All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Project Andromeda
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:03 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Death is a part of life. There are no second chances. Only rebirth.

“Project Andromeda selects individuals with potential to be something more. Your previous life is forfeit. There is nothing left for you as your former self. You have been inducted into Project Andromeda, and have been reformed with bio-enhancements that augment your particular strengths and attempt to fortify your weaknesses. Upon Arrival at the Cygnus Estate, you will be offered a choice: Accept your new destiny as an Andromeda Agent- train with your peers, hone your skills, and contribute; or... forfeit yourself. The choice is yours.”

-Induction Briefing Excerpt-

‘Andromeda’ is an agency that splices technology into cadavers, and reincarnates the dead to build elite super-humans. Our story will begin with our recruits, and follow their induction and training as they hone their skills and learn to work as a team - then things get a little more interesting. There are a few directions this plot can take at this point, and if you’ve got any ideas, I’m open to suggestions as well! Here’s what I’ve got in mind:

If 'Project Andromeda' has good intentions
Andromeda does not serve or stand for any one country in particular, but rather, operates independently. They consider themselves keepers of the peace and world balance. Think secret agent, meets super-hero but all secrecy, bionic implants, and genetic enhancements; instead of radioactive accidents.

Option A) The Disaster
Half way through our training, a catastrophe strikes Andromeda (natural disaster or sabotage), forcing our characters into action before they are ready. Our characters have to band together to set things right.

Option B) The Mission
Our Characters complete their training to embark on an elite mission and stop some dastardly deed from coming to fruition.

If 'Project Andromeda' has sinister intentions
Andromeda is a secret experimental facility, toying with the concept of ‘Plying God’ to fulfill their own agenda.

Option C) The Moral Dilemma
Our characters discover that Project Andromeda is preparing them for a mission that will devastate the world - Andromeda’s reasoning is an attempt to eradicate the corrupt, but at the cost of millions of innocents. Sacrifice the few to benefit the many. So now our recruits have got to decide weather to stop the people that created them in the first place, and prevent slaughter, or carry out the mission.

One important thing; Andromeda uses questionable methods for recruitment.
No matter the scenario we choose for plot, technically they don't exist. Using their technology, The scientists at Andromeda resurrect someone who has just died, *if they deem them a viable candidate.* They can replace damaged limbs with robotics, and implement their various biotech while the recruit is still deceased, and then resurrect them. It's a literal rebirth. And it ensures that all previous ties to their former life are broken.
On top of that, our characters might have fragmented memories of their former lives, if they have any at all… I just like the idea of them discovering more about who they used to be as we progress… so i’d like to incorporate that.

About your character:
Your character can come from any walk of life, any background, and have any kind of personality and appearance you wish, but they must be human, and they must have died somehow. Keep in mind that there should be something about them that would have caught Andromeda's interest, a reason they were chosen as a recruit. Are they particularly resourceful, or talented? Have they done something heroic or courageous? Are they highly intelligent, or perceptive? Also remember that any injuries they have sustained open the door for bionic limbs or implants - but keep in mind that their alterations will mostly be subtle; Andromeda prides itself on it's ability to cosmetically engineer their Biotech to appear virtually invisible. Their agents need to be able to blend in with the common population.

There will be a limit on the enhancements and bionics that we can include in one character, but we can hash all that out shortly. As far as choices go, however, the possibilities are virtually endless. Swiss-army-hands, robotic eyes, reinforced skeletons, nano-bots in the bloodstream; if you can dream it up, and it doesn't make your character look like the terminator with half his face blown away (remember, subtlety is key) then I say it's fair game!

I will mock up a bio for my character(s) once I find out what interest there is in this and get a better idea of what plot line we are going to go with :) all story development can be found HERE

The Authors:

Lady Fate
dreamgurl42
Eferhilda
Missmusiclover

Last edited by Lady Fate on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Project Andromeda
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:35 am 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

I would really like to be in this RP, but out of curiosity which plot would you wanna go with or it depends how many people we get?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:32 am 

Oh! Well, I would really like to have to in this RP !drunk
I guess if I had to pick a favorite option, I would go with "C" - but I'm open to any of them. Everything is still very up in the air!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:37 pm 

Medals: 1
1st Year (1)

Lady Fate wrote:
Oh! Well, I would really like to have to in this RP !drunk
I guess if I had to pick a favorite option, I would go with "C" - but I'm open to any of them. Everything is still very up in the air!

Lol! I'll vote for C too since that's your favorite :D

Should I hold off on making a bio until yours is done or I can still work on mine? Once I saw this topic and it interested me I've been trying to come up with a plot of a character since this morning. I might write for a total star athlete for this RP that gets into a horrible car accident. We'll see though. I'm still plotting things out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:18 am 

Oh no! Don't feel the need to wait!

Here is the OOC tread

Feel free to post your bio there!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:51 pm 

I would love to be in on this

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:42 pm 

!meow Count yourself in

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:57 am 

Hi guys!

Just wanted to make sure nobody missed the OOC thread link!

We can begin planning everything here-----> viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50729

Go ahead and get your character bios up and we can begin development and get the story rolling!