All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:13 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

An eyeroll was her given reaction from behind the wind shield of the lamborghini. His hands stay steady and sure on the steering wheel when she fish tails, the spedometer steadily rising. His heart beat is rising, and his face, usually blank, is actually cracking in an all out smirk. He trails a foot behind her, knowing he has time till the road narrows to one lane to catch her.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:53 am 

Her heart skipped a beat as she sped down the curvy road. She hadn’t raced in a long time and missed the feel of it. She couldn’t reach full speed on this road, she knew that already, she wasn’t going to take a chance with the ever winding roads and sudden change to one lane. Cleo looked up at her rear-view mirror as her speed increased, 120, 130, 140. A smile crossed her thin lips. This might be easier then she thought.

Cleo grabbed her steering wheel with both hands as her speed kept going up. She felt adrenalin slip into her blood stream as she fell into rhythm with the song she was playing. Drumming her fingers on the wheel she watched as the two lanes turned to one in front of her.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:46 am 

Ethan either stays right behind her, or right beside her. When it narrows down to one lane, she's ahead of him: but that's okay, he knows this road like the back of his hand. They've got a mile before it widens for someone to pass, which quickly flies by at speed they're going.

The track widens again to a sandy plain, with a fantastic view of the ocean not to far off and the barest hint of cliffs in the distance. Long used to driving here, Ethan speeds up, fishing tailing his car around on the sand in a wide loop in order to take the lead.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:17 am 

“Fu-” Cleo cut herself off before the words came out of her mouth. He was good, but that’s what she got for racing in someone elses territory. She half smiled and looked down at her GPS, didn’t really look like there was much way to get in front of him until they reached the city. Stepping on the gas she tailgated him fallowing his every movement as they whipped around the road. At this point she could only hope he made a mistake so she could cut him off before they got to the finish line.

The song switched at this point but the bass still rocked her car. She smiled, she might not win but she was sure he was interested in her now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:52 am 

Even though he's in the lead, Ethan doesn't let himself get cocky. He hasn't been a free man this long by losing his head. As they go higher, the cliff top ruins come into the sight before disappearing around the curve again, the glittering blue sea spreading beneath them. Now comes the challenging part. He waits, hanging for the last second coming around that last curve, before flooring it. His smile is almost predatory as his spedometer shoots up. It's a straight shot towards the ruins now, meaning it could result in a tie.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:31 pm 

Looking up ahead Cleo saw the cliff top ruins, they were very lovely, she couldn’t wait to get to them. Being distracted for that couple seconds she heard the car in font pick up speed. He was losing her for a minute till she pulled out from behind him and floored it. She smiled as she gained on him, but it was too late. As they crossed into the ruins they were neck–in-neck and tied the last few feet. With a foot to the break and a sharp turn of her wheel she drift along the dirt road and stopped her car facing his. Leaving her windows rolled down and her music still blasting Pretty Rave Girl, she got out walked towards him.

“A tie. I guess I will start by saying my name, I’m Cleo,” she said extending her hand smiling.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:47 pm 

Ethan, when he crosses the finish line, merely slows his car to a stop and shuts down the ignition. He slides out of the leather interior, his face a careful blank again. The sound of cooling engines ping for a second before she steps out, music filling the air.

A deal is a deal, and he honors his part of it. He steps forward, and shakes her hand. "Ethan. That was a good race. Welcome to Sicily," he says, gesturing to the landscape with hand, fingers spread wide.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:40 pm 

"Thank you," she said looking around at the land scape. It was a very beautiful place, nothing like she had ever seen before. She thought back of what she was going to do next. He seemed liked the type of guy to fallow his own plan, so she didn't want to seem to forward with the next question she was about to ask. "So, what do people do around her for fun other then racing?"

She lifted her hand to her hair pulling her hair down from the bun. She didn't really know why, but when ever she raced her hair always had to be up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:03 am 

He leaned back against the hood of his car, his well toned shoulders stuck forward, green eyes watching her take her hair down. "Well, the old men gather around the square and talk, the old women gather in the kitchens, living rooms, and anywhere else they can play cards, and people like us show up to Ada's for good food and live entertainment at eight tonight."

He watches her carefully, waiting for her answer. He thinks that's the most he's said to someone he wasn't going to kill in a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:47 am 

Cleo raised an eye brow. Had he just invited her to dinner, without inviting her to dinner? She laughed playfully, "Ada's? Sounds interesting. I would love to go." She turned around and walked to her car door. "Fallow me to my place? I'll drop off my car then you can drive me there, alright?" Without an answer she climbed into the car and took off but made sure he'd be able to fallow her.

She hadn't been driving long before she reached her condominium. Parked in front was her personal car she had brought with her from the states, a Hyundia Genesis Coupe. She pulled up next to the car and got out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:16 am 

The tiniest hint of a smirk appeared on his features when she said yes to his sort of dinner proposal. He follows her back down the mountain, enjoying the view know that a bet wasn't on the line.

He once again gets out of the black lamborghini and leans against the plating, arms crossed tightly over his chest, left leg bent in order to bear his weight and his right leg out straight. "I suggest you change into something that does not ride up like your current dress. Ada doesn't take well to non formal dress. I'm sure I can find one somewhere for you if needed. In the meanwhile, I'm heading home to shower and change clothes myself." There's actually a hint of warmth in his voice, something that people had gone their whole lives without hearing from him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:45 pm 

“Alright, just ring the bell when you come to pick me up. I’ll go change,” she said as she walked back into the condo. Opening the door she walked in and made her way into her room. Walking in she went straight to her closet to see what she had. Thumbing through the dresses she found a simple blue long cocktail dress. Pulling it from the rest she held it in front of her for inspection. It was a nice dress, it had a one shoulder sleeve and a shade darker blue belt that was right under the bust line. It was a modest dress and was perfect for hiding a gun.

