All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:55 pm 

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

picture of character | +

Drake walked into the tavern his wings close to his back. He wore leather trousers and belt with a small steel sword on his left side, a small pouch of coins and a satchel with a few other items. On his left shoulder was a leather plate and strap that went from the shoulder plate to the belt. He needed work and needed it badly after being discharged from his fighters guild. He walked up toward the bar keeper.
"I hear you can help me find work." Drake asked after ordering an ale.

Red vs. Blue Epic Rap battle

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:26 pm 

Back from hiatus!

War'nak sat in the corner and watched the tavern with his keen eyes. He wore his scared plate armor with pride, though he ofter wore a large cloak to cover it. As he did now, trying to be as non-threatening as possible. His Katana, however had drawn interest by a few patrons. Not many in these lands had ever seen such a sword. And even still, the sword was made of a strange silver metal they could not identify. His gaze swung to the bar master as he spoke to a stranger.

"Aye. The Merchants Guild be hirin' guards for a convoy north. There be rumors of the Red Hands that'a way. Talk to the fella in the corner with the sword. He knows more."
The bar tender turned to help another customer as War'nak studied the strangers gear.

"Hmm. A fighter to be sure." he said to himself.

(Sorry for the long wait my friend. I apparently for got to turn on the notifications for my post. Please forgive my rudeness.)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:02 pm 

Supporter (1)

(its alright)

Drake turned to look at the person the inn keeper suggested a strong honor looking fellow he seemed to be. Drake however could help feel coution toward the gaze the stranger gave him. he turned back to the bar and finished his ale with a few more sips. He didn't want to get involved with the Red Hand after many incounters he already had with them and none of which were pleasent greatings; but he needed the work even if it was the only work around. He placed his mug on the bar table sighed then turned about walking toward the stranger.
"I was told you are hiring soldiers." he said looking down at the wolf placing his left hand on his sword hilt just in case.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:44 pm 

Back from hiatus!

War'nak apraised the Drakes couage and leaned back in his chair.

"No need for the sword, stranger. I avoid violence in crowded places and in general." He said as he pulle his hood back revealing his white fur and strange brown patterns. he smiled and relaxed to give off a calm air, He was interested in this fighter. Though only because he sensed this one would be a great asset if the caravan had to fight.

"Please, have a seat." he motioned to the other chair, careful to control the speed of his movement and to keep his paws visible away from a weapon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:51 pm 

Supporter (1)

Drake looked at the chair then back at the stranger. he watched the strangers hands, or paws, seeing that the stranger was no threat at the moment, he then sat down. He had to fold his winds even closer the ends scraped agaisnt the ground.

He continued to keep his hand on his sword as he always did when he talked to strangers. he looked back up at the stranger. "The inn keeper said you are having a problem with the Red Hand?" he asked. leaning back in his own chair.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:19 pm 

Back from hiatus!

War'nak smiled and rested a hand on the hilt of his Wakizashi.

"Yes. The caravans in the past two months have had the occasional raid from the Red Hands. We need experienced fighters or guards for the next caravan."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:35 pm 

Supporter (1)

Drake smiled. "I'm wanted by the Red Hand so if we in counter any It will be a straight up fight. How much are you paying for the job?" He asked

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:50 pm 

Back from hiatus!

War'naks eyes lit as he genuinely was interested in this one.

"50 silvers now. Another 50 if we get to the destination with the cargo intact. 2 golds bonus if we have to fight." he studied the fighter, then asked his question.

"Tell me. Whys are you wanted? I have no intent to turn anyone in. But it might be good if I know now rather than later. And why do you need a job when I can tell you are an experienced warrior?" he took a drink of his strong tea and grimaced. He held it for a moment as he concentrated. A moment later small wafts of steam cam from the cup.

He sipped again and sighed "Much better warm." he muttered to himself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:08 pm 

Supporter (1)

"I uhhhh...." Drake paused to look at the stranger again. "I had a few encounters with them and had relations with there leader's daughter for a while." he chuckled a little. "but its nothing to worry too much about but I like the pay if you will have me I would love to join." He finished with a smile.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:18 pm 

Back from hiatus!

War'nak nodded. It wasnt what hed expected, hed expected to be told off.

"here is the first payment. he tossed a small pouch of silvers on the table. Use it to get any supplies you need, then meet me at the caravan yard near the north gate tomorrow morning. There are only a handful of us that are experienced.." He frowned. "The others are so new i could smell the polish on their gear."

He put his hood up and seemed to fade into the shadows a little even as the drake sat across from him. He knew the drake could still see him, the illusion was to keep others from being curious.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:36 pm 

Supporter (1)

Drake stood up taking the bag of coins.
"I'll meet you there, there is a few other things I need to do." he said turning about and walking out of the Inn.

He stretched his wings out, once he was outside, he hated to go indoors his wings always became stiff and sometimes, if he was inside for too long, painful. He saw a few people around him stare at him as he stratched his wings. 'yes marvel at the sight of a dragon.' he joked in his mind and chuckled, bringing his wings back down to his sides.

A few hours later after getting his need supplies for the trip he showed up at the caravan yard near the North Gate. Once he spotted the stranger again he walked over to him. He noticed his surrounding and the others that were to guard the caravan with him. Indeed he found the stranger was right about the new members in their experiance one was even sharpening his sword so wrong that he was dulling it completely.
"I hope your experianced fighters are good ones some of these so called soldiers wouldn't last five seconds in a fight with the Red Hand." he said to his employer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:04 pm 

Back from hiatus!

War'nak frowned but nodded in greeting to Drake.

