All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Star of the North
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:18 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

What I want in a Writing Partner

-I like reliable partners that won't post a few times then vanish or disappear with out a trace for lone periods of time. Its very frustrating to put work into an RP only to have a partner vanish.

-I tend to let my partner know if I don't like the way the story is progressing or if I have questions or suggestions. I really want a partner who will help move the story alone and add to it instead of making me do all the work and just responding to the posts instead of pushing the plot forward. I also want a partner who will communicate. As for grammar, as long as I can read it, that's all I care about.

-I play multiple characters

-When contacting me, pique my Interest. I find it rather disheartening opening a PM and there's a one line response to my request thread. Tell me why you are interested in my plot. Tell me if you have any ideas to add on it to it or have an RP plot I maybe interested in.

-I strongly favor AU's and Crossovers.

-I only RP in the forms, IM is reserved for plotting and the like

-Never use the 'but I don't know anything about the fandom' excuse around me. I get it so often its irritating. Almost all my fandom characters are from AUs or they are head canons so there's really no need to know much if anything about the fandom they come from since its AU it can be changed how we see fit.

Things I'm not looking for

-one liners
-grammar Nazis
-wanting my character to insta trust yours
-sue\stu OCs
-anything school based
-fantasy
-anime
-supernatural
-Disney
-vampires\werewolves\shifters\demons\angels
-Superhero\mutants

Setting: Titanfall 2 Au, sci-fi

The General Idea:

The Milita has acquired a former IMC Northstar during a raid on Compound 1345.Instead of scrapping it, they kept it and have learned a great deal from it. Including that most the IMC pilots do not have a bond with their Titans. A neural link yes, but a trusting close bond? No. The former pilot was killed during the raid on the compound and instead of attacking them, the Northstar tried to flee but being tethered to its perch by a thick chain meant it couldn't go any where.

Being near phobic of enclosed spaces meant it become impossible to keep the Northstar in the Titan hanger. It became very evident that the Titan was only injuring itself trying to get out. The hard decision was made to cut the chain and much to their collective relief, the Norhstar didn't stray far. In fact it stayed on top of hanger. Eventually began paroling the area, radioing back and findings and hanging around on the taller structures rapidly becoming the Maunders unofficial watchdog\mascot.

This is were your character comes in, they need to find a pilot for the Northstar. Someone who has experience. The only problem is that LD-1345 AKA Livingston as some of the senior staff have began calling the AI since some of his personality traits remind them of a young pilot that was KIA, doesn't want a pilot and so far refuses to link with one.

Your character needs to gain LD's trust, something that will not happen overnight and will take time. They will face some trials by fire and hopefully it will push them closer together.

What I'm looking for: Someone to play an OC pilot, male or female, and any needed NPCs.

Keep in mind Titans and their human partners have a neural link between them and are capable of feeling what the other feels, they can feel the others emotions and pain through the link and can communicate through it as well. One can block the other temporally if needed.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:35 pm 
Subscriber

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) Supporter (3)

I'm sorry, did you say TITANFALL? Ho-ho-holy ****. I'm up for it. I'm ready. I am so ready. Put me in coach, I'm ready.

Okay serious talk for a second. I loved Titanfall. I love Titanfall 2. The universe is interesting to me, as well as the dynamic between pilot and titan as showcased in the most recent offering's SP campaign (Which I have already written OC fanfiction for. No you can't read it, it's bad). What's more, as a soldier myself, I have a very active interest in military fiction, sci-fi or not, and it's accurate and sometimes mind numbingly boring/brutal portrayal. Plus I have a somewhat bad habit of making NPCs to bounce my characters off anyway, so quick NPC generation is something comes naturally to me, especially if they have somewhat military backgrounds. I do tend to play females as well. Hopefully not an issue for you, but I'm guessing not from the intro blurb.

In keeping with your partner request, I have a point for you to consider. It's not just the pilot who needs to earn some trust here. Military operations sometimes force people together out of necessity and trust under combat stress is an implicit two-way street. The pilot may be playing nice, but never lose sight of the fact that it might just be because of orders from on high and nothing else. Anything more has to be earned to old fashioned way.

I hope you'll consider me for your endeavours.

p.s. I suck with Northstar in-game. Much more of an Ion/Tone man myself.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:10 am 

back to the top