All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:13 pm 

Apologies to my Partners. Life is a bit hectic.Thanks for being understanding.

Blog: View Blog (0)

I am looking to start a new batch of role-plays. I do have some ideas to start with, but feel free to run any ideas by me. I am very open to ideas. And if it doesn't interest me, I'll just tell you.

Original Setting
-High Fantasy
-Post-apocalyptic
-Mythology-inspired Fantasy
-Adventure
-Science Fiction

Fandoms (Original Characters)

-Pokemon (Early years)
-Digimon (1st & 2nd Season mostly)
-Star Wars
-Star Trek (not DS9)
-Lord of the Rings/Hobbit
-Harry Potter
-Doctor Who
-Inuyasha
-.hack (video games)
-Dungeons & Dragons
-World of Warcraft

Strange Lands & Stranger Company IC OOC
InuYasha: The Demon Army of the Daimyo IC OOC

Last edited by Teal88 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:04 am 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

Hello there, I think that I might like a few different of your ideas here, though I was admittedly a little concern by your resume. Do you have some kind of minimum word count requirement that you want your players to stick to? I admit I don't think I could do that ^^;

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:01 am 

Oh no, no minimum word count. I just want a good quality post. No chat speak or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:29 am 

Allow me to make myself abundantly clear. I aim to misbehave.

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

Hiya! I might have a few ideas for you. There are a few that i write fairly well. An RP about a fighter pilot squadron and an RP about someone stumbling across someone's house in a forest in the mountains. After having been searching for shelter during a harsh winter blizzard.

And i'll join you if you like. I've been looking for a roleplay partner for a while now.

Thanks,
Hunter Dracon

"I let the wind and weather guide my hand through the endless skies. Grace is my style, stealth is my ally, speed is my closest friend, and agility my sword. But when wind and rhythm combine, I am an unstoppable force."

“Yet, I am alone, forever and always. Alone in my freedoms, alone in my desires, alone in my thirst for blood and violence, and alone in my anger, frustration, sadness, and depression. Happiness is a privilege I do not have, thus I wish to earn it, but how can I when all I am is disgraced and ignored by many?”

"I do not understand why I suffer so, why I cannot have my wish for inner peace, prosperity, and freedom granted? It is what I am due for my own suffering is it not? But nonetheless, I am alone."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:59 pm 

I am not well versed in airplanes to do a fighter pilot RP. Sorry.

I did read your search thread for your "snowed in" idea. I'll consider it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:11 pm 

If you're not versed in enough for a fighter pilot rp i can help you with that. I've been obsessed with aircraft since i was a baby. In fact, i'm told my first word was airplane. Hehehehe... Yeah. Anyway, I'm kind of an aviation geek so if you need any info i can help ya.

Thanks,
Hunter Dracon

"I let the wind and weather guide my hand through the endless skies. Grace is my style, stealth is my ally, speed is my closest friend, and agility my sword. But when wind and rhythm combine, I am an unstoppable force."

“Yet, I am alone, forever and always. Alone in my freedoms, alone in my desires, alone in my thirst for blood and violence, and alone in my anger, frustration, sadness, and depression. Happiness is a privilege I do not have, thus I wish to earn it, but how can I when all I am is disgraced and ignored by many?”

"I do not understand why I suffer so, why I cannot have my wish for inner peace, prosperity, and freedom granted? It is what I am due for my own suffering is it not? But nonetheless, I am alone."

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:26 am 

Oh real sorry, I was just confused and I didn't want to have a word minimum beyond what's standard for Alpha or Beta since I don't want to end up making it look like I write filler or anything of the sort. Sorry for being such a nerd about this, haha.

That being said, you have some of my top series in there to write for, if I'm allowed to throw out a few ideas. What would you like in terms of an original character Star Wars or Star Trek RP? What eras do you usually like in those?

When it comes to .hack, do you prefer to play canons, or are all the series that you listed involve original characters preferentially?

Again, I do hope I didn't sound rude at all ^^;

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:58 am 

No, you're fine. I didn't think you were rude at all.

To be honest, it's so rare to get any interest in these fandoms that I am just excited to get a chance to talk about it. I have never gotten this far in planning one. XD

For Star Wars, I'd love to play something in the Old Republic or Rebellion eras. In the Old Republic, it would be fun to play a Jedi/Padawan pairing (romance is not a major requirement). As for the Rebellion era, I wouldn't mind playing as smugglers or maybe bounty hunters.

