All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: InuYasha RP?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:53 pm 

Apologies to my Partners. Life is a bit hectic.Thanks for being understanding.

Blog: View Blog (0)

Welcome to a period in Japanese marked by social upheaval, political intrigue and near-constant military conflict Japanese historians named the Warring States period. There is much strife and hardship around you. As if that wasn’t enough, demons and monsters ravage the countryside, making victims of those who struggle to survive the wars and famine.

Rules
1. The setting is as portrayed by the InuYasha manga/anime series. This is equivalent to the Sengoku period of Feudal Japanese history (c. 1767-1603.) This rule withstanding, your characters must fit into this timeline. You CANNOT be a modern era character who has been misplaced in time. In terms of the canon timeline, this will be during the 50 years between Kikyo’s death and Kagome’s appearance in the Feudal Era.
2. This is an Original Character fanfic. You cannot be connected to the canon characters in any direct way. This means no to origin stories where you are their children, family members, students, enemies, etc. You ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT act as a love interest to a canon character. This displaces the canon characters and therefore makes them non-canon. I may possibly allow your character to know of them, but nothing more.
3. This will be a story about a minor lord who enlists the aide of a demons to help him take over the country and instate himself as Emperor. There will be two groups: the villains and the heroes. I may open up the option for having multiple characters if needed.
4. We are not running by a strict posting order but you do only get 2 posts per cycle. This is to keep the flow going without allowing for a single person or pair to hijack the RP. I want all of you to feel as though are equally important to to the story because you are!
5. I do require that you post fairly regularly. This will also vary depending on how fast the rest of the group posts. If one person or so is slowing down the group, I will intervene.
6. Posting a warning of absences in the OOC is a MUST! I will give you a few days. However, if you haven't posted in a week, I will PM you to check up. If you make a habit of posting less than a week without a VERY good reason, I will kick you from the RP. Sorry but this is a group RP and you made a commitment.
7. I fully encourage friendships and relationships between the character. However, please be careful to be considerate of the group. Do not clog up our RP with a long dialogue scene, especially if its getting steamy. Feel free to move it to PMs.
8. If you are interested in joining, please post here or PM me.

Character-specific Rules *NEW*
1. I will work out the story with each of you for your characters. This will be important for villains especially. This will continue on as the story progresses.
2. I will be playing the lord. He is the main villain. He will be the one to whom your villains report back to. He is a constant until the end of the story. This is only true as he is not a presence in combat. He is limited to doling out instructions, secret meetings, and various other small scenes for the most part. Your villain characters are demons and/or half-demons that he has exerted control over.
3. "Minor" villains will rotate turns each week. I use the term "week" loosely. Basically, I and the player who has the "acting villain" will get together and plot out a basic idea for the current encounter. This will be played out until it is completed, which I would say should be about a week at most. Then, the next person who is slotted to play the next villain will pick up where they left off. Depending on the story discussions, there may or may not be recovery time for the heroes.
4. You have a hero and a "minor" villain. Your villain will have a full story to them. They may or may not be a willing "servant" to the lord. Plan on creating an entire story for your heroes AND villains that will develop as the story progresses. I promise that I will allow you time to grow as characters and to see your character's story arc come to light. Please, remember that the goal for the heroes is to defeat the villain. This most likely will result in your villain character being killed eventually.
5. Your characters, no matter how much you love them, must be capable of being injured. This can be as a small gashes to which the character simply snarls at on up to serious, debilitating wounds. You may end a week in hiding until you have healed. This is some of the story discussion mention above.
6. If I suspect that you are "godding" your character, I will ensure your character will be out of commission for a time. This will happen twice with the second time being quite a while. The third offense, I will kill them. They CANNOT be revived from this death. I am unsure if I will allow you to make a new character at this time.
7. You can have up to 3 henchman for the villain's "monster of the week" element (think 3 demons you hired or kidnapped to fight for you). You can have more if they are temporary (think "Shadow Clone Jutsu" from Naruto). We can talk about your plans for the "week". Please, just be sure not to take to big of a bite for yourself.
8. The other big no-no is SPOILERS! If you are playing the villain of the week, you CANNOT secretly reveal information to any other player. You wouldn't tell your friends how the manga ends, would you? If you would, shame on you and get out! We don't like asses here. XD
9. Also, as the GM, I hearby promise to never use my knowledge of the story to gain an advantage for myself. That being said, this does not mean that my EVIL lord will not exploit weakness. If you have a puppy you love more than anything, he could kill it. If you harbor deep secrets in your past, he can and will blackmail your character. Be warned. He is, after all, a bad guy. However, if your villain has a wound that they managed to completely cover up, my hero will not have pinpoint accuracy to stab you just exactly where you are already injured or anything of that sort.
10. In the same light, as I may know intimate details, I will never be the source for any great reveals or solved mysteries. If a player wants it to be a secret that their character is, in fact, a woman despite all outward appearances otherwise, I will never draw attention to this fact. It must be figured out by the other players.

