All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:50 am 

On the Hunt for roleplays!

Blog: View Blog (0)

Welcome to Aklain Academy for the Gifted!

Located somewhere in East Colarado, nestled in the mountains outside a place called Starlit City, this Boarding school is not a normal, gifted high school. These students are not just gifted in mathematics, or the arts. To the world, it is one of those places, but in all actuality, Aklain is a a school for High School Aged students who have special powers. Because of this, Aklain is listed as a private institution, but one does not require money or a scholarship to go to school here. Students come to learn to control their special abilities, and to learn the normal high school curriculum in an environment around others like themselves.

The school consists of an administration building, where the main secretary office is located, as well as the Headmaster's office, the Counselor's office, and the school Clinic. Then there is the Academic Building, where all of your normal classes are conducted such as the different levels of Mathematics, Language Arts, Sciences, and Histories, as well as normal elective classes such as Technology, Art, Drama, Public Speaking, and many others.

Other buildings include a large atheletics department, with a large gym for both normal gym classes as well as a special class just for the gifted students known as Power Control and Development (PCD). There is also a Football Field, Track, and rooms for aerobics classes, gymnastics, and dance. There are three large dormitories: girls' dorms, boys' dorm, and the visitors' dorm for events such as parents weekend, or if any special guests come for a visit. There is also the large cafeteria, serving three meals a day as a buffet style. There is plenty of room in the cafeteria for students to eat their meals, but there are also picnic tables outside.

The grounds are beautiful, the courtyard with tables, benches, and trees that provide shade. There are school gardens which are often decorated for each holiday.

Students go about their days here much like your average high school teenagers tend to do. There is drama, angst, relationships, bullying. The extra-curriculars are basically the same. All sorts of sports teams, cheerleading, and different clubs, as well as student government.

So again, I say, Welcome to Aklain Academy for the Gifted, where you will spend the best four years of your life!

If you are here, I do hope that you are interested in this idea. There are a few roleplay specific rules I need to post here.

1. You can have up to four characters, if you are like me an denjoy multiple characters. Please, if you post as all your characters, make it where we can tell which part is about which character.
2. Powers. Because it opens the door to godmoding and powerplaying, no mind control powers. Also, I will only allow each character to have two powers: One that is a major power (such as Telekinesis), and a minor power (such as Empathy). I would also like a variety of powers, so I will say that (for now) no two characters can have the same power.
3. I would like an even amount of male and female characters.
4. Teachers, faculty, staff, are all NPCs.
5. We will have an OOC thread where character sheets will go so we can keep track of who is who. That's also where we'll do the plotting and planning, of course.

I really hope quite a few of you are interested. This is adapted form an older roleplay of mine, back in my earlier days as a roleplayer.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:01 am 

Only limiting myself to one or two roleplays.

Blog: View Blog (3)

I'm interested!!! :D

Beta Interest Check! :)

Muh waifs.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:04 pm 

Neither success nor failure is the end, so keep going. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Medals: 4
Most Patient (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) October 2016 (1)
Blog: View Blog (12)

Interested.

P.S. I'm a typo queen. Sorry in Advance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:12 pm 

Perusing the site to jump back in...

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

interested.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:47 pm 

Blog: View Blog (2)

If this is still A thing I'm very interested in Joining~

-Dreams of an Absolution

"If you expected the World to be perfect, you were looking for perfection in the wrong place."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:39 am 

Perusing the site to jump back in...

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Is this still happening?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:47 pm 

I'm interested, if you'll have me! !blush

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:26 pm 

Oh! I'm super interested... I so want to do this! :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:26 pm 

Oh! I'm super interested... I so want to do this! :Dhttp://creativefreedomrpg.com/images/icons/misc/star.gif

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:27 pm 

What the.. how did that link get on my reply? XD