All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:46 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Hey everybody!
I'm looking for 1x1 threads here, I'm not completely opposed to more people but I've learned recently that it can be a little overwhelming sometimes, especially if the setting is a bit more specific. I've got, like... Too many ideas. I know lots of the time we all have ideas and finding a partner is the tough part, so if at any point you're reading what follows here or my resume and you think 'that there chappie would be great as fiddle #2 in my idea', please PM me to counter-recruit for that. I'm certainly down to listen, at least. Anyway, here's some of my current ideas or interests, PM if you like anything you see =)

1. AGAINST ALL ODDS
So, for as long as I can remember, I've been a sucker for heroes facing unbeatable odds. Like, unwinnable forces. Those heroes who know the world is lost and fight anyway, I always found it compelling to consider what it was that would drive someone to keep going even when there's no victory to be had. I wrote something about this on my own that I hope to one day adapt into some kind of... Thing. That is available for others to enjoy. But as it is I'd actually be glad to see heroes that OTHER PEOPLE write dealing with the undeniable fact that their fight, though noble, is ultimately in vain. There's a lot of places to go in a story where that bombshell has already been dropped. Do some of them stop fighting? Do some join the winning side and forsake their own beliefs and people? These kinds of ideas really intrigue me. I know this one's pretty vague on *what* the unbeatable actually is, but I feel like that could change depending on how you want to play this. Yeah it's a little out there as a story idea, but I'll stretch to make it work if anybody wants to try it.

2. TECHNO-LIGHT
(This may be the most boring one on here for some readers, so feel free to skip this if you're not looking for something slow/quiet. Trust me, I've got plenty of bombast in the other entries on this list.)
While I love to play science fiction for its own merits, I've actually been eager to try something a little more laid back. This story would be a slow-paced romance, something that isn't already determined so that how our characters ended up in terms of their relationship/lifestyle would develop as it went along. So why hang onto the science fiction element at all? Because the backdrop can make a story work. Something about a soft, sunny future on some alien planet or colony ship could really add a beautiful element to potentially a very sweet story. Heterosexual or homosexual, I prefer to play a male as my lead but it's by no means set in stone. I'm open to going kind of far out with the themes explored in this if that's what you are interested in, or we can keep it very tame as I'm equally comfortable with that. If the vague destination of a slow-burn, open-ended romance amidst the stars appeals to you at all, please PM me to let me know!

3. DUNGEON BELLS
So, for a tiny bit of background on this, there's an older computer game that I've been playing for some years with an aesthetic for one of the playable races that I liked so much I wrote my own lore around it. 'Dungeon' was the name of a playable team in Heroes of Might and Magic V, which is the one I took the look from. The game has its own lore obviously but it's not especially inspired stuff and I preferred my own anyway. What you need to know is that Dungeon was a group of elves who lived in subterranean cities carved into massive stalactites. And they were MEAN. These people had things like minotaur slaves, sacrificial pits and the kind of piercings you only see in post-apocalyptic movies. They're beautiful, vicious and about as backstabbity as you can be this side of the Sith empire.
Here's what I was thinking: This is a great opportunity to play any kind of villain in your typical fantasy setting. What if you wanna BE the horrific evil the heroes are fighting against, what if you want to make captive the world rather than free it? Or, what if you want to go against the grain and be a GOOD person from this incredibly villainous society, trying to save a world of people who distrust and despise you just for your race? Either way, I would really love to set something in such beautiful and treacherous a world. This could be the ultimate underdog story, or a chance to put your baby seal boots up on the table and watch the world burn.

4. ALWAYS HUNGRY
There's just something fun about that sense of chilling hopelessness when you pop in an old slasher VHS and somebody says something like 'I'm so glad that nothing horrible ever happens to young adults on a camping trip without any means of contacting the authorities!' I would have a blast playing a thread where one person was most or all of the victims and the other person was the killer/monster/angry tree/whatever that was slaughtering everything to pieces. The tone, at least as much as possible, would echo one of the older slashers in terms of how very expendable everyone was and (hopefully) the incredible reveal that the one dude who was so obviously the killer wasn't actually the killer. Obviously a thread like that wouldn't exactly be meant for real longevity, even if it had a slow buildup, so it could be a fun little exercise for anyone out there who wants a little practice in the dark arts or just misses that era of film-making. Just let me know. After all... The woods are always hungry. (You have no idea how long I just spent trying to phoneticize that creepy echo from Friday the 13th...)

5. TOY CHEST - 03/16
Okay, so, for the last one I'll list here, I'm just gonna take a lot of the elements and details that I personally love and jumble them up, like I was a kid again pulling a few unrelated toys from a toy chest. This time, it's gonna be... Minotaurs as well as humans and elves... In a sci-fi future... Where the world is repeatedly under siege by an endless robot army... And the people who fight them off are celebrities whose lives are inappropriately invaded by paparazzi. Yeah, that could be amusing. Sounds like a much less inspired version of the Pern books... In that it absolutely doesn't apart from the pseudo-celebrities with a daily grind to keep the world safe thing. But still, I kind of like how that turned out. Since this one is intentionally built piecemeal, feel free to PM me suggesting one, or even most, of the elements are dropped, if there's some part of it you like.

Okay, that's it for this one. Hopefully I get some bites, in a long while from now I'll do another one of these. PM me if you're interested at all in any of these, if not that's really cool. I also recommend checking out my resume or introduction if you wanna get a feel for who I am and how I write =)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:13 pm 

Where do we go from here?

