Post subject: 1x1 Search
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:27 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Hey, fellow CFers!

It's that time again. I am recovering from a recent falling out and have been itching to get back into roleplaying for some time now. Hopefully some fresh stories will help ignite a spark of some kind.

I do have a little of everything here, with a few exceptions.

What I am -not- looking for:
-school/academy type stories
-anime
-romance (sorry, I just don't do plots that rely on two characters falling in love)

If you are unsure about me, there is a link to my roleplay resume in my signature.

Before we get to the ideas: I'm pretty slow to respond... Things have been crazy for me lately, and my schedule is not always consistent, so if you are looking for daily posts, I'm not the partner for you. The best I can do right now is maybe once or twice, maybe three tiems a week. It really depends.

Thank you for your understanding.

Now on to the ideas!

Character Cravings

Idea 1: The Earth Mage
| +
I have wanted to write more stories involving my character, Montrell, a rat who gained magical abilities after being experimented on. Earth magic to be exact.

Long story short, he is called the Earth Mage because of his ability to shape the earth around him.

Your character needs his help. They are heading out on a dangerous mission of some kind (you decide) and for some reason it requires the abilities of someone who can manipulate the earth.

But, your character does not expect meeting a rat…

I want this to be an adventure. Maybe the characters get along, maybe they don't; Montrell does tend to be a little rough around the edges. But they work toward a common goal in the end. I want to really explore everything here and, in the story, explore the main characters. I'm not looking for a story about struggle or anything dealing with morals (though the latter can be debatable), or even a deep story. But I want this to be engaging nonetheless.

Some ideas include:
-There could be a war going on.
-Perhaps your character wishes to learn magic from him, as a sort of teacher and apprentice plot.
-Maybe treasure is involved?

Really, there are a lot of ways to go about this. I’m honestly not that picky, as long as there is some sort of adventure.

Idea 2: Gun for Hire
| +
Azriel needs to get out more.

I’m going to say now that this is most likely going to be an acquired taste. People usually either really like Azriel or he doesn’t appeal to them at all. If we get started, and you end up not feeling the direction the story is going, do tell me. I know his character well and tend to do things automatically, if that makes any sense.

The setting can be anywhere; just because he’s Israeli doesn’t necessarily mean the story has to take place in Israel. He can be anywhere in the world. Don’t want to do something dealing with real world events? I don’t mind fantasy. Hell, the setting can be sci-fi/futuristic, I don’t care. He’s quite versatile in that regard. The only restriction I have is that this does take place on Earth unless the sci-fi route is taken. Then, we could pretty much go anywhere as long as Earth still exists/is inhabitable.

If you can convince me to have him get thrown into world with a high fantasy setting, then by all means I’m all ears. It’s been done before, though it’s been awhile. But again, Earth setting.

As far as plots go, all I’m looking for is something to start off, and then build from there. I really don’t have anything set in stone; I find all the best stories involving Azriel come from ones that just… happen. Your character could be an ally, an enemy. Two people who unwillingly team up to take down a common enemy. Azriel could be hunting down your character. They could just meet up and have a conversation over coffee, and end up doing other things. It could be something political.

I am honestly open to any and all suggestions, with the exception of a plot centered around romance. I am open to romance if the chemistry feels right (preferred mxf, but if you feel like you can get him in bed with another man you are welcome to try), but even then it’s not guaranteed. Dealing with a tough customer here.

I don't have a lot of things in mind, off the top of my head, but I figured I'd just put them here anyway:

1- There are things in this world, maybe you’ve heard of them, hidden away from the ‘normal’ eye. Creatures. Some call them monsters. Your character is a hunter of these creatures.

When the two (Azriel and your character) meet, he/she is aware that something is amiss. Maybe he/she has heard of the holy organization he works for. Maybe he/she is just very aware and can easily spot something that doesn’t belong (that could come from hunting, naturally)

They have a right to be wary. As it turns out, Azriel and your character are after the same target.

2- Azriel is an alcoholic. I've always wanted to write him while he's near blackout drunk, until the next morning when he's hungover. Something like that.

