All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:44 pm 

Blog: View Blog (4)

Lerline walked the dusty streets of the city, longing for nature. Most of this world was populated by big cities, and not much natural preserves were left. Pretty much anything that could be paved, was paved here. She always felt out of place here, maybe because she was only half Delvian and the wild nature that was present in many of the native beings wasn't in her.
The fact she was only half wasn't the only thing that was different about her. She was brought up by her own mother and not a Delmo like most Delvians and halves were brought up by. Delvians did not like to bring up their own children due to the wild nature and small babies would cramp their style. Luckily for the Delvians some were born loving children and unable to have any themselves, so they took care of the children of others.
The other thing that was different about her that she is an albino, having no color to her skin and pink eyes. If there weren't many non-native people in the world she would really stand out. There were so many different kinds of people she really didn't seem to look unusual at all compared to the others.Even the horns on her head didn't arose suspicion that she might be some sort of demon. Even if she didn't look like she stood out in a crowd, she felt like she did. Ever since she was little it was obvious to her she was very different from everyone else in Delvia. Not that she didn't like to have fun, but something else about her just made her think she was like a square peg in a place full of circle holes.
She sighed as she watched some blue skinned people with pointed tails pass by, knowing those were native Delvians probably off to do...something. What... she really didn't want to imagine. She felt so lonely, even though she had some friends none of them understood her.
Lerline was headed to the place that was as close to having trees and the like that she could think of, which was the stadium that the monsters were held in that they used to fight them. Plenty of trees there, but it wasn't really a place she wanted to be it was the only place she knew of with a lot of nature there. She hated seeing those poor creatures get killed for no reason but that they were "monsters". She was pretty sure those creatures had thoughts and feelings just like anyone else. As Lerline walked along, she thought of perhaps freeing those creatures from there. It wasn't like she would get in trouble for doing that. Yet she knew that the ranchers would probably just catch them and put them back for people who thought killing them was fun sport. The thought of doing that disgusted her, just like the people who thought killing people and gambling and other unsavory things really made her wonder how any sane person could think that was fun.
Soon the road stopped, and she was standing in front of the stadium. All sorts of people were entering, from native Delvians to the visitors from other worlds who came here since this world was more suited to their tastes. The thought of people actually wanting to come here confused her. This place was awful, just awful.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:08 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Jason glared at the stadium walls and then noticed a girl standing there. He walked up his wings spreading indignantly. "You're not thinking of going in there are you," he asked glaring at the stadium with pure hatred in his eyes. "That place is a place of killing! Of murder!" He hated the place, it was obvious. He had been a competetor once... He had hated every minute of it! But finally he'd had enough and stole his freedom! He had hated the place ever since! The scars on his chest hurt some still from his last fight. He'd been called the Winged Wolf-man. because he was the only creature they had found that was able to shift into the form of what he had called a wolf... And he was winged. He had never been cought and was taking a risk coming this close today but it was a risk he had to take!

"I used to be a roleplayer like yourself... But then I took an arrow to the knee..."

May life fill you. May love protect you. May laughter always brigthen your day.

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:37 pm 

Lerline stared at the one standing in front of her with a mix of awe and fear, it seemed he had the same feelings about the stadium as she did. She was a little confused since it sort of looked like he was a fighter but perhaps he was one of the creatures that they called monster there. To think of such a noble one such of him being fought by sport made her feel worse about the place. She lowered her head, feeling ashamed of going there even if she wasn't going there to kill.
"I am going there, but I just want to have a walk in the trees. I don't know any place nearby that has as many trees as it does here. I really want to free the creatures here, but I know it is no good and that the rangers that keep this place up will just bring them back if they catch them. I can see you hate this place as much as me, so why are you here?"
She was very curious about him, since he seemed to share her views on the stadium, she had never shared her opinion on it with anyone else since she figured they would just laugh at her or worse. She flicked her demon-like tail a little bit making the air sparkle with some kind of magic but what she was doing was unknown, did she even realize she was doing it? All Delvians and halves had the power to do light magic with their tails, but usually they knew what they were doing. Perhaps she was more powerful than the rest. Maybe she had what it took to free those poor creatures from the stadium.
"Don't tell me your one of the monsters, this place would be even more awful if the creatures residing here were sentient."
She frowned and clenched her hand into a fist, a small tear forming at the corner of her eye. It seemed Delvians (and all the other worlders who decided to frequent this terrible stadium) had no regard for life. She could barely even eat meat because she loved animals so much, the problem was that meat tasted so good she really couldn't quit eating it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:27 pm 

SilverFang looked at the young half Delvian standing in front of him. "I was a competetor once... I was just coming back to see what happened here... If they've changed at all... I guess some of them have," he said looking at her with renewed intrest. "Ever wondered why they kept the forest? They actually had to replant the whole thing you know! For me! I was one of the greatest competetor there ever was..." He said, the memories flooding back into his mind of his triumphs... How he'd storm off when he won... How he always won untill his last fight... "I was the last sentient competetor as well as the first... They used to use other, hired combatents to fight me... But I killed them all!" He spoke with a bitter tone to his voice as if he was disgusted by what had happened in his past. "Ever since I escaped they've used other creatures..." He shook his head with violent anger. At least this one was smart enough not to watch the fights. He noticed the little thing with her tail but said nothing. He had his own abilities that he wouldn't mention.

