All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:48 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

So, I tried this RP before, but we didn't get as far into it as I would have liked before everyone got busy and it ended up stopping. I would really love to give it another try, but with a few tweaks.

Emrys is a world not quite like those you are used to. It is a world where many of the creatures of legend are real, but perhaps not quite as you remember them. Immortality or Semi-immortality exist in many forms and are not unheard of among certain bloodlines, particularly royal bloodlines. There are those outside of the royal bloodlines that may hold such power, they are simply less common. This will be explained in more detail in the OOC, if enough people are interested.

Examples of races & supernatural beings | +
Witches/Wizards/Sorcerers/practitioners of magic (not specific to one race)
Dragons
Phoenix
Ents
Faeries
Elves
Wraiths
Merfolk
Kitsune
And more (A more complete listing will be given in the OOC. If you have a supernatural creature or race you would like to use that is not on the list when posted, you may request it, just shoot me a PM and we can discuss it before you create your character.)

There are many kingdoms throughout the world, each based roughly on an element. Each kingdom has a ruler, whether it be a king or a queen, as well as heirs (princesses and/or princes), and nobles. There are kingdoms who elect their leaders, however, the majority are ruled by monarchs. These rulers meet from time to time and form a council of kingdoms. This is basically to keep the kingdoms at peace and in good standing with one another, as well as allowing for the continued trade and such between kingdoms. There is a head of the council, who does not rule over the other kingdoms, but does oversee things in the council and is generally well respected among the other members of the council.

Kingdoms | +
Amun - Kingdom of air
Argus - Kingdom of light (Now ruins and the meeting place for the council)
Ciardah - Kingdom of darkness (Now ruins)
Cordelia - Kingdom of water
Eirwen - Kingdom of winter (snow and ice)
Pyralis - Kingdom of fire
Tarren - Kingdom of earth
Tora - Kingdom of lightning

Plot: Long ago the world fell into chaos, a war brought about when two siblings, one who wielded the power of darkness, and the other who wielded the power of ice, clashed. Aeron, who had finally succumbed to the darkness within himself, sought to destory his sister, Isolde, and rule the world on his own. A new world of his own making. Isolde, not wanting to see their world plunged into darkness, fought back. After defeating her brother, she became the new vessel for the darkness, keeping it in check with her own magic for centuries, until she finally transferred it into a new vessel, Dardanos, the prince of Ciardah. Unable to keep the darkness in check, Dardanos lost control and the world was once again faced with war. The war stretched on for years, until Dardanos (now known as Dardanos, the Devourer) and his kingdom finally suffered a crushing defeat at the hands of the other kingdoms, particular the kingdom of Argus. With the end of the war, the world ushered in a new era of peace, but that peace had come at a cost. The kingdom of Argus was all but decimated, and those citizens who lived were forced to start their lives over in a new kingdom. Isolde, queen of Eirwen, had also disappeared, leaving her daughter to take her place as queen.

Now, after centuries of peace, the world will once again be faced with war. After years spent in exile, living among the ruins of his old kingdom with no one but his wraiths and other dark creatures to keep him company, Dardanos is finally ready to make his move. The kingdoms, weakened by centuries of peace, will soon face a darkness far greater than they can imagine at the hands of the dark mage who seeks to exact his revenge on the kingdoms that once defeated him. Will he succeed in his quest for revenge? Or will he face defeat once more?

Characters: I will be playing Eira, the young queen of Eirwen.

*** At this point, I'm not sure if garsot will be returning, so I might be looking for someone to pick up Dardanos, or a general who will act in his stead for the time being. If anyone is interested, please let me know! ***

Below is a list of some potential character ideas. You are, of course, welcome to play any sort of character you like, as long as they can fit into the story.

Other characters | +
Rulers for each kingdom*
Generals
Soldiers
Advisers
Nobles
Magic users
Followers of Dardanos (Either dark creatures or someone who chooses to side with him)

The OOC is here if you want to check it out before deciding if you want to do, feel free to do so.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or PM me.

Last edited by Amara on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Darkness and Ice
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:10 pm 

The OOC has been posted here. It is in the cave, as I've not seen any interest here. If anyone here is interested but cannot participate in the cave, I am not opposed to the RP being Alpha. Just let me know. :)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:07 am 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Come on all. We don't bite. Unless you ask us too.

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:11 am 

We do not! I have decided to do the RP here in Alpha, so that people who can't use the cave can join us. :) New OOC is here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:44 pm 

((I may add more to this or do a bit of editing, but here is Eira's character sheet.))