Contacting the GM
If you have any questions about anything you see or don't see here, shoot me a PM.

Strange Lands & Stranger Company IC OOC
InuYasha: The Demon Army of the Daimyo IC OOC

Last edited by Teal88 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:29 am, edited 6 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: InuYasha RP?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:13 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

Blog: View Blog (1)

I'm game, I've got plenty of characters lined up for the heroes and villains. I'll wait a bit and decide where I can be of most use.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:20 pm 

Awesome! I hope to get more replies soon.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:29 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

If there's not enough interest for a group, and you want to do a 1x1 I'm up for it. =D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:28 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

I know that I'm probably in enough RPs as it is, and I don't want to look like I'm overextending myself, but I'm actually really interested in giving another Inuyasha storyline a try. Would three be too much of a crowd here?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:39 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

I don't want to speak for Teal, but I don't mind. You're always really responsible, when it comes to keeping up with your rps (I don't kknow how you do it, man XD )

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:08 am 

Hahaha, well, I should certainly thank you for the vote of confidence in that case! For what it's worth, I'd do my best with keeping up my end on this one as well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:09 am 

My knowledge on Inuyasha is slight, but i like the universe. I'm super into this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:49 am 

Well, I assume that it wouldn't be too much of a problem, because we're using original characters it would have looked like.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:30 pm 

Yeah I'm aware. I'm trying to think up a few good characters. Might have to actually watch inyuasha to come up with something before we start.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:46 am 

That's totally understandable. Maybe you'd rather start with one of the movies or something? I don't want you to have to sit through a whole bunch of material on account of the RP, hahah!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:00 am 

I don't mind :P it's a pretty good show after the first few episodes. After they find the sword is when i actually started caring! Haha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:15 am 

Oh my gosh, yes!!! More people.

I'd love to have you, Aero. I completely agree and re-vouch for you! You have been fantastic in the small time of our 1x1.

Welcome, Bottlecap! Yes, we are going to be OC. By all means, get reaccquainted with the universe if you want but no major pressure. You don't have to rewatch the whole damn series or anything. *looks around suspiciously as she hits play on InuYasha via Netflix* XD

Last edited by Teal88 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:18 am 

Hahaha, well, I guess I should be quite happy to have the vote of confidence there. Thank you kindly. *coughs to hide his singing* I want to change the world~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:24 am 

Oh! I do have a question for you, friends. Are each of you thinking of having a "hero" character? I am trying to figure out how to do the villains. So far I have though t of 4 options: 1. I play all the bad guys. That might equal to a lot of bad guys and get overwhelming. 2. We wait for some one to play the bad guy(s). That might be a while. 3. I advertise for bad guy(s) Again, might be awhile. 4. We can play multiple characters. One good, one bad? what do you guys think?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:09 pm 

SHE'S DEAD!

I actually have been thinking about playing a hero and a villain. ( I messaged you about two character ideas I had. One of them is better suited for being a villain anyhow)

Enviado desde mi LG-D851 mediante Tapatalk

-Claiming souls for my father's land
-Preparing for war is my father's plan
-Revealing desires; dirty and unique
-Committing horrors mortals can't speak
-Ire to the man with a life full of hatred
-Blood from your veins, what you held most sacred.

-Sustain. Empower what you find unholy.
-Bleed. Feed who really needs you wholly.
-Salvation turned her back,
~Even when I sought her
- But Life is my wife and Death is her daughter
- Time goes by but I never grow old
- Happily,
-I watch your Skin. Turn. To Mold.
- Every time around another fleeting time of pleasure
-"Together.... we'll be-
Together-
Forever"
- but then you die, life fallen like a tiny feather
- just a bout of rain from a bad day of weather.
- Every time I feed I concede to my need............ -Unfinished

~Son of the Beast and the Leech

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
but it still changes
Ever so Slightly
Daily and Nightly
In little ways
Everything Stays

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:41 pm 

Originally, I was going to just say we share the influence of the villains as NPCs. While there's the overarching plot in the original of Naraku controlling things from behind the scenes, there are also plenty of episodes that take on a "monster of the week" sort of sensibility to them as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:39 pm 

I like the monster of the week idea, where we all just kind of take turns taking control of the main antagonist for that chapter eventually leading up to the true puppet master of the story. (That is if Aero and i are thinking of the same thing.) Or we could all pick a good guy and a bad guy. Those are my two favorite ideas.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:52 pm 

Ok. Sorry I have been MIA. I had a New Year's party to plan and a house to clean for it. Plus, today was dominated by a super hangover. Serves me right, eh? Anyhoo!

I'm so glad we all would be willing to give the "one hero, one villain" idea a try! Okay, so I am added an update to the first post. Please read up!

Also, to avoid getting in trouble, I am voting that we shift this to our new OOC.

The profile will be up there, as well. Now would be a good time to start up discussions for your characters.