3- This is something based off a roleplay I did years ago: Azriel has just finished taking out his target, located in a cabin in the woods(?), and comes across your character. Your character is a winged human (angel?) or being of some kind. For the story's sake, let's say they are an angel (of course, this can be debated); Azriel, being religious, believes that your character is an angel from heaven.

How the story goes from there is anyone's guess. One thing is for certain though: your character is being chased by someone or something.

4- Another idea based off a roleplay I did years ago: Azriel finds your character in an alleyway, injured. Alternatively, they can cross paths some other way, because I know alley ways are cliché as hell. Anyway, your character is a werewolf (or some kind of preternatural being... werewolf is easier because that's how the original idea went). Azriel is unaware at first, but begins to suspect things.

Where the story goes is up for debate, as I do not wish to follow the original storyline.

Idea 3: Something WWII
| +
Not going to lie, this is an odd request. I created this character, Udo, for a roleplay awhile back that started off well and kind of just… died because of reasons. It was a great story and I enjoyed the characters, and especially liked writing Udo. But enough of me going on and on about that roleplay. This is an interest check, not some trip down memory lane. Dead roleplays come with the territory.

I have felt an urge to write Udo again.

I’m a little leery about this, I’ll be honest, considering every WWII rp I touch seemed to either never get off the ground or die off without seeing an end. But I think I want to try it again and see what happens. Maybe something great will come out of it, or maybe it will crash and burn with everything else. You don’t know until you try as they say.

I am open to having this set during World War II, or some kind of random Nazi apocalypse, some sci-fi thing, I’m not too picky. As long as there are Nazis involved. If you have some super awesome AU setting, or something sci-fi, perhaps Wolfenstein-esque, go for it. Surprise me! I’m up for pretty much anything.

That said, I do have some possible scenarios in mind:

1- Udo is brought back from the dead by a necromancer, for whatever reason.

2- It's the end of the war. Udo, devastated by the damage done to his beloved country, is broken. But is he willing to give himself to the people hunting down Gestapo officers? No. Your character might be trying to hunt him down, make him pay for his crimes, but he's not going to come quietly.

In fact, not many people know where Udo is.

3- What if the Germans were winning the war? Udo could play a part in that but... how? Is he just that dangerous, or are there other powers at work?

4- They call Udo 'Bluthund' for a reason. He's able to track down enemies of Germany pretty damn fast. Your character is on his list... they have something that the Germans want. Eventually, your character is captured. Something big happens... or something.

5- Maybe more otherworldly stuff? Like dealing with the occult?

Again, these are just possibilities, something to chat about and build something off of. I am all ears to any ideas.

Something with one of these characters:
Cornelius -The lawyer lynx
Ezequiel -The assassin known as 'El Lobo'
Weston -The paranormal investigator

Non-Character Cravings

Idea 1 -Experiments (Working Title) | +
A sci-fi, post-apocalyptic setting.

Think of it as one of those situations where the event that caused the world to go to **** just kind of happened, and nobody really knows the cause. Or perhaps it was forgotten as the world continued on. There are just theories, rumors, and such. I intend to just roll with it. Maybe the characters can discover things as they go along wherever their journey takes them.

There is an organization that does experiments. On one hand, they believe what they are doing will help the future of mankind. On the other… well… the way they go about things is very questionable. I know it’s cliché as all hell, but I do have a thing for evil organizations, especially in post-apocalyptic settings.

Two experiments (a dog and a child) escape from said organization. The start takes place a little before the escape to give time to establish things. The child, played by you, is gifted. The dog, played by me, is kind of a mystery; he seems like a dog on the surface but there’s something, or perhaps someone, trapped within.

The child has some kind of power. What that power might be is pretty free reign for the most part, but I ask that you don’t get too crazy with abilities. The dog can talk telepathically to the child. Stuff and things happen, and the child gets into trouble. The dog acts as the child’s guardian. They could be running from the organization, or could just be caught up in something more. Or maybe even both, who knows.

I don’t have any events set in stone, but it follows a loose, flexible story line.

