All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:23 pm 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

All right. I keep telling myself it will be the last attempt every time I make one, but here we go again! Don’t believe me, I lie. XD I’ll try and keep it pretty much to the point, and anyone who has any questions is free to ask them!

I’ll start it off with some disclaimers:

#1: I’m looking for fresh, from-scratch characters for this.
#2: This is AU, so if something doesn’t fit canon, it doesn’t have to in the first place.
#3: Everyone can have as many characters as they feel they can handle.
#4: We will have a posting deadline of two weeks, and a posting order. Should two weeks go by without a post, the person will be automatically skipped and will have to wait for their turn to come around again. Should someone have more than one character, they can be in different points of the posting order, and each will have their own deadline of two weeks (aka it’s not cumulative per writer).
#5: All characters, including the Headmaster/Headmistress and the secret villain, are up for grabs. However, whoever takes these characters (especially the villain) will have to work closely with me, as a co-GM of sorts, and will be held to stricter activity standards than other writers, as they will be helping move the story along.

With all that being said, here’s the plot:

30 years after the end of the last Wizarding War, both the wizarding and muggle worlds seem to be at peace. The Statute of Secrecy has been dropped, and relations between wizards and muggles have never been this good in centuries.

Most witches and wizards are happy with the state of affairs. But, as always, some are not. One of these decided, after reading extensively about Voldemort, that he or she will carry on his legacy and do what he could not - rid the wizarding society of muggleborns and half-bloods.

This person will manage to take the Elder Wand and start their reign of terror, quietly at first, within the very walls of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Plot disclaimers:

Character injury and even death is very likely, especially if your character is not a pure blood.
Nobody knows (IC) who the villain is until he or she reveals their plans and actions openly.
Characters can choose whatever side appeals to them in the upcoming war.
I strongly encourage adult characters or older students (5th year and up) as characters, as younger students wouldn’t really have much to do or much of a say in the event of a war.
Romance between characters is obviously allowed, as long as the characters still participate in the plot and interact with others.
If you want a special plot line for your character, please PM me with your ideas and I will develop them and include them in overarching plot.

Well, I guess that’s it! I’ll start an OOC with 5 characters (not necessarily 5 writers), and will probably post it in the weekend after I get them, if enough people show interest here. Please, don’t post your characters here. Simply point out which characters you’re interested in, as such:

“I’d like to take the Headmaster and the Herbology teacher”;
“I’d like the Potions teacher and a student”.

Reserved characters will be listed here
Headmaster/Mistress (free - will NPC if nobody takes them)
Villain (free - will NPC if nobody takes them)
Divination teacher (taken, Shades)
Slytherin 5th year student (taken, Shades)

Thank you for reading, and feel free to ask any questions!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:48 pm 
Savior

Medals: 4
Completed RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Alright, I don't see anyone saying anything yet but how are things in the wizarding world at the time now. Do they stick to wands and brewing potions? Is there any advances like a wizard Industrial revolution? Also about the villain, the character is expected to be a student in hogwarts?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:52 pm 

Sort of back.

First question: Yes, they definitely still stick to the traditional ways of magic, with wands and potions, but since they are more integrated with muggles, they take advantage of some of what their technology and advancements have to offer.

Second: I'm thinking an adult, for the villain, someone working in there - even as a teacher or some other member of staff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:47 am 
Savior

Medals: 4
Completed RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I see. Do you intend for the plot to be black and white in terms of morality when it comes to storytelling or can it be expected to see grayer tones of morality? Also, am I allowed to innovate advancements in the wizarding community?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:56 am 

Sort of back.

I would say mostly black and white, with the history behind the wizarding community, it's kind of hard to stay in a gray zone.
As for innovations, I'd like them to be run by me so we don't turn this into the "barely-magical" community, but suggestions are definitely welcome.