Name: Eira Anwyl

Appearance: Eira is a tall girl, standing at about 5'11, with a lithe, thin, but curvy build. She has long, thick curly hair that falls about her mid-back and is such a light blonde that it is almost white. Her eyes are a light, almost ice-blue that at times may appear almost grey, set against the fair skin, high cheekbones and sharp angles that make up a beautiful--but perhaps a bit unusual, if you ask her--face. Her skin is light and fair, but not quite pale. She has an air of elegance and grace, yet also a cold, aloof, almost detached manner about her, which many find intimidating.

As far as attire goes, she can usually be found in light, elegant gowns when in public or really most of the time nowadays. She can occasionally be found in something less queen-like, but she is almost always in something nice and elegant, unless the situation calls for something specific, such as in battle or if going out into a blizzard or something of the likes where thicker, winter attire is favorable. Despite her near immunity to the cold, in extreme cold, even she can feel the sting and chill.

Race: Human - Snow Queen, practitioner of winter based magic.

Mortality: Immortal

Kingdom: Eirwen

Abilities:
-Winter magic: Eira, like her mother before her, was born the Snow Queen. She was gifted with control over winter magic.
*She can create, control, and manipulate snow, ice, cold gusts of wind, even control or create blizzards.
*She can disguise her appearance, mainly either to mask herself entirely or either soften or hide her face, with the use of snow. She cannot actually physically alter her appearance.
*She is practically immune to the cold and can also protect someone else from the cold using her magic, although this does require a steady flow of magic, even if it's not much.
*She can chill the air around her or use the cold to slow a person or creature's heartbeat, either to render them unconscious or to stop their heart altogether. The line between simply taking their consciousness and leaving them alive, or taking their life is a fine one, and one that is not always clearly defined, making it easy to push just a little too far and stop the heart rather than simply slowing it to the point where consciousness fades.

-Other magic: Beyond winter magic, Eira also has some other various forms of magic that she has been granted.
*Mesmer magic: Her abilities to use this form of magic are limited to two simple things. First is a form of suggestion. She essentially laces her words with magic to make the person more likely to agree to what she requests. How well this works will depend on the strength of someone's mind and how open a person's mind is to suggestion. Secondly, she can, to some degree, make someone forget something. This does not mean she can wipe their memory, even one simple memory. Rather, she can alter the memory slightly, altering small details to change the memory from it's original form to make them forget what it is that she wants them to forget. The detail has to be impeccable. If the person realizes that something isn't right, they can cause the original memory to resurface. So, again, the effectiveness depends on the strength of the person's mind.
*Sight: Eira can see things that she otherwise would not be able to see. This is accomplished through the use of an object given to her by her mother, a small mirror. It allows her to find people, as well as the see things outside of her realm, or things she otherwise could not see. She can also use this to block the sight of others in order to keep them from finding her or seeing her.

-Intellect: Eira has extraordinary intellect. She is cunning, logical, observant, and excellent at deduction. She is very bright, inquisitive, and resourceful. Because of her tendency to see things only from a logical, rational point of view, she does not understand much as far as emotions are concerned, and often finds decisions based on such confusing.

-Swordsmanship: While she is far from the most skilled swordsman in the land, she was taught how to fight with a sword and is at the very least competent and capable of holding her own in a fight.

-Archery: Eira was also trained in archery and she is a more than competent archer. Although this is not typically her choice of fighting-styles, she is capable of using a bow fairly skillfully, if needed.

Weaknesses: Eira's main weakness is Dardanos, or rather the Darkness. The magic he wields is her weakness. The magic alone is not enough to actually kill her, but when used correctly, his magic can weaken and subdue her, bringing her to the brink of death and, should he wish, keep her there for as long as he can hold out. Her magic has the same effect on him. There are two weapons imbued with the magic of Aeron and Isolde that are capable of killing her.

Personality: Eira is a bit of an unusual girl. She was once a happy, but perhaps somewhat fragile child, easily hurt by even the gentlest of correction, prone to tears and hurt feelings. She was loved by her mother and adored by her father, but those days are long gone. After the disappearance of her parents she changed, out of necessity more than desire. Nowadays many would describe her as cold, aloof, detached. She does not cry anymore, nor does she often give herself to many emotions at all. She has built a nearly impenetrable wall around herself to keep her emotions in, and to protect her from further pain. She doesn't let people in and her trust is not easily won, though it is easily lost.

Her biggest weakness is likely the fact that she has a hard time trusting people or letting them in, and may even push people away if they get too close. Mostly she holds people at arms length so that they can't get close, and her cold, aloof nature doesn't typically make that a difficult task, given that many find her somewhat intimidating, meaning that there aren't often many men who might seek to try to win her heart.

