Post subject: Crystal Trees
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:22 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

Trees as tall as mountains, they say. It is true, they are that tall. They're our trees. Our guardians. Our deities. They float in bottomless craters, with their roots not sinking into the ground but wrapped around the largest crystals ever seen that shine bright as the moon on dark nights. The canopy of the tree overshadowing a village that has been built from the edge of the crater. These villages are sworn to protect the tree, treating them as deities and gods/goddesses to worship. Giving them names and celebrating in the trees shadow, giving offerings to the tree that they believe is there to protect and keep their village safe. Several of these mountainous trees exist on this planet. All of them in bottomless craters, all of them taller than mountains, all of them with roots wrapped around giant crystals though uniquely each tree has a crystal of different colors and types, and all of them have a village under their canopy, sworn to protect the tree with their very lives.

These villages consist of people with no special power, no special gift, but a will and only goal in life is to worship and protect the trees that protect their own home. The villagers worship the tree and hold special traditions in hopes of gaining gifts and insights into the future. One tradition includes bringing newborn babies to the small bridge that goes out above the crater before halting right before the truck of the tree, laying the new born in front of it and praying, wishing for a gift to their new born or a sign in the direction the life of the new born will take. Always a leaf will fall from and land on the baby's stomach . This leaf will usually hold a mark or symbol that, after years of study, have been given meaning. These marks could be an insight of the future of the baby, the skills the baby will grow to have, the path they are to take in life, hints to the fated love one they will once find, or the invention they will make that will save the village one day. Never a bad omen is given.

Once in a generation, when a new born is laid in front of the tree, a small crystal necklace will slowly descend and lay on the baby's chest. The crystal, small and wrapped with strong wood that holds it to the necklace, is always the same color as the crystal the tree holds onto by its roots. Only one villager is given a crystal necklace in their village during their generation and once that villager has passed on, the crystal breaks into several little pieces that slowly fade away and usually another new born is given the crystal necklace by the tree soon after.

Those gifted with the crystal necklace gain supernatural abilities. These supernatural abilities range in unique ways and these powers are believed to be gifts from the trees, power bestowed upon the best and proudest, the ones that will grow to become leaders. The crystals from each tree are different and seem to give different powers depending on the type of crystal. Since all crystals are different for each tree, each village under their tree has what they call a Chosen One that is given a crystal from their tree and gifted with unique super powers unlike any other on the planet.

Many believe those bestowed with the crystal necklace are given the powers of the tree itself, some say they're the tree's soul that is reincarnated into these babies each generation to walk among the people, some believe it is just a gift given to those the tree believes to be powerful. No matter the belief, these Chosen Ones all have a unique colorful crystal around their neck, all different in color, and all given unique supernatural powers.

To do what with? To protect their village and their tree as most believe and practice? Or is it for something else entirely? I guess that's for them to decide.

So, this is just a little idea that came from a dream I had. It's very open to whatever ideas you may want to throw in there. The top is just sort of an idea of what the world is like. You guys can be a chosen one from one of the villages or anything else, like some priestess of the tree of something like that or a baker or a leader of the village or something. Literally, anything.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

This will probably be a slow RP, I'm not going to require any sort of posting timeline. As long as you let me know you're still interested when the RP goes quiet for awhile, I have no problem waiting for replies.

After I get two people interested, I'll start the OOC.

It will be a sandbox like world. I may throw out something that makes it into a sort of plot idea later on that people can jump onto or not, but for now it's an open world!

Villages can be close by to one another or at a distance, so depending on what you want you can meet other people's character early or later on.

Don't be afraid to share ideas!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Crystal Trees
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:57 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Ooo!

I know I'm definitely interested in seeing where this goes. :D

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:26 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

YAY!!! Thank you!!!
Once I probably get one more person interested, I'll put up the OOC and link it here.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:06 pm 

Fear the plant

Well obviously I have to be in on this if it's about trees. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:10 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

YAY! Second persons! HAHA! It is about trees and also other awesome stuff.

I'll have the OOC up later today then!

More people need to join, so please anyone interested let me know!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:10 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Here is the OOC Thread http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=53167

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

Again, more people should join because group RPs are awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:42 am 

Medals: 4
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

I am also interested Yoe. May I join?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:46 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Yes you are more than welcome to :) take a look at the OOC above for more information and an optional character sheet!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:38 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

So just letting everyone know, this is very much still active and open for more roleplayers. I've been slow to start (my apologizes!) but I'll probably start this soon... maybe... but I'm in no rush and would like more people! So... pretty please??

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:52 pm 

Contemplating existence

3rd Year (1)

Been looking to get active again with roleplays, and this looks pretty interesting... so I'm interested as well! Sign me up :)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:57 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

WOOT! All up for more people!! Please go ahead and read over the OOC. There's an optional character sheet if you want to fill out, all I require is your character name!

This roleplay will probably always be open, so anyone is welcome to join at anytime!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:22 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

3rd Year (1)

Hey all! Originally this idea never officially took over because I disappeared. I am back and would like to restart this up again (even though it never took off in the beginning). I don't know if anyone that originally showed interest is still interested but you're more then welcome to join up!

Also anyone new who may be interested, this is active and looking for new members!

Here's the OOC as well: http://creativefreedomrpg.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=53167&p=405209#p405209