All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Glass Landscape
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:03 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"...After all that we have had to endure these last few months, I now look back on the mundane -- the trips to the dry cleaners, endless piles of paperwork, buying a carton of milk -- with a relish that only the aged and infirm have understood. Now, of course, we all understand..."
- Journal Entry, 10 28 17

Glass Landscape is a post societal roleplay set during an ongoing pathological apocalypse. It contains elements of slice-of-life, action, horror, drama, and realism. This roleplay is going to get dirty, and it isn't going to pan out to a happy ending. The world is dying... the world of anyone unfortunate enough to be in the United States of America when it begins.

When a deadly retrovirus sweeps the United States, it will wipe out over 98% of the country's population.
And it's spreading.

The remaining two percent are immune to the virus and its effects. Only one person--in some cases two--in one family is estimated to survive. The immunity is solely hereditary and only umbilical stem cells have a chance at delaying the infection, but not a cure. Because of the sheer death count and absence of the proper facilities, this procedure is nearly impossible to perform.

Quarantine procedures were ineffective due to the rate of progression the virus had on the populace. Armed guards were placed outside of capital cities with orders to shoot if anyone tried to leave. In addition to the millions dying of the virus, hundreds were killed at gunpoint.

On October 28, 2017, the President of the United States addressed the remaining nation and urged them to pray, before collapsing on live television. It was Dr. Jonas Salk's 120th birthday. The inventor of the polio vaccine.

We are a small band of survivors who have come together in New York City, New York. We are from all over the nation and had hoped to gain access to the hospitals that were able to do blood transfusions. Unfortunately, we were too late. And we are not alone. We will compete with other ragtag groups of survivors for territory and resources.

The end isn't near, it's here.
_________

The geography and demographics of the roleplay can and will be discussed at a later time.

Um, I'm not planning for the rules to be too complicated. Most of it will just be, I hope, common sense.
There ARE going to be plot-specific guidelines I need to be followed.
Most of the medical/political details can be BS for creativity's sake, especially since the research into stem cells is limited and controversial.

I'm open to suggestions about the development of the plot, though I do have an outline I'll put on the OOC thread.
Please let me know if there are any giant holes in the story, I'm trying to make this as concrete as possible.

Lastly, character submissions will only be posted and approved on the OOC thread, which I will make if people show enough interest. I have a premade sheet I'd prefer to use, but if you have a different one that contains the same info, feel free to use it.

If you've made it this far, thank you for at least reading it through.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Glass Landscape
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:18 pm 

im interested and i have a character i was gonna use on another site for another apoc RP but the people there got too demanding and rude so i stopped checking in.

i have a question: Are we roaming like in The Walking Dead? Or are we camping like in 7 Days to Die? i like the idea of camping if it's rural, but it's suicide to camp anywhere urban like NYC.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:55 pm 

Were staying in NYC for now, because we can't get out of the city on foot.
This isn't a zombie roleplay--our enemies are immune humans like us and cities have the highest concentrations of resources, but more boundaries are set. It's more like The Stand.

Remember, we all went to NYC in the first place to get help, but now there's nothing anyone can do.

Maybe if we can find gasoline or a working vehicle, we can go to other places. For now, no.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:22 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

Captivating title, new member to meet, solid and interesting spin on a classic premise? I'm in.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:40 pm 

Muchas gracias.

I want to get at least one more person in the next few days or so, then I'll set up the OOC thread. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:29 pm 

Oh this looks really cool, I'm interested!

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:49 pm 

Alright, working on the OOC now. This is great!

Here it is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:01 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

I'm interested too, if you're still wanting members! :)