|Creative Freedom RPG
|The Midnight Ember (D&D-esque RP)
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||RavioliMan [ Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:44 pm ]|
|Post subject:||The Midnight Ember (D&D-esque RP)|
Greetings RP-ers! I've been contemplating a D&D-esque roleplay (as stated in the title) and for all who're interested in D&D but don't have the proper materials I have just the kinda RP for you. Keep in mind, I don't have a set story, the story shifts with every action your character makes, though the general story is that your character is on a quest (whether self-proclaimed quest or sent by their lords and kings) to find the Midnight Ember. It is said to bestow its user with incredible power. The starting setting is in the kingdom of Neverwinter. I'm your Dungeon Master, Ravioli Man, and I'll be giving ye the rules for playing.
1. Please, I don't mean to seem like a killjoy, but this RP requires the format "action. "dialogue" action." Not "*action* dialogue *action*".
2. As per the RP code, wait your turn. The one who comments first will go (obviously) first.
3. Once you find the Midnight Ember, the game ends. Whichever party finds the Midnight Ember the quickest wins.
1. Please, for the love of God and all that is holy, no self inserts. I get it if your character shares your real life name if you can't think up of a name for your character, but other than that please no self-inserts.
2. For attributes, use this link (https://rolz.org/) and type "1d100" in the "Roll Any Dice Code" area. I hate to sound like a math teacher, but round to the nearest 10 afterwards.
3. The playable races are Human, Orc, Elf, Dwarf, The Undead, and Halfling. So please, don't come up with races like "OMEGA-ALPHA-SUPER-DEMI-GOD".
4. The playable classes are Fighter, Knight, Barbarian, Warlock/Witch (or Lich if you're undead), Thief and Healer.
- Fighters specialize in attack, but fall short in stamina. If you're this class, add 10 to Strength and take 10 away from Constitution.
- Knights specialize in defense, but fall short in attack. If you're this class, add 10 to Constitution and take 10 away from Strength.
- Barbarians specialize in hand-eye coordination, but fall short in speed. If you're this class add 10 to dexterity and take 10 away from speed.
- Warlocks/Witches/Liches/Healers specialize in knowledge, but fall short in defense. If you're this class add 10 to both Wisdom and Intelligence and take 10 away from Constitution.
- Thieves specialize in stealth but fall short, in attack. If you're this class add 10 to both Intelligence and Charisma and take 10 away from Strength.
5. You can be any alignment, but some races have limitations to their morals.
- Humans and Halflings are similar. They can range from Lawful Good to Chaotic Evil. Your pick.
- Elves are serene, peaceful and elegant beings. They can be either Lawful or Neutral (Yes, even Lawful Evil and Neutral Evil).
- Dwarves and Orcs are naturally foolhardy and reckless. They can be Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Evil.
- The Undead are bound to this world either by unfinished business or relentless hatred for something. These can either be True Neutral, Lawful Evil or Chaotic Evil.
6. A backstory is fully optional, but please don't use backstories like "rape", "child-abuse" or "amnesia" as a backstory. The first two being unless you've researched the effects on what rape and child-abuse do to a person or have experienced it yourself, you'll probably end up looking like a prick who wants their characters to be sympathetic. Amnesia because it's an excuse to not give your character a backstory.
7. Everyone starts out as level 1. This is a no-brainer, but please don't make your character straight up OP at the start. See the next section for more details.
8. For your health, add up your attributes.
9. If you die, you die. You don't get a turn until a healer resurrects you.
1. No straight-up broken, OP moves. I'm not saying you can't have one-hit KO moves in the event of an emergency, but they can't be like "auh i just hafta roll a 6 sided die", its gotta be more difficult than that. Like "roll a perfect 20 on a 20-sided die" (Maybe not that difficult, but you get the idea).
2. Speaking of die, type in parenthesis what die you need (amount of die, like 1 and the type of die, like d6. For example, 1d20) and I will take a screenshot of the outcome.
3. Add basic moves like slash, search, swim, climb, etc.
Now that the rules are out of the way, the character sheet will be at the bottom. Send your characters character-sheet in your comments.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group