All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:06 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

A realm delved full of mysteries...
A world divided shall fall to chaos, a world without its culture shall perish. Tis what the elders foretold in their prophecies from over six sesquicentennials. A prophecy long forgotten amongst the five regions of Mystíria. The elders that now reign as the sages of advice tell these words as part of a forgotten legend from an era lost from memory.
Nine hundred years since the words of legend had been written in a language that was once universal through the five regions. A lot had changed through the land of Mystíria. The once united land has fallen to petty disputes that had created large rifts between colonies. Regions with alliances to each others hold strict customs that still provide a divide.

Hidden away deep in the grooves of Foraoise Draíochta lays the Well of souls that had remained untouched for almost a millennium. Almost... The well is surrounded by dense trees, over grown with flowering vines. The water that encircles the well from lifetimes of filling ripple at each large footstep of the protector of the well til the beast is calmed to a stop. Its snores echooing through the melody of whispers. A distinct tapping sounds out amongst the simple noise, the whispers silencing themselves as a hooded figure approached the well. They stood there, silent for a good few minutes til they moved their hand to their belt. Revealing files of grey liquids, popping the cork and slowly pouring it into the well. The clear water of the well changing to a murky color as the figure muttered words of an ancient language, the water returning to its pure appearance. The stones of the well each had a symbol of an ancient creature, the figure watching each symbol begin to glow. Pulling down its hood, glowing silver eyes looked up to the falling waters. "The time has come for the realms to crumble."

The Lore...
Amongst the lands lays many pivotal locations that hold a sacredness to the people and the the land itself. Each region has their own guardian, a creature that embodies the very essence of each region, these sacred creatures have been here for longer than legend tell. The creature of light that guards Foraoise Draíochta is a Quadruplet rumored to be formed from the roots of the Crann Na Beatha. Of Caclum Valle is said to live a wyrm that is comprised of the Northern wind and scales of the feathers of the fallen. To the west lies the silent guardian of Forêt des Lumières, its body said to be of the dark forest with antlers of the glowing mushrooms. Of the Southern seas lies a beast of current, its wails the creating the melodies through the whispering corals. To the Eastern Mountains lies the standing golem, said to hold the mountain from falling upon the underground cities, made of the strongest materials. Each guardian has a shrine hidden deep amongst its land where it is said to resign. Though as the centuries has passed, many have forgotten the elder guardians,many saying they never existed or if they did they have long since died, others believe their disappearance is an omen.

The Guardians of the Realms
Foraoise Draíochta~~~~Craobh Allaidh
Forêt des Lumières~~~~Cerfmort
Tumma Rippejä~~~~Merileijona
Caclum Valle~~~~Volucrintia
Unbekannte Höhlen~~~~Stein Menschlich

Though many believe these are tales to incite a sacredness of their home. Another precious place is the gates to each realm, guarded by creatures of the realm, a large coral gate lines the South, dense spiraling gate made from thickets to the west, strong twirling currents of wind surrounding a calm breeze to the north, and to the east lies a marvelous, marble crafted columned gate. And last but not least lays the Well of Souls, water falling from such a height into a well that feeds the water into the land of Mystíria. The grotto hidden deep within the realm of Foraoise Draíochta. The water is said to hold the souls of the fallen across the land, across all time. Tis said while visiting the grotto, the sound of the water is the voices calling out. This is the place all Mystics search for, elders dream of, but only five may enter a millennium.

Things of beauty.
Each like a magical powder
Or potion that could be
Combined with other words
To create
Powerful Spells.

-~UnWritten~

Last edited by ~UnWritten~ on Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:07 pm 