Taking off her pink dress she slipped into the blue one and head off to the bath room while pulling out her phone. Flipping to the call list she called Roy, setting it on speaker phone and started to fix her makeup. The phone rang as she ran eye liner along her lash line. “What you want, Cleo?” Roy’s voice said.

“I’m giving you an update,” She said pulling out her eye shadows and doing a neutral tone on her eyes. “I’m going out to dinner with him.”

“Dinner? Sounds exciting, you seem to be getting close to him fast, that’s very good. Just don’t blow your cover,” he laughed. “If he says anything about his business inform me as soon as you can.”

“Me, blow my cover?” She laughed walking out of the bathroom and into her bedroom, getting her thigh strap from her gun. “I know, I’ll call you when I get back from diner, bye.” With that she hung up the phone, waiting for Ethan to come back.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:30 pm 

Ethan's mind usually doesn't drift, but on the drive back to the De Luca estate it wanders with out his consent. Several details kept replaying themselves over and over. Most of the visitors who came to the town didn't rent expensive sports cars, or have enough money to pay import taxes. His better judgement tells him that she's not all that she's appearing to be. How strange and coincendently that Cleo appears when his underlings had yet again mentioned about producing an heir.

The gates flanking the drive to the old villa open when they pick up the sensor on the bottom of the lambo. Stepping out into the parking complex, Ethan throws his suit jacket over his shoulder and heads for his personal quarters. It's not to long that his long black hair is fanning out over his shoulders, and he finds himself staring at his closet, trying to decide what to wear before he takes a shower. He decides on the armani black and silver pin striped suit, with a good burgundy silk tie. He shakes his head to clear his thoughts before dissapearing into the master bathroom.

After showering, he dresses in his undershirt and suit pants, a towel drapped over his shoulders to keep his hair from dripping down his back. He wanders outside close to the edge of the villa yard where two thouroughbred mares wicker a greeting from a fenced in enclosure. He truly smiles at them, feeling at peace around the gentle creatures. He spends a couple hours wandering the grounds of the estate, before returning to his rooms to dawn his good suit jacket and head out in the lambo.

He takes the drive slow, but still arrives about five minutes earlier. He knocks, wondering if she's ready.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:51 pm 

Cleo heard the knock at the door as she was fixing her hair. She looked into the mirror one more time making sure the knife point of her silver flower hair piece was covered. She didn’t think she would need it or the gun, but in her line of work it was better safe than sorry. She lifted up her dress and made sure the gun was secured to the side of the thigh so you wouldn’t tell it was there. One more look in the mirror and she was off to the door.

Opening the door she saw Ethan dressed as if he was going to a meeting. “I hope this is better.” She said turning in a circle to show off her long flowing blue dress. “It’s very nice, I think.” She closed the door shut as she pulled out a key from her tiny silver clutch purse. Locking the door she turned back at him and smiled.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:05 pm 

"Yes, much better. Very nice," he comments, tone less dry than usual as he gives her the once, than twice, over. His mother had taught him well at least, even if his father had disaproved of such old time manners, he opens the car door for her before sliding into the car himself.

He drives along past the town, flicking through several radio stations before he finds a classical music station. He starts drumming his fingers on the steering will in time to the music.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:36 pm 

Cleo climbed into the car, her hands sliding down the leather seat. A Lamborghini, her mind rolled with excitement. They were so pretty, not as lovely as the Trans am of course, but she loved this car so much. Nothing could ruin this ride! She thought to soon when she heard classical music, she groaned. “Classical music? The only good person to write classical music was Charles Ives. Is this all you listen too?”

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:52 pm 

He shook his head no, eyes still on the road and fingers tapping right along with Mozart's Piano Concerto #24. "No. I listen to just about anything that happens to catch my attention at any one particular moment," he answers earnestly. The lights of the touristy part of town zip by them, and he guides them down a brick lined road into the part that visitors usually didn't see.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:42 pm 

“Classical music has never really caught my attention,” she said pulling out her phone, she had just gotten a text massage, it was from Roy. Exciting out of the message she looked over at Ethan. “I mean, not that classical is all bad it just doesn’t speak to me the way rock, dub-step and country does.”Thinking back to what she had just said she laughed. She really didn’t have a genre of music she centered around, very bipolar taste. “What other types of music do you listen to?”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:25 pm 

He shrugged, and it almost felt natural. "Jazz, country, folk, samba, reggae, big band, some pop. I listen to whatever sounds good. He pulls them int a gravel parking lot in front of a small vine covered brick building. "And this would be Ada's."

Once he parks, he once again gets the door for her before leading the way into the establishment. The poor hostess looks about ready to pass out on the spot when he mentions the reservations for Ethan and Cleo. Apparently she must be new here, he thinks to himself. None the less, the poor young woman shows them to his usual spot. The tables in a corner, lit romantically by a candle stuck in an old wine bottle and already set with silverware, napkins and menus. He pulls the chair out for her, a true gentleman even if he is rather sick and twisted usually.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:35 am 

Cleo wasn’t very impressed with Ada’s at the moment. The hostess seemed to have a dumb look on her face when she and Ethan had walked in. Maybe she was Ethan’s first real date, she thought as they walked all the way to the back were a nice table was set but with old school romantic candles. She smiled whole heartedly when he had pulled out her chair for her. “Thank you.’’ He was really a sweet guy.

“This is very romantic,” she said pointing towards the candles stuffed in the wine bottles. “Is this what they normally do?”