All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tolkien RP
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:28 am 

I need to keep reminding myself that I care more about writing (espeaically for myself) than what people think

Blog: View Blog (6)

I am looking for people who are interested in Tolkien RPs. There are several scenarios that I am interested in writing and would like them to be connected to the same story. Here is a link to my character thread so folks interested can take a look at my characters. I tend to prefer story lines which revolve around adventure and action, but I will write about family issues and romance as these I consider to be essential to character development. I don't like writing smut, so there has to be a reason for romance to develop between the characters. (They have to have similar interests or view on the world, or some other connection that will make them click, rather than just smut, so it will take a long time for romance to develop.)

I would prefer different people to write different characters so that there is a writing group, but I don't mind writing with only one person if they are willing to take on different characters. The only thing I ask is that if a group does develop that they include everyone and don't start problems.

I am not interested in m/m, and f/f romance and don't write it. I don't write Durincest and have no interest in it. (I point that out because sometimes people just assume that you are, and it can be uncomfortable when you say no.)

I don't expect people to know everything about Tolkien, but I would like my writing partner(s) to have watched more than just the films and be familiar with the appendices found in Lord of the Rings and have played Lord of the Rings Online. I base my ideas around the books, the films and that game. (Playing the game is a very good way to get yourself familiar with Middle-Earth because I find it helps me remember things where with the books, I've forgotten it.)

Right now, one of my ideas is about Kili surviving the Battle of the Five Armies and recovering from it, so I would like a Thorin, Fili, Oin and Dis to take part in it. (Balin and Dwalin would be nice, too.)

I would like to do a Battle of Azanulbizar story line, so if you're interested in that, please let me know! I am still writing my character profiles for the site so I've not got all the details worked out yet.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Tolkien RP
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:52 am 

College is blah

Medals: 2
Completed RP (2)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Hm.... This seems like an interesting concept. I have an OC but I don't know if you would be interested in a genderbent Bilbo Baggins. You see, I only really write female characters, I do this because writing male characters make me a tad uncomfortable. I can write males as background characters though.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=48075
My Character's
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45307

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Tolkien RP
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:40 pm 

I need to keep reminding myself that I care more about writing (espeaically for myself) than what people think

Blog: View Blog (6)

It would depend on the story line I guess, but I'm not that keen on genderbent characters.