced by the slight reminder that Jack was there. Audre looked at Jack with no appreciation in her eyes. She didn't want his help if his presence will interrupt her observation of the kids but having another player in the game would make things easier. So she continued. "There is an easy two miles of land between us and your guys home. Your objective, make it home before dinner time. You have 4 hours."

Some of the kids started to exchanges knowing glances of an easy victory, Audre smirked her eyes glancing at those who knew that there was more to come. "You must achieve this on foot," Audre said with a smile. "That's right, no flying."

The kids started to become uneasy, mainly the little ones. Audre watched as Zara cooed words of encouragement and ease to Sparrow. While Benjamin placed a firm hand on Falcon's shoulder. The rest of the older kids looked disappointed and annoyed at Audre, but kept quiet overall.

Walking over to Jack, she handed him a fold of paper, it was a map she borrowed from the house, pencil marks showing a route for Jack to take to circle around the area. "Jack and I are your obstacles. We'll be flying around or on foot to search the woods for you guys. If we find you and tag you, you lose. And you won't have dinner."

"That's not fair!" Adam shouted out, his turquoise eyes sparking in anger. "Why do you guys get to fly and we can't?"

"What about the younger kids?" Zara spoke up. "They won't be given dinner too?"

Audre looked between Adam and Zara, before her eyes remained with Zara. "Exactly," Audre answered and when the girl was ready to argue Audre cut her off. "They are following your lead, your choices effect them too." The girl closed her mouth then, understanding the responsibility she was given completely. However Adam, Thomas, and Emma are still too young to understand but they at least followed both Zara and Benjamin's lead and remained quiet.

As she looked over the kids, there was barely a hint of sympathy towards them in Audre's eyes. They may even have a cold edge to them for she's never treated kids like this before. But this was a serious matter and her eyes showed the experience she gained living on her own for what felt like so many years for her.

Shifting her bag off, she produced two stop watches, tossing one to Jack, it was set at four hours. "If we do tag you, you are free to fly back home. But as long as you are not tagged, do whatever you can to make it back home with your partner." Audre looked at every kid to show that this last statement was important. "Any questions?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:54 pm 

Jack watched her curiously as she interacted with the kids and told them what they were to do, understanding what this was about quickly. Just as happens during a lab raid, they'd have to get somewhere without being caught and help someone else who was less able to do so do the same. He nodded to her when she gave him the map, willing to help without any protest, and looked it over as she finished up telling the kids what they were to do and answering their questions. "How much of a head start are we going to give them?" He asked her once he had done that, figuring they'd have to give the kids at least a few minutes, since otherwise they would be unfairly easy to be found and tagged.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:08 am 

Audre took the time to consider. "Well I guess five minutes will be good enough, which starts now." Instantly she clicked her stopwatch to start the countdown. The kids hurriedly shuffled out of sight and into the forest.

Watching the kids run off, Audre looked over at Jack and gave him a sheepish grin. "Was I being too hard on them?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:19 am 

Jack nodded again in understanding, as he watched the kids for a moment until they disappeared into the forest. He figured five minutes would be enough time for them to get far enough into the forest, even for the littler kids.

"No, I think this is a good idea, to make sure they can work as a team and evade capture. There's a lot of that during lab raids. Are you really going to make them miss dinner if they fail?" Jack said, looking thoughtful, but overall like he completely approved of this.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:23 am 

"No," Audre chuckled. "I didn't even have enough time to let anyone back home know. So if I were to mean it seriously, it would have caused confusion back home and the kids might have taken advantage and eat anyways."

Sobering a bit Audre confessed, "I will say no to any of the kids who don't satisfy my requirements. And if James doesn't approve, he'll just have to teach them himself." Her gaze lowered to the ground. "Sorry, I was just taken off guard with how young they were. I really rather they stay home and use their second chance at living out their childhood, you know?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:38 am 

Jack shrugged, "I don't think they would, most of them know to follow the rules when training, whatever they are. So, it might be a good idea to tell the ones that we do catch that they actually are allowed to eat."

"Alright. James should understand that, I do." He said, "If it helps, we don't take the ones under around twelve on actual raids, and even then we make sure they know what they're doing and someone older is with them. The rest of them for the most part just like the training, they like copying the rest of us and usually it's made into a sort of game, like you did, so it's fun for them."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:17 am 

"I see," was all Audre as her eyes continued to scan the trees. She wondered if she was overreacting, or maybe she wasn't but there was just no way she could protect the kids from their hard life. There will always be people out there making more of them, while Jack and his brother continue to try and save as many as they could. Freedom seems to come at some sort of price.

Bring her thoughts back to now, she glanced over at Jack. "Do you need help learning how to handle a pistol?" With a smirk she added, "Or are you fine with your antiques?"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:45 am 

"There's no need for that; I already know how to shoot." Jack said, pointing out the gun he carried along with his other weapons. "The sword and knives are mostly for show, and stealth; they're a lot quieter. That, and I use them if something goes wrong with the gun." He added, glancing out at the woods even as he mostly looked at her. "So, are you going to start teaching them after this?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next