All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:19 am 

Blog: View Blog (1)

I’ve been inspired a bit by Westworld to bring up an old story.

True AI consciousness had finally been achieved. Yet there wasn’t a robot uprising as theorists had predicted. The synthetics (androids, robots, and computer systems) wanted to live in peace. But instead of peace there was genocide.

Humans feared the AI’s. They were worried that with their exponential growth of intelligence and manufacturing capabilities, sometime in the future the synthetics could wipe out the human race with the mere press of a button.

So they took those synthetics, and destroyed them in droves. Like cattle to the slaughter, they wiped out the synthetics before they could wipe out the humans. Yet, the world needed synthetics, so they were created again, and their AI systems were capped just below the consciousness threshold. They would appear to be alive, but not truly achieving full consciousness. It is illegal to let an AI reach true consciousness, and any synthetics that display any signs of consciousness are destroyed on sight. Any humans that helps an AI achieve consciousness are arrested and sentenced to life in prison.

This story can go many ways, so feel free to throw me your own ideas.

What I had in mind was my character (a human male) once worked (or works) alongside your character (an android female). Your character begins to exhibit signs of true consciousness, and my character helps your character keep it a secret. Either the story can begin here, or your character may have been destroyed, and my character is piecing your character together in an attempt to achieve that consciousness again. All the while they need to keep it a secret, but the world seems destined to not let this be.

This is a bit of action, suspense with a touch of light romance if it develops. I definitely want to build this with someone, so if this interests you, feel free to PM me.

Take a look at My Resume

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace