All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:53 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Been planning on posting this for a while, I'm not sure if it'll get any interest, but I might as well check!

Rules:
- Alpha rules apply
- Posting Minimum: Once a week
- OC's only
- You can have as many characters as you feel you can handle.
- If this gathers interest, I will open up the opportunity to become faction leaders. (As an additional character)
- Our characters will be young adults, learning the way of whichever faction they have picked.

Base 6D2

Themes: Futuristic, Survival, Dystopian

The year is 2149, the world is a barren wasteland. In 2140, scientists tried to find a cure for the terminal diseases that still plagued humanity. A freak accident caused one science base to create 3 creatures, all equally terrifying. They eventually wiped out most of humanity, those who weren’t wiped out created bases that worked as shelters for the people. Only one remains today, as far as anyone knows. Base 6D2, some call it Utopia. Base 6D2 was the only base to figure out a system to keep everyone alive and protected. Now, they work in factions that all work towards the preservation of humanity.

Factions:
Soldier – The Soldier faction looks out for the people. They hold the perimeter and go out with any members of other factions that need to leave the base.
Science & Medicine – Science and Medicine keeps track of how the world is changing, what is safe and unsafe, how to cure new wounds inflicted by the creatures and creating tonics for the Scavengers.
Technicians – The technicians build and repair things for the Base.
Scavengers – The Scavengers go out into the world, normally in pairs, to pick up anything that may be of use to the Base. They can take work from any other factions, or work on their own projects as long as they’re approved by the Law faction.
Archives – The Archive faction oversee keeping the worlds history in order. They also add new files as new events happen, ensuring to keep record of the dark times as well as remembering the good times.
Law – The Law faction ensure everyone lives under the same rules. They oversee the whole base and make the big decisions.

Each child between the ages of 14 - 21 are educated in the faction of their choice. Along with this, every student from the age of 16 is taught how to use a handgun, survive in the outside world and basic combat. Students are allowed a 3 month grace period, where they may change faction should they decide they've picked incorrectly.

Please comment if interested!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:37 pm 

Would it be possible for someone to be in one faction but have training with in another faction.

"The past is hell. The future is what we make it to be." ~Me- Random thought that may or may not ring true.

Just a heads up, my reply speed will be rather slow for now. I haven't abandoned any rps at the moment but my ability to reply at the rate i was before has diminished by a great deal. I will get to the rps that need replys but it may be a bit in the meantime. Thanks.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:09 pm 

1st Year (1)

Sorry, no.

Students are asked to pick their faction, then train in that faction. They have a 3 month grace period where they can choose to change, should they realise that they picked wrong. But it would not be enough time for them to learn enough skills in that particular faction to be able to consider themselves trained in two separate factions.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:11 pm 

Okay, I can live with that. Consider me in on this.

"The past is hell. The future is what we make it to be." ~Me- Random thought that may or may not ring true.

Just a heads up, my reply speed will be rather slow for now. I haven't abandoned any rps at the moment but my ability to reply at the rate i was before has diminished by a great deal. I will get to the rps that need replys but it may be a bit in the meantime. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:17 pm 

1st Year (1)

If you are interested in two factions, you are allowed to play as many characters that you think you can handle. (Within reason.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:22 pm 

I'm interested in the soldier faction and the scavenger faction. I thought was to have a solder faction character that has very limited scavenger faction training due to learning things in the field. That was why I asked about cross-training.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:15 am 

Sort of back.

Medals: 16
Longest RP (1) Completed RP (2)
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (3)
Blog: View Blog (59)

Oh, what the heck.
I'm interested, and considering making a Technician character. Count me in! =)

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:47 am 

1st Year (1)

Yay! I'll see if anyone else is interested and make an OOC over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:18 pm 

Contemplating existence

Medals: 3
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1)

Sorry for bothering you with my interest again, but I really wanna do a scavenger. Or an archive guy. Maybe both!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:26 pm 

1st Year (1)

Great! You can create as many characters as you think you can handle. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:39 pm 

I'll stick the the solder faction and cross-train my character with the scavenger faction if the option comes up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:41 pm 

1st Year (1)

I'm sorry, as I said before. Each character is trained in the specific faction they sign up for. To be trained in two would be unfair, it would also make the idea of factions redundant.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:46 pm 

Alright, I'll drop out then seeing as I'm apparently not listening. Sorry for bothering you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:49 pm 

Sort of back.

*raises hand*
Question: Are tech people assigned to both building and repairing or do they take the job they would be more suited for after their training?

I know, I'm that person with the details. XD

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:55 pm 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

People need to stop making interesting rps, especially when I don't have time to join more...

I'm keeping an eye on this one, and depending on how may other people you get in here I'll totally join in at a later time.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:56 pm 

1st Year (1)

Sorry that you've decided to drop out, Zero. You're welcome to join in the future, should you change your mind.

Shades! They are trained in both, though they can do more of whichever they prefer. They might be called to help out on something else though, should it be more urgent then whatever they're working on.

You're always welcome to join Sound! :) If it's already started before you have time to create a CS, just let me know and I'll find a way to fit you in! :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:00 pm 

Sort of back.

AhZombies wrote:
Shades! They are trained in both, though they can do more of whichever they prefer. They might be called to help out on something else though, should it be more urgent then whatever they're working on.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:28 pm 

1st Year (1)

OOC will be up by the end of tomorrow. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:42 pm 

Sort of back.

Cool! =)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:31 pm 

1st Year (1)

OOC is up! :)

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=51374