All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Blood Trials
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:04 am 

The Blood Trials have officially begun.

Blog: View Blog (1)

Okay guys, so this isn't like my normal interest check where the rp is already made. This is one where I am genuinely going to poll and see how many people would be up for something like this before I do it. Cause it's going to take a whole lot of work on my part to get everything on a roll and I don't want this to be another of my ideas that just fade away lol. Especially since this idea has a bit of continuation to it.

What I had in mind was a roleplay that would be of the horror/mystery nature that I was inspired to do after watching the hunger games. It would be about 3 gods who have gotten bored. These gods rule over all of the universe known and unknown, and have the powers to touch the farthest reaches of it. They want to play a game to cure such boredom, they pull two contestants per god, six in total, (this can be altered, but I figured six is a fair number to start with) as a sort of makeshift "team" representing that particular god in these trials. These contestants, (your characters [original only]) can be pulled from any dimension, place in time, era, universe, setting, or world. They can be any species. There is no restrictions on characters outside of the fact that their powers may be limited in the trial arena (considering the fact that if there weren't some restrictions, then god moding would be a thing.) But this gives you the ability to use literally ANY character from ANY universe in ANY time period that you wish. And it is sure to create some interesting situations if you pit them all together. Think of the trial arena as a hub between realms. TO CLARIFY: The teams do not have to work with or against each other. That's just to seperate which god chose which people. The characters can ally/make enemies out of whoever they want to. OR even go alone.

Here's where things get interesting. In this competition, the gods brief them with only the fact that one person among them is a murderer. They have to find out which one it is. They will have a set time to figure out who the murderer is, and they shall have to battle against the arena as well in the form of natural elements such as the environment, hunger, thirst, and shelter. If they don't figure out who the murderer is in that time, then the god who chose the murderer wins. If they figure it out, the person who found it out's god wins. If they all get murdered, then once again the god who chose the murderer wins. Character death is a very real thing so it would be up to a lot of dice rolls on situations like that so its fair.

The prize for winning? The remaining participants are sent back home, the winner will get a select prize from their god, and the god who won's prize is getting to set up the next arena for the next blood trial with their own rules, regulations, and setting.

For the mechanics of how this would work to add in some interesting things for everyone, there would be one traitor in the group randomly selected that will assist the murderer or try to throw them off of everyone else's tracks. The people can ask the god that picked them for ONE hint. A dice roll will select the nature of the hint you receive. You can also come across random events of fortune or misfortune.

What happens to continue this when it's over? If said user would be up to it, then they would be the person to design the next blood trial XD

Opinions? Questions? Would anyone go for anything like this at all?

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Last edited by Lewi on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The Blood Trials
View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:21 am 

Medals: 1
Longest RP (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Interested.

"We all change. When you think about it, we are all different people, all through our lives and that's okay, that's good! You've gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:35 am 

Rum innate.

Medals: 2
December 2015 (1) Gif Hunt Participant! (1)
Blog: View Blog (4)

I will be trying to solve the mystery -- as a spectator, though, not as a participant.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:51 am 

Illithids (Mind Flayer): A Dreamers worst nightmare.

Location: The Mental Nexus, Where Thoughts Are Imported, And Ideas Are Exported.

"Bastion and Discord can count as one person, right? :3 I'm in."

Click to summon my familiar. He's only an Hatchling, for now.

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:47 pm 

World building for RPs that always seem to die

Medals: 1
Most Creative (1)

It looks interesting

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:25 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

Sounds very interesting. I've never done a dice game before, but I'm willing to try.

ImageImage

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:08 pm 

Definitely intrigued.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:37 pm 

Well, That's just one shy of having a ball game guys ^^ so I guess soon there will be an ooc linked here.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:10 am 

Fate has failed to remove you, I am here to Rectify that mistake.

Medals: 5
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Supporter (1)

I think.... I might...
ummmm.....
l Ummm
Down....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:30 pm 

For everyone who was interested, there is now an OOC! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=48980

@Ghaleon_Sericia @Illegitimate Chimera @Sojourn @Blackmarket Salesman @Zwei @Sentience @The_Silence