This isn’t meant to be a dark story, but do expect some horror elements here and there.

Idea 2: Ten Cent Pistol | +
Genre: thriller, suspense, open to sci-fi

Setting: Open to suggestions

You want your moral story, about what's right and wrong, about a person keeping their humanity? Here is is.

A woman wakes up after being in a coma and realizes she has had everything taken from her. Her family, her home, her life, and even her very identity. Stolen. She is forced to change her name and appearance, have documents forged for her (by very shady people, mind you) so she is pretty much living illegally. One day she happens to stumble across the people who took is all from her and plans her revenge, looking to take back what is rightfully hers.

Or is she? Does she truly want that?

Now, this could go so many ways. It doesn’t have to be a woman it can be a man, too. And like I said it doesn’t matter who plays what in this. Maybe I can play the woman or man and someone can be his/her friend helping them get their life back in order. Or maybe just start over completely…

Yes, there is wiggle room for some romance if it happens. Expect a lot of action and violence, not really much horror as that is not the focus here, but do expect some suspense as well.

Idea 3: sci-fi
So... I have really been in the mood for a sort of retro, 80's-esque roleplay... in the future! Cyberpunk elements and such. I don't really have an idea of what I want to do with it, but I know people here are capable of tossing something out.
(will update if/when I do think of something)

Idea 4: Lightless World | +
This idea is inspired by Stranger Things and the creepypasta' Lightless City'. It was 1 in the morning, and I jammed it all in a small notebook page (my handwriting is ****), which I am copying it from so bear with me here because it is kind of all over the place.

There is a world parallel to our own. It is said to be a world of darkness and decay, where no light shines. Dark creatures are said to inhabit this world, among other things.

It is not known how this world is accessed, if it can be accessed at all at one's own will; many have stumbled upon it unknowingly. Others have always been aware of its existence but have never seen it. It's something that seems to linger in the corners of their eyes. There are even cases of people being able to draw things they swear are from the 'Lightless World' as it has been named. People have gone missing as well, and when they return they have no recollection of their time there other than 'it was like home, only dark.'

One man was determined to gaze further into the secrets of the Lightless World. He was one such person who has always known it was there since he was a child. He began a research organization, and, long story short, one day an experiment goes wrong.

Now, the Lightless World is beginning to blur with our reality. Something that was never supposed to happen.

That's the basics of it anyway.

Idea 5: The Order | +
- A family is driving along a back country road after a disaster strikes, fleeing their home town in search of a better place to live. Along the way, they come across a naked man lying in the middle of the road. They stop. When they approach the man, a deep gash that had been stitched up and is mostly healed, is across his torso. He’s wearing a necklace, a dogtag with a military symbol on it. In his hand, there’s a slip of paper that says ‘Don’t trust the Order’

They ask him things like who he is and how he got there, how long he had been unconscious. But, appearing to have a serious case of amnesia, he says he does not know. It is evident that he’s been unconscious for quite some time, however.

The family decides, after a long discussion, to take him with them to help him regain his memories. But what they uncover changes them for the rest of their lives.

Like with every other idea, this one has endless possibilities.

I know for sure I want this 'Order' to be some kind of underground group, perhaps controlling much of the world from the shadows hoping to program society toward their vision.

I want to play the man with no memories (I'm thinking they were wiped... perhaps deliberately, and not by this 'Order'), and the family is up to both of us.

I hope something great will come out of this :)

Fandoms

Yes, this is a rare time where I am craving some fandoms. As of right now, I really don't have any specific plots for these ideas.

Keep in mind: I am ridiculously picky when it comes to fandom ideas so don't take it personal if I turn you down.

I will be playing OCs.

Dark Souls:
- I have wanted to do a Dark Souls rp for quite some time now. I don't really have a specific plot in mind, to be honest, so I'll just throw this out: It should come as no surprise, those who know me, that I love dragons. I would not be opposed to doing something with the path of the dragon.

Maybe I'm just not being optimistic, but I think this one will be the most difficult to plan out, if only because there are so many speculations and ways to look at lore, the way I look at a piece of lore might not match up to another person's views. But we shall see.

Resident Evil:
- Something inspired by the newest game, RE7, or even the first one. I'm not really looking for anything action-packed like RE5 or RE6, but rather actually taking place at a residence. It could even be something inspired by RE4.

Either way, I want to have our characters thrown into a situation with only one goal: survive.

Pokemon:
- I'm thinking something involving Team Rocket. I have a Team Rocket scientist I would love to revive. That's basically what I'm feeling right now.

Assassin's Creed:
- I really, really would love to do something during WWII. Though I would not be opposed to something during modern times or even something based off AC2. The only AC (of the main ones) I haven't seen from beginning to end is Black Flag.

Dragon Ideas
Pretty much what's written on the package. I am always up for ideas involving dragons, especially when it's an adventure of some kind.

I currently only have three actual dragon characters, and one dealing with dragons I would very much like to write:
Egil -fire dragon
Taika -ice dragon
Gabrielle -another fire-breather; a work in progress, but there's enough there to get a feel for her character and build some rps off of.
Ovia -A human with a dragon companion, who weilds powerful magic and is very knowledgeable about dragons. Also a work in progress, but there's enough to get a feel for her character.

Idea 1 | +
There was once and old and powerful dragon which lead a war against humans. When that dragon was slain, all of the dragons of the world began to die off one by one. Some by human hand, some by natural causes.

The remaining dragons live scattered throughout the world and seek to unite once again, to start another war on mankind. This time they are ready. The magic they wield has been lost to humans. Humans, after defeating the dragons, forbid magic in nearly every land.

Idea 2 | +
A young woman has taken a liking to the dragons that live in the mountains. The people of the city have been at war with the dragons for awhile, claiming them to be troublesome. They eat livestock and supposedly keep people up all night. Children are snatched up when parents are not looking.

But the young woman has made friends with the dragons. It has been her secret for years, until one day she is found out.

Idea 3 | +
A dying knight stumbles across a dragon. The dragon, at first, is in the mind of eating the knight, but something stops it. Afterward, they bond and set off on an adventure.

Idea 4 | +
Dragons have been thought to be extinct for centuries, but in truth have been living in hiding as shifters able to assume human form. Humans are unaware of this.

Currently, the world is dying. The sun is barely a flicker; temperatures are dropping as an eternal darkness threatens to cover the land. People are clinging to what little they have, just to survive. Once gorgeous meadows have become reduced to barren tundra, cities are slowly decaying. Hope seems like a foreign thing.

Some still cling to it, but others are cynical.

One day, a dragon is spotted. Legends say that this dragon that appears is a sign of hope. Here’s the catch: both humans and dragons are aware of this ‘hope dragon’ that has appeared.

Idea 5 | +
A long time ago, there was an ancient civilization. These people were nomads with no real place to call home.

The world was an unforgiving place, not many people were able to settle down and call somewhere home. Not only were there large, ancient creatures reigning at the top of the food chain, the land was not suitable for humans to inhabit. It was hot and many places were barren desert. Water was very hard to come by and was often fought over. Rain was considered a blessing.

Storms raged. Often times, the rain was very destructive. Even the creatures that did manage had a rough time.

They were built to survive. Large claws and fangs, thick skin, they were natural predators. It is said that humans were very similar to them back then. The skeletons and fossils uncovered showed humanoid animals with longer fingers and thicker bones, they were also shorter. The idea of ancient humans not using weapons is not too far-fetched.

Many skeletons were heavily damaged. More evidence of the harsh conditions of the ancient world, humans had to fight to survive. Presumably with each other, and creatures much larger than they were. There is a lack of evidence that might show whether or not humans had established society outside of primal instinct. In the current age, it’s assumed that they had not. There is no evidence of ancient cities, pottery, or anything of the like, giving further evidence to a nomadic lifestyle.

It’s not known when the ancient humans came across dragons. While there are many tales that have possible theories, a lot of evidence gives the assumption that dragons just showed up out of the blue one day. Ancient drawings, writings, even human skeletons having dragon-like qualities.

Sometime later, a tablet was also discovered. Magic was introduced to the modern world, something that was thought to have died centuries ago. There was an incident where someone curious somehow tapped into the power of the tablet. This person became the Warlock. With his newfound powers, he did truly evil things, making journals over the years.

After the Warlock was eventually captured and sentenced to death, the journals he wrote were examined by powerful magicians. They revealed horrible things reaching the darkest parts magic could go. Some of those depths had yet to be explored. The Warlock had been captured before he could complete his research.

In order to ensure that nobody else got their hands on such dark magic, the tablet was destroyed and the books were locked away for many years deep in an ancient chamber.

The books had not been as well hidden as one might think. One day, these books are uncovered again by an expedition team. The team, though knowledgeable, knew nothing about these books. But one thing was clear: they had a very dark magical aura about them.

The expedition team was curious. They brought the books to a temple where magic was practiced, and given to a very powerful witch named Veronica. She had been the one to discover that the dragon teeth could be used to amplify magic. It was unstable, as dragons possessed a very different level of magic, not to mention they were not common creatures, but she was willing to look into it. The revival of dark magic had begun…

At a price. As dragons were captured and slaughtered for their teeth, the world began to die with them…

Not immediately aware of what was going on, experiments on magic began. Humans and dragons, and other races of the world, were the victims of these experiments.

Things got even worse when some of the books were stolen from the temple. People grew more and more curious about dragon teeth and the magical properties they possessed that they’d take the experiments into their own hands…

---------------

Our story begins with two mercenaries hired by someone to track down a dragon that's supposedly been 'terrorizing' a rich farm owner and taking his/her livestock.

Little do they know, they are about to become part of something big…

Idea 6 | +
This is a story set during times of old, where civilization was just developing.

Keeping with the idea of this being set during the beginning, the land is pretty quiet. Cities aren't that big, and there is a lot of forest and wildlife. People live very far apart from each other so there aren't a lot of signs of human life except for a few bridges here and there. There is not a lot of technology, and horses and boats are the only means of transportation.

This is a time where dragons and humans live in harmony. Aside from a few bad apples here and there, man has not been corrupt by greed. They respect the land. Protect it. In return, the dragons watch over them. The humans built shrines, and on the edge of one major kingdom, a shrine was erect. At the top of the shrine was a stone. This stone is said to keep things in balance.

But something threatens that balance. Someone has stolen the stone.

This will be an adventure, one beginning with our characters meeting up some way or another (naturally), and ending with them finding the stone. Or perhaps they find the stone somewhere in the middle, and things escalate. There could be a war for the stone.

The characters can both be dragons, or a human and a dragon. I intend to play one of my dragons. If you want two humans, I can do that as well. But do keep in mind I will still be throwing one or more of my dragons in.

Idea 7 | +
An order has been given in the kingdom to hunt and kill all dragons in the area. Two characters come across a dragon egg that is close to hatching.

The story will mostly center around the egg hatching, and their efforts to hide the fact that they are keeping a dragon.

For these ideas, I'll probably still use the aforementioned characters depending. The exception being if you want to play the dragon for idea 2, and in 7 where I will be playing one of the characters that finds the egg. I am willing to take on as many roles as I need; I enjoy stories that have a decent number of characters and NPCs. Nothing too extravagant, of course.

If none of these ideas appeal to you, but you are in need of more dragons in your life, feel free to pitch some ideas of your own.

PMs are welcome! I look forward to writing with you.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:20 pm 

I would be interested in the Gun for Hire Rp with you

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:07 am 

Administrator

Medals: 13
Best Death (1) Best Group RP (1)
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

It's been awhile, but I think I can get back into roleplaying and have updated this.

I look forward to writing with whoever feels like subjecting their self to **** writing something casual.

Post subject: Re: 1x1 Search
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:21 pm 

Hello there!

I am new to the site but not new to RPing. I think a story around Udo would be really interesting. If you are still looking drop me a PM anytime.

Take care,
Tal