The Regions

Foraoise Draíochta
Through the flowering vines, past the echoing of pixie laughter there lays of a land that flourishes in the light of the sun and the two moons. The flowers reaching for the sky, the trees large and their roots connecting every inch of the forest. Many creatures can be found bounding from the soft forested ground to the curved roots of the trees. Though it was not always this peaceful…
Long before this land was carved out of the larger land surrounding it there were two tribes that lived amongst the flourishing forest. The ‘Fiáin Mac Tíres’ and the ‘Giorriacha Cobhsaí’, more commonly remembered through the lands as the Wild wolves and the Burrowing Hares. They weren’t always at peace, the Wild wolves often chasing the young of the Burrowing Hares for fun, sometimes even eating the Hares they could easily over power. The Hare often injuring the pups of the wolves, causing lasting scars to their hind legs.
The leaders of the two tribes knew they couldn’t keep living like this. Wolves were being scarred for life, the Hares bites often cause the leg to be disabled the wolves, stopping the hunt for their survival, the hares were far from their surviving amount of population. To combat this problem the alpha of the wolves and the leader of the hares came together to come to a means of peace. The alpha of the wolves was a tall red haired female, her stature dominate and her eyes a deadly green. The leader of the hares was a shorter male, his brunette hair shaggy and long and his chocolate brown eyes hardened. They met at the Crann Na Beatha, which they both deemed the tree of life. Here an alliance was formed. A mystic from one tribe would be the opposite of the leader of the land. The wolves taking control of the first half century, when the mystic of the time had died, the roles switching amongst the tribes through the centuries. For centuries the two tribes have lived in peace, the roles of leader and mystic switching every half century.
The inhabitants of this region had the ability two shift between two forms, a beast and a form of the residents of the world from a time long forgotten. In this region they pride themselves of their pedigrees of being Pure bred, a wolf or hare, and though hybrid do exist they are sent out of the two tribes.

Caclum Valle
Follow the twisting winds that curve around the floating islands, the music of the winds whistling through each floating formation. It is the wind that connects the islands of the sky, vines and creeks of water creating a beautiful scene from below, from above the islands are among a sea of golden plain lands, the emerald grasses overwhelmed with royal purple flowers that covered beautiful nests and buildings that are filled with knowledge……
No one can remember when the islands were formed, but most of the inhabitants theorize they came from the mountains that used to take place of their island filled valley. The inhabitants value knowledge over any other virtue “Studium autem cognitio sit sine fine.” The study of knowledge is without end. These words are often upon the lips or beaks of the elder members to the fledgling of their roosts. To live amongst beautiful floating islands, wings have been a necessity for as long as all could fathom. The culture of the inhabitants is based upon the idolization of knowledge, the leader of the coop always preening themselves of their knowledge that rises above the rest of their flock.
The inhabitants of the sky realm idolize the power of knowledge and therefore little else matters. They haven't much care for pure breeds, finding most hybrids having more of an incline toward knowledge capabilities.

Forêt des Lumières
Past the dense forest's edges the trees begin to thin and more paths begin to diverge from the single dark fork in the trail. The deeper the forest gets the darker it seems to be and the lack of life breeds a sense of unease into all who venture deep into the silent forest. Keeping along the trails the forest breathes along, the towering trees swaying with the eerie currents of wind til a sense of being watched overwhelms one. After walking seemingly endless trails a splash of color alarms the eyes as a glowing creature seems to appear from nowhere. Tilting its head til it realizes there is no danger, continuing on its journey. The paths beginning to alight with numerous glowing creatures, trees that seemed to sway began to come to life and the sound of a flute lures one towards an hidden village alive with melodious music and a market...
The Realm of Darkness as many of the other realms refer to it as is one shrouded in mystery, most of its past lost to time. Or that is what the Owlets would have the inhabitants of the realm think. The majority of the realm are the Skeles and Phantoms. They were the first inhabitants of the realm, though through the history the owlet have wrote, they invaded and infected the land that belong to the owlets til the owlet worked an agreement out. The Skeles and Phantoms would live with the Owlets in peace, the Skeles as a sort of military force with an owlet enforcer as the branch's leader and the phantoms as a service. Farmers, merchants, and even to a select few scribes for the owlets.
The inhabitants of the dark forest have lost most of their heritage due to the invasion of the owlets. The owlets were a forgotten race til a very ambitious leader took rise to the dark forest in its time of need. And so the original inhabitants live in servitude to the owlets, the owlets keeping the two groups separated by class and vicious stories of hybrids being unstable and dangerous. The owlets having forbidden a mystic and taken their place as rulers.

Tumma Rippejä
A dip into the estuaries and follow the current past that enticing songs of the sirens and sink deep into the coral reefs filled with colors many only dream of. The currents shape the ever changing mounds of sand that fill the sea floors. As the current highway takes twist and turns to reveal the coral palace, the underwater cavern towns, and even the hidden seaweed sand scrappers the reach from the depth up to the tips of the ocean's surface.
The Realm of the water is the most diverse realm, from salt water met people that range from the seahorse-men, eel-maids, and the mermaids to lagoon people that lived in the estuaries as the sort of the guards of the gate. At each meeting of the realm be it the Foraoise Draíochta that was in the center of all realms, Unbekannte Höhle to the right and Forêt des Lumières to its top the lagoon people were the first face each outsider would see. The sea-dwellers keep to themselves, mostly focusing on their carefree lives and music and fashion.
The inhabitants of the sea realm are seemingly carefree, many of the other realms looking down on their look on life. They didn't care much not having much contact with the other realms despite their other misunderstood partner, the Dark Forest. The leader of the realm was an orca-maid and the mystic being one of the quiet lagoon dwellers, one that lived closer towards the Dark Forest. The water dwellers live as in a small town though they may live miles apart.