Blog: View Blog (1)

I'd love to do the Unbeatable Odds idea with you. If you shoot me a PM I can give you a little more plot information. Just don't have the time to write it down here right now. Still, it looks very interesting.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:55 am 

Blog: View Blog (2)

Cottonmouth wrote:
Hey everybody!
I'm looking for 1x1 threads here, I'm not completely opposed to more people but I've learned recently that it can be a little overwhelming sometimes, especially if the setting is a bit more specific. I've got, like... Too many ideas. I know lots of the time we all have ideas and finding a partner is the tough part, so if at any point you're reading what follows here or my resume and you think 'that there chappie would be great as fiddle #2 in my idea', please PM me to counter-recruit for that. I'm certainly down to listen, at least. Anyway, here's some of my current ideas or interests, PM if you like anything you see =)

1. AGAINST ALL ODDS
So, for as long as I can remember, I've been a sucker for heroes facing unbeatable odds. Like, unwinnable forces. Those heroes who know the world is lost and fight anyway, I always found it compelling to consider what it was that would drive someone to keep going even when there's no victory to be had. I wrote something about this on my own that I hope to one day adapt into some kind of... Thing. That is available for others to enjoy. But as it is I'd actually be glad to see heroes that OTHER PEOPLE write dealing with the undeniable fact that their fight, though noble, is ultimately in vain. There's a lot of places to go in a story where that bombshell has already been dropped. Do some of them stop fighting? Do some join the winning side and forsake their own beliefs and people? These kinds of ideas really intrigue me. I know this one's pretty vague on *what* the unbeatable actually is, but I feel like that could change depending on how you want to play this. Yeah it's a little out there as a story idea, but I'll stretch to make it work if anybody wants to try it.

2. TECHNO-LIGHT
(This may be the most boring one on here for some readers, so feel free to skip this if you're not looking for something slow/quiet. Trust me, I've got plenty of bombast in the other entries on this list.)
While I love to play science fiction for its own merits, I've actually been eager to try something a little more laid back. This story would be a slow-paced romance, something that isn't already determined so that how our characters ended up in terms of their relationship/lifestyle would develop as it went along. So why hang onto the science fiction element at all? Because the backdrop can make a story work. Something about a soft, sunny future on some alien planet or colony ship could really add a beautiful element to potentially a very sweet story. Heterosexual or homosexual, I prefer to play a male as my lead but it's by no means set in stone. I'm open to going kind of far out with the themes explored in this if that's what you are interested in, or we can keep it very tame as I'm equally comfortable with that. If the vague destination of a slow-burn, open-ended romance amidst the stars appeals to you at all, please PM me to let me know!

3. DUNGEON BELLS
So, for a tiny bit of background on this, there's an older computer game that I've been playing for some years with an aesthetic for one of the playable races that I liked so much I wrote my own lore around it. 'Dungeon' was the name of a playable team in Heroes of Might and Magic V, which is the one I took the look from. The game has its own lore obviously but it's not especially inspired stuff and I preferred my own anyway. What you need to know is that Dungeon was a group of elves who lived in subterranean cities carved into massive stalactites. And they were MEAN. These people had things like minotaur slaves, sacrificial pits and the kind of piercings you only see in post-apocalyptic movies. They're beautiful, vicious and about as backstabbity as you can be this side of the Sith empire.
Here's what I was thinking: This is a great opportunity to play any kind of villain in your typical fantasy setting. What if you wanna BE the horrific evil the heroes are fighting against, what if you want to make captive the world rather than free it? Or, what if you want to go against the grain and be a GOOD person from this incredibly villainous society, trying to save a world of people who distrust and despise you just for your race? Either way, I would really love to set something in such beautiful and treacherous a world. This could be the ultimate underdog story, or a chance to put your baby seal boots up on the table and watch the world burn.

4. ALWAYS HUNGRY
There's just something fun about that sense of chilling hopelessness when you pop in an old slasher VHS and somebody says something like 'I'm so glad that nothing horrible ever happens to young adults on a camping trip without any means of contacting the authorities!' I would have a blast playing a thread where one person was most or all of the victims and the other person was the killer/monster/angry tree/whatever that was slaughtering everything to pieces. The tone, at least as much as possible, would echo one of the older slashers in terms of how very expendable everyone was and (hopefully) the incredible reveal that the one dude who was so obviously the killer wasn't actually the killer. Obviously a thread like that wouldn't exactly be meant for real longevity, even if it had a slow buildup, so it could be a fun little exercise for anyone out there who wants a little practice in the dark arts or just misses that era of film-making. Just let me know. After all... The woods are always hungry. (You have no idea how long I just spent trying to phoneticize that creepy echo from Friday the 13th...)

5. TOY CHEST - 03/16
Okay, so, for the last one I'll list here, I'm just gonna take a lot of the elements and details that I personally love and jumble them up, like I was a kid again pulling a few unrelated toys from a toy chest. This time, it's gonna be... Minotaurs as well as humans and elves... In a sci-fi future... Where the world is repeatedly under siege by an endless robot army... And the people who fight them off are celebrities whose lives are inappropriately invaded by paparazzi. Yeah, that could be amusing. Sounds like a much less inspired version of the Pern books... In that it absolutely doesn't apart from the pseudo-celebrities with a daily grind to keep the world safe thing. But still, I kind of like how that turned out. Since this one is intentionally built piecemeal, feel free to PM me suggesting one, or even most, of the elements are dropped, if there's some part of it you like.

Okay, that's it for this one. Hopefully I get some bites, in a long while from now I'll do another one of these. PM me if you're interested at all in any of these, if not that's really cool. I also recommend checking out my resume or introduction if you wanna get a feel for who I am and how I write =)

Techno Light sounds interesting~ I like it.

-Dreams of an Absolution

"If you expected the World to be perfect, you were looking for perfection in the wrong place."