All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:17 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

So I wanted to post this and see how many people would be interested in this before venturing further. So here you go:

"You better watch yourselves around these parts, Zeldor ain't no place for heroes"

-Pirate Lord Soran to Grandmaster Durnil

Ill times have fallen on the Rangers, the former guard to the Emperors of Zeldor. After the assassination of Emperor Regulus X, who left no living heir, the Zeldoran Empire fractured into many warring states, after being unable to elect a successor. From the snowy land of Drakenwuld where there hardy people rode drakes into battle, to the southern realm of Torandail where gleaming knights take the field alongside peasant militia, war erupted as all tried to carve out larger borders, and eat what remained of the old capital lands of Ar Dornast. The Rangers, then known as the Phoenix Guard, did all they could to defend the old lands and maintain order, being one of the few able to utilise magic, living long lives which they used to perfect their martial prowess. But as their numbers dwindled, and the capital of Al Dornast was burnt to the ground along with the knowledge of how to create more, they took the name Rangers and began to roam.

Lead by Grandmaster Durnil, they took an oath to encourage and safeguard peace, and to defend the states until the were united once more. However they were universally unaccepted by all nations, who viewed them not only as former enemies, but monsters to be eradicated. For decades they wandered the continent, fighting hordes of Dark Ones, warbands of Orcs and occasionally armies sent to deal with them until they were slowly pushed into the far east to the Forests of Shadow where they met an unlikely ally, the Elves. The Elves had been pushed to the edge of annihilation after the boom of the other races, and the race who once ruled a continent had been reduced to one city in the forest, Elacrai. Finding it under siege by a Toranian army from the south, Durnil ordered the attack on the rear of the besiegers, routing the superior force. Meeting with the Elven Council of Nobles, they gave their thanks and offered them access to the city, where no other race had entered for years. The Council and Durnil struck a bargain, where the Rangers would lend their power in casting a powerful illusion to hide Elacrai to all but those deemed friends to the Elves, and in return the Rangers would forever find a home within its walls. Sadly afterwards, Durnil died from a poison wound suffered in the battle.

The wars began to die down as borders began to settle in place, with only sporadic wars between 2 or 3 nations and not the continent engulfing civil war that had raged for nearly 50 years. The Rangers under their second Grandmaster Vulcan, began their crusade against those who would harm the nations of Zeldor. Believing wholeheartedly in Durnil's vision, he frequently ordered the Rangers against the Dark Ones over the mountains to the east and the warbands of Orcs to the north of the forest and with over 400 years of near constant warfare the Rangers dwindled from 5000 to merely 1500 due to the attrition of battles. But unknown to them, a new, more dangerous enemy was about to arrive on the shore of Zeldor.

The Varricus Imperium arrived on the south eastern shores from a continent far away. Worshippers of the Ruinous Ones, and highly militarized, they posed a threat to the balance that had managed to take root on the continent, and with their vast, highly trained armies, not much could stop them. Upon hearing of the arrival of the invaders, Grandmaster Vulcan decided that it would be better to destroy this fledgling bud before to turned into a tree. Mobilizing the Rangers, they marched to the encampment of the invaders determined to drive them back into the sea. The Rangers experienced some success at first, and looked set to defeat them until the powers of the Ruinous Ones intervened. Within the ranks of the Imperium were sorcerers. Wielding dark magic not seen on Zeldor for over a millennium, they summoned a warp portal behind the Rangers which dispatched a horde of demons to cut off their retreat, with the lieutenants of each Ruinous One accompanying their demons. And this is where our story truly begins, with the Rangers facing an impossible enemy and faced with annihilation.

Yet fate has decreed that not all should perish this day. Several Rangers, chosen by destiny, are chosen to escape this slaughter and unite the lands against the Varricus Imperium and the Ruinous Ones. Will they do so by being shining beacons of virtue, fighting until the bitter end to uphold the old oath? Or will they forge their own path with fire and blood, bringing the rebellious states to heel and reforming the old Empire?

I'll share more after I get more people interested.

Last edited by iiReaper on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The Rangers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:31 pm 

Suuuuper bored, hmu with RP ideas ^^

Honestly that all sound really intriging. You definitely have my interest in it. I'd love to see more of the world and story.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:48 am 

Great! I'll post an official OOC when I get a few more people, there isn't a max number to how many people can join in this.

Also, RosyRenegade, would you like me to DM you the lore of the lands, religions, and nations?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:25 pm 

Suuuuper bored, hmu with RP ideas ^^

Yeah that would be awesome actually. I'd love to read more about it all ^^

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:47 pm 

Alright.

The same information will also be posted in the OOC as well, in case if anyone else wants to see more of the lore.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:36 am 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)

Seems interesting! I'd be up for joining. :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:22 am 

Awesome! I'm gaining more members! As was the case with Rosy, I'll DM you the lore of the lands, Amara.

And for anyone viewing this RP, don't be afraid to join! I promise I don't bite (usually) and it's bound to be a great journey.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:34 pm 

You have nothing to fear, But Fear himself

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Hmm, this caught my eye for sure, I'm interested. sounds like a grand time to be had.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:59 pm 

Yes! Alright! 4 members including myself. I'll extend the deadline of interest to Thursday. After that, the RP will begin. Meanwhile, Ill get the OOC up and running.

*Update*

OOC is now up. Here's the link:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=52502

Last edited by iiReaper on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:10 pm 

Hm..my PMs aren't going through to you, ShadowsVictor, but do you have any questions? I was just wondering on how you were doing on the character sheet. Also, I've removed the races part because the Rangers are technically a race of their own. But you can choose to have been a human, elf, orc, etc before becoming a ranger.

Update: I've decided to accept more people, so don't be afraid to join.