"Youre here early, though it matters little. As i said, some of them arent soldiers......but we still need the numbers regardless. The barbarian over behind me is reliable, and is one of the few in this world i trust and count as a friend. An elven ranger will join us when we prepare to leave. The other two are just human fighters, though their scars and professional attitudes speak for themselves." War'nak went back to checking his pack. His cloak slipped so he just removed it, revealing his unique and feared armor. The silver black armor shined, yet was not so shined as to be attractive. It had a few scars where the plates had seen battle and done what they had been made to do.

Several of the others had stopped and the whisper of "Death Stalker" had passed around quickly. It was well known that few ever earned the armor he now wore. Many tried, and most died before completing the trials of the Dark Legion. The Dark Legion was the most feared mercenary guild in all the kingdoms. The only ones that didnt fear them were the dead, the foolish, and their fellow legionnaires.

War'nak sighed and replaced the cloak as he noticed the stares.

Last edited by War'nak on Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:06 pm 

Supporter (1)

Drake was impressed by the armor his employer wore. A Dark legionare he was and memories of his father flooded back to him. His father was once a honored captain in the Dark Legion but died a few years ago by some unknown cause. Drake himself was once going to join them but had thoughts against it when he joined the Red Hand then was turned on by them.

He went through his pack making sure everything was according to his liking. He paused looking at the other warriors that he would join, but was sson bored and got to sharpening his sword, even helping out the other human soldier that was only dulling his own sword; then went back to his own gear.

Drake looked up at the sky seeing the sun at it's highest point. He turned toward War'nak "Ready to go?" he asked him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:21 pm 

Back from hiatus!

"Unfortunately yes. We were delaying for a late merchant. We just found out his wagon was attacked and destroyed by the Red Hand at dawn just east of the city.....They are growing to be a thorn in my side." War'nak frowned and his eyes glowed with his anger.

"After this caravan run I plan on exterminating the vermin personally. I paired you with the man you helped earlier. You'll get the third wagon. Me and the Barbarian will take the second. The Ranger and another reliable man on the first. I put the two experienced fighters on the last. Only four wagons, two men to a wagon, with the other six riding with bows. Better that way. We will leave as soon as they get them lined up and ready to go, maybe an hour perhaps..."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:30 pm 

Supporter (1)

Drake nodded and moved to his position in the caravan. helping out as much as he could with lining the wagon up, but most of the time he had to keep his distance because his scent usually spooked the horses. So he sat watching and waited for the caravan to leave. His wings itched to fly, but he knew if he did the horses would go basarrk so he stayed grounded, pacing back and forth his claws skratching the cobblestone ground.

As he watched the caravan get into place he wondered what they were carrying not that it mattered, but just to get his mind thinking about something other than boredom. Spices and herbs he could smell as well as fine metal and stained wood; silks and of course the smell of animals.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:43 pm 

Back from hiatus!

As the carvan formed up and the men took their positions he walked to Drake and pulled him aside.

If we are attacked, your wagon will make a break for it. The others are of little importance. Make sure you guard it with your life if necessary. There are two men hidden inside, both I trust, and no one else knows about. The cargo on board is too valuable to risk in a fight. If they run fly with them, leave us to fight. I and the wagon driver have a second meeting place picked out in case you have to break away. If we fight, then we will meet you there at night fall."

War'nak said as his paw glowed a dull white, the sign of a blocking spell to make sure others could not over hear his words.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:51 pm 

Supporter (1)

Drake looked over at his wagon. Hidding people now? Is this caravan smugglers? He thought to himself but a bit of him wanted to know who was inside.
"Who are you trying to smuggle." He asked as he noticed the blocking spell being active. He knew magic himself but only spells that delt with fire.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:59 pm 

Back from hiatus!

War'nak had expected the question. He knew the dragon would be curious.

"The Kings nephew. He was on retreat with a few select guards when he was kidnapped. I was able to rescue him. In the city of Grancen, a few days from here, is our destination. The Kings summer keep. The Red hand were believed to be the ones who took him. I am not certain, but either way, I will eliminate them after I have returned his majesty's family."

War'nak hesitated.

"I do not trust easy dragon. I chose you because I sense you have honor, and I know you can fight if you must. Im not saying I trust you, but I knew you would be too curious without the truth. Guard them well and I will count you among the few in this world I trust."

War'nak studied the dragons face as he spoke and waited for his answer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:06 pm 

Supporter (1)

The king's nephew. The same one he stole for the Red Hand before they turned on him. He sighed should he lie to War'nak or tell him about his past. No he would just kick him out. But then again if the nephew saw him he would reaconize him easily. His honesty won the arguement. "I have a confession to make to you. I was once part of the Red Hand and..." hepaused placign his hand on his sword for safty. "I was the one who kidnapped him in the first place, but know that I am no longer with them after they turned on me once I gave them the King's nephew." he said waiting and preparing for War'nak's response.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:16 pm 

Back from hiatus!

War'naks hand tightened on the hilt of his Wakizashi. He frowned as he absorbed all the dragon had stated. he tried to calm his anger and looked the dragon in the eyes.

"If what you say is true then you have a choice. Help me return the kings nephew, and I will forget of your past, give you a second chance..... Or you can walk away and stay out of it, and I will not hunt you as long as you stay away from the Red hand. I may have been a Legionnaire, but I do not enjoy death, or killing. I kill when it must be done or when there is no other option. The Red Hand have left no other option but for themselves to be destroyed. So dragon..... What will you do? Reclaim some honor, or turn away and find honor elsewhere?"

War'nak kept himself stone still and his face expressionless. His eyes however glowed with anger, curiosity, and brief sadness, as he waited.