Unbekannte Höhlen
Through the twisting caverns that echo with the sound of dense markets, lies the gem filled caves. Hidden in unremarkable cave lies the harmony crystals that ring through the thick rocky walls down into the mines of precious gems. Spiraling down the mines to the heart of the mountain, a large tree with redwood and bears the crystals of the soul for each resident of the mountains. The markets that line the cities of the hidden cave grotto are bustling with bargaining trolls of varying sizes and colors. The occasional brawl ringing out as a deal goes bad. The markets overflowing with the life of trolls and their ruins.
The forgotten realm of the underground is a bustling utopia for the troll variety. Though they have been forgotten by most other realms they have not forgotten the past wars where many of the trolls breatheren had fallen. The trolls are not the only inhabitants of the caves, a species bred specially for their abilities to blend are the coveted changelings. The changeling when born, are a are subspecies of troll that are trained in the art of stealth and are sent out to the other realms as spies to gather Intel and specialty of the female changeling is her ability to keep certain aspects of her other forms in her DNA to pass to her troll young. The trolls live in a tribe like culture, all upon equal standing other than their mystic and their elders taking residence as a council of leaders.
The inhabitants of the underground are a tribal like group, all living together, the life of their caverns surround the market, each stall selling a variety of items made from stone, gems, even moss. The mystic of the realm is always a male troll and the leader is a Changeling, due to their importance in the tribes and since they are the few that leave the realm.

Things of beauty.
Or potion that could be
To create
Powerful Spells.

-~UnWritten~

Last edited by ~UnWritten~ on Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:07 pm 

Heyo my dear forum hoppers~
As you can see I have went through a lot of effort to supply a variety of images to bring this to life, but I wanted to make a post of its own to thank each artist for their contribution. All these artists are from FlightRising

For my first thanks for the concept art of each species goes to @lulupisita
They haven't been on in a good minute but I was trilled to find someone to help me and work with my descriptions to bring these species to life~

Next thanks goes to the amazing @Quintillion
This artist is the bomb .com my dears, I completely recommend~ They helped bring personality and a more illustrated look to my species, to help give you an idea of what these creatures look like. They are amazing to work with and their styles are to die for <3

My next thanks goes to the enchanting @Morela
Another amazing artist to keep in mind who is amazing to work with. I had been watching their art shop for awhile and thought that with their style the guardians of each realm would look absolutely stunning(Spoiler I was right~) Only issue, I didn't have examples except my descriptions, but this amazing artist worked with me to bring these creatures to life.

Next artist is one that I have adored for a couple of years @Beldolor
I was able to snag a piece by this artist back in 2017 and I just couldn't help but jump onto their pinglist and when I was pinged while gathering art for my upcoming role play I knew it was meant to be. With a wondrous design from another amazing artist DeathDino, I sent the design to Beldolor and was, needless to say blown away with the Guardian of the Well of Souls (AKA the first creature you see)

Lastly but certainly not least, the realest og, @SpeiraOfFahhr
I was struggling to find an artist for my map, a piece of this forum I felt would be a bow on this, so I put up a interest post, calling on the great artists this dragon loving site and low and behold. SpeiraOfFahhr was the angel artist to answer my plea~ Also a special thanks to Quintillion for trying and coming up with a sketch for the map. Anywho, believe it or not this is their first map they worked on, but I was more than amazed with their work and their great communication~

And a thanks to @DeathDino for helping me with editing my descriptions and being one I can bounce ideas off of for almost every plot points I whirled around with. And for helping me bring the Guardian of the Well of Souls to life, you are the best <3

Things of beauty.
Or potion that could be
To create
Powerful Spells.

-~UnWritten~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:16 pm 

Heyo~

This is a passion project of mine, but I would love to hear everyone's opinion whether it be why it doesn't interest you or how I could make it better~

Things of beauty.
Or potion that could be
To create
Powerful Spells.

-~UnWritten~

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:17 am 

~UnWritten~ wrote:
Heyo~

This is a passion project of mine, but I would love to hear everyone's opinion whether it be why it doesn't interest you or how I could make it better~

Things of beauty.
Or potion that could be
To create
Powerful Spells.

-~UnWritten~