Rather than being driven by emotions, she is ruled by logic. She is ever calm, calculating and rational, rather than letting emotions cloud her decisions. She is very observant with excellent deductive skills, as well as intelligent and inquisitive.

While many may see her as uncaring due to her cold and aloof nature, she will always look out for the best interest of her kingdom and will do everything in her power to protect the lives of those the follow her. She will not easily throw away the life of someone on her side, but she will not hesitate to take the life of an enemy, or anyone who threatens her or her people. She may regret that she had to take a life, and she will do her best to avoid unnecessary death, but she will do what she must to protect her kingdom.

Eira is known for her honesty and for always keeping her word. She is, at times, brutally honest and perhaps wanting for tact, but you will never have to question whether or not what she says is the truth. Likewise, if she makes a promise, she will keep it. That is not to say that there are never times that she has found a loophole in a deal she made and followed the letter of the law, so to speak, as opposed to the spirit of the law. This, however, is not common practice for her, nor does she do so lightly.

Because of her own honesty and integrity, she expects the same of others. She does not take well to liars or those that toss their word around lightly and do not follow through. Furthermore, she does not tolerate betrayal or disloyalty. This is one area where she is prone to, at times, lack understanding and even be somewhat unreasonable. She is not very forgiving of those that break her trust, and if she is betrayed, it is highly unlikely that she will ever forgive that person, depending on the extent of the betrayal. Her instinct is to protect herself, which means eliminating those people that have hurt her and thus may do so again in the future, from her life.

History: Eira was born the only child to the king and queen of Eirwen. She has no memories of her childhood before her mother's death when she was eight years old. Her father died before her mother, as he was mortal, so she doesn't remember him, nor does she remember much about her mother, or the love they gave her. She has a singular memory from the last night she saw her mother, the night she disappeared, but otherwise, she has no memories of the events before or surrounding her mother's death. After her parent's deaths, she was raised by Meuric, a man who had been close to her parents, who became the regent until she came of age to take the throne. The man, while not cruel, was not kind to her. He showed her no love, only indifference. Initially she would cry when he would scold her, but that only earned her punishment. She slowly learned not to cry when anyone could see, and eventually she stopped crying altogether.

Just months before her eighteenth birthday, when she was set to take the throne, she learned of his betrayal. He had been working for Dardanos, and had meant to kill her and take the throne for himself. The only reason he had not taken her life before was that he needed a weapon capable of killing her, and he also needed a plan to throw suspicion off of himself, given that there were very few ways that one could kill an immortal, and with him standing to inherit her kingdom, he would be the suspect and it would be unlikely that anyone would follow him. In the end, his attempt to take her life failed and instead, she took his life and her throne. She now rules Eirwen and presides over the council of kingdoms, as her mother had before her.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) October 2016 (1)
Blog: View Blog (12)

Psst.... may i?

P.S. I'm a typo queen. Sorry in Advance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:12 pm 

Of course you may!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:14 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) October 2016 (1)
Blog: View Blog (12)

Okay! i will work on a character tomorrow. As i'm about to leave my computer. This sounds awesome! i also may need to a few (or alot) of questions!

P.S. I'm a typo queen. Sorry in Advance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:19 pm 

Yay! And questions are more than welcome! Ask away!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:16 pm 

Wow! i'm definitely interested in this, mind if i join? :o

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:17 pm 

You are more than welcome to join us! The more, the merrier! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:20 pm 

Woo! thank you :o I think I might join as one of the Princess's, i'll start working on my character either tonight or tomorrow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:24 pm 

Awesome! I look forward to seeing what you come up with! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:04 pm 

Missing My Companions

Medals: 3
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (2)

Just to officially let you know, My Companion, I will be reading the OOC soon, and looking into a character of my own for this intriguing world and story you have created.

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

~J.R.R. Tolkien

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:06 pm 

Woohoo! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:11 pm 

I have returned

I may be interested I’ll be checking through the OOC to see if I can make a character to fit the world.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:13 pm 

Awesome. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:45 am 

3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Also interested!

https://www.twitch.tv/magicklegacy

Clicks please? ImageImageImageImageImage Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:32 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Come one. Come all!

Hello there. Despite calling myself a madman, I am quite friendly. My door is open should one need an ear, so feel free to consult me should life be getting on your tail. I also have a link to my resume here as well as a work in progress list of my characters here. I will likely be serving some plot cakes over the summer.