All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Auburn Queen
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:52 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Okay, so let's try an idea on for size.

This has always been a small fancy of mine and one I've tried to turn into a novel. However, while I have the beginning and end in mind.... it's the middle I struggle to contrive. I've tried this on several sites, but the results were unsatisfactory.

The Auburn Queen
In a low fantasy, medieval setting, all studies of science have been banned by an evil queen. She keeps her population uneducated so that she can rule by fear and keep the constituents of her nation uninformed. She has a few 'wizards' (scientists) under her employ so that 'magical' feats can be performed in the eyes of the public and keep this fear alive.

The novel, however, focuses on a couple of men who dare to study the sciences in secret. When word gets to the queen about these lawbreakers, she recognizes the danger they pose and sets out to capture them in a village raid. They escape and the plot focuses on their journey to avoid being captured by her general, gather help in a plan to overthrow the evil queen, and discover whether stories of the past king are myth or legend.

Main Characters:
Theophilus - a 60 year old religious man who insists that God is the answer for everything and has deeply founded beliefs based on this idea
Aderes - his 24 year old counterpart and fellow scientist; holds some disdain for Theophilus' faith
Jael - a young woman captured during the village raid
Queen Jezebel - the merciless queen
General Cain - Jezebel's number one man and lover, who is put in charge of the pursuit; a crass and very base man
Jacob - an innkeeper who plays an essential role in getting the two heroes started on their journey
Unnamed Woman - the heroine of the story; someone who Theophilus knows about and leads the party to find; becomes the love interest of Aderes but doesn't enter the story until later
King Abdiel - Jezebel's "late" husband who is rumored to still be alive and raising an army somewhere to end the cruel reign of his wife

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The Auburn Queen
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:03 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

I hope a bump is okay. :)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace