All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:56 pm 

Blog: View Blog (4)

Lerline thought about it, she forgot things were different here for a moment. But was she really qualified to teach children how to read and write? She didn't know if she had the skills for it. For so long she had thought Delmos were the only people who could teach, she didn't know if she could get that thought out of her head.
"Male teachers for fighting and magic huh? I guess it seems logical, but a little bit strange to me."
She could try it, what could it hurt? She knew she was pretty smart, and having a teacher that was outside their own culture could be good for them. That and she didn't know what else she could do for work besides cleaning, and anyone could do that. She wanted a more challenging job.
"OK let's try it!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:21 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

SilverFang smiled. "It's not that hard," he said, smiling. "Most of the kids can read for the most part, it'll be the writing that'll give them problems!" He looked into her eyes. "Don't worry, I'll be with you during your first few lessons just so you can get the hang of it then we'll break off fully and we'll teach them as much as we can! Together we can do this!" His confidence was high but he did have a few second thoughts. He just wanted to make sure she would be able to do what was needed and handle the children, who tended to be mischievious at times.

"I used to be a roleplayer like yourself... But then I took an arrow to the knee..."

May life fill you. May love protect you. May laughter always brigthen your day.

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:09 pm 

Lerline smiled, it seemed they had plans to live in this new world. Well at least new for her, it wasn't for him. She didn't know if it was that easy as he made it out to be, but at least he had some confidence in her it seemed and that made her feel better about the endeavor.
"So when do we start? I can hardly wait to be engrained in your culture. If people forgive others so easily it has to be a nicer place then Delvia. Nobody would let someone back in after being tossed out so quickly. Yet...it would take a whole lot more than stealing to have someone be tossed out there."
She wanted to see more of what his world was like, building her home and business should help.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:58 am 

SilverFang chuckled. "Well first, we'll need to start with getting you aquainted with your temperary home," he said, guesturing to his house then added playfully. "Unless you want to sleep in a tent! If that's what you like them by all means go ahead!" He was only kidding when he said it so he took her hand and gently pulled her into his house so that she could get to know what his house was like. He showed her around so that she could get aquainted with it, smiling the whole time.

"I used to be a roleplayer like yourself... But then I took an arrow to the knee..."

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:00 pm 

Lerline stepped in after him, actually a tent sounded good but he had stayed in her house for one night she didn't see what was so wrong about staying in his house a couple of nights while her house got ready. She looked around the house curiously wondering how different it was from her own house. Despite needing some feminine touches, it didn't look so bad. She could get used to this, but she would be careful not to. She wanted to get moved into her own house as soon as she could so she wanted to get to work on it right away.
"Not a bad place, though a little bit dusty. Need some help cleaning up?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:41 pm 

SilverFang smiled around at his house. "I'm surprised it's not twice as dusty as this actually," he said, looking around. "I haven't been here in a while so there should be a thicker coating of dust. Someone must have dusted while I was gone. I'll have to find out who it was and thank them." He smiled as he looked around and his eyes came to rest on Lerline. "I wouldn't mind a bit of help to clean up. Thank you!" He went to the closet and picked up the cleaning tools. "Okay so here's this stuff. Now how do you want to do this exactly? Do you want to just work through it room by room or do you have another idea?"

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:37 pm 

Lerline took the duster, the fact that someone was cleaning his house while he was gone didn't really surprise her, the fact that his house stayed empty while he was gone was the thing that surprised her. He was supposed to be banished from the town, and they didn't have someone take his place? It was a little weird. She started to clean, sort of looking for clues that someone else might be living there. Why did he ask how she wanted to clean the house? It wasn't like it was complicated.
"Is there any other way to clean? It seems a little strange someone would clean your house while you were gone, since they thought you were gone for good. Think maybe someone else is living here?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:08 pm 

SilverFang thought for a moment and grabed a broom and started to sweep the floor. "No, I don't think so," he said. "They were probably ready to tear down my house I think. We usually give people a couple of years and if they don't come back we tear down their house and the material to make a new one. Unfortunately we might not have any houses to tear down for yours so we might have to grow and cut down trees for the wood of your house. Unless you have a better idea for the building material." He didn't know how they made houses on her world so he left the material for her to decide. If she wanted to use wood they had the ability to use it, if she wanted to use something else they would find a way to do that as well.

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:32 pm 

Lerline wrinkled her nose at what he had just said.
"You just tear down a home if it isn't lived in? That seems so wasteful when someone else could use them."
She was a down to nature type of girl, so she believed in conserving resources when it was possible. She shook her head sighing a little bit, it would take a long time to grow trees for a house, unless trees grew faster here.
"Well I would like to have my house built soon, how long would it take to do that? I might want to use stone if it will take a while. I'm pretty sure that stone would be easier to get than to wait for trees to grow, and it would be better for the environment. Unless your world is way different than my own that is."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:56 pm 

"Well, first of all, we tear down the homes to make room for a new house, and we use the material of the old house to build the new one," he explained. "We can speed the process of growing the trees but either way it may take some time! Since we're going to be making this by hand I wouldn't use stone unless it's absolutely necessary!" He smiled at her. He wasn't sure how she'd react about having to do the whole house by hand so he was readying himself for an onslaught at the moment!

