All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:52 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Welcome.
For the most part I only roleplay through roleplay through pm. So as I don't brave the confusing mass of various forums often, aside from looking for more potential partners, if this is not in the correct place or fashion for this sight, please excuse me.

First, I have been roleplaying a very long time, but that's not to say I'm the best of the best or anything, just a life-long lover of writing. It's an important hobby and skill to me, and I'm always attempting to improve. I have no limits on content or anything personally, but seeing as I am 24, I will NOT have ANY graphic or otherwise inappropriate content whenever my partner is below the age of 18. I do not like angry parents nor have any desire to be considered a creeper for my hobby. If you are over the legal age, however, I again have no limits to speak of, unless otherwise restricted by our own pre-set rules. This is a fair warning, inform me if under age, or of any restrictions first hand so we're all happy and not in any trouble.

I have a variety of interests and a few specific requirements for any partners, so please read thoroughly so that we're both happy in the end. Everyone has different enjoyments. If there's any confusion, questions, or concerns, send me a pm.

I am looking for a couple different roleplay partners, long-term, capable of details/description, creativity, and able to write a minimum of 1000 words per character (about 2-3 paragraphs, depending) or more. More is always merrier, and I myself can write quite a lot more, depending on the particulars of the roleplay. Quality is, of course, most important, but as a slightly more seasoned (aka old hag) writer, I never find it in posts below the 1000 word range. There's just so much detail available in actions, character thoughts, the world, and that sort of strange information (or just getting into the characters) that it's not actually a long or hard length to reach, if used to it. However, it's not fun for everyone, and not everyone's at that place, so no hard feelings.

Before putting the full list, I'd like to mention what I enjoy roleplaying. I roleplay males in mxm or mxf pairings (when applicable) and typically wind up in stories either an alternate realistic world of our making, unrealistic sort of world, or fantasy. I hardly ever write in modern day realistic, as that's exactly what I'm trying to leave behind when I write, but I'm not opposed to anything with a good idea or plot. However, I never, ever write fanfic. I understand it's draw but personally prefer original works/characters/content. More creative freedom, much less restrictions. I enjoy both realistic and unrealistic plots, multiple eras, different forms of fantasy, supernatural, or slice-of-life. When creating a roleplay, I choose the more traditional route I was taught in school: starting with themes and focus, not a movie-genre. I like in depth, world building, character growing, interesting and different worlds. The characters and the world is the most important to me, as it's their story and their lives, their thoughts, not ours. To make it a little more simply put: I like almost anything original, we can build a story/discuss interests further together, and details and characters are important.

So here's everything you need to know and agree with to have fun:
REQUIREMENTS:

*Post quality, detailed posts of decent spelling and grammar (I'm not a super stickler, but no illiteracy, short-cuts, or text-speak). They should be a minimum of around 1000+ words, which if you have not had the opportunity to test the length of, is not actually that long at all. Think about the books you've read... 1000 words is not an unreasonably high amount. If you don't have Word, then there's lots of places to test length online till you're better able to tell without aid.

*Creativity, Active-Participation. The only type of roleplayer I nearly hate is shadow-roleplayers: the ones who claim to enjoy writing, yet never ever add to a story/world/plot, never use creativity, never develop characters (or world/story/plot), never make any advancements or decisions or ideas of their own, and always leech off of writers. Basically, people who hide in the shadows of other writers and are there just to be there. I think you're all secretly brilliant (no matter how deeply buried sometimes) and I would love to see you actively show your creativity and independence. We can talk about any major changes outside of roleplay, and always edit if something happens to go wrong, but I'd like us both to add to the Story and Plot-line, Develop the world and characters, grow as writers and both help the story and idea grow into something unique between us both. Don't ask me to do all the work, or drive everything, and I won't ask that of you. Sometimes we all may slip or miss: just point out problems.

*Point out problems! Do not make assumptions if you're confused. It's bound to happen when two different people come together. Please just ask to clarify, and bring any concerns, confusions, problems, questions, ideas, major additions, etc, to the fore-front when needed. If there's any critique, feel free to share that respectfully (I love anything to help me improve, so hard to do without outside input).

*Characters should be realistic and reasonable for the world they live in. Absolutely NO perfect, mary-sue, overpowered, always-successful, ever-convenient, or above-humanity God-minded/like characters. Even vampires/were-wolves/demi-gods have individual humanity, and with power comes a price and responsibility. No matter the world, the characters must be realistic. Magic does not poof out of thin air either, everything has an order or way or balance. Use it with the characters. On the opposite same-note, no characters that consistently shut down all attempts at conversing or advancement, or feel constantly pitiful and sorry for themselves. I love unsocial, shy, and even emo-type characters as much as the next person, but if you can't write them effectively and correctly, then do not attempt to write the character. It's no fun when you can't get anywhere because the characters can't do anything. Even enemies are able to progress together...