When it comes to Star Trek, I could play an OC on one of the existing ships. Or we can play OCs on an original ship. We could plain regular crew men or officers.

.Hack. Again, another fandom its hard to get people to be interested in. Now, I'd like to point of the I have never seen the show and I have only played the first two games.

I do not usually play canons. There are only a few fandoms were I play them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:07 am 

Ah, alright, so even with .hack you'd prefer to have original characters? Admittedly I'm a sucker for something involving Kite/Black*Rose as a pairing, but I'd be happy to invent some characters myself as well!

I've never actually played the games, and am more familiar with the anime and manga myself, but I'd be happy to create someone myself.

As for Star Wars, I usually play in the Rebellion Era myself, but I tend to play Imperial characters. I could certainly try your Jedi/Apprentice romance if you'd like though, or perhaps, if you were interested, you could play a smuggler or bounty hunter to my Imperial and have something of a forbidden romance.

I could certainly go for the Old Republic era too like I said though!

When you say Pokemon the Early Years, do you mean in the original 151-pokemon continuity or something beyond that?

I actually wouldn't mind Doctor Who either, but I'm not very familiar with the modern show.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:21 am 

lol. You are all over the place! You are also picking all of the fandoms that no one else seems to want, so now I am very torn. My nerdy heart wants all of them.

I'd considered Kite & Black Rose, but I am unsure how accurately I could portray her. Besides, with our non-overlapping experience, that may not be a good option.

I have actually never played Imperial characters. I have no idea what to do with "bad" characters. I do like the forbidden romance ideas though. Imperial/Bounty Hunter vs Master/Apprentice....ugh, decisions!

I do mean the original series. I grew up playing Red, Blue and Yellow. That's what I think of when I think Pokemon.

Again, we are clashing in our knowledge. I only know the new series.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:43 am 

lol looks like you've got ur hands full teal. If i can join in an dhelp ya out just let me know.

Thanks,
Hunter Dracon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:45 am 

Since we sort of clash with our knowledge in Dot Hack as well as Doctor Who, would you prefer to take those two series off the table at least for now? Perhaps that would help us to better make a decision.

If we were to do Pokemon, then would we base it more on the depiction provided in the Red/Blue/Yellow games, or the depiction provided in the anime? I'm actually good either way, though I find the game universe to be more interesting and realistic.

What we could do with the forbidden romance idea, if you wanted to, was have neither of our characters bad, but initially appear evil to one another. From your bounty hunter's point of view, she's taking out the trash so to speak and cleaning up the scum of the galaxy, but to my Imperial officer's point of view she's a criminal.

From my Imperial officer's point of view, he's doing his best to end a terrifying conflict and bring peace and prosperity to the galaxy, but from your bounty hunter's point of view he's a tool of an oppressive regime.

Would you like something like that? Maybe they learn to work together to take out a bigger threat.

That is unless of course you'd feel more comfortable with the Old Republic idea, which we could do; or perhaps even Pokemon. Man, I am all over the place!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:12 am 

Lets keep it at Star Wars, huh? Its the most consistent. I could see playing a vigilante Bounty hunter.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:14 am 

All right, let's stick with that. I hope that I wasn't spamming you out with too many ideas or anything like that at all! Did you want to use that concept then?

Any particular species you prefer?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:25 am 

Honestly? I love Twi'leks but the odds of a Twi'lek not being a slave dancer in this setting is slim. I'll just be Human.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:28 am 

Well actually, if it's all the same to you, I have an established Twi'lek Imperial character that I could bring into this continuity. It might even be funny if she doesn't see him for a long time, since he'd be wearing one of those snazzy helmets, and eventually he took it off.

"You...have head tails?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:30 am 

Can i join or not? I can't tell because you and Aeromancer are in the middle of a conversation. Just let em know what you guys decide on and i'll create my character for it.

Thanks,
Hunter Dracon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:12 am 

@Aero That sounds fun actually.

@Hunter Uh, this was supposed to be a 1X1.

PostThis post was deleted by Eggsy on Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:19 am.
Reason: Off topic for the interest check.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:56 am 

I'll actually get in touch with you via PM, since it looked like we shared at least one interest in common that's different from this storyline. Does that sound fair?