"I used to be a roleplayer like yourself... But then I took an arrow to the knee..."

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:28 pm 

Lerline looked at him and cocked her head to the side, so he used to fight here once but now he didn't and he hated this place now. Well at least he learned the errors of his ways somehow and it seemed like he was trying to stop people from coming into the stadium which was a noble effort, though trying to stop a Delvian from having fun is like trying to take the stripes off a tiger. No matter what you did, you just couldn't seem to appeal to a Delvian's moral side. It was almost like they didn't have any morals at all.
"Oh I am glad your not one of the creatures here at least, but I am curious whatever made you stop fighting? And I wonder also why you ever fought in the first place. I never knew the appeal of hunting something that has thoughts and feelings just like you."
She hoped he didn't mind the questions, she always wonder that but didn't have the nerve to ask anyone around here before. She was afraid they might mistake her for one of the monsters, even though she could speak and do things that they couldn't. People also hunted people in this world, she didn't put it past them that they wouldn't care that she wasn't a monster.
She sneezed at the dust in the air, and blinked as a little flash appeared in front of her. Lerline's mother also had unusual powers for a Delvian, but she wondered what it meant those random things happened. They haven't shown up randomly before until she met him. Perhaps he was triggering something that was hidden inside her, but what? She hoped whatever the flash signified didn't hurt him at all.
"Um your not hurt are you? That flash...something happened..."
Lerline started to look around to see the effects of whatever spell had gone off, she saw nothing really except there seemed to be more trees in the stadium than there was before. She quirked an eyebrow at that, thinking it would be bad if one of the trees grew where one of the monsters were. She crossed her fingers praying that nobody got hurt by the trees. She even hoped that the monster hunters were not hurt. She wasn't a violent person at all.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:02 pm 

SilverFang looked around noticing the unusual amount of trees. That was odd. "No. I'm fine," he said. "And I don't thing anything else was hurt either! As far as your question's go... Well Let's just say I never wanted to in the first place! I was captured and hunted for sport! I'm still wanted actually!"

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:26 pm 

Lerline looked over. So it seemed she could summon trees, she wasn't sure just exactly that was good for really. She heard some noises going on in the stadium, it seemed what had happened had caused a stir in there. Well at least what she had done hadn't hurt anyone, but what was the big deal? Maybe she should go in and see what was going on, but really she didn't want to leave who she was talking to.
"You were forced to fight?And whoever did that to you is still looking for you? Being here probably isn't the best place to be if that is the case. Maybe we should move somewhere safer than here. But I really don't know any safe places for you well...anywhere really. I mean you sort of stand out around here even with all the unusual people who are here."
There weren't many winged wolves around, he was the first one she had met so far. She really didn't want him to be caught, but perhaps if someone did come to try to force him to fight again she could do something. But what? She had the same limited power that everyone else had. The only difference was that she could summon trees, and doing that wasn't very useful in stopping someone.
From the stadium the ruckus seemed to be getting louder and some screaming was heard. She blinked, was this just the noise of the monster hunt or did her trees cause whatever was happening to occur.
"Should we check out what's going on in there?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:56 pm 

"I think we should get out of here first... I'm sure you'll find out what's going on sooner or later," he said looking at the stadium and pulling up the hood of the cloak he had been wearing. He looked around. Now wasn't the best time to be there! He knew it was a bad time! His senses were telling him it was a bad place to be at the moment!

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:01 pm 

Lerline was curious of what was going on in the stadium, but she could tell he was anxious to go somewhere else. Somewhere he would be safe, well safer at least. She wasn't the kind of girl to stumble into danger so of course she would do what he wanted to do.
"OK, so where do you want to go?"
She was assuming a lot when she asked that question, maybe he didn't want to be around her. They knew little about each other and they had just met. She was a little nervous, she hoped to have a kindred spirit in him. Since he was from a different world he should be different from most of the people around here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:16 pm 

"Well, personally, off this planet but I don't have the money to do so and I don't want to risk getting a job with my status," he said then turned to her. "Do you know a place that I may be able to hide for a while and not be seen? I'm anxious to get out of the open!"

