All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 145  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:05 am 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

"Let's go. I like animal ones with a lot of colors. Perhaps your mother would like to join us." Nanny spoke as she put her medical supplies back in the case.

Jack simply nodded and leaned against the wall.

The doctors opened Lily's skull once more and repaired a ruptured aneurysm. While they were inside the brain, they looked at the other blood vessels to see if there were any weakness at all. A tissue graft was placed on several other blood vessels that seemed to be weak. The doctors agreed that it would be better to use this new expensive neutral grafting tissue now then to do another surgery possibly in the near future.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:10 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

She smiles . " I bet she would love that as well. " Waiting for her she would walk out of the room. " I'll go check her room to see if she is there. Meet you in the rec room?"

Lily's parents waited near by waiting to see what was going on with thier daughter.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:13 am 

"Sounds fine to me. I'll get some drinks too." she spoke as she headed to the kitchen.

Several hours later, one of the doctors came out and asked
"Are you Lily's parents?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:20 am 

She nods. " Sounds like a plan. " Walking back to her mom's room she finds her reading a book. " Hey Mom want to do a puzzle with me and another?"

Her mom looks up and smiles. " That sounds like a good ideal." Marking her page she stands up and streches. " How are you doing today my dear?"

" Good got the stiches out and if Sean gets the pool going in a few day I'm going swimming.'

Her mom couldn't help but laugh

Lily's parents look to the doctor. " Yes we are." Her father said not hiding how scared he was.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:25 am 

Nanny found one with 3 kittens playing with a ball of yarn. She sat up puzzle and the drinks were at a table nearby.

"Please come with me to a meeting room. Lily is doing well and should be back in her room by the time we are finished." the doctor spoke quietly to them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:30 am 

Walking into the rec room rose and Joyce both smile. " Found her." She says and sits down at the table.

Joyce will sit down as well and look at the puzzle. " Aww what a cute puzzle."

Lily's parents will nod and look to Jack. " You welcome to come and hear what's going on." Dolie says. Know he must be just as worried as they was.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:54 am 

I think so. There are drinks on the other table if you want any." Nanny spoke as she pours some water on a tea bag.

Jack looks at them and spoke
"Thanks for including me."

The meeting room was not far away. Once they were seated in a chair, the doctor began.

"Lily has had a relapse because of a ruptured aneurysm. An aneurysm is a weak spot in the wall of a blood vessel. When the wall becomes too weak. it will break open or rupture. This can be cause from different things. In Lily's case, her ruptured aneurysm is called Traumatic aneurysm which is caused by a closed head injury or penetrating trauma to the brain.

We are now back to step 1. We wait and see if Lily comes out of the medicine induced coma with full use or partial use of her body. We will not be able to tell until she has been off for a few days.

We also used an experimental tissue graft. We have used for various things but not for ruptured or weak walled aneurysm. This tissue graft was placed on several other blood vessels that seemed to be weak. We agreed that it would be better to use this new expensive neutral grafting tissue now then to do another surgery possibly in the near future. The more times that we open the skull, the bigger chance of no recovery. We want Lily to recover as mush as possible.

Due to this ruptured aneurysm, the Occupational Therapy was cancelled. OC is to work with her other senses and to start her on a program called I can see again. It is for those who have become blind and need to adjust to living with blindness. Much of the therapy is hand on things like feeling shapes and relearning what they are.

Any questions so far?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:07 am 

Rose will look over to the drinks. " Thank you. Mom you want anything. " She ask getting up and grabbing a soda for herself. Her mother looks to her. " A cup of tea would be nice."

Rose nods and will make a cup and bring it back careful to her. " Ok ladies I believe it's puzzle time."

Dolie would slowly sink down into a chair hearing everything. Softly her husband would rub her back in shock. " How long are you going to keep her in a comma? And what are her chances of pulling through this niw"?" Dolie would ask.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:39 pm 

"Let's begin." Nanny spoke with a smile then started to work.

"Well, we feel that we brought her around a bit too early and the blood pressure in the damaged veins couldn't handle the pressure of the blood pumping through. We brought her out on the third day after she was brought in. So we are debating on keeping her between 7 maybe 10 days.
There is a possibility of bringing her out into a half coma or a drowsy state where she will still be on IV fluids but she can talk a bit and we can keep an eye on her eye sight.