*Friendly talks and information ooc: in a story it's inevitable that we'll need to bring up little facts or information about our characters or situations, etc, and discuss things of varying natures outside of the roleplay. If our characters have been friends for a long time, for example, we'll have to talk ooc about things that friends/family/long-enemies etc would actually know (or assume) about each other, or something that happened between them x-time ago they both would be reminiscing about, etc. And other details, information, and building happens outside of just posts. It's part of the experience, as well as a constant discussion on what we may believe their motives or perspectives to be, analyzing the world or characters, talking about things and how they relate, etc. Just as important, we're getting to know each other. If we don't understand each other to some degree, then I don't believe we can ever truly understand how to write best together, or understand different characters or people then ourselves. It's important to be willing to have friendly little chats, and talk about things we need for the story ooc, never be afraid to hold off on posting if you happen to need information about a character not already available.

*Long-term Commitment: do not die. It's not fun to wait on dead bodies. We all have real life problems, writers-block, and distractions. Me as much or more than others. That's why it's important to know that I'm wanting long-term roleplay partners. I do not expect a reply ever day. The rate we reply is set between us. At least once a month (for a super-length super-detailed roleplay) or more often (once a week minimum usually for 1000 word replies). However, I can potentially reply once a day. I will wait for a quality reply over hurrying up to receive a lesser quality, it all depends on our roleplay, level of replies (still, note I have a minimum above), and what we decide. Stick to our schedule as best you can. Don't randomly dissappear. Keep in contact and inform each other of unusual time away, or even if you have extra time you want to reply more often. Do not die. Do not fall out of contact or disappear. Real life happens, but it takes less than 120 seconds to send a mail saying you're too busy. Outside of replies is a good time for ooc, a good way to remember we're each still alive. Be active, so the roleplay doesn't die!

*Romance/Side Characters: If we have any romance, it has to be mxm, or mxf with you playing the female. A major weakness of mine is my complete disinterest and therefore inability to write main-lead females. I'm not obsessed with 50-50 gender ratios, as that's not even true in real life, and expecially in one situation or another. I can play them for static characters (the ones that are in the roleplay, but not often or focused on, where it doesn't matter who really plays them, open to both) or sparingly as far-side-characters (show up here and there, not a main focus, but reoccurring). I will never play them as any of my main characters, unless reasonably agreed upon between us. I am sorry, truly, but if you don't like female characters, we can do mxm or not have romance. It's more important we're both happy and it works for the story/world we built. If you're unsure or have an idea, just ask. I don't like female characters, but there's been a time or two I am talked into actually dealing with them... (I am a female, so it's a pathetic problem, really,) I just play better males.... again, mxf or mxm is fine.

*end of list*

I have no other things I can think to add. I have nothing I will not do or can not do, no level of detail, length, or subject is too much. I do anything from realistic - unrealistic - supernatural - fantasy. Themes are unlimited. I do not like cliches. Keep it original or a unique take. For this reason, I never do werewolf vs. vampire (though they can both be in a world) and never do mental asylum, usually never do genetic research either. But there are ways to have those sort of themes in unique stories. The only thing I will NEVER HAVE in ANY STORY is demons/fallen-angels/angels/God. Witches? Monsters? 'Guardians'? Totems? God-like entities (like... the dedric princes from Elder Scrolls vibe for common example)? Beasts that devour souls? Shadows/gouls? Etc? YES. But no demons, no fallen-angels, no angels of God, no God. It's a place I don't want to go in that manner for personal beliefs, though the same exact themes can be implemented in different ways through another form in an alternate world for a roleplay.

You respect any limits or boundaries I set, and I will always respect yours in turn. Each person is different. We shall be able to compromise and create a story together. I always have ideas, skeletons that can be edited, scrapped, changed, morphed, accepted, built upon, added to..... but I want and require your input! It should be our story, our characters, and our mutual enjoyment.

---
FYI: The above is lengthy to clearly display how I want something more detailed and in depth... And to intentionally scare away the lovely few so excited for new roleplays they happen to not even read a single word in the post. In fact, this is the minimum length for essentially two characters: 1,927 words. It's long to show an example of word length. Think how I require basically half of that for one character, and how much information you received from the above. The character's all have their own thoughts, perceptions, and feelings, not to mention actions, the world, and other things going on/happening, or needing note, or else the occasional memories or other sort. There's always something to it, so long as we both actively add on and progress, give something to work with in each post.

Final note:

Again, reply here or pm me (more successful to pm unless this sight sends alerts for forum posts?). I am looking for more partners as long as this says open. I have no life.

***Any interactions, beliefs, actions, choices, decisions, words, values, implications, thoughts, etc, by the characters are their own, not mine. If it's past a boundary, kindly inform and set boundaries ooc. The characters are not us, and we are not them. They do not obey our will. They live though our actions, but as writers we listen and relay their words, their souls, into their story. Do not take personal offense to character's, nor use them for your own agenda. Likewise, avoid allowing characters to exist in fashions that would make the devil himself to cringe and take offense. Respect all rules between us / age / location and all moral grounds. This is for fun and entertainment as well as growth in skill and an exercise in understanding and discovery. This is not meant to be a chore, nor meant to be careless. Thank you for respecting the differences between people and what they do and don't enjoy in their own opinions, and where they are in their own beliefs or understanding.

Alas, these fine words have been reduced to pointless babble.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace