All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:06 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

Location: This is not the location you are looking for. Move along!
Medals: 6
GM of the Month (1) Completed RP (1)
Dedicated Partner (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

So this is my first actual real attempt to write in Alpha after being on this site for at least three years(I think...?). this is probably due to the fact that up until a few days ago I didn't realize most of my Beta posts and such were written as though I was using Low Alpha standards in the first place.

I am wondering if anyone would have an interest in writing a story about something I have been trying and failing to write solo for a while now. It essentially revolves around five Nations that have been under tyrannical rule of a King. the King lives in the central Nation, the nation of Trade, Kravenfriht. He rules with an iron fist and holds one of five mystical swords that each have powers beyond any other weapon in the Frihtian Empire.

The Five Swords were previously a gift to the five leaders of these Five Nations, All of which were given to powerful Knights dubbed the Knight of One, Two, Three, Four, and Five respectively. The King(whom was the Knight of One originally) has since killed off the other Knights of Five and has found that none of them had the swords once killed. he is now furiously searching for the swords.

It is a High Fantasy setting, with a few alterations. While dragons exist, they are no larger than your average cat. Thus they are more pet than dangerous beast. Also, magic MUST be cast using what is commonly referred to as a Source. Therefore there is no way to cast a spell without an Artifact, Weapon, or Rune in your possession. Dwarves control the mines which have the Runes, and Artifacts and Weapons are forged from Rune Shards. Therefore in this specific setting, Dwarfkind is indeed able to cast magic just like everyone else, because there are no "Wizards" since NO ONE can cast spells on their own power.

This was originally set up as a group that journeyed around finding the swords, but I realized that wouldn't work. the way it works in terms of Story boarding is four different groups, in four different Nations, each of which finds ONE of the four missing swords and they meet or intersect with the other groups somewhere along the line. HOWEVER, I realize that this would be WAY too hard to coordinate between four different RP groups, so this will actually only be a 1x1 with someone UNLESS I get a proposition from peeps here on how this idea could improve.

To reiterate, this is a huge project that I simply can't do alone, BUT I don't see it working as a group RP either. You are free to post suggestions on how to change it to make it a group effort, but for right now I only see this working as a 1x1 with SEVERAL CHARACTERS PER PERSON.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

Shoulder Angel: "Are you crazy?!?!?! you'll get us all killed!!!!!!"

Shoulder Demon: "That's the idea, Moron!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:09 pm 

Where do we go from here?

Blog: View Blog (1)

I am intensely interested in fantasy and this looks like something I'd enjoy. I have plenty of time. Just inform me of any other rules or requirements or make an OOC and I'll do what I can to help and RP with ya. :)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:26 pm 

...looking for some new RP's.

Medals: 2
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)

There are quite a few interesting ideas in Alpha, but this is the first in a while that is to my taste... *nomnom*
:D

Actually, at one point during the month, a group of a dozen or so Cultivators belonging to a different local power group showed up. They desired to slay Meng Hao and take his medicinal pills by force. A single cold snort echoed out from within the Immortal’s cave, causing Heaven and Earth to shake, and instantly killing half of the group.(from ISSTH)

How to beat a Machine gun with a Laser sword. | +
(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:32 pm 

This sounds really interesting, if you figure out how to get it to work as a group RP I'd love to join!

What if you did 4 players, each one playing one whole group?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:35 pm 

the stars look very different today ★

Medals: 5
Original RP (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)

To be honest I'm extremely interested in this idea, but I'm not sure if I would have the kind of time you're looking for when it comes to posting on this project. I can, however, offer up a suggestion that you could have four roleplayers, playing one member of each group, so each roleplayer plays four characters. To avoid confusion you can colour code the groups and put breakers between the characters you're playing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:44 pm 

Hmm not a bad idea, I'd be interested in playing a group that had found a sword.
Actually, if you are interested,
you could make the five kingdoms have one sword each in hiding, with a sword per person. Or some swords that arent still found, and other that have been "bound" to special people... I dont know what your ideas towards them are.
maybe four swords have been found and the four people would be looking for a fifth.

Or maybe the swords have special abilities ? (like five elements) and would be hiding behind something. Shaping not as sword as for example .. a tree? an animal? xD who knows...

Actually, at one point during the month, a group of a dozen or so Cultivators belonging to a different local power group showed up. They desired to slay Meng Hao and take his medicinal pills by force. A single cold snort echoed out from within the Immortal’s cave, causing Heaven and Earth to shake, and instantly killing half of the group.(from ISSTH)

(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:57 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

And Cotton wins the Super Bowl!

If it is alright with everyone else, four color coded groups with everyone playing one(or two) characters in each group would work best. I can even set it up so that each RPer has one of the swords for one of the groups apeice, that way all of us have 1 character with special abilities.

Shoulder Demon: (Looking at controls of train) "Let's see how many times we can wreck this thing before we're all dead."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:16 pm 

sure. I'd like to do that. And its just right to play one or two chars only. Is one char and his/her pet (as in mystic animal) allowed ? Do you have any special abilities for the swords in mind or are they all the same?

Edit:
So as not to break up each players post into four sections, how about posting each one character of group 1 (4 posts ) then group 2 etc?
Like each group gets one turn (or maybe two up to GM) and then next groups turn.

When/ IF the groups meet, Its of course possible to have them interact at the same time... but up to that point you might want to apply this suggestion if you'd like.

It would take longer time (or shorter posts, who knows) but the reading flow would be more gratifying and less confusing.
Since there might still be a fifth? the kings? faction, no?

(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:49 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

That makes a lot of sense, Ari. more plot time for each group WOULD make the story flow better. I will start writing up an OOC with everything you all need to know. should have it up by Wednesday.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:34 pm 

Sure, take your time :) I'll be busy till weekend but I'll look in here from time to time.

On another note, I would also like to know what races/half races from (high) fantasy settings will we be allowed /or not allowed to pick.
Or if you will set the group races as it is. Who knows maybe you have a predetermined faction (elves, dwarves, humans .. etc) who you want to give the swords to already. Or maybe there are some factions / group of adventurers that dont even know that there is a sword-wielder among them?

Anyway I'm looking forward to this story slowly emerging ;)

(sig made by Eferhilda)

MtG | +
ImageImage

Nodiatis | +

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:22 pm 

Where do we go from here?

Sorry I haven't been involved plotting or anything. I'm just sort of hanging back and watching all the chaos. XD. The suggestions sound far so good. Any age requirements in terms of characters? What constraints on magic usage? Perhaps each sword has a spirit animal counterpart? (All of these are merely suggestions. Use them as you will. :) )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:16 pm 

The Happy RP salesman

The Five Sword Saga {Remastered}

As far as character constraints, I have listed a Races section in the OOC(link above.)

Magic usage is based on how proficient you are. things that are considered miraculous can kill you, while things that make sense like conjuring some sort of attack will drain your stamina bit by bit. The exception is the five swords. thier abilities ignore this rule.

And while I don't want spirit animals, the swords each do have a conscience of some sort defined by the RPers.