Lily is a strong girl and her vitals are stable. She will pull through fine except for her eye sight. I am afraid that she may be blind or have diminished eye sight. By diminished eyesight, I mean that she will have some eyesight to see but not well enough to drive or see long distance. She could have what is called tunnel vision which she can see straight ahead but not to the side.

Any questions so far?" the doctor asked.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:47 pm 

Rose and her mom will enjoy doing the puzzle. Something they haven't done together in a while.

Dolie would look up to her husband. They will need to get the house ready for lily before she comes home. Slowly she looks back to the doctor. " We have none right now. What about you Jack?" She asks looking over to him. She knew they was taking in a lot of information right now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:14 pm 

Nanny was glad of the puzzles for she enjoyed figuring out things and creating things.

"Yes, I do have questions.
1. Lily is greatly disappointed and very worried about the fact that she may not be able to go to school for veterinary which has planned for a long time. I suggested that maybe she could work as an assistant. Is this possible?

2. How soon can she start working with her hands? I bought a book which is called "Helping your blind person see". I tried to help her with a butterfly balloon and some resin cacti. Did I do something to weaken the blood vessel?" Jack asked.

The doctor listen patiently.
"As far as the first question, those who are blind or diminished vision are great with working animals and there are programs for them that she may take once she is ready to go home.

We were going to start her own therapy in that particular book. I am glad that you took time to buy it and tried to help. You did nothing to weaken her blood vessels. In fact it may even help that she was introduced to the seeing with her hands before this happened.

We will start the therapy when she is in the drowsy state to get her used to feeling with her hands. But if you want to work with her by talking to her and placing things she she knows in her hands, there is no harm being done. It may be beneficial to her.

This is step one of recovering from losing one's sight. Step two is to place her in a rehabilitation unit where she will learn how to read, write and other things that she will need to know for her future life. I will give you the books like what Jack has. You may read them as you wish. I will also give you a second book about what will happen in her life. There is an excercise book in there as well. I hope that you will attend a class about living with a newly blind person. Are you willing to attend?" he asked as he picked up the bags.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:55 pm 

Every so often as they worked on the puzzle rose will rub her wrists a little. Gald to be able to and remembering what she was told.

Her mother could not help but smile a little. Jack was very thoughtful of their daughter. Looking back to the doctor she nods. " I think that class will be good for us."

Her husband nods. " Yes and we will look into the school for lily as well."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:15 pm 

"No need to look too far. I have one that will be having new class starting each month. Depending on the person will be how long the person will be in the class. Each student will have many individual projects of their own choosing. There will be a meeting here tomorrow night if you wish to come. The last time I checked, none have registered.

While there is a cost for the classes, Lily will be covered under Jesse'e insurance because she is an employee. I have prior approval for Lily so there is no cost to you. Of course you may look else where if you want to." the dr spoke.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:22 pm 

Dolie would nod a bit. " Ok one of us will be there. Don't want to leave her alone to long."

Her father nods. " It will be good to keep her busy when she is able to be awake again."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:42 pm 

"Fine. I will bring your bag tomorrow if you come Jack. That is all I can say at the moment." the doctor spoke as he looked around the room.
"Lily can be seen every hour on the hour by the 3 of you. She will be in her room in about 2 hours. Go have some dinner then come to ICU. "

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:44 pm 

Dolie would nod then stand up. Slowly they would walk out and look to Jack. " Thank you for being there for her during all this." Hee father says.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:48 pm 

"I'll see all of you tomorrow at 2. We will meet here. Keep your hopes up and prayers flowing." he spoke.

Jack walked out slowly and off to one side where he called Jesse to speak with him. After a few minutes of talking and being reassured that he may take off what he must. He did hire a couple of the sons of the other ranch hands to ease the work load. They would split the work load between the 4 young men. And yes he was still one of the ranch hands.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:56 pm 

Dolie would step to the side and call Lonestar. The phone will bearly ring before she passes the phone to her husband unable to talk about it. Her husband takes the phone and will wait for lone star to answer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:03 pm 

"Lone Star here. " he spoke quietly as he sat at his desk doing nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:11 pm 

" hey lone star got some news on lily. " He says and takes a deep breath. He go about telling him everything by the time he finished his voice was shaking. He would look back to make sure dolie was ok.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 145  Next