All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:39 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Okay, let's just start off by saying I'm tentatively coming out of my hiatus, so this will probably be my only roleplay for quite a while.

With that out of the way, let's carry on. This is actually a second attempt to a story I started before going on hiatus, so a few of you have already seen it. As a disclaimer, this is starting from scratch, with new characters and new challenges assigned to each of them.

Roleplay-related disclaimers:

All characters for this roleplay are regular humans, without any superpowers or special skills. Also, this roleplay will be about character development and bonding.
No self-inserts, please. I can't stress this enough. It always leads to drama and hurt feelings.
No super special characters, like a 14 year old going to college. All characters should be at least 18.
Be patient, we have a time limit for posting, and people will be skipped once the time expires, so nagging isn't necessary (nor is it the kind of conduct I'm willing to have in this roleplay, this is supposed to be fun and relaxing).

Plot: The characters (up to 8, counting mine - so one for each available challenge) are all in the same university, and have ended up developing a bond as a group. During one of the terms, all of them will face some personal challenge that will cause them to rethink their choices and consider dropping out, and only the support of their friends will keep them afloat.

Further information: This will be an unstructured roleplay, with the players creating the story as we go. Posts should be done two weeks after the previous post, and we'll have a posting order so we don't get lost, so if you can't usually keep up this pace, please don't apply. Special situations that arise during the rp will be looked at case by case. Romance is allowed, but the characters need to interact with others as well, not just their SO.

And here's the catch: You don't get to choose your character's challenge. I have a list of options here in this post, and they will be put in an order and selected via die roll. If this takes off, the writers will be allowed to tell me if they don't want some specific challenges in the OOC thread, but all the others will be put up for random selection. That goes for my character as well. And it will be first come first serve, as in those who come in first will have more possibilities.

The challenges (remember, you can opt out of any of these in the OOC if you'd like):

Losing a family member (someone close enough for the loss to affect their emotional balance)
Mental health issues (if you get this, you get to choose exactly what the issue will be)
Getting kicked out of their home (if you get this, you get to choose the exact reason)
Gang involvement
Getting pregnant/getting someone pregnant and having to face adult life sooner than they planned
Drug involvement
Becoming a caregiver for a sick family member
Losing the job they needed to pay for their education

Feel free to ask any questions! If I get 3 other people for this, I'll start detailing OOC information!

Takers:
1- Shades
2- AhZombies
3- Cotton
4- Yue
5- (empty)
6- (empty)
7- (empty)
8- (empty)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:02 am 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

If you're willing to have me, I'd love to try this again :)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:02 pm 

Sort of back.

Added to the list! Two more, and it's happening!

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:10 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Of course I'll join!

First time I've ever had my fingers crossed for pregnancy or mental health issues xD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:15 pm 

Sort of back.

Don't you go trying any of those in real life, young lady! (Adding you to the list, one more victim now!)

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:01 pm 

I'm ALIVE! I think...

Mentor

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (7)

I want in! :D *Raises hand happily*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:08 pm 

Sort of back.

Awesome!
I'll have the OOC up some time tomorrow!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:25 pm 

Sort of back.

@AhZombies
@Cotton
@Yue

OOC is up! Feel free to drop by there whenever!

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=52328