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:02 pm 

Lerline looked at him strangely, that sounded a little bit odd to her but at least it wasn't as wasteful as she thought it would be at first.
"I wonder if we could use the wood to the trees that I summon, that would be even faster than speeding up the process of the tree's growth!"
She hadn't even thought of that before, even though she didn't really like the idea of using wood very much. Thinking about it, maybe using stone was worse when they were going to be building the house by hand. Stone would be heavy to move.
"I guess your right, stone wouldn't be optimal. I don't think I have the strength to move that much."
She didn't mind doing it by hand, as long as she had his help.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:20 pm 

SilverFang smiled gently. "Don't worry," he said. "I'll be with you every step of the way! And using the wood from the trees you summon would be great! They're really strong, or so it would seem... Either way it will take a couple of days for us to finish your house!"

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:41 pm 

Lerline smiled, finishing up the last of the dusting that had to be done in the house and looked at the results.
"It's good to know that you will help me, I wouldn't want to do it by myself. For one thing I don't know how to do that."
Lerline then sat down and strecthed out her legs, she needed to have some time to relax now after all that has happened today.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:54 pm 

SilverFang smiled and sat down after finishing sweeping and making sure everything was clean. "That would be a problem," he said with a small sigh, "but it's a small problem! I can show you how to build a house easily! And the wood will be sturdy enough to withstand a horrible storm with extremely fast winds without a problem!" He sat down near her and looked at her with a smile on his face. He gently reached out to take her hand, the smile still on his face.

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:51 pm 

Lerline took his hand gently in hers, glad that he knew what he was doing.
"Ah well that's good to know that the house we are going to build will be sturdy. So now what's there to do? I know we are not going to start building on it right away."
She looked at him, curious of why he offered his hand to her. Maybe he just wanted to hold hands or something. That was so romantic. She stared into his eyes, stroking his hand with hers gently just resting for the moment. Some things were on her mind, but she tried not to worry about it too much.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:17 pm 

SilverFang gently rubbed her hand back. He had just wanted to hold hands. He didn't want anything else unless she was willing. He smiled at her and thought for a moment. "Hm," he said thoughtfully. "We could just sit here and enjoy being with each other. Unless you have something else in mind, of course." He met her eyes directly and stared into them lovingly.

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:39 pm 

Lerline couldn't think of anything, after the excitement earlier, she could use the time to just be with him and not do anything else. She squeezed his hand and moved closer to him, nuzzling him gently.
"Just sitting here sounds fine to me. I am not one of those people who has to do something constantly."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:27 pm 

SilverFang smiled and nuzzled her back. "Sounds like a plan to me," he said squeezing her hand back. "I'm not one of those people either but I do think it would be better if we had a fire in the fireplace, don't you?" He chuckled and grabed the flint and iron lighter and lit a fire. Then he sat back and took Lerline's hand again and just relaxed.

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:54 am 

Lerline nodded slightly, it would be cozy if there was a fire in the fireplace.
"Certainly, that would be very nice indeed I think. Why don't you start one?"
Then outside of the house some noises were heard, and a loud scream broke through the window. She turned her head and blinked at what was going on. She jumped up out of her seat in concern for whomever was screaming. She peered out the window trying to see what was happening, but whatever it was seemed to be too far away for her to see out of the window.
"oh my gosh, something's happening in your village. Should we go outside and see what it is? Perhaps we could help in some way."

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:37 am 

SilverFang had feared something would happen. "Oh no," he said. "I think I know what happened... Stay here for now... I'll try and see if I can do something." He stepped outside and what he feared would happen had happened. "Oh no," he said softly as he watched his people being rounded up by the rangers that he had turned into rose bushes a while before. He started to sing a song that he'd come up with and time around him slowed almost to a hault. He quickly put up a few defences around the people and trapped some of the rangers. He helped free some of the citizens of his town but he wasn't able to save them all. He watched as one of them was carried off. When he turned at one point he saw the leader of the village being held he used wind and earth to force the man to let go of him and trap him. Suddenly he pulled up the earth and trapped all the rangers inside the clearing around his village. If anyone were to look at him right now they would see his eyes were almost on fire with his anger now. Without looking at the book he began to resite the Death Song but only so that the rangers could hear. Anyone else would have heard the Song of healing. He had gone into the state known as the Savior state. He was practically invincible in this state but if he were to be attacked he wouldn't return from it. The song he was really singing was the Saviors song. He sang and as the rangers died the villagers healed and gained strength. This was to be the end of the attacks on this village.

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next