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:44 pm 

Lerline shrugged, she didn't have enough money to go off world either or she would of done it herself a long time ago. She put her fingers to her lip thinking, trying to figure out a safe place. Nowhere was in her mind for them to go to really. But they had to go somewhere far away from the stadium if possible.
"The only place I can think of is my house, and I don't know how appropriate that is since you barely know me"
She sighed, wishing she knew someplace better than that. Lerline really didn't want to sit inside all cooped up. But it looked like they would have to find a place and fast, one of the rangers that had caught him before was stepping out of the stadium and looking around for him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:50 pm 

SilverFang didn't seem to think it that weird for to go into someone's house if they barely know you but then again... He was from a different society and most people from his society were friendly people and he knew he would be in deep trouble if he was caught back with his family. "I need a place to stay," he said, noticing the guy that was after him. "Now!" He started to run away and pulled up his hood and slid his wings underneath his cloak. "Please help me find somewhere fast!" The urgency was getting strong!

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:33 pm 

Lerline looked confused, she didn't know the ranger that had just stepped out of the stadium was looking for him. If she had known, she probably would of ran out of there instead of just lagging about like she was now. She scratched her head but figured he must seem like he was in a hurry for a reason. Then, an idea sprang to her mind. She grabbed for his hand without thinking about it that much and started to wander off in the direction of the place they were going to go to. But she wasn't going fast enough, the ranger had spotted him and was getting out something that would capture him and was starting to run in their direction. Lerline hadn't noticed him or would of started running.
"Now I've thought of the perfect place to go!"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:44 pm 

SilverFang looked back and saw his origional captor running after him. "That's perfect," he said with an urgent tone. "Now do me a favor...Run!" He shouted the last word and bolted away from the guy pulling her along knowing the thing his captor had would stop him dead in his tracks. "Hurry! Go!" He was still shouting and moving as fast as he could.

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:54 pm 

Lerline wondered why he needed to run, but shrugged a little bit and started to run as fast as she could go even if she didn't have a reason. She figured he wouldn't tell her to do that if there wasn't a good reason to, even though she didn't know him well most people didn't tell you that unless they needed to. As she ran along, the ranger quickly darted after them, taking out the device and shot it at Silverfang.
Lerline saw this and knew why he wanted to run, she grimaced becoming angry at this person who was trying to catch her new friend. But what was she to do? Maybe that tree trick might be helpful, with trees in the way he would have a harder time getting a good shot in. She twitched her tail and the trees appeared, and the reason why the people had been screaming in the stadium became clearer.The roots of the trees were thrusting out of the ground trying to grab them. It looked bad, either they were going to be caught by the trees or the ranger. But there was a chance they might get free somehow.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:17 pm 

SilverFang kept on running. When he saw the trees appear and the roots start thrashing he started to weave his way between the roots and kept pulling the girl away and out of the way. He looked back and saw the device heading toward him. He ducked just in time and instead of hitting him it hit a tree. He had seen this type of magic before and knew it could be controled with the proper training. He ducked under a root and then made it out of the woods pulling her along with him. He turned and looked at the forest. Then he started to sing. The song caused the trees to calm down and quiet and remain still but brag hold of his captor instead and watched as the forest and trees once again stopped moving and thrashing with a single root holding his captor in the air. He then turned and walked away quickly. "Come on," he said. "You need to be taught now to use what gift you have but I can't do it! I will help you learn about it but I can't teach you how to control it! However, I do know who can!"

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:21 pm 

As she ran along with him,Lerline watched with amazement as he managed to dodge both the ranger's gun and the roots of the trees that took skill to do that. She was also impressed with his skill to be able to sing to the trees to calm them. When he suggested that she needed to control her power she shook her head.
"I doubt I am ever going to use it again, It did come up on accident once but I think that it had to do something with meeting you. I don't think we should worry about it, anyways I think we have something else to worry about right now...like that ranger."
After the ranger missed you with his first shot he ran up and got the net and started to reload it. She kept running until they got out of the reach of the trees and they didn't have to worry about them anymore, but of course they were just grabbing for anything in reach so the ranger had to dodge out of the roots reach too. Since he was trained to deal with that kind of thing, he had no problem with it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:07 pm 

As she pulled him away he turned back and called the trees to have them only search for and move toward the ranger that was after him. He followed her untill they reached their destination.

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:23 pm 

The trees went after the ranger, and considerably slowed him down. Meanwhile Lerline hurried on past the trees and ahead of the ranger to a mall. The mall was full of all sorts of people. When she got in, she looked behind her figuring the ranger would not follow them into a crowded place to try to catch him.She took a deep long breath as she rested from all the running they had done.
"You shouldn't stand out so much here, there's many people and we can get lost in the crowd.Hopefully the ranger will avoid a crowded area like this one. So now we have time to relax and get to know one another what's your name?My name is Lerline."
She stuck out a hand as she introduced herself to him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:51 pm 

SilverFang grasped her hand and shook it once. "I'm SilverFang but you can call me Silver if you want." He looked around in wonder. "Where are we?"

Learn from the Past,
Live in the Present,
Look to the Future